Nickname: WishyWashy​
Trait: Levitate​
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SAtk / 152 SDef​
Sassy Nature​
- Volt Switch​
- Thunder​
- Hydro Pump​
- Will-O-Wisp​
Every team needs raincounters nowadays, and Rotom-W seems to be perfect for that job. Since the team is weatherless, it needs to beat all kinds of weather (mainly Sand and Rain). The reason why Rotom-W is more or less "standard" and also in this team is its typing. It gives every team great synergy if they are built well, and it gets V-Switch which makes it a good scout as well. In this team Rotom-W gives great synergy to Ferrothorn and Scizor for taking Fire, Latias for taking Ice, Landorus-T for taking Water (and Ice as well). That means Rotom-W is a very important Pokemon for this team, it combines the V-Turn (combination of Volt Switch and U-Turn) core of Landorus-T and Scizor really well.​
Landorus-Therian
Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers​
Nickname: Rawr​
Trait: Intimidate​
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Def / 108 SAtk​
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)​
- U-turn​
- Earthquake​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
- Stealth Rock​
Landorus-T is the physical wall in the team. It also gets up Stealth Rocks for the team which can really help the team out against Sun for example. The great defensive bulk makes it able to take physical threats in this metagame easily (e.g. Terrakion, Scizor). U-Turn as a scout move works really well even if it is pretty slow. Earthquake gives Landorus the STAB move that is most important since its attack stat is really high-based. HP Ice takes out opposing Landorus-T and Gliscor, that usually wall this Pokemon.​
Ferrothorn
Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers​
Nickname: SBSymphony​
Trait: Iron Barbs​
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SDef​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Seed Bomb​
- Spikes​
- Leech Seed​
- Thunder Wave​
Ferrothorn is a useful hazard-Pokemon that can take rain really well and gives the team a lot more synergy due to its Grass type. A steel Pokemon is usually really good in every team because they are the only Pokemon that can take powerful dragonmoves like Draco Meteor or Outrage which are rather common in this metagame. In theory Scizor can take them pretty well too, but it's needed because it is powerful, not for walling dragons. Those can usually go through Scizor's defense/special defense easily anyway, because of their huge attack stats. Thunder Wave supports the team once more because it makes fast threats really slow and easily beatable. Leech Seed supports Ferrothorn itself, since it doesn't have a real recovery besides Leftovers. Seed Bomb gives it a STAB and attacking move which is also important for the team synergy and coverage (it beats Gastrodon for example). Ferrothorn's ability Iron Barbs makes it even more annoying for the opponent because it damages them once they touch Ferrothorn (which mostly happens through physical moves/physical Pokemon; less special Pokemon get affected by the Barbs).​
Keldeo-Resolute
Keldeo-R @ Choice Scarf​
Nickname: Pwny​
Trait: Justified​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Surf​
- Secret Sword​
- Hydro Pump​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Teams mostly need a scarfed Pokemon so they get a revenge killer and/or some more speed in the team. Keldeo works well at this point, hitting 519 speed with scarf it makes it able to outspeed (and OHKO) many dragons that are at +1 speed (boosted) or scarfed Pokemon like Salamence, Tyranitar, Jirachi, Landorus, Landorus-t, Thundurus-t, etc. Keldeo also works well against rain, the Surfs/Hydro Pumps become even more powerful through them. Keldeo gives the team more coverage, the team would be a lot weaker to stuff like Heatran without it.​
Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers​
Nickname: Scarlet​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Calm Mind​
- Dragon Pulse​
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
- Substitute​
Latias is the dragon in the team. It takes rain and sun really well which makes it useful for a weatherless team, because those usually have a weakness to sun or rain. Max speed (349 with HP Fire) is quite good for outspeeding opposing Keldeo/Terrakion/Virizion if they aren't scarfed, Thundurus-t, unscarfed Jirachi, other Dragons like Hydreigon, Kyurem or Dragonite (unboosted). The HP Fire is great for Scizors that try to Pursuit or U-Turn the Latias which would surely OHKO it, nowadays Scizor usually doesn't expect HP Fire on Calm Mind Latias, so they go for one of those moves. HP Fire OHKO's them though, which makes it useful for the set. Dragon Pulse gives it the STAB move, Substitute helps Latias to get the Calm Minds up sooner and better.​
Scizor
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band​
Nickname: InB4U​
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- U-turn​
- Bullet Punch​
- Superpower​
- Pursuit​
Scizor gives the team the priority, power and the synergy that it (still) needs. It's a pretty basic set, but the BP works really well for the entire team in middle- and lategame. U-Turn as the typical scouting move, Pursuit for trapping pokes like Latios/Latias (if they don't have HP Fire or if they are locked) and Superpower against Steels that resist the other moves or take them really well (e.g. Ferrothorn, other Scizors, Heatran (switch-in), Magnezone (switch-in), Cobalion, etc.).​
Outro
Well that's the team, please suggest improvements etc..​
That's about it, later ;]​
Team Export
WishyWash (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers​
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SAtk / 152 SDef​
Calm Nature​
- Volt Switch​
- Thunder​
- Hydro Pump​
- Will-O-Wisp​
Rawr (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Intimidate​
EVs: 200 HP / 200 Def / 108 SAtk​
Rash Nature​
- U-turn​
- Earthquake​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
- Stealth Rock​
SBSymphony (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Iron Barbs​
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SDef​
Adamant Nature​
- Seed Bomb​
- Spikes​
- Leech Seed​
- Thunder Wave​
Pwny (Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Justified​
Timid Nature​
- Surf​
- Secret Sword​
- Hydro Pump​
- Hidden Power [Ice]​
Scarlet (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers​
Timid Nature​
- Calm Mind​
- Dragon Pulse​
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
- Substitute​
InB4U (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band​
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd​
Adamant Nature​
- U-turn​
- Bullet Punch​
- Superpower​
- Pursuit​

That Rotom-W is a little funny. Change Sassy nature to Calm, as Rotom-W is not using any physical attacks to begin with. I also recommend Thunderbolt > Thunder, as if sun is up, Rotom-W becomes much more helpless with Thunder due to the lack of rain support. I would also change Ferrothorn's Nature and spread to Impish and 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef. You can also opt for Power Whip > Seed Bomb to hit things like Keldeo and Jellicent harder, though if you do not like the accuracy drop, then you can just stick with Seed Bomb.

That Landorus-T set looks a little funny. Can you explain the spread please?

The Landorus-T set runs 200 hp 200 defense so that it is bulky enough to tank most physical hits and has special investment to be able to hit most 4x ice weak pokes really hard.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, MetalBladeVR!

I see a lot of problems just with the actual sets of the Pokémon you're using, so I want to address those. Rotom-W shouldn't be using Thunder if you aren't providing it with rain support. Even if it is your rain counter, Thunder becomes too unreliable of a move when you aren't facing a rain team, and becomes a wasted move slot. I would switch it to Pain Split, since your Rotom is pretty important to the team as a check to many water threats, and doesn't like being worn down by repeated rain-boosted Specs Hydro Pumps. Pain Split at least gives it some form of recovery. Next, Landorus T has an odd spread. I don't think HP Ice is really doing much for Landorus-T, since Rotom-W already takes out all the thing that Landorus would need HP Ice for (Glsicor and opposing Landorus-T). I would change HP Ice to Stone Edge, which gives him a much more powerful move to hit the Dragons you're trying to intimidate, as well as giving you an option to hit Gyarados and such. I would also change his EV spread to 156 HP / 252 Def / 92 Spe with a Jolly nature. This will make you faster than Gyarados and Toxicroak, while still retaining much of your bulk. Toxicroak is especially threatening, since Swords Dance ones can OHKO everything on your team. You need Landorus to out-speed so it can KO with Earthquake before it has a chance to Ice Punch. Plus, not many of them will expect you to out-speed, so you can surprise them. Stick with the standard Ferrothorn set, it's the best one there is. Actually, the newest set is 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef with an Impish nature, since it will let you survive Salamence's Fire Blast no matter what, even after SR. And change Seed Bomb to Power Whip. Usually the extra power is much more important than the 100% accuracy. CM Latias should always be running 252 HP, so take the EVs out of SAtk, and put them there. I would also suggest Recover over HP Fire, but the choice is up to you. Bended Scizor won't be able to break through your Keldeo easily, and it can only switch into Latias a finite number of times, especially if you have a Sub up and Rocks on the field. The bulk is definitely more important. Scizor and Keldeo are fine, I think.

Next, you have a major weakness to Volcarona, since Keldeo can't OHKO Volcarona at +1 and it can just boost to +2 and get its health back with Giga Drain. You can always Hydro Pump Volcarona and then switch out as it Giga Drains and hit it with Scizor's Bullet Punch for the KO, but you risk being burned there, and, while it may work sometimes, it is a pretty unreliable way of dealing with such a dangerous threat. If you would rather, you can try Scarf Garchomp over Scizor. This takes away from your VoltTurn core, but it does give you a solid answer to some dangerous setup sweepers including Volcarona, Dragonite, Salamence, and Gyarados. However, this means that Rotom-W becomes even more important to your team, since it's the only thing you have to deal with Mamoswine. ferrothorn also becomes important since it's your best option to deal with Starmie. Just keep that in mind as you play.

Hope I was able to help! Good luck with the team!

Sets/Changes

Thunder--->Pain Split

Seed Bomb--->Power Whip
252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef Impish Nature

HP Ice--->Stone Edge
156 HP / 252 Def / 92 Spe Jolly Nature

Jet (Garchomp) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive / Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

may I ask how did you get that clip thingy for you pokemon. PM me how because im gonna forget to come back to this RMT anyway... thanks :)

Last edited:
wow... I barely see any weaknesses in your team but once ferrothorn dies I see a flying weakness. Rotom-W is your only counter to flying types once ferro is dead. idk how much a flying type move can do to it but it will probably 2 hit kill if its at lower health. Wut the people above me said is also right and should be changed. Thats all I can think of atm (im in a hurry) But I might come back to this RMT. nice team :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)