Other OU Team Study Week 10 (Stathakis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
evs on aboma make it so that it lives diancie's diamond storm at full and general bulk, max sp atk for blizzard to do dmg and rest thrown into atk. conk speedcreeps dragalgae that creep hippo, fairy lure and general tank mon. spdef zapdos is so that i can take on thundurus and landorus with ease while providing satisfactory offensive utility. slowbro's evs are customized so that it can live a modest zardys solarbeam at full(which can be played around with trick room and abomas hail), diancie's moonblast, gross's gknot, etc. dual stabs cuz standard and trick room supports the rest of my team and can flip the tables against offensive teams. heatran's evs are customized so that it lives gross's hammer arm, zardy and gards focus blast primarily, i dont feel the need to run max speed since i have other ways to handle opposing offensive tran and heracross isn't that relevant nowadays. kyurem is the revenger outside of tr and is my main way of staying toe to toe with the opposition. ice spam is very potent in this meta seeing as a majority of teams don't have really good switchins, or none at all. the main weakness to the team is by far cm users. i straight up lose to cm reuni, but clef and suicune are somewhat manageable. the threats geemick mentioned aren't that concerning since slowbro can check latios with a sp def spread, zapdos walls scizor, fish for status and pressure sab with bro/conk and hp ground volcarona shouldn't be given free switches, or at least try to maintain rocks up but just maintain trans balloon if that's the case, conk can take a hit and kyurem can revenge it after +1. team is pretty difficult to use regardless but it's moreso a fun team then a serious one. Shadow_Sneak , i would appreciate if you moved on to a different team than the one aim provided you seeing as fail hail isn't particularly a playstyle that most players would really acknowledge and come to appreciate :( .

evs on aboma make it so that it lives diancie's diamond storm at full and general bulk, max sp atk for blizzard to do dmg and rest thrown into atk. conk speedcreeps dragalgae that creep hippo, fairy lure and general tank mon. spdef zapdos is so that i can take on thundurus and landorus with ease while providing satisfactory offensive utility. slowbro's evs are customized so that it can live a modest zardys solarbeam at full(which can be played around with trick room and abomas hail), diancie's moonblast, gross's gknot, etc. dual stabs cuz standard and trick room supports the rest of my team and can flip the tables against offensive teams. heatran's evs are customized so that it lives gross's hammer arm, zardy and gards focus blast primarily, i dont feel the need to run max speed since i have other ways to handle opposing offensive tran and heracross isn't that relevant nowadays. kyurem is the revenger outside of tr and is my main way of staying toe to toe with the opposition. ice spam is very potent in this meta seeing as a majority of teams don't have really good switchins, or none at all. the main weakness to the team is by far cm users. i straight up lose to cm reuni, but clef and suicune are somewhat manageable. the threats geemick mentioned aren't that concerning since slowbro can check latios with a sp def spread, zapdos walls scizor, fish for status and pressure sab with bro/conk and hp ground volcarona shouldn't be given free switches, or at least try to maintain rocks up but just maintain trans balloon if that's the case, conk can take a hit and kyurem can revenge it after +1. team is pretty difficult to use regardless but it's moreso a fun team then a serious one. Shadow_Sneak , i would appreciate if you moved on to a different team than the one aim provided you seeing as fail hail isn't particularly a playstyle that most players would really acknowledge and come to appreciate :( .
yeah tbh it was pretty hard to find threats that could straight up run through unlike the previous teams but i didn't consider reuni which is pretty anti-meta atm.

So ben gay wants me to showcase this team that he thinks represents how ORAS semistall is like.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Whirlwind

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 240 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 232 HP / 208 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Reflect Type
- Stored Power

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that Ben Gay had when building this team?
  • Is there a discernible core that he tried to build around?
  • What are the strong points of the team?
  • What are the weak spots?
  • How could his use of certain EV/moveset twists help his team vs specific threats or archetypes?
  • How does he use some underrated threats to give his team an advantage?
  • Do you think this team could shine in the ORAS Metagame?

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that Ben Gay had when building this team?
It looks like he built around an unorthodox Pokemon that offers a surprising amount of defensive utility - Cofagrigus. Cofagrigus deals with a lot of the physical megas that rely on their abilities for damage, (after attacking cofag once, metagross, lopunny, pinsir, dd altaria, etc are completely walled) and it spinblocks and has tspikes which are all very useful qualities for a stall team. The team looks like it is based on spreading status and wearing the opponent down with hazards and residual damage, and cleaning late game with CM mega latias, who blanket checks a lot of special attackers the rest of the team is weak to.

Not sure, maybe Cofag / Chesnaught / Heatran to stack hazards while keeping good defensive synergy, with the rest of his team patching up weaknesses of the other members. Latias handles quite a few special wallbreakers (Keldeo, Zard Y, and Landorus-I) and with reflect type it doesn't fare badly against the Pursuit trappers they are commonly paired with, which is essential on this team. SDef Hippo checks electrics, Volcarona, Diancie, and Gengar (which would be a massive threat otherwise), and finally unaware Clefable handles Manaphy and some other random boosters that could potentially overwhelm the rest of this team, while spreading more status and crippling faster mons that like to switch into or stay in on unaware Clefable (for example, stallbreaker Tflame and Gengar).

It matches up very well against most of the offensive metagame and seems very hard to break without having specific dedicated stallbreakers. Most of the things that commonly trouble teams like this (Lando-I, Manaphy, Metagross etc etc) are handled easily by this team. The team also uses two mons that blanket check a LOT of threats on both sides of the defensive spectrum (Mega Latias and Cofagrigus) and I think that they fit perfectly on this team.

It's hard to discern any huge weaknesses in the team that aren't inherent to most stall teams in general. The biggest threats to the team seem to be Mega Gardevoir and Life Orb Kyurem, as they can threaten to OHKO or 2HKO every Pokemon on this team and you'd have to keep tspikes down or paralyze them with Clefable to have a chance. Certain Zard X and Talonflame sets seem like they could potentially be annoying since Hippo is specially defensive and you have no real way of beating stallbreaker tflame if it gets burned, but you might be able to play around that. Goth is a HUGE annoyance to this team, but there's not much that can really be done about that. Both SD and stallbreaker Gliscor look like they could be pretty annoying since you don't have ice beam on Clefable. Having no way to remove hazards on your side of the field can maybe hurt in some matchups too, since 5/6 mons are vulnerable to spikes + tspikes. You do have a very reliable spinblocker though, so winning the hazard war against some of these teams is feasible.

• How could his use of certain EV/moveset twists help his team vs specific threats or archetypes?
Well, Thunder Wave on unaware Clefable is pretty unexpected and probably works in your favor a lot of the time, since they are usually wish+protect or calm mind. Having another way to spread status and impede faster threats that like to switch in and beat Clefable regularly is obviously much appreciated on this kind of team. Running no rocks on Hippo has some surprise value as well, since at team preview that looks like it's your rocker and people may assume you don't have WW or Edge, and assume you are a scarfed or stallbreaker Heatran. I know the Latias's spread is for Garchomp, and certain Garchomp sets could certainly annoy this team and stop Latias from sweeping so that makes sense. The rest of the spreads look pretty straightforward, but I can't for the life of me figure out what the Chesnaught spread does.

Cofagrigus seems to be the main one, this set seems very hard for most offensive teams to break and most offensive teams tend to hate t-spikes too, so by default you have a pretty great matchup there. It also gives you a spinblocker with a lot of longevity, which is cool as a lot of teams are opting to use spin over defog nowadays. I've already talked about some of the surprise factor in the previous sections so I don't want to repeat myself anymore than I already have :x

Absolutely, it has a lot of good matchups and seems like a lot of fun to play. Thanks for sharing it! Sorry if I overlooked anything major ._.

Last edited:
Welcome to week 5, thanks to CTC for the team.

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 232 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Earthquake
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Wobbuffet (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpD / 224 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tickle
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that CTC had when building this team?

Alright I'll do this one.
  • What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that CTC had when building this team?
ok first off i started with a double trap core of ttar and wobb to fck ovr mons like mane, charizard x nd y, lando-i,,, basically the op shit the core can also cripple stall and fat teams. lando-i is fckin op so wobb can just tickle it into submissin so torn or leafeon can revenge kill. 92 spe evs on ttar to outspeed some nuetral base 50 spe mons especially 164 spe cb azu so ttar can ko it b4 it can ko ttar with aqua jet. did i mention the impenetrable double ass vest core of tornT and lefeon. added some xtra spdef with tran cause u can nvr have enuff spdef plus it has rocks so,,, mega lop is super fast and op so it was added last to clean up shit.
most of these first drafts r gonna be flawed. every time i use a team i find things to edit, so if u guys have been testin shit then lmk what can be fixed! now onto some sick edits low kick weavile is a fckn menace god forbid if lop is weakened. dont fckn trap anythin with ttar if u see a azu or else everythin dies (unless u use stone edge). keep tran healthy af if u see scizor cause only healthy tran and full tornT can stop that shit. make sure u tickle lando-i to death and if it has rock slide hit the red x.
idk mayb use a fckin air baloon offensive tran to stop scizor
double ass vest core + double trap w cb ttar nd ticckle wob is just magnificent shit that only the don himself can build
yea jus pass this to my niggas littlelucario and lord ninjax and watch dem kill them 45 gxe niggas

meant no disrespect by this ctc n_n

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
edit: sludge bomb on tang over eq for alt which alongside weav is a huge threat. fast wob is to get rid of clef bro hippo skarm and all of the sort via tickle suit. suit at -6 kills even hippo and clef on switch, so after fat shit die bunny goes 2 wurk (suit also deals w talon while wob handles scrfers). tbh the mega could be a sturdier one like mega zor or somethin which patches up alt and weav but thatd take the fun out of a fun team. feel free 2 "kill em 45 gxe niggas" but this shit is meant to toss tour playin ass niggas assuming u can play well enuf ecks dee but then again who am i kiddin this is the ou sub forum after all

meant no disrespect by this ou subforum en underscore en

I'll add in more to this response later, but custap berry is generally better on Wobbufet for the fast destiny bond before you die.
The Don set is true innovation, featuring Tickle, Encore, Mirror Coat and Counter, hence it doesn't need the Custap, as it benefits more from the passive recovery Leftovers provides. Who needs Destiny Bond when you have Tickle?

Thank you WhiteQueen for your team for this week. Also just a not that this thread has lasted twice as long as the BW one.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that WhiteQueen had when building this team?

Chansey on Balance is pretty meh tbh.

What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that WhiteQueen had when building this team?

I think WQ wanted to stack hazards with Chansey and Klefki, he has a spinblocker in the form of Gengar while ScarfBisharp cleans up after comin in on a defog. Keldeo is there to break balance while M-Venusaur is there as a grass and fighting resist.

Is there a discernible core that he tried to build around?

Hmm, maybe he chose SubCM Keldeo+Gengar to break balance. Don't really see a core here.

What are the strong points of the team?

I think having a reliable check to the likes of Thundurus, Landorus-I, CharY and Gengar(mons that are really great against balance) in Chansey is something that allows him to play more freely with his other pokemon. Also, his team performs really well against balanced ones.

What are the weak spots?

Landorus-I, the ones with Knock especially, overrun his team rather easily. Talonflame is a big threat too, once it gets up an SD and Chansey isnt at full health, it's pretty much good game. I also see him being overrun by HO Teams and I see him struggling against the more defensive minded teams that rely on hazard stacking. M-Sableye can be tough to deal with and M-Lopunny cleans his whole team bar M-Venusaur. I also don't like the lack of momentum on his team that Chansey causes.

How could his use of certain EV/moveset twists help his team vs specific threats or archetype?

I think they're pretty well tweaked.

How does he use some underrated threats to give his team an advantage?

I think Scarf Bisharp catches a lot of people off guard. No mons other than Bisharp are underrated threats.

Do you think this team could shine in the ORAS Metagame?

He's reached the OST Finals with this, bad question ahaha. He deals with pretty much eveything in ORAS so that's a yes

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Alright, I'll try this out.

What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that WhiteQueen had when building this team?
  • It really seems like this team's goal is to ultimately abuse passive damage with hazards and status. Doubling up with SR on Chansey and Spikes on Klefki as well as both having TWave, it looks like White Queen ultimately is looking to make things harder on a turn by turn basis. Another way this team really seems to abuse passive damage via status is by using Hex Gengar. Nearly every member of this team (sans Bisharp) run a move that will inflict some sort of status on the defending Mon.
Is there a discernible core that he tried to build around?
  • For the sake of supporting my argument from the last bullet, I'll say no here. Obviously there are mons that work semi well together like Keldeo and Bisharp or Mega Venusaur and Klefki, but there isn't a specific core that was built for the team. It's "core" is more built around the idea of, again, status and hazards.
What are the strong points of the team?
  • Definitely being able to check many of the most powerful special attackers in this meta with Chansey. In addition, Scarf Bisharp may catch some players off guard and can easily spam Knock Off with lots of speed and power. In addition, the team allows diversity of playing as, just by looking at it, has layers of unpredictability and variety which can be used to WhiteQueen' advantage.
What are the weak spots?
  • Landorus-I with Knock Off rips this team a new one, and Mega Zam can leave quite a few dents too. OVerall there are few weaknesses, but they're pretty glaring ones.
How could his use of certain EV/moveset twists help his team vs specific threats or archetypes?
  • It's good. TBH I'm not the best with EVs

How does he use some underrated threats to give his team an advantage?
  • Scarf Bisharp and Offensive Mega Venusaur are great "lures" in a snese where they're able to catch their opponents off guard and really make them pay for their errors. HexGar is a peronal favorite of mine and it too is really good at doing what it does and people may not anticipate it upon first glance.

Do you think this team could shine in the ORAS Metagame?
  • Why don't you ask Style?

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Magnet Rise

Bisharp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that WhiteQueen had when building this team?
Hex Gengar was really nice a couple of weeks ago when a lot of people were using gliscor to deal with it. Overall, spreading status then dropping strong Hexs from Gengar seem to be the approximate strategy.
WispGar to ease prediction against pursuiters (scarftar switchins mainly) is supported by Keldeo which beats most darks in the tier. Keldeo itself is supported by Bisharp for standard pursuit trapping, and Venusaur is the amazing glue it always is, countering Azumarill and Thundurus (most) mainly. The ability to spread Thunder Waves helps against Offensive teams.
Spikes alleviating the momentum losses caused by the switching of a mon as passive as Chansey. A balance team that does very well against Manaphy and CB Azumarill is a very impressive feat to me.
As for threats that this team can do very little against, CM MegaBro and Knock Off + Focus Blast Landorus appear to be the main ones. Tornadus-T, all the Talonflame variants and just hyper offensive teams in general seem to cause quite a bit of problems to that build.
The absence of hazard removal and the ease which pokemon like SDef Skarmory stack spikes with (against Klefki, Venusaur, Bisharp and Chansey) makes me question the effectiveness of this team in the current ORAS metagame, as this is one of the most common strategies right now. I'd suggest running toxic Kleki to deal with Megabro (but then chomper is even more of a problem, given how much both RH and Lum SD variants already are this might not be best). Some defense on Venusaur could help with Lopunny/Bisharp/Exca/Lando-T.
Magnet Rise Klefki, although pretty well-known by now, eases the team's time against ground-type switchins. ScarfBish is pretty nice to catch Thundurus and the likes as well as reducing the 50-50s with Lati@s a bit (especially if they are carrying HP Fire).
HexGar is nice to help it fare better against sand builds while maintaining reliable recovery, and Scarf Bisharp is neat as already stated.
  • Do you think the team could shine in the ORAS Metagame?
In most instances, definitely. However I'm worried about the matchup against Skarmory + RH Chomp hazardstack teams.

Pretty interesting team this week Shadow_Sneak

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I'm at work right now, so I can't give a detailed response. But some of those answers are spot on. I build this team around Hex Gengar and for it to work, inflicting status on your opponent's Pokemon is mandatory. Klefki is a natural fit, as it easily paralyzes stuff with its Mexican ability. Having access to Spikes as well is a bonus. Chansey glues my team together with its ability to absorb tons of hits and putting down Stealth Rock. Even a Specs Secret Sword from Keldeo fails to OHKO it.

Both Landoruses are annoying to play against, that I agree. Talonflame, not so much. It just kills itself attacking Chansey due to the recoil damage, as fuccboi CTC said. That's why I put 248 EVs in HP and not Sp. Def. With a scarf, Bisharp is faster than Talonflame, so that helps too.

I'm also not really concerned about opposing hazard-stacking teams, unless they have a Mega-Sableye as well. Starmie gets raped by my Bisharp, so it's a non-issue. Otherwise, I'll be just as capable of putting down as many hazards as the opposing team does, and they can only get rid of my hazards thru Defog, which in turn also removes their hazards. I also have a ScarfBishop to take advantage of the Defog to abuse its fast and powerful Knock Off. It's still a good situation for me.

Last edited:
The team is solidish,just don't like how reliant it is on TWave Klefki to stop a ZardX sweep N_N. Also looks like balance with a strategically placed Chansey to lose momentum. Bird spam just slices through this team like hot butter,like CTC said LOL. Maybe add a Tyranitar/Scarf Lando-T/Rhyperior over Chansey? Just some thoughts the Gengar is p funky :), and the Scarf Bisharp is sure to surprise time and time again N_N,protip:use Foul Play Scarf Sharp to help patch up the bird spam weak, the fact that you have Scarf Sucker Punch Bisharp is kind of surprising!

EDIT:
>MAlt weak
>has MVenu
>smh soz fren

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Against Char-X, you definitely need to be careful regardless of what team you're using. If my opponent has one, then it's only smart to play cautiously with Klefki. But every variants of Mega-Altaria is hard checked by my team, so not sure what you're getting at.

Special Altaria is walled by Chansey.

Mono-attack DD Altaria (with Cotton Guard one with Heal Bell) gets trolled by Venusaur and Klefki. Gengar can deal with it too if Altaria doesn't have a +2 or something.

Two attacks Altaria gets shut down by Thunder Wave and is easily killed or revenge-killed.

Update: I will be posting two teams per week due to me having a inactivity soon most likely. I will post teams on Sunday's and on late wednesday-thursday.

You can still take about WQ's team but for now the primary focus will be shifting to BKC 's team

modulistic terror (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD /72 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

sadistic feast (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 152 HP / 204 SpA / 12 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

only way to exit (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 4 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

piece by piece (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off

bones and blood (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

flash of red (Talonflame) (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics

you get brownie points if you get all of the refrences.

BKC 's team

modulistic terror (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD /72 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

sadistic feast (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 152 HP / 204 SpA / 12 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

only way to exit (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 12 SpA / 4 SpD / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

piece by piece (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Knock Off

bones and blood (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

flash of red (Talonflame) (M)
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that BKC had when building this team?
Having a bulky balance team that does well against opposing balance teams with wincons that have reliable recovery and a solid defensive backbone.
Gliscor + Venusaur to wall some dangerous threats to balanced teams (Manaphy, non- HP Ice Landorus, non- Icy Wind Gengar)
Having actually zero way to beat a Mega Charizard-X, or any opposing Talonflames. Metagross seems hugely threatening as nothing checks it properly in the team. In general stacking grass types, both which would normally be parts of a separated defensive core, seems like a terrible idea, especially when BKC's team is one of the most standard balance ORAS teams with, for some reason, Venusaur over Altaria and Talonflame over Heatran (structure which people realized to be too Metagross weak along some other things so they pretty much stopped using it). Sand is pretty annoying to face, a well played Excadrill definitely punches holes.
  • What are the strong points?
Good stallbreaking potential. If BKC made this for a tour game, he obviously expected to face something like fire type-less (semi)stall, to me at least. Being better off against CB Azumarill than the standard balance team looks like a good point. Also Diancie doesn't pressure this as much as the aforementioned structure with Venusaur to counter it.
Jolly Ice Fang Gliscor helps him with non-LO Bisharp and Lando-I I guess ? Knock Off Clefable helps neuter Gengar.
Not much underrated.
Only against teams with no fire-types, looks like an overly matchup dependent squad overall to me.

Thanks to KratosMana for the team.

CloseTheDoor (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 36 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Highschool (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 60 SpA / 88 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Feelings (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

TheDreams (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Greed (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

ThinkingAboutU (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Tail Glow

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that Kratosmana had when building this team?

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that Kratosmana had when building this team?
The main goal is wearing down the opponents team with hazards till its weak enough for Clefable/Manaphy to sweep, or just break down more defensive teams with manaphy and tornadus, so clefable can clean up the remaining mons.
Dont reallly see much of a core, I think he just chose Clefable+Manaphy to really pressure defensive teams.
Having a really good matchup against other more bulky teams, using the setup mons to break down passive walls, this should work especially v stall
Mega Venusaur could really annoy the team, as nothing can really touch it except for torn, which doesnt like getting poisoned by sludgebomb, especially since it walls the 2 main wincons. Charizard X is also a really big problem as it ohkoes every mon with one dragon dance up, if they took a little prior damage. Same with Charizard y, which can 2 hit KO every mon on the team, and is only outsped by manaphy and torn, which cant really deal big damage to it. The team is overall pretty passive which can make it pretty hard to face opposing balance, with good hazard removal and ways to deal with manaphy.
I think Torn-T has max hp to take hits from M Venu and Zard Y better, and ofc Landorus. Hippo is likely sdef to take on electric types, so it can prevent them from voltswitching and get up rocks, to really limit voltturn. Clefable runs Thunderbolt to catch Charizard Y off guard, and also to hit stuff like Skarmory, Mega Slowbro, and Sdef Talonflame. Other than that the spreads are pretty standart.
Nothing really underrated.
The team is probably made for a specific game, seeing as how well prepared it is for more bulky, stallish teams, even though it can still deal with Offense and Balance to an extent.

Sry for the hiatus but we're back, thanks to TheEnder for the team
Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 112 HP / 136 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Hex
- Substitute

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 232 HP / 124 Atk / 128 SpD / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Taunt
- Iron Head

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 168 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Thunder Wave

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 4 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 232 HP / 88 Def / 188 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

• What do think was the main/inspiring idea/goal that TheEnder had when building this team?

The team itself looks like an adaptation of semi-stall to be honest,and runs Gengar as the stall breaker(and KIND of spin blocker). It looks like he tried to check the fairies that normally break through balance like MDiancie/MVoir by running solid checks such as specially defensive Skarmory. I also see that he has prepared for both Charizard's Mega formes,in one slot by using Tyranitar with a chople berry. For most non stall breaker Talonflame running teams CharizardY,effectively gets a free kill everytime it comes in,and even against most balance Jolly CharizardX needs no more than 1 Dragon Dance setup to break through most teams,so I like that particular bit of role compression,especially seeing as how Impish Tyranitar takes only around 70% even from +1 Adamant ZardX Earthquake,letting you check it and/or force it out multiple times throughout the match,it even traps Latis allowing them to get no more than 1 defog if played properlt due to having Pursuit. Starmie is here as the obligatory hazard removal for a spikes/sr orientated team,and also plays the important role of checking Keldeo,the ZardX set used here is a throwback to late XY when most stall teams ran either of ZardX/MVenu to check specific threats(ZardX is also a v nice ZardY counter :D).

The team however has its flaws. It has a terrible match up versus stall breaker Talonflame,with Taunt/WoW or Taunt/Bulk Up or even Bulk Up/WoW all putting in work against the team. One easy tweak to change this would be to possibly run Dragon Tail ZardX so that ZardX could come in on it multiple times per match. Rain teams also paradoxically absolutely destroy this take on semi-stall. An easy tweak to fix it would be Celebi>Conkeldurr which would effectively hard check almost all rain teams offensive paths except for Tornadus-T with LO which is effectively handled by specially defensive Skarmory(although this would open up a slightly bigger Bisharp weakness). Celebi would also give this team a way to easily remove status(with heal bell) and if tech'ed with Energy Ball and some special attack EV's can easily come in on BD Azumarril and OHKO it from ~75%. And if you're feeling frisky NP/Energy Ball/Earth Power/Recover@Colbur berry,can lure in Bisharp/Heatran(although having Impish ZardX Bisharp isn't even that much of a problem). Manaphy is also a huge thorn in this teams side,but I don't know how to fix that...unless you want to be even more innovative and drop Conkeldurr for something like Chople Ferro(secondary keldeo check+MVoir check),which would let you change Skarmory to something like Zapdos or Rotom-W(a MUCH more solid MPinsir check especially seeing how your Skarmory does 0 to it other than come in and die after two turns) OR run Brave Bird/Counter>Taunt on Skarmory to at least give yourself a chance versus MPinsir.

I think for the most part yeah it definitely could shine. Hope you enjoyed the rate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)