Other OU Teambuilding Competition V4 - Round 14 (ORAS TEAMBUILDING) See post #156

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too would like to recommend the next core be mega metagross and hydreigon. Both cover each other so well and i've always been a fan of both mons.

Reactions: TLS
So I gave my friends permission to update the thread for me when I was out for the weekend, turns out he didn't do it because of reasons I will not make public, so anyway... I will give a week and a half for this core to make up for the lack of building time.

ROUND 14:

The ORAS Meta has seen a rise in the speed tiers and attacking power thanks to the introduction of the new megas and tutor moves. With Gallade and Greninja being such hot topics at the moment, I thought why not see what potential we can get from these mons with the right team around them.

For Round 14 I will only be accepting 3 teams to post, I will do this from now on as doing every team just puts people off wanting to rate. So make sure your team is good and those replays impress me!

Good luck to everyone, Round 14 ends Wednesday the 26th of November 11.59pm EST

WINNER(s) OF ROUND 13 is Team 3(VINC608) and Team 6 (ABR). Battle to decide the winner me thinks!

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Agreeing with battle tiebreaker with replay verification.

Cores going to need a birdspam check. Talonflame, Scarf Staraptor, and +2 Pinsir with prior damage on Gallade+Greninja can threaten the core. As with any team now a days an answer to Greninja, especially if one plans on using an HP Fire Greninja variant. In general an answer to both offensive and defensive water types can help ease pressure for the core so partners such as Thundurus, Ferrothorn, and Subpass Celebi can be considered, among a handful of more. If building more for balanced or bulky offense reliable hazard removal is necessary so hazard stacking doesn't become an issue. Offensive builds will appreciate users of priority such as Mamoswine and Dragonite to mitigate its issue against Scarf users and set up sweepers. Answer to M-Bro and M-Sableye should be there as well. Things to think about so that's all for now.

So uh are we building for mence or what considering there is a pretty good chance it might be quickbanned by the time voting starts. just curious, as im new here.

So uh are we building for mence or what considering there is a pretty good chance it might be quickbanned by the time voting starts. just curious, as im new here.
I hope so since I already sent my team and it would need a few tweaks. It would still get better with mence gone though.

currently it's not, so we are building for mence. I do hope it's banned as quick as possible though ngl!

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I mean we can still talk about the core, which it want to say a few things on:

While I like the general idea, I found this "core" to be extremely ineffective. It left me extremely fairy weak, and almost forced a Hyper Offense build from the get-go, which is something I really hate building. Anyways, three two mons are very good, don't get me wrong, but starting off with these two for a team just felt extremely limiting in how the other 4 slots would be filled.

I won't be entering this round, as this core of mons frustrated me, so I'm definitely interested in seeing how other approached this, and if possible, receive some tips for building in general :$

Fairies do check Ninja but I wouldn't call it fairy weak since gunk shot release. I didn't go hyper offense but offense (cannot be called bulky when you have that core) but I think it kind of forces very common mons unless you use Zapdos.
What you need:
-A secondary M-mence check that will act as flying spam check (or as many as you want actually).
-A M-Sableye answer.
-A way to deal with Thundurus (revenges gallade at up to 70%, can cripple ninja)
-Other things I deem necessary but I don't want you to end up with the same team or indirectly point at my team.

On the other hand it would be interesting to build around some kind of stall breaker/bulky M-Gallade (maybe dual stab taunt+wow à la M-Garde) and spikes Ninja. This could lead to the bulky offense/semi-stall route by adding a defensive core. If someone manages to make it work, I'll gladly vote for it but now that I have seen Ben Gay's team archive, I know nothing's impossible

Well I mean we can still talk about the core, which it want to say a few things on:

While I like the general idea, I found this "core" to be extremely ineffective. It left me extremely fairy weak, and almost forced a Hyper Offense build from the get-go, which is something I really hate building. Anyways, three two mons are very good, don't get me wrong, but starting off with these two for a team just felt extremely limiting in how the other 4 slots would be filled.

I won't be entering this round, as this core of mons frustrated me, so I'm definitely interested in seeing how other approached this, and if possible, receive some tips for building in general :$
Same experience pretty much

Laptop broken woop woop, everything seems to be happening at once... Anyway, I will go round a mates house on Saturday to get this rounds voting up for you guys, as doing everything on a phone is pretty much impossible. Sorry but it's unfortunately out of my control.

I will be accepting teams till then and keep trying to improve them if you feel you can! Remebrr only 3 get accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)