OU Sandstorm Team

Ok....uh, Joshe told me to rate this, so here I am. This needs a couple of big changes so prepare...

Ok, this team is massacred by SD Lucario. it literally OHKOes your entire team after a Swords Dance. Lucario can easily set up a SD after a Rock Wrecker from your Rhyperior and locked Ice Shard or Stone Edge from Mamoswine; it will then proceed to sweep you clean with Close Combat (which OHKOes every member of your team after a SD). As HAUNTER (=D) said earlier in his post, a Gliscor will greatly benefit your team. Gliscor will give your team a much needed Fighting resist, meaning you'll be able to handle Lucario among various other Fighting-types such as Machamp better. Furthermore, Gliscor can still support your team with Stealth Rock and perform the defensive role your Rhyperior was supposedly doing. Gliscor perform this much better thanks to Roost, which increases its survivability significantly.

Gliscor @ Leftovers | Sand Veil
Impish | 252 HP | 216 Spe | 40 Def
Earthquake | Stealth Rock | Roost | Taunt

With Taunt, you hold the power to prevent opposition from setting up their own entry hazards (Pokémon such as Skarmory and Forretress), making it easier for your team to switch around. Earthquake provides STAB and allows you to combat the dangerous Lucario among other threats such as Tyranitar. Stealth Rock provides you with support for the team while Roost allows Gliscor to stick around for long periods of time thanks to its instant recovery. Gliscor + Tyranitar makes an excellent combo, as they cover each other's main weaknesses excellently. Gliscor takes Fighting-type attacks and Ground attacks for Tyranitar, while Tyranitar takes Ice Beam's and such.

Now, you have a terrible weakness to MixApe. Fire Blast disposes of Magnezone and Skarmory, Grass Knot murders Swampert and Rhyperior, and Close Combat takes care of Tyranitar and Mamoswine. Your best way of beating it is wearing it down with Spikes and sandstorm, which isn't all to reliable. Similarly, LO Heatran with a set of Fire Blast | HP Grass | Earth Power sweeps you clean as well. Your team will benefit greatly from a Pokemon that aids with this weakness. I'm going to recommend a Vaporeon over Magnezone here. Vaporeon will do so much for this team; it covers DD Gyarados, Heatran, and Infernape for you, making it a great asset on this team. Additionally,it can provide Wish support, healing your team, making it a great team player. With its great HP and Defense, it will surely stick around for a while.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Bold | 188 HP | 252 Def | 68 Spe
Surf | HP Electric | Wish | Protect

Vaporeon is a much better addition than Tentacruel on this team for a couple of reasons 1) It has Wish to heal itself 2) it can actually take on Gyarados unlike Tentacruel, 3) Better Defense and HP 4 ) Water Absorb. You have a huge Water weakness and Vaporeon will be able to absorb Water-type attacks for you. protect is great for scouting your opponents attacks, Surf is for STAB and to strike dangerous threats such as the aforementioned Infernape and Heatran, while HP Electric hits the omnipresent and dangerous Gyarados.

Now some small changes. With Vaporeon handling Gyarados, you don't need Stone Edge on Swampert. Instead, I suggest trying out Ice Beam to better handle threats such as Salamence, Latias, and hit Pokemon such as Celebi harder on the switch-in. Then, replace Waterfall with Roar, as Waterfall doesn't provide much coverage alongside Earthquake and Ice Beam. Roar allows you to shuffle your opponent and build up SR + Spikes damage. You might also want to consider Brave Bird over Drill Peck on Skarmory just to hit things harder. The recoil is fixed by Roost so it's not too much of a concern.

Alright, you're utilizing Spikes with Skarmory, but lack a Rapid Spin blocker. I've read every single post in this thread and I noticed that you want to try and have the same team in-game. I'm still going to suggest a Rotom forme Mamoswine (specifically Rotom-h); There are a couple of things that Rotom-h does for your team. It blocks Rapid Spinners such as Donphan and Starmie from spinning away your Spikes. Rotom-h also helps you out with Gyarados and various other Water-types such as Vaporeon, who is also rather troublesome.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers | Levitate
Bold | 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Thunderbolt | Rest | Sleep Talk | Shadow Ball

If you can't obtain this Rotom-h in-game, I still suggest trying it out on Shoddy Battle! Thunderbolt serves as STAB and allows it dipose of Pokemon such as Gyarados, Vaporeon, etc. Shadow Ball provides secondary STAB and strikes Pokemon such as Cresselia and Celebi. Rest allows Rotom-h to replenish its health so it can survive for a long period of time and serve as a nice spin blocker. Sleep Talk prevents Rotom from being a sitting duck while sleeping and gives you the chance to attack. Mamoswine just increase your weakness to the above threats, and Rotom-h brings much more to the table than Mamoswine ever could.
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!
You read my posts like I said in the op!
You get toast!:toast:
I want to hug you!

FYI I do have a rotom-h. I may change my whole take on the have it in-game-too thing. The team that is in the op is basically what is what I have in-game.

Just trying to clarify, you want me to switch rhyp for gliscor, magnezone for vaporeon, and mamoswine for rotom-h?(just wondering, why did you want rotom-h and not any other kind if you're not using overheat? Does each form have different stats cause I thought that the form's stats were the same and reg rotom has different stats.)

Thanks for all the advice. I will change my op once I have access to a computer.(right now I'm on my itouch)

Since you're going to be replacing Rhyperior for Gliscor, and Mamoswine for Rotom-h (assuming you take Bloo's advice) I could see making Swampert mixed do this team better as it will be able to counter Salamence more effectively thanks to Ice Beam.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Hydro Pump / Roar

Since you're going to be replacing Rhyperior for Gliscor, and Mamoswine for Rotom-h (assuming you take Bloo's advice) I could see making Swampert mixed do this team better as it will be able to counter Salamence more effectively thanks to Ice Beam.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SDef
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Stealth Rock
-Hydro Pump / Roar
I am about to fall over. I'm so happy people are reading the posts!

Ooooh a MixPert! I'll have to try that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)