Official OU Round 6 Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Overall happy with this decision. I really want Chomp introduced back into OU now, and I think it will be a good presense in the OU metagame without Sand Veil. 3 and 6 were the hardest decisions to make, but I then decided to just ban Sand Veil only, even though it may be a little strange judging by the same effects they cause. I feel that Sand Veil is top priority now, and this will be the final step to let Chomp back in OU.

Throughout the suspect test, and after thinking about evasion abilities in general, I decided that probably the best option for the meta at the moment is just to ban evasion abilities. Without the potential for a miss at a really bad time, Garchomp becomes much easier to deal with, and in my opinion, is a nice addition to OU. I also think that banning Sand Veil/ Snow Cloak outright is a good way to keep consistency in our ban policy (i.e., evasion clause covers all forms of evasion - abilities, moves, items), while avoiding the less-than-desirable complex ban. I listed option (3) as my second preference, as it is basically exactly the same as (6), except it doesn't include Snow Cloak. For the sake of consistency, I prefer (6), but (3) is OK as well, because honestly Snow Cloak is just not an issue in OU imo.

That said, if people would rather not ban the abilities completely (as they are not really broken on any pokemon save Garchomp), then I would be fine with (4): a complex ban of Sand Veil + Sandstream; it effectually accomplishes the same thing, without negatively affecting the mighty Cacturne :P

My fourth preference is (1), because I feel that even with Sand Veil, Garchomp really isn't broken in OU anymore, especially with the predominance of rain, and a host of new pokes that threaten Tyranitar, the primary sandstreamer (i.e., Tornadus-T/ Superpower, Thunderus-T/Focus Blast, Keldeo, Genesect etc). However, I would definitely still prefer Sand Veil-less Chomp.

If this still isn't possible, then we could just ban Chomp altogether, and not worry about evasion abilities, though I think that's a shame; Garchomp is a nice addition to OU. However, the option I would least prefer is (5), simply because Garchomp is the only pokemon that is broken with Sand Veil anyway, so if you're not going to unban Garchomp, it just seems pointless. You might as well just leave Cacturne alone, in that case :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)