Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Breloom- Current Set

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other- Post Set and Reasons in Comments

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters
TEAM IN ACTION: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou13477694

Current Streak: 5 Championships in a row

Hey guys, this is a team i created very recently, and it works EXTREMELY well. thew first time I played it without any practice, I won 14 games straight. Though it has been very effective, it obviously does have its flaws. That's where you guys come in! I would love your feedback and suggestions! Well, lets get started!

GOAL: Create a team that not only has monstrous synergy, but hits like a truck.

AT A GLANCE
[pimg]121[/pimg] [pimg]682[/pimg] [pimg]685[/pimg] [pimg]94[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Team Building
Team first started: [pimg]677[/pimg] [pimg]675[/pimg] [pimg]665[/pimg] [pimg]623[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Needed more power from ghost type: [pimg]677[/pimg] [pimg]675[/pimg] [pimg]665[/pimg] [pimg]94[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Same for my dragon type: [pimg]677[/pimg] [pimg]675[/pimg] [pimg]685[/pimg] [pimg]94[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Mach punch, sub-breaker: [pimg]286[/pimg] [pimg]675[/pimg] [pimg]685[/pimg] [pimg]94[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Electric type, more power: [pimg]286[/pimg] [pimg]682[/pimg] [pimg]685[/pimg] [pimg]94[/pimg] [pimg]490[/pimg] [pimg]453[/pimg]

Take a Closer Look

[pimg]121[/pimg]
Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 12 SDef / 244 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Ice Beam

[pimg]286[/pimg]
Breloom @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Spore

A team in need of mach punch and a sub-breaker, breloom was a great selection. We all know and fear this set, as it can put a foe to sleep then set up a free Swords Dance, at which point the beast is nearly impossible to take down. With technician and STAB, mach punch reaches a base 90 power, and of course valuable priority. After a swords dance, bullet seed demolishes anything that doesn't resist it.

[pimg]682[/pimg]
Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot Testing: Focus Blast
- Volt Switch Testing: Nasty Plot

This set is great for a couple reasons; opponents may be expecting a choice item, and switch right into say a grass knot. With his incredible special attack, and the perfect boltbeam coverage, TT can hit almost any poke (bar blissey) extremely hard. His far above average maxed speed also makes him a great scout with volt switch. He is immune to electric sand ground, which plague heatran and lucario.

[pimg]685[/pimg]
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature Testing: Naive
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Zen Headbutt Testing: Earth Power/Rock Slide
- Ice Beam

When you think of incredibly massive power, you think of Kyurem-B. But how about speed? I decided to put a choice scarf on this guy because of his awful ice typing, which allows me to almost always attack first. Outrage hits even steel types very hard, often 2HKOing. Fusion Bolt provides much needed electric coverage, and ice beam is also alright STAB coverage (hits 27 percent of OU super-effectively). Overall, this dragon is a monster when not slowed down before he starts. All I have to do is take out 3-4 of my opponents pokemon, and Kyurem-B cleans up at the end with blazing speed and attack. It is not an exaggeration when I say he has won me every game so far. (4 championships in a row) The kryptonite: Bullet Punch, Mach Punch.

[pimg]94[/pimg]
Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Perhaps my most valuable member, I use him almost exclusively as my lead. I first set up a substitute, and see what my opponent does. If he lays out SR's, I start sending a barrage of attacks (a surprise giga drain or HP fire hits most common leads). If I am hit, the next turn I switch to an ally that can take that attack and force a switch. This has honestly never failed me, except for the rare choice scarf lead. Is immune to fighting, which 3 of my guys are weak to, normal, and ground.

[pimg]490[/pimg]
Heatran @ Air Balloon/Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power Testing: Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

We all know heatran hits extremely hard, and of course has fantastic coverage, so I don't need to elaborate on that. The biggest change I've made to heatran is putting on roar, because a BP team is the only team yet to beat this one. Also, immune to fire attacks that hit lucario and breloom.

[pimg]453[/pimg]
Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- ExtremeSpeed
- Crunch

Lucario, my everything-man. Forces an insane ammount of switches with its diverse move-pool, which allows me to set up SD. Once he has attack+2, he is a real monster. What he lacks in speed, he makes up for in extremespeed. SD close combat causes massive damage to anything that is willing to switch in. And of course, if some guy thinks they're clever by switching in a ground type, lucario will take care of that as well with ice punch. The Kryptonite: Mach Punch​

I actually recommend Rock Slide > Zen Headbutt on your Kyurem-B. I've used that set with that difference, and have found that Rock Slide can be used as a good move that won't lock you in with coverage, hits Ice-types and Volcarona, and is able to hit potential Dark switch-ins, such as Tyranitar.

Other than that, I don't see many gaping holes in your team or it's coverage. Impressive, save for the potential problem Stealth Rocks if Breloom can't Spore them.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there, nice team!

This looks like a pretty solid team; I don't see the need to change much since the team synergizes quite well. The team has the great amount of defensive synergy that Hyper Offensive teams need to prevent maintain their offense and the team also has multiple attackers that can hit from a variety of spectrums. Some simple move changes should be enough to help the team, in my opinion.

One of the biggest problems this team might have is that of Stall / defensive type teams. Their hazards will be sure to wear your team down, and when coupled with Sand support can quickly drain the HP of your recovery-less sweepers. SR / hazards in general are your biggest issue, as SR greatly hinders Thundy-T and Kyu-B, two important attackers of the team.

The first thing you can do is to try Nasty Plot instead of Volt Switch and Focus Blast over Grass Knot on Thundurus-T. When used along with its good speed and powerful coverage, Nasty Plot allows Thundurus-T to destroy defensice teams- as it has enough speed to allow it to sweep cleanly. Its coverage is great too; hitting most defensive pokemon super effectively and after a Nast Plot few opponents will be able to handle your onslaught. Focus Blast is a better move on Thundy-T because it hits Steel types, Ice types, Dark types, and Rock types- three of which are common defensive typings. Focus Blast is a clean OHKO to Ferrothorn / Heatran / Tyranitar after a Nasty Plot, letting you defeat all without a sweat. This is useful as it lets you dismantle all sorts of common defensive cores that those pokemon are in. Either way, Breloom provides Grass coverage.

Another thing you can try to combat Stall would be Leftovers on Breloom. Although this presents nothing offensively, it gives Breloom more longevity- which is important as you'd need it to constantly switch in to shut down opposing support pokemon. Leftovers lets Loom maintain its HP in Sandstorm and Hail- as well as heal in Rain / Sun / nonweather. This makes it easier to clean up late game as well as tackle foes wth physical punishment such as Ferrothorn or Garchomp. Recovery also helps Loom tank a resisted hit when necessary, as it's one of your only two water type resists. Also, you have weird ivs displayed; try 31 ivs across the board for maximum bulk, speed, and power.

On Kyu-B, you have a Jolly nature, which I don't suggest as it decreases the power of your Ice Beams, which are very valuable for coverage purposes. I'd try a spread of 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Naive to keep the maximum speed yet maintain a good amount of special attacking oower as well. I'm suggesting Naive as the extra def lets you take a Lefties Techni Mach Punch from Breloom at full health, though since water / electric spam might hurt this team you can definitely go for a Hasty nature. I'd also suggest something like Earth Power over Zen Headbutt to nail those pesky steels / fire types, as well as smack Rotom-W fairly hard. You don't lose any valuable coverage either; Ice Beam / Fusion Bolt hit almost all fighting types SE anyway, and EPower hits the rest.

On Luc, I'd try Crunch over Ice Punch as your team has more troubles with Reuniclus / Lati@s than with Gliscor / Lando, which can be handled by Kyu-B or Thundy-T who have stronger, more reliable attacks. Crunch hits Jellicent / other ghost types as well as Psychic types like Celebi or Reuniclus hard. You lose the ability to hit Dragon types, but Heatran is a great Dragon killer, as it has better bulk and power. Crunch would be more helpful in hitting things like Gyarados or Jellicent and is more powerful in general.

As an optional change, you can try Stealth Rock over Earth Power on Heatran so you can break sashes / sturdies as well as weaken Fire / Bug / Ice / Flying types as they switch in, making them loads easier to deal with. However, since directly damaging those Fire types such as when facing Sun might be important, I'll leave this change up to you.

Good luck~

One flaw that you're team has is that it lacks Entry hazard users. This can be fixed by replacing breloom with Custap lead skarmory. You don't need priority thanks to lucario's EX speed and skarmory can aide your lucarios sweeping potential by setting up entry hazards. Here is the set:

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Thanks for the rate guys! I love your ideas electrolyte, but it always kills me to run focus blast ;) I think I will, but that 70% accuracy jut kills me. I love nasty plot, crunch, and stealth rock as well. Magcargo, I was considering skarmory, but it could really throw off my teams synergy as it is now. I think I will run SR on heatran instead.

joshe

the best
I have a few suggestions with your team that I feel would improve team synergy and give you a better purpose in both keeping your members alive, checking threats, and some offensive synergy. I would like to start out by suggesting a Starmie over Gengar. I know you like Gengar and I wouldn't suggest changing him unless I knew that there would be a better member for your team. Starmie is incredibly useful in getting rid of stealth rock and other hazards which your team absolutely hates. Kyurem-b and Thundurus are stealth rock weak and are hampered so much by taking 25% every single switch in. Starmie would alleviate that problem for you and would also check a huge threat to your team in Keldeo. An Expert Belt Keldeo alone takes out half your team and Scarf Keldeo in rain does even more damage to you. Starmie is a near guaranteed Keldeo counter (watch out for hidden power [bug] but it doesn't OHKO or anything) that KO's all versions with Psyshock. You don't lose out on much offensively either as Starmie hits quite hard and definitely handles a ton of stuff. the current ev spread i'm suggesting below will give you a ton of power and enough bulk to check the big threats along with enough speed to beat out Tornadus.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 52 HP / 232 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam / Recover
- Psyshock

Continuing on the synergistic standpoint of your team, I would suggest that you change Kyurem-b to an offensive version other than Choice Scarf. I feel that you could use Kyurem-b to its full potential on this team by absolutely ripping apart physical walls with it's powerful boosted Outrages solely for either a Breloom or Lucario sweep. Choice Band Kyurem-B can fill this role pretty nicely. With Starmie you don't have to worry about constantly switching it in and out thanks to the star removing hazards for you and you deal so much damage with Choice Band boosted Outrages. Obviously Kyurem-b still takes out both Landorus-T and Gliscor with Ice Beam which Lucario LOVES and its outrages deal so much damage to Hippowdon and can even 2HKO some steel types o.o. You can also run an Adamant nature to increase the power even more as Kyurem is in a pretty shitty speed tier and you would be using him for power not to check things. You should be using the moves: Outrage, Fusion Bolt, Dragon Claw, and Ice Beam as Kyurem-b doesn't really have much use for any other move and Dragon Claw is good in case you don't want to lock yourself up in an Outrage.

With Kyurem-B as a Choice Bander you need someone to fill the role of a revenge killer and checks to things with base speed 100 or less I suppose. Thundurus-t can fill this role pretty well in my opinion and even offers something that Kyurem-b didn't: A solid check to scarf Salamence who can give you a ton of trouble if it's at pretty high health. you can still scout with Volt switch and still handle rain teams pretty well with your already powerful attacks so I don't see too much wrong with this option. the only thing you'd lose is if your opponent correctly predicted a thunderbolt or volt switch and switches in a ground type so you should always look for that and try to avoid that situation. With a spinner on your team this makes Thundurus-T's job that much easier as you wont have to bite 25% every single time you switch it in. Thunderbolt, HP-ICE, Focus Blast, and Volt Switch should give you enough coverage and power in your moves to check stuff like Salamence, Dragonite, and other fast sweepers.

As far as the rest you absolutely need Stealth Rock on Heatran. Your WHOLE team needs it to get their respective OHKOs and 2HKOs and it's absolutely great for getting rid of Focus Sash users and Sturdy ability pokemon. I would use it over Roar and keep Hidden Power [Ice], Fire Blast, and Earth Power. Air Ballon is a solid item and makes for a nice check to opposing heatran of sorts. baton pass teams shouldn't give you too much trouble with how much power kyurem-b dishes out along with your double priority so overall this is a welcome change.

I would also like to suggest an item other than Life Orb on Breloom. Anything from Focus Sash to Fight Gem would be good here. You have a spinner in Starmie (I seriously suggest this change lol) and you can make good use of that focus sash just in case something gets out of hand and it needs to be spored or killed. Fight Gem is also good in being a great check to Terrakion and I suppose anything neutral to fighting that is low enough to be killed by a 1.5x boosted technician mach punch.

Good luck with your team bro! I really thought about team synergy when writing this rate and I feel with my changes your team performs its job much more efficiently and safely while checking a few big threats such as Keldeo and Terrakion. I hope you try out my suggestions and enjoy them :)

Pretty solid team. I think one thing you should do is replace HP Ice with Toxic. Toxic allows you to do something about other bulky walls, such as Blissey, Latias without Surf, Jellicent and Rotom on the switch in, force a Celebi switch, and Ninetales. Toxic is one the best moves in the game since the opponent cannot keep in any one Pokemon for more than 4 turns or else they will be very close to fainting.

Also, I think you should run SpDef Heatran since you seem to lack some true defensively oriented Pokemon.

Definitely go for Stealth Rock over Earth Power on Heatran; any HO team needs hazards somewhere, and that is a good place for them. Also, consider replacing Giga Drain on Gengar with Destiny Bond since it is so frail and screams "OHKO me with Crunch, Thunder, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, etc."

joshe

the best
Also, something i forgot: specially defensive heatran might be better over your current set to tank draco meteors well. currently, latios specs draco does abotu 50% to every pokemon atleast and that isn't too good haha. just use 248 hp / 252 SDef / 8 spd with a Calm nature and stealth rock / lava plume (or flamethrower) / earth power / hidden power [ice] or Roar. you shouldn't lose too much from taking out of special attack and speed aside from losing to breloom who just runs mach punch anyway. gl!

Nice Theory

I actually recommend Rock Slide > Zen Headbutt on your Kyurem-B. I've used that set with that difference, and have found that Rock Slide can be used as a good move that won't lock you in with coverage, hits Ice-types and Volcarona, and is able to hit potential Dark switch-ins, such as Tyranitar.

Other than that, I don't see many gaping holes in your team or it's coverage. Impressive, save for the potential problem Stealth Rocks if Breloom can't Spore them.
He Easily Took out my tyranitar with a switch out ._. so yea....

I prefer starmie because with lucario you already have a powerful fighting sword dancer. Moreover gengar has a grass move to take out rotom or gastrodon.
And starmie has three advantages ! You need a spinner for kyurem and thundurus. Starmie has a psychic move to take care of fighting pokemon and he has the only water move in your team.
But with starmie you have 5 ice move, that's why i approve the suggestion of electrolyte to put crunch on ice punch. Finally for the same reason i suggest you to keep volt switch and to put focus blast on HP ice.

I hope that my suggestions would help you and i'm sorry for the few english mistakes, i'm french ^^

I would definitely suggest Starmie over Breloom. Having Thundurus T and Kyurem lose 25% of their HP EVERY switch in means that you can only switch them in twice at most, and during the second switch in they will be at 50% HP and at that point you might as well leave them in until they faint, any Sweeper can OHKO with a neutral attack 50% and even more so if you switch in a 3rd time leaving them at 25%

Also you could try offensive Donphan, it can fulfill Starmies and Brelooms roles at the same time.

Donphan@Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV: 252 Attack/ 240 HP / 8 Speed (out speed other Donphans) / 4 Def
1. Rapid Spin
2. Earthquake
3. Ice Shard
4. Seed Bomb

With this, Donphan can maintain the Rapid Spin of Starmie, while having a +1 priority ( with Ice Shard)like Breloom does and have a Grass attack (by using Seed Bomb) like Breloom

That is a very creative suggestion! My only worry is still no switch in on keldeo. I created the starmie set so it has a guaranteed switch in and KO of keldeo. Anyone know any more keldeo switch ins? (jellicent i guess)

Jellicent, Celebi, Tentacruel come to mind when thinking about Keldeo switch ins. Tough Jellicent and Tentacruel dont really threaten it out immediately.

EDIT: I would suggest a Celebi set with baton pass, so you could bait a pursuit and get a justified boost on lucario :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)