1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

OU Team Style Tournament #1: Dragon Spam [Won by Finchinator]

Discussion in 'BW OU' started by Nova, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Finchinator

Finchinator

Just a few responses to what people have said, regarding my team:
    The Garchomp was a replacement to Deo-D.
    Since I cannot taunt Ferrothorn, Skarmory, and a few others, Fire Blast seemed to be a good forth move. Initially, I had Stone Edge. However, specifically in a Dragon-Spam only environment, Stone Edge didn't have as much use as Fire Blast which effectively cripples steel types.
    Then, Haban Berry was also a controversial topic. The reason I used this was, I figured other Garchomps would be leading and I know I can tank a non-LO/CB Garchomps attack, with Haban, while they wouldn't take my attack. Sadly, I was incorrect, with this assumption, nobody else lead Garchomp. (Rocks are important for Multiscale, Salamence, and enabling me to get OHKOs and 2HKOs.) After rethinking it, I could've dumped a bunch of EVs into bulk, so I can live weaker (non-specs Latios, which requires max HP and a lot of SpDef) Draco Meteors and other dragon attacks (like Scarf Mence's non-moxie boosted attacks and Latiases Dragon Pulse) this would've probably been the right thing to do.

Anyway, yes, this is pretty much standard drag mag, with LO Double Dance Terrak.
    Overall, the Synergetic Hyper Offensive paced play really works well, in OU.
    Terrakion is just the icing on the cake, which is awful sweet!
    Scarf Latios is a personal favorite but, Scarf Terrakion is viable, too. (As is LO Latios/as.)
    With no more RP Genesect running around, this play style can be effective, in oU, IMO.
    Just my two cents on everything.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)