Official OU Round 6 Suspect Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
6 Snow Cloak/Sand Veil are both abilities that hinder Pokemon being competitive so it should be banned.

3 Sand Veil sucks for the meta.
Garchomp with Sand Veil is NOT what OU needs.

This should be the last resort. Sand Veil + SandStream ban is useless when I want Sand Veil itself banned. Why make this more complex?

complete legitimacy

is it cold in the water?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

All right, anyone who's seen my posts in either of the suspect threads knows that I'm a strong supporter of a complex ban. I'll just summarize my reasoning here; a complex ban minimizes the impact on our banlist by allowing Garchomp to be allowed, and it and Gliscor can still use Sand Veil as long as they're not setting up the weather themselves (this isn't uncompetitive because risk/reward is common in Pokemon), and Cacturne can use Encore and Bullet Seed. It also has the advantage of not "banning an ability that makes a Pokemon broken but not the Pokemon itself", so while although it's a complex ban I think that it'll be better for policy down the road. Thanks to the OU Council for letting this be an option though.

Otherwise, Sand Veil just needs to be out of the game, and since it's an uncompetitive ability in and of itself, Garchomp doesn't need to be banned anymore, since it clearly wasn't broken during the Rough Skin testing. However, if Sand Veil isn't banned, then Garchomp is pretty broken with Sand Veil, in particular the Salac Berry variant of SubSD. Once the easiest way to kill Garchomp has been eliminated (revenge killing), as well as the second easiest (trying to wall it) since Garchomp just becomes too hard to stop if you miss one or two Ice Fangs, Whirlwinds, Earthquakes, HP Ices, etc. with some of its top defensive checks: Skarmory, Bronzong, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Landorus-T. That set alone can break Garchomp if Sand Veil is allowed in my opinion. My next option would be to ban all evasion abilities, since it's not like missing a Hydro Pump because you don't have a choice over whether you hit or miss with a 100% accurate move. Getting lower on the totem pole we have unbanning Garchomp and keeping Sand Veil, but that's only fifth because banning both Garchomp and Sand Veil is definitely the worst option. Simply unbanning Garchomp is second-worst, and only fifth-best by default.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
4 (If you're going to do this then also do Snow Warning + Snow Cloak unless there's a valid reason for not doing so.)

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)