OU Team

Scizor(Physical Sweep)(Slot: 6)
Moves: Bullet Punch, Aerial Ace, Bug Bite, Superpower
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 6 Special Defense
Ability: Technician
Item: Choice Band
Quick Glance: Aerail Ace is a Physical, Flying Aura Sphere with Techinician, and has 135 Base Power with Choice Band. I don't invest in Speed EVs, becuase, honestly, what is he going to outspeed without a Jolly nature? Bug Bite, 135 + STAB =202.5, same power as
Self Destruct, and I troll you and take your berry. Bullet Punch gets to 135 and is Priority +1, Super Power for Heatran. Rain lowers fire-type moves' super-effectiveness from 4x to 2x.

Raikou(Special Sweep)(Slot: 4)
Moves: Thunder, Calm Mind, Shadow Ball, HP (Water)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Pressure
Item: Air Balloon
Quick Glance: Used to have the Choice Scarf, but Air Balloon allows switching into Ground-Type attacks, then Volt-Switching out. Get's Psychics and Ghosts with Shadow Ball, Thunder is his main attack move, gets STAB, HP gets Rain boost and is for Rock, Fire, and Grounds. He's basically a sweeper, without boosts or Choice Stuff andLife Orb.

Politoed(Drizzle)(Slot: 1)
Moves: Rest, Encore, Scald, Toxic
EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defense, 56 Special Defense
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Chesto Berry
Quick Glance: He wants to survive as long as possible. This set was really great for Miltolic, and the Chesto Berry really helps.
Rest can be used once and wake up instantly, Toxic is for poisoning those who resist Scald, Encore is to force switch-outs.

Starmie(Rapid Spinner)(Slot: 4)
Moves: Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Ice Beam, Recover
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Life Orb
Quick Glace: Hydro Pumpgets a 1.5x boost with the Rain, and STAB. Rapid Spin, entry hazards. Ice Beam for Dragons and Grass. Recover covers(Yes, that WAS a pun) Life Orb. He is mainly on the team because he uses Rapid Spin offensivly. And because he covers some of the team's weakness as well.

Zoroark(Special Sweeper)(Slot: 5)
Moves: Dark Pulse, Focus Blast, U-Turn, HP (Ground 70)
EVs: 6 Attack, 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Naive
Item: Choice Scarf
Quick Glane: I love this little bugger. HP for Toxicroak and others, U-Turn for scouting, and Focus Blast for Tyranitar. Illusion goes with Scizor, as Fire types are weakened by the Rain, and he'll only recieve half-damage.

Bronzong(Wall)(Slot: 3)
Moves: Gyro Ball, Reflect, Stealth Rock, Earthquake
EVs: 104 HP ,152 Defense, 252 Special Defense
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Brave
Item: Leftovers
Quick Glance: Your basic Bronzor wall, just geared a bit more to the offensive. Stealh Rock for setup, Reflect allows him and others to resist most phsical hits, Gyro Ball takes advantage of his massively horrible speed , Earth Quake is for Fires, and Rain nulifies that weakness. He can stall pretty good, and hurts Heatran badly.
Be Brutally honest.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You can change the title by editing your original post under Advanced Settings. There, you can remove the DW tag.

This team really can't be rated unless you post moves, EVs, etc. and brief descriptions about what each Pokemon does on the team. All I can say thusfar is that Kabutops seems really out of place.

Oh my gosh, I hate this computer. Ok, I've accidentally posted thrice, and still haven't got my full team out. I'm sorry if I seem like I'm spamming, I really don't intend to, I'm working on my typing skills, and trying to remeber this isn't Microsoft office. Again, I'm sorry.

Arcticblast

is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I outlined what you need to do to improve the thread itself through VM, but you have enough at the moment that I can give a rate.

You seem to be on the right track, but some sets and Pokemon could use some work.
First and foremost, Scizor. Choice Band Scizor is incredibly dangerous, but your EV spread is a little bit odd. I suggest using an EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Attack / 8 Speed and using Pursuit over Aerial Ace, which allows you to catch Pokemon such as Reuniclus and Celebi as they switch out.

Next, Raikou. Generally, when using Raikou, your best bet is to use Calm Mind. I suggest changing Raikou's set to Calm Mind / Thunder / Hidden Power Water / Shadow Ball with Life Orb as its item. Calm Mind allows you to boost your stats and fire off powerful attacks. Thunder is for STAB, HP Water is for those pesky Ground-types who are immune to Thunder (and gets a Rain boost), and Shadow Ball is simply coverage.

I like the Politoed set. Interesting.

Kabutops isn't fast enough to really do anything. Sure, he can spin, but he's too slow to do anything else - or even to do it more than once before being KO'd. I suggest using Starmie over Kabutops. Starmie is not only the fastest Pokemon to learn Rapid Spin, but is frighteningly powerful under Rain. Most Ghost-type Pokemon can't switch in to block Rapid Spin without risking a Hydro Pump. Starmie also learns Recover, so it can not only switch in and spin several times but even use Life Orb and heal off the lost HP. With Natural Cure, it can even absorb status to a degree and cure itself just by switching out. I reccomend using Ice Beam as your fourth move, as you already have Raikou to utilize Electric moves.

On Zoroark, I suggest switching Choice Specs to Choice Scarf and Flamethrower for a Hidden Power of your choosing. Ground is probably best, as it takes out Toxicroak while not being deadweight against much more of OU. Focus Blast does more to Ferrothorn than Flamethrower in the Rain anyway (I think), and this way you can outspeed non-Scarfed Terrakion. Also, Dark Pulse over Night Daze. The accuracy of Night Daze, WILL let you down, and DP's flinch chance is helpful.

First of all, your Bronzong set has 708 EVs. Not sure how that worked out exactly. Anyway, I suggest you remove Trick Room, as it doesn't fit your team well at all and Bronzong doesn't have the raw power that Reuniclus has. Use Sassy over Brave and an EV spread of 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Technician
Adamant
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Bug Bite / U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Raikou @ Life Orb
Pressure
Timid
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Thunder
-HP Water
-Shadow Ball / Extrasensory

Starmie @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Hydro Pump / Surf
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Zoroark @ Choice Scarf
Illusion
Timid / Naive
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ground
-U-Turn

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Levitate
Sassy
252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball
-Toxic / Hidden Power Ice (note: HP Ice requires a 2 Speed IV as opposed to 0.
-Earthquake
Good luck!

Yea, but with Aerial Ace, I get Fighting and Grass type coverage. Not shooting down your ideas, just telling you why I choose mine.

HP Ice is for Ground and Dragon, as well as Grass, which much of my team(1/3) is vurnerable to.

Your ideas are being thoroughly considered. I just want you to hear the whole story. But thanks a lot for you ideas.

As I mention earlier, Scizor's Speed ain't got much runnin' fer it. What's two more in that stat gonna do fer it? And that extra in tha Special Defense has save my hide from gettin' tanned more than once. But the more HP seems more considerable than the Speed. Not shooting yer ideas down. Just saying why I like mine. Again, TY

Arcticblast

Finished the rate. Life Orb allows Raikou to hit harder, the Scizor set is the standard (Aerial Ace doesn't have much going for it. Trust me, I know.), and Raikou's moves are simply being modified for what's best in the metagame.

Why doesn't Aerial Ace? It hits your feared Celebi hard. I'm just curious.
And why would I put ANY EVs toward Speed? He's running Gyro Ball.
I didn't even think of the lowering of his Flamethrower. TY for that. HP Ground Sounds good

Arcticblast

SpD = Special Defense
Spe = Speed

Bug Bite not only gets STAB but it 4x super effective on Celebi, so Celebi is a moot point. Virizion can't do too much to Bronzing who can Gyro Ball it back. In other words, Aerial Ace has no benefit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)