Project OU Teambuilding Competition V7 (Round 6: Building)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Team 3 but note to the teambuilder: the ev spread you used is for leftovers Hippo, without Left for example orb Thundurus will 2hko you 87% of times after Stealth Rocks, same for Life Orb Gengar, who has a 96% chance to do so

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry for the delay. Had to deal with irl stuff because MURICA DAY weekend so please excuse my tardiness.

Puralux won with team #3. Mimolette came in 2nd with team #5. I will say that there was only a 1 vote difference. Grats to both!

new core:

Kinda boring, but these two form a potent defensive duo on balance teams. Let's see what yall can do with them. Deadline is in a week.

Also, please title your PMs "OU Teambuilding Competition Round [X]", with "X" being the current round (in this case it is 3). It makes things MUCH easier for me when sorting through PMs, as I get a lot for some reason. Thanks, and good luck.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
here we go!

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power Ice

Basically the team is pretty straight forward, it's hazards stacking to wear down the opposing team to allow Feraligatr / Thundurus to clean up late game. I went with Mega Altaria because it acts as a solid check to Thundy / Keldeo / Zard Y / Manectric etc that come in and threaten Hippo and Skarm. The moveset allows me to lure and break Skarm and Ferrothorn who pose somewhat of an issue to Gatr, despite having Superpower, so I can keep Gatr as healthy as possible for the late game. Lastly, I added AV Raikou to full time roles for me. One was lure and help break Mega Venusaur for Gatr. The second reason was to have a check to Gengar, since at this point Life orb Gengar dumpsters me and AV Raikou was the only pokemon that filled that role.

I really like hazard stack especially paired with hard hitters, so that's the basic idea I had behind the team. Hippowdon and Skarmory provide hazards and form part of the team's defensive backbone. Next up, I didn't want Defog as that's counterproductive with this build, so I opted for Excadrill to remove hazards. With the sand support, Driller gives me a means of taking down frail, offensive builds and it appreciates the hazards set by Hippo and Skarm. Mega Latias serves as the the team's water-resist, Zard Y check, and challenger of opposing Calm Mind users, being able to beat the majority of them with Stored Power. Tornadus-T is the other part of the defensive backbone and was added to check threats such as Gengar and Mega Alakazam without forfeiting momentum. Finally Spexdeo was added to break down walls and check the threatening Dark-types (M-Gyara, Bisharp, Weavile). Keldeo also weakens checks to sand (Venu, Rotom, etc) via Scald burns or by its specs-backed attacks. Because Azu is a threat and a half, I opted for electric coverage on both Latias and Keldeo since they tend to draw Azu in; Frustration is run on Excadrill to 2HKO Rotom-W after 2 rounds of SR or if Torn-T knocked off Rotom's Leftovers.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Spikes

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Frustration

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 108 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Slack Off

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I already had a team with this core (I literally only do balance so I have about 50 teams with hippo skarm), so I figured I might as well post it. This is probably the most solid team I have built with it so far, so this is the one I chose. It was originally built around Jellicent, since the mon intrigued me and I wanted to make it work. I chose Hippo as the rocker because lol it's hippo and it blanket checks half the meta. Also it covered Jellicent's Elec weakness and Dark weakness (TTar, Bisharp). Skarm was added to check fairies and because hippo skarm is like one of the most mindless balance cores to exist. TTar was thrown on because fuck latis, and pursuit + hazards is always fun. I chose Char Y afterwards because I was really looking 6-0'ed by common Sableye teams (which are still a weakness due to timid flame lol), and Mega Scizor ripped me a new one. Timid because fuck Manaphy, and Flamethrower because I'm a fat team and Fire Blast PP will run out in no time, especially vs other Sableye teams. Exca was put on as a spinner and an offense check. Balloon because being able to spin on most variants of Hippowdon is nice, and LO makes me get worn down way too easily with Spikes + LO recoil on spin. Large water weakness from hippo + tar + exca is somewhat mitigated by Jellicent + Zard Y, but waters that can overcome Jelli (aka Rotom-W) prove to be a royal pain to this squad. But still, it's overall a team I've used for a month that still proves to be effective right now (well I haven't gotten too many battles with it as of late, but from what I've seen it's still decent).

You may now all get ebola from seeing a stall team. Hippowdon + Skarmory form a really defensive duo, so I figured I might as well make this one stall. Chansey + Skarm is just...well, everyone knows what it does. I added Clefable to take on Manaphy. I would like to change its spread to take on Mega Heracross, but you just lose to TGRD Manaphy if you do. Stored Power breaks opposing stall. Heatran does everything you expect a fat steel type to do, i.e. sit around forever and be annoying, and checks Talonflame and opposing Clefable. I prefer Heatran to check it rather than Hippowdon because burns are just super annoying.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Wish

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Moonblast
- Stored Power

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

turns out we only had 4 submissions this round but i guess that's what happens when you choose a boring af core. next round will be more interesting. i promise.

deadline is in a week.

---

also this happens to be my 1.8k post. shoutouts to my homies in the ou room for putting up with my tyranny. also shoutouts to the people i've met here over the past year, y'all are cool. there's a lot so i won't tag bcuz ill forget people, but you know who you are

Celticpride is a dweeb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)