Status
Not open for further replies.
ROUND 1 COMMENCED, CHANGE THREAD,
POST IF YOU WANT TO BE A SUB

***approved by Jimbo
***hosted by Lunar Flare

What is it?

Team doubles
is a new tournament concept. It involves bringing only two pokemon from the designated tier, (OU in this case), into a DOUBLE BATTLE. As simple as this concept sounds, the battling style will be majorly different from that of today's 6v6 single battle metagame. It will require you to come up with something creative, unique, and of course effective.

Clarification
The round one thread will show you who you are facing. You will begin a double battle with only two pokemon on each side. I repeat, you may only bring two pokemon into battle. Once that match is over, you may change your team of 2 and prepare for the next match. Rounds are best of three matches. In other words, once someone has won twice, they win the round.

Tell me more :O! (Rules)
READ ALL BEFORE ENTERING
ALL BATTLES ARE 2v2

Tournament Joining Sticky

- First 20 automatic IN, last 12 hand picked
- Anyone who missed the cut may be a sub, with a max of 6
- 32 entrants,
- Random Pairings
- Sign-ups open until 32 spots are filled, With a limit of 1 week
- Be warned, any conflict will go down to battle video, so it is recommended that you make one
- Post "FRIEND CODE" and the word "IN" when you enter
- You have one week to complete your matches, must be confirmed by both entrants or a battle video

- No hacked pokemon
- 2v2 Battles, Best Of Three
- Sleep Clause
- Freeze Clause
- Evasion Clause
- OHKO Clause
- Item Clause
- 2 Different Pokemon
- No Ubers
- Matches are best of 3
- Team Changes are Acceptable in-between matches
- No Banned Movesets (unless it conflicts with any of the above rules)
- FLAT BATTLE (reduced to level 50) Unless both players want open

- Any entrant found breaking the fore-mentioned rules will be disqualified at my discretion

What can I win o.O ?

- A Pokemon from a Selection of Shinies with Good IV's (list coming soon)

- Send me a non-uber pokemon request with a full moveset, nature, and evs, and I will personally raise it for you

- PKTOPIA Electivire, Magmortar, or Surfing Pikachu

All rewards carry POKERUS
1st gets 1st choice
2nd gets 2nd choice
3rd gets 3rd choice

Anything Else ?

Feel free to post or pm to ask about anything you are unclear of. Round 1 will begin within a day after 64 entrants are found, with a latest date to begin set at Saturday April 16th.

Sign-Ups
1. LinIsKorean
2. drcossack
3. coolking49
4. Dalevl
5. TDS
6. Supe
7. Sixonesix
8. Alaka
9. Serendipity
10. Mighty Metagross
11. mac098
12. The Lost One
13. badalcristiano
14. UltraSkydive
15. Tyler422
16. King Emerald
17. Trufflehunter25
18. Brown
19. Cloud9.
20. locopoke
21. Marowak105
22. shutt up
23. San Pellegrino
24. Age of Kings
25. Golden Empoleon
26. KenW
27. Luiie
28. Yoshi.
29. Pokerob
30. Seafunks
31. llcfromhell
32. Lunar Flare

Subs

1. Weekesy
2. Jubilee

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
In, FC in sig.

oh yes, are Garchomp and Wobb allowed? Since this IS doubles, they're nowhere near as broken. Also, how are you going to handle sleep clause? Both asleep at once, or just one?

In, FC in sig.

oh yes, are Garchomp and Wobb allowed? Since this IS doubles, they're nowhere near as broken. Also, how are you going to handle sleep clause? Both asleep at once, or just one?
It is against the rules to double sleep. Single is fine.

Wobb and Garchomp are banned.

1076 3349 4358 IN.

To clarify, we only have a team of 2 Pokemon right? So the matches are pretty quick.

And also, can I assume that we can use pokemon below OU?

1076 3349 4358 IN.

To clarify, we only have a team of 2 Pokemon right? So the matches are pretty quick.

And also, can I assume that we can use pokemon below OU?
Yes, matches are all 2v2, best of 3, team changes permittable, only Ubers are banned, so yes you can use BL, UU, NU, NFE.

in, in sig

Can you clarify?

doubles with only 2 pokemon or 6 pokemon
Doubles with ONLY 2 pokemon. But you play best of three. And you can change your team in between those. For example;

You use magikarp and ttar vs jumpluff and magnezone.

2 v 2, fast match, no switches.

Record winner, then you can change your team entirely and have another match, until someone has 2 wins, then it is over.

so is it 2 of your pokemon and 2 of you partner's or is it 1 of yours and your partner's pokemon?
You have no partner, it's not multi-battle, it's double battle. 2 of yours only, vs 20 of your opponent's. Each round is best of three matches. You can change your team between matches and rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)