OU Shenanigans (Weatherless)

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't see why you can't just use Ice Beam > Psyshock on Starmie. Not only is it much faster than Mamoswine, it's naturally faster than every OU Dragon-type, handles Gliscor and Heatran and its Water-typing provides the same function that Thick Fat does.

They're obviously on polar opposite ends of the spectrum on just about everything and there is a great deal of merit to using Mamoswine, but EVERY team appreciates spin support; those that can afford to should do so. Over half of the team is affected by Spikes and Salamence has a SR weakness. It may not be necessary to have Rapid Spin, but it sure as hell helps.
Well, most Moxiemences and even Haxoruses run a scarf, making it more difficult to revenge kill them with Starmie. Also Psyshock comes in really handy. What Mamowsine has is a very powerful banded priority Ice move, that make dragons cry blood.

after 8lisey dies. RP gene takes a maive crap on your team! he hits 4 guys for 4x SE damage! hmmmmm persoaly this is my solution.
Loe salamence. Hes a good LG sweeper, ino 8ut he doesnt work with the team. Id 8ring heatran 8ack over the lizard. A scarf Tran, can do serious work against a plethora of current metagame threats.
Anyway gl with the team

after 8lisey dies. RP gene takes a maive crap on your team! he hits 4 guys for 4x SE damage! hmmmmm persoaly this is my solution.
Loe salamence. Hes a good LG sweeper, ino 8ut he doesnt work with the team. Id 8ring heatran 8ack over the lizard. A scarf Tran, can do serious work against a plethora of current metagame threats.
Anyway gl with the team
Most of my better matches were won due to scarfed moxiemence. And blissey hardly dies ever unless it is to something like Terrakion late game. She is usually my last remaining Pokemon too. And I've not seen a single RP Genesect. Like, ever.

Well, most Moxiemences and even Haxoruses run a scarf, making it more difficult to revenge kill them with Starmie. Also Psyshock comes in really handy. What Mamowsine has is a very powerful banded priority Ice move, that make dragons cry blood.
Hence why I said NATURALLY outspeeds. In an earlier post, I brought up that those scarfed Dragons are actually LESS threatening compared to some other common scarfers that outpace this team's low speed scarfers, whom there are plenty of. Scarf Terrakion clean 6-0's this team and thought not quite as common, Keldeo and Infernape do as well; Mamoswine can't touch any of these.

A CB Mamoswine puts the team at a total of three choice item holders. Set-up sweepers will have a field day with this, so if you use Mamo choose a LO. But I don't think Dragons are the biggest issue here.

You prolly wont like it, but there may still be a solution. The need for powerful priority is huge here so I'd test out CB/Offensive DD Dragonite > Salamence.

Yeah, I said it, but here this out. Dragonite is arguably just as lethal in the late-game as Mence. Salamence may have Moxie and better stats, but it would kill for Dragonite's Multiscale and more imortantly, its Extremespeed. A boosted Extremespeed handles all the threats mentioned in the last few posts, bar Terrakion and means Dragonite doesn't have to rely on a Choice Scarf to fix its middling speed. It also means you can keep Starmie. Whether CB or DD is preference, but I think its the best option.

Hence why I said NATURALLY outspeeds. In an earlier post, I brought up that those scarfed Dragons are actually LESS threatening compared to some other common scarfers that outpace this team's low speed scarfers, whom there are plenty of. Scarf Terrakion clean 6-0's this team and thought not quite as common, Keldeo and Infernape do as well; Mamoswine can't touch any of these.

A CB Mamoswine puts the team at a total of three choice item holders. Set-up sweepers will have a field day with this, so if you use Mamo choose a LO. But I don't think Dragons are the biggest issue here.

You prolly wont like it, but there may still be a solution. The need for powerful priority is huge here so I'd test out CB/Offensive DD Dragonite > Salamence.

Yeah, I said it, but here this out. Dragonite is arguably just as lethal in the late-game as Mence. Salamence may have Moxie and better stats, but it would kill for Dragonite's Multiscale and more imortantly, its Extremespeed. A boosted Extremespeed handles all the threats mentioned in the last few posts, bar Terrakion and means Dragonite doesn't have to rely on a Choice Scarf to fix its middling speed. It also means you can keep Starmie. Whether CB or DD is preference, but I think its the best option.
Fair call here. I did use DNite for a little while, and he was in the original rmt post. What kind of DD set would you recommend for it?

Also, I'm not done with testing, but LO SD Scizor is currently destroying shit compared to Genesect.

A standard 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe, Adamant spread should suffice. You want Extremespeed to do as much damage as possible to KO the faster threats late-game. Outrage/Dragon Claw and Fire Punch for best coverage with Extremespeed.

Also, missed the fact that you were testing Scizor. That takes care of your glaring Terrakion weakness.

A standard 252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe, Adamant spread should suffice. You want Extremespeed to do as much damage as possible to KO the faster threats late-game. Outrage/Dragon Claw and Fire Punch for best coverage with Extremespeed.

Also, missed the fact that you were testing Scizor. That takes care of your glaring Terrakion weakness.
Fire punch might work, but would EQ be better?

Also, I feel I'm still very open to fighting types.

Just a quick heads up here before I update the rmt.

LO Scizor is going to be replacing Genesect for sure, and CB Mamoswine won't be replacing Starmie. I like spin support too much I guess. I will test DD DNite and DD Salamence more though before making the decision there.

Trying out a set I found with Kabutops to help deal with rain/sun/sand teams. :D

I don't want to go anti-weather at all, but it's a pretty cool looking set that still has PS, which I need still.

Also testing DDNite over Salamence again.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

This is a pretty cool weatherless balanced team, but I do seem some weaknesses. Having no weather generally leaves you at the mercy of strong weather sweepers, and I would say that this team is no exception. While most standard threats are checked, Pokemon like Tornadus-T, Keldeo, and Venusaur look troublesome (in their respective weathers). Nothing on this team wants to come in on Hurricane's from Tornadus-T, except for Blissey, who takes a solid 68.2% - 80.18% from LO Superpower. Additionally, Venusaur in sun looks extremely threatening. At +2 Venusaur can sweep through your team very easily, and even at +0 it can do a lot of damage (Mence isn't the best answer to him). To a lesser extent than the other two, CM Keldeo also poses a threat. Salamence is your best check to it, bar Starmie who can be worn down trying to spin, but still takes 52.87% - 62.54% from a Hydro Pump in the rain. That means one bad prediction can be very deadly, and Keldeo can get a free KO essentially when it comes in on Landorus/Blissey/Scizor.

Ok so while this may seem like a lot of weaknesses, most of them can be fixed with rather simple changes. By simply running a defensive set on Starmie, you gain a decent check to CM Keldeo, as well as a much more reliable spinner. I would also recommend changing Blissey's set. In BW1, Blissey was a fantastic Venusuar check but with Giga Drain released it lost that capability. By running Thunder Wave on Blissey, you can neuter any Venusaur's who attempt to setup on you, leaving them easily revenged during the rest of the match. Now the Tornadus-T weakness can't be solved as easily. I would suggest running a Jirachi over Ferrothorn to deal with this. The loss of a Water-Type resist wont be as huge of a deal since you already have Defensive Starmie + Blissey to sponge most Water-Type hits. Jirachi is also one of the few solid counters to Tornadus-T in the rain. The paralysis support given by Jirachi + Blissey will also help Landorus/Scizor immensely, as they are pretty slow in such a fast paced metagame. Hope these suggestions were helpful, GL!

Blob (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

On Blissey a Wish + Protect could be used, but with Jirachi it would be a bit superflous. You also seemed keen on keeping Cleric support, so I added that to the set

Hey there,

This is a pretty cool weatherless balanced team, but I do seem some weaknesses. Having no weather generally leaves you at the mercy of strong weather sweepers, and I would say that this team is no exception. While most standard threats are checked, Pokemon like Tornadus-T, Keldeo, and Venusaur look troublesome (in their respective weathers). Nothing on this team wants to come in on Hurricane's from Tornadus-T, except for Blissey, who takes a solid 68.2% - 80.18% from LO Superpower. Additionally, Venusaur in sun looks extremely threatening. At +2 Venusaur can sweep through your team very easily, and even at +0 it can do a lot of damage (Mence isn't the best answer to him). To a lesser extent than the other two, CM Keldeo also poses a threat. Salamence is your best check to it, bar Starmie who can be worn down trying to spin, but still takes 52.87% - 62.54% from a Hydro Pump in the rain. That means one bad prediction can be very deadly, and Keldeo can get a free KO essentially when it comes in on Landorus/Blissey/Scizor.

Ok so while this may seem like a lot of weaknesses, most of them can be fixed with rather simple changes. By simply running a defensive set on Starmie, you gain a decent check to CM Keldeo, as well as a much more reliable spinner. I would also recommend changing Blissey's set. In BW1, Blissey was a fantastic Venusuar check but with Giga Drain released it lost that capability. By running Thunder Wave on Blissey, you can neuter any Venusaur's who attempt to setup on you, leaving them easily revenged during the rest of the match. Now the Tornadus-T weakness can't be solved as easily. I would suggest running a Jirachi over Ferrothorn to deal with this. The loss of a Water-Type resist wont be as huge of a deal since you already have Defensive Starmie + Blissey to sponge most Water-Type hits. Jirachi is also one of the few solid counters to Tornadus-T in the rain. The paralysis support given by Jirachi + Blissey will also help Landorus/Scizor immensely, as they are pretty slow in such a fast paced metagame. Hope these suggestions were helpful, GL!

Blob (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Softboiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Stealth Rock

On Blissey a Wish + Protect could be used, but with Jirachi it would be a bit superflous. You also seemed keen on keeping Cleric support, so I added that to the set
I'll give those a try. I'm also trying out a Kabutops set as a anti weather spinner, but I am always open to new ideas too. I am wary of trading out Ferrothorn. He is such excellent death fodder for all these heavy physical threats.

Hey BlankZero, good looking team you have here. As already mentioned, however, you do seem to make a weakness to Terrakion, especially Choice Scarf variants that have already been mentioned, with Scizor being your only reliable option in taking it down. I can understand that the team's leaning slightly more towards offense than defence, but I think a support Mew set over your Starmie, with standard Forretress replacing Ferrothorn to make sure you keep a valuable Rapid Spin user.

Mew would help deal with the threat that opposing Terrakion put on most of your team, being able to take its attacks pretty easily and then retaliate by burning it. Unlike the rest of your team (bar Ferrothorn), it's also able to take at least two Stone Edges before falling to its attacks. With the loss of Starmie, your team will have two weaknesses to Fire-type attacks with one resistance in Salamence, but Blissey can take most of those with relative ease anyway.

While Forretress might not appeal to you due to losing Ferrothorn's pseudo-spinblocking ability (Iron Barbs + Rocky Helmet), it's still able to utilise the double hazards that you seem to want, as well as being able to launch a reasonably powerful Gyro Ball whenever it needs to.

I hope you consider these suggestions, and good luck with the team. Apologies in advance if these suggestions are stupid. I don't rate teams much. For good reason.

Mew @ Leftovers | Synchronize
Bold | 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd | 0 Atk
Taunt | Will-o-Wisp | Softboiled | Psychic

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Spikes | Stealth Rock | Rapid Spin | Gyro Ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)