1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU Round 2 Suspect Voting: Aldaron's Proposal

Discussion in 'Blind Voting' started by Philip7086, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Factory Headis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

Hey everybody, thanks for participating in another round of 5th generation suspect testing! The nominations and special permissions applications are all in, and here's the list of qualified voters:
    Qualified Voters (open)
    Aeroblacktyl
    Aerrow
    Ala
    Arc Tech
    Bad Ass
    badabing
    Bloo
    Chicken_Vagitas
    Ciele
    coyotte508
    Crazy88
    DarkLucario
    dbolt
    Delta 2777
    Elevator Music
    Eo Ut Mortus
    Fireburn
    Giga Punch
    Grimm70
    hanke
    Heist
    Iconic
    idiotfrommars
    JabbaTheGriffin
    JLei2k
    JohnR011
    Jonathan
    Krack
    Lamppost
    Limitless
    LizardMan
    locopoke
    M Dragon
    Maaf
    makiri
    Morty
    NailsOU
    Oristeros
    pi face
    Pokemonniac
    PttP
    Rag
    Rhys DeAnno
    Snunch
    TEzeon
    ToF
    uragg
    wilson46
    Yondie
    Zeph
    zfs

The first thing we will be voting on this round (and the purpose of this thread) is Aldaron's proposal. If you are unfamiliar with what I'm referring to, please read the OP of the thread I just linked (I will not summarize it, as you should be familiar with the entire thing before casting a vote). After this is voted on, we will move on to an ability vote, then a Pokemon vote. If this proposal passes, we will forgo the ability vote, as the only successfully nominated ability this round was Drizzle. Please post with one of the following options:

If you wish to give an explanation for your vote, you are welcome to, but make sure to bold your actual vote! This poll will close at 11:59 PM on Friday, January 28th, or whenever a result is reached

Just a reminder to Policy Review moderators and super moderators: delete your posts after you make them!
  2. Heist

Heist
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

Abstain, however, should my abstain be counted towards "no," I would like to make this vote a support for Aldaron's proposal.
  3. Delta 2777

Delta 2777 Machampion
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion

Abstain, however, should my abstain be counted towards "no," I would like to make this vote a support for Aldaron's proposal.
  4. yondie

yondie mitt game strong
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

I support Aldaron's Proposal.
  5. PttP

PttP Shoutout to the sidewalk for keeping me off the streets
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

DO NOT SUPPORT ALDARON'S PROPOSAL

>:((((((((((((((((((
  6. Arc Tech

Arc Tech

Support Aldaron's Proposal
  7. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

8. wilson46

wilson46
    is a Contributor Alumnus

9. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

10. uraga

uraga Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
    is a Contributor Alumnus

it makes sense
  11. Jonathan

Jonathan

12. Rag

Rag "aaaaaaaahhhh!"

I support Aldaron's Proposal.
  13. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

14. Snunch

Snunch
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 8th Official Smogon Tournament

Do Not Support Aldaron's Proposal
  15. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I am beginning to warm up to Aldaron's proposal, but I would really like to see rain tested first without Manaphy before we take drastic measures in weakening it or banning it completely. After spending a lot of time on the PO server where the only tier difference is no Manaphy, I can say with relative conviction that rain is much less broken there. If it comes down to it though I would rather see Aldaron's proposal go through than a ban on drizzle, but I think we should consider playing in a Manaphy free meta-game before we approve the proposal.
  16. dbolt

dbolt

1:32dbolti should have voted to support your proposal to see if drizzle will actually get used
  17. Zephyr

Zephyr Life Stream
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

18. Lamppost

Lamppost I put the milk in first
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

support aldaron's proposal
  19. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Do not support Aldaron's proposal

I feel complex bans are unnecessary when a drizzle ban provides largely the same outcome, without opening up a can of worms that can't be closed. Precedent is a dangerous thing.
  20. Iconic

Iconic
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I still believe that Doryuuzu and Randorusu will be broken and banned without Drizzle + Swift Swim, and I honestly feel that Drizzle has a good chance of being banned even without Swift Swim but I guess "it doesn't hurt to try".
  21. makiri

makiri My vast and supreme will shall be done!
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winner

22. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Slacking Off

Though I don't really like the idea of the metagame being in this convoluted state long term, this is similar enough to the first stage of Pocket's proposal that we can attempt to continue it next round should Drizzle prove unbroken. Since the alternative by the numbers is clearly going to be a ban of Drizzle entirely, I have to support this.
  23. DarkLucario

DarkLucario Kämpfe für deinen Traum
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 8 Champion

24. Eo Ut Mortus

Eo Ut Mortus Elodin Smells
    is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

25. Maaf

Maaf Let's go for Nanar sweep
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)