Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p2

Banned deucer.

This is something. Flame Plate Entei is nice as fuck especially after an SD pass where it lures in shit that think they can take a move they think it's locked into until they get smacked by a coverage move the following turn. Celebi is nothing special, the 56 Atk EVs let it kill something but I don't remember what, it was probably a water type. MegaPedo completes the FWG core and is probably the scariest SD Pass recipient in the entire tier because it already hits insanely hard at neutral and becomes increasingly harder to revenge kill with Speed Boost. Lando-T exists for Sand and checking a bunch of mons including Talonflame, Lum is something I'm messing around with in order to screw Wisp Talons that think they can get one off for free, it's also my rocker because it's one of the more consistent setters in the tier that doesn't get blown over by Sand while not completely sinking your momentum. Latios is the CharY and Manaphy switchin for this team and helps in case Celebi is too pressured to handle Keldeo or the other way around, Latias is weak af so I'm not running it. Thunder is awesome, ohkos Manaphy and Azumarill while taking a huge chunk out of Bisharps and a 30% chance to completely ruin ScarfTTars, its a cool option that should be used more despite the ass accuracy. Scarf Rachi fills a bunch of holes such as being my Lati and Fairy switch in, while also making sure I don't get completely mopped by Alt at +1. Overall, it feels like a nice build so far but it's definitely far from complete, I'm gonna give it a run in stour tonight and see if I can find any huge holes that need fixed. Biggest threats so far are Bisharp and Electrics.
edit: it actually works after some decent success in stour, getting to r5

Entei @ Flame Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 88 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-274502269 v Vertex the zard x bluff god
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-ou-89360 v Tshrekt stour r1
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-ou-89413 v Hiye stour r2
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-ou-89457 v Private stour r3
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-275047141 v Tesung stour r4
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/smogtours-ou-89497 loss v cosine stour r5

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi just a reminder that the building stage ends tomorrow around 7ish pm. Feel free to make edits if you have already posted or if you havent posted a team and you want to consider posting it by tonight.

Shoutout my buddy ArchPhantom, who I built this team with, and couldn't have done it without. Always a pleasure, broski :]
And shoutout to GeeMick for correcting my sleepy grammar :P
We initially began by brainstorming ideas, and settled upon CB Entei + Nasty Pass Celebi + Mega Manectric. The idea was to punish the absurd MegaMan weakness in recent offense/BO teams that we had come across. Furthermore, there was a good degree of offensive synergy, as Celebi was a great defensive pivot (shoutout to daftmau5 for the amazing spread), being able to effectively pivot into bulky waters/grounds that commonly switch into Entei.

The first thing that popped out to us was the glaring bird weakness; we also wanted more insurance vs offense in the lategame. This prompted the addition of Tyranitar + Excadrill. These two were golden additions, allowing us to check + Pursuit trap Latis, check opposing sand offense (via Balloon drill) and have much more secure lategame wincon through cleaning with Excadrill. Additionally, this also took advantage of the defensive synergy that Celebi provided, with Celebi-Tyranitar being a great defensive backbone for the team.

We noticed something really annoying for the team: Bisharp. This prompted more brainstorming, and Arch suggested the idea of RestTalk Keldeo, which really enriched the team through providing a better check to Landorus and Bisharp, while taking advantage of the Nasty Passing that Celebi was able to do to punish obvious switch-ins. It also really synergized the function of the team as well; now the team was all about causing as much havoc as possible with Entei/Keldeo, trapping/eliminating checks with Mega Manectric/Tyranitar, and cleaning with Excadrill.

So then we had a team! Notable threats to the team include Mega Alakazam which is dealt with through Chople Crunch Tyranitar. Options for this team include Ice Beam Shuca Berry Tyranitar if Grounds become too annoying.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 112 SpD / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry/Shuca Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch/Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

These were really last minute, I'll/Arch will add some more if I have time :]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-276056307
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-276050507

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Ok voting time for Entei + Celebi core. Here are the teams submitted. Voting ends Thursday 7-8 pm.

Team 1

The team started with Entei + Celebi as required. I started with Choice Band Entei, a mon that can easy wear down teams with a powerful Sacred Fire and burns. The Entei set is standard OU. The Celebi set is decided later, but I decided that I would run Sand with these 2 cores, since they synergizes pretty well in a sense that Entei can pressure mons that are annoying to Sand teams, such as Skarmory, Hippowdown, Landorus and Azumarill with Sacred Fire burns. Celebi handles priority such as Breloom's Mach Punch, Azumarill's Aqua Jet and things like Keldeo. I decided on Excadrill + Tyranitar. Excadrill is a powerfull Sand Rush abuser for cleaning up late game, also my hazard control, although not the most reliable, still can do its job well when necessary. Tyranitar checks things like Talonflame and Charizard Y which is annoying, with Superpower checks Bisharp and traps Lati@s, so that I have a easier time keeping up rocks while reducing the amount of Sacred Fire switchins. Next I added Specs Keldeo, completing FWG on the team to handle fat Physically Defensive mons as well as being a great wallbreaker in general. Tornadus T was added since I was still annoyed by things like Gengar or even Alakazam, deals with M-Venu, etc. Also a good pivot to bring in my mons safely. For Celebi I chose the standard SpD utility set (spread ripped off from tcmK's RMT!) with Leaf Storm since it KO'es Azumarill(BD variants) and Rotom Wash after rocks and you already have reliable recovery to compensate for Giga Drain's small recovery. Its not staying for a long time on the field anyways so SpA drop doesn't hurt that much. Thunder Wave lures out Charizard Y, which is annoying to the team since it can come on a Excadrill after it revenged something, shut down Sand and pressure my team from there as well as Talonflame, which is just annoying in general. Keldeo has HP Electric since Mega Gyarados can be pretty annoying for the team, also baits in bulky waters so Sacred Fire becomes more spammable. Celebi and Tornadus handles Latios pretty fine that I'm fine with not running Icy Wind. This ended as a more offensive oriented balance teams, with the goal being wearing down teams with Entei and Keldeo while cleaning with Excadrill late game by pivoting between team members. Criticism are appreciated since they helps me know what I'm doing wrong/need improvement on. Thanks for reading!!
Dog (Entei) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze

Onion (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 176 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Godzilla (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Mole (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Bird (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Horse (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Power
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Team 2

Celebi is extremely versatile so this was really interesting. I was thinking how these two could best be used together, SD-pass came to mind and holy crap did it work. Aim of the team is to wear down the opponent with multiple swords dance-boosted wallbreakers/sweepers and it's really fun to use :]
Also credit to Josh Morales for the original idea in the good cores thread.

Celebi is the MVP on this team, supporting with swords dance & baton pass. Recover is mandatory to keep her alive throughout the match to keep passing those boosts. Seed bomb gives her some offensive presence and beats the likes of Rotom-W and Slowbro. 108 speed EVs are to outspeed jolly bisharp to escape pursuit with baton pass, and the rest put into defence for longevity. Celebi also acts as a status absorber with natural cure as the rest of the team hates status.

Entei is the first SD receiver and synergises well with Celebi, has a small move pool but good coverage and a sweet 50% burn chance with sacred fire. Iron head is to beat fairies such as Altaria who think they wall you. E-speed for powerful priority which at +2 can usually clean up on its own. Bulldoze for Manectric and Raikou (sacred fire actually hits harder but has low pp). Life orb over choice band as the ability to switch moves is really useful and after a SD he hits hard enough anyway. 32 HP EVs hit a LO number and he still outspeeds neutral base 95s, E-speed makes up for the slight drop.

Azu came next, completing a FWG core which everyone loves. These three have a great offensive and defensive synergy and nail each other's checks and counters. Aqua jet brings more priority to an otherwise slow core. Waterfall and play rough are just stupid powerful with choice band and swords dance and at +2 pretty much every time it comes in something is gonna die. Although CB does limit move choices and requires a bit more prediction it means that even if Celebi's gone he can still do a ton of damage. Also there's this:
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power burned Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Sableye: 331-390 (108.8 - 128.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
204 speed EVs are to outspeed most opposing Azu and KO with play rough - if BD Azu's start running max speed then this can be changed to 252.

For an offensive team the team was still quite slow, I also had a mega slot free. Mega-Aerodactyl fits perfectly, brings much-needed blazing speed to the table and just wrecks offence, after a SD nothing is safe. Another bug resist is also welcome for Celebi and I needed a Talonflame counter. EQ important for M-Mane and Raikou as the team lacks a ground type. EdgeQuake coverage hits pretty much everything anyway then ice fang for Lando, Gliscor and Chomp and aerial ace for spammable STAB. Although rare now, as Aero is my Talonflame counter 44 defence EVs survive 2 CB brave birds after rocks. The speed EVs outspeed jolly Gyarados at +1.

I still needed hazard control, but I didn't want to compromise offensive presence and also needed a special attacker for physical walls. Latios fit the bill - Draco meteor and Psyshock for powerful STABs, defog to remove hazards, roost to stay alive throughout the match. Standard.

Bisharp is my stealth rocker of choice. He may not be the most reliable rocker but in addition to setting hazards he brings a few key resists to the team, in particular poison, rock, ghost, ice, and dark, to balance my defences. Iron head is mandatory to kill fairies should Entei go down, sucker punch for more priority because who doesn't love priority (also helps vs M-Mane which is a OHKO after intimidate and rocks), and every team should have knock off for general utility plus killing Latis etc. SpD EVs are to guarantee surviving a HP fire from LO Latios after rocks.
Nidhug (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Aerodactylite
EVs: 240 Atk / 44 Def / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Acacia (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Recover
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Fiver (Azumarill) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Cerberus (Entei) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Head
- Bulldoze

Brienne (Bisharp) (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Steel (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
Team 3

So the team did not immediately start with SD Cele Pass, and was instead focusing on strong synergy before the specific sets developed. Both GeeMick and I immediately had the idea of adding

KeldTar + Drill: It provided rapid spin support which really helps entei, as well as immediate speed and revenge killing ability. TTar + Drill also handles birdspam and pursuit's psychics and ghosts like lati's, which keldeo benefits greatly from. Keldeo also adds the solid bisharp and weavile counter, and completes the FWG core. At this point we started thinking about stall matchup, and i suggested Lopunny and Azu > Keldeo.
+
>

Lopunny: Lopunny is actually crucial to the stallbreaking part of this team, and this is the unique set it is running: PuP Encore. With Encore, lopunny can shut down many defensive mons. For example, it can HJK to force a recovery move from quag or skarm (works better if its on the switchin). You can then pup on the recovery move and encore them into it. If you trap skarmory into this encore then it helps to predict the quag, but otherwise if you can encore quag on a non-toxic then you basically nab a kill, force them to come back in to toxic when their healthy (but you can encore the toxic if you don't 2hko), allowing you to wear it down very low. Sacred Fire Burns help lopunny beat quagsire so that SD pass almost outright wins, and azu can also knock it off if they have to bring it in over amoonguss.

Azumarill: I originally was thinking some sort of Splash Plate or AV variant, but i eventually decided on bandzu. The extra power really helps break quagsire and it can OHKO amoonguss with enough SD boosts. I chose knock off in the last slot since no other team member had it and its spammable and helps to remove the items of stuff like amoong or quag. The Speed on Azu outspeeds 0 speed heatran by 2 points.

Celebi: The SD Baton Pass set fits best on this team since its almost all physical. Fairly straightforward set, the extra speed is to outpace timid tran and the rest goes into defense to tank stuff like lopunny.

Excadrill: Elec immunity, temporary ground immunity, and sand rush spinner. Straightforward and simple.

TTar: Shuca Ice Beam helps with Garchomp and to an extent Lando-T.

Entei: Flame Plate cuz I wanted boosted power, but no LO recoil which greatly reduces longevity and to not get choice locked. Since i'm not banded i need iron head for physdef clef and it also hits altaria and diancie harder (if non protect and hasn't mega'd).
Entei @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Iron Head

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 92 Def / 176 Spe
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Tyranitar @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 152 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
Team 4

Celebi @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
I might be new but I am going to start off strong. First, the common theme that should come to mind when building this team is sd pass Celebi. However, what about sd weakness policy slow pass. With this spread you can survive a good amount of super effective hits. Sure, you lack another form of recovery but if plays correctly you can sweep teams with ease with either Entei or the mega that completes the FGW core my man Mega Gyarados. Again, with the idea of sd pass mega gyarados just like entei and do the same also I added dragon dance to of course raise the speed. Well next down the list right away I need a way to get rid of hazards and doesn't get as annoyed by tank chomp rocky helmet crap so I thought one of the lati twins but which one? well it is Latios anyways with pretty self explanatory reasons. Also with memento so it will be an easier to set up and win. The next member of the squad belongs to the steel trapper Magnezone. I needed a way to deal with ferros and defense scizors fast and efficiently and magnezone was the best choice. FInally I need a rocker so rock setter clef standard set seems to fit the spot quite nicely to finish the dragon-steel-fairy core. I would like some feedback as soon as possible thank you.
Team 5

: At first I started with Flame Plate Entei, since I don't like choice items outside of Scarf too much and it would let me surprise heatrans with a Bulldoze to a decent amount of damage. Soon enough, I realized that Entei was pretty weak, and even though I was trying SDPass Celebi, there wasn't enough momentum to the team. SO, I decided to make Entei more of a utility mon, seeing that its bulk wasn't too bad. So WoW + Sacred Fire ensured I'm burning the opponent a lot, Bulldoze for Heatran, and Substitute to stall out chansey a bit with 101 subs, pressure, and burn, while also dodging Sucker Punch from Bisharp.

Since this is the star of the show, I'll give the ev spread functions: 200 Spe outspeeds Jolly Hoopa-U, 136 HP allows 101 Subs, Adamant because Sacred Fire so 16 Evs to have a jump point, 136 HP / 60 SpD allows me to take 2 FBs from Mega Gardevoir, and the rest put in Def to take on some physical hits better.

: What was SDPass Celebi was changed to support. Heal Bell is very nice on a bulky build, while I really like T-Wave, Celebi is such as passive mon that it needs something like Toxic to remove some passiveness. Giga Drain helped clear out bulky water types for Entei, and Recover is recover.

: With Unaware Clef, a lot of the meta was walled. It removed some weakness I had to Latis, and most of all, Manaphy and Serperior. I added CM > Heal Bell with Wish+Protect to have as a backup wincon, but also wish support for entei is pretty nice.

: Hazard removal and a Gengar check. Worked pretty nice. Knock Off and Foul Play were very nice and being a Hoopa-U check wasn't bad at all.

: Next I added Mega Gardevoir. I was looking pretty passive vs. Stall, so what other than Taunt Modest Mega Gardevoir to destroy it? Focus Blast also helps shred people who think Heatran is a counter to pieces, making this team handle Heatran much better.

: Finally, I added bulky Scizor. I needed a counter to Weavile, and a check to a lot of pokemons such as Mega Metagross, Mega Lopunny, Kyurem-B and Bisharp. Since I already have Defog, I just used SD > Defog. Now you probably noticed that instead of having Leftovers, this Scizor has Scizorite. To some people this may sound like gimmicky and utter shit, but it actually helps a lot. Mainly, it allows Scizor to take Knock Off spam MUCH better, now Weavile doesn't even do nearly as much with Knock Off, and neither does Bisharp. Not only that, but against much faster-paced team where Mega Gardevoir can barely switch, sometimes I choose to mega evolve this over Mega Gardevoir. This is very rare and I only do it if I see something like Bisharp/Mega Metagross/Gengar on one team together, making Mega Gardevoir next to useless.

->
: After some battling, I realized that Flying Spam wrecks me. SD Talonflame and Life Orb Tornadus-T can repeatedly come and get a kill under certain circumstances almost every single time. Zapdos solved this problem, and I also made it SpD to take on Gengar better, only having 0.4% chance to get 2HKO'd by Sludge Wave, making it a nice check, but also only having 0.4% to get 2HKO'd by Latios's Psyshock in case I was forced to eat it up.
Entei @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 16 Atk / 96 Def / 60 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 84 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Atk / 56 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-274754935 - lucked out a bit here but shows how nice scizorite on scizor is

I guess I'll post some more this team hasn't lost yet with the Zapdos addition ...
Team 6

didnt like the previous build, it was probably better but i didnt find it fun to use...decided to try nasty pass to agility amphy on this build. nidoqueen was added to beat clef as well as provide rocks for the team. np+mega amphy is pretty hard for stall to handle, so i went with scarf kyurem-b w/ hp fire for revenge killing purposes. scizor rounds off the team by providing hazard control and a bisharp check as well as check things like opposing kyurem-b, tyranitar, and weavile. edit: replaced nidoqueen with sr gliscor to check zard-x, etc better. edit2: shoutout to allattack for suggesting keldeo over mega ampharos, gives me a better check to bisharp + allows me to replace superpower on it. stone edge gliscor helps check talon after removing mega amph edit3: lando-t takes over gliscor for a better check to zard-y and mega pinsir. also replaced keldeo with hoopa-u so that i had a better check to mega venu, and put superpower back on mega scizor. np pass to hoopa-u or kyurem-b still destroys stall teams.

"The team was built around the obligatory core of Entei + Celebi. This core seemed to appreciate the wallbreaking prowess of Keldeo and the synergy it would provide. An example of this is that Celebi could NP pass to it and Entei could break the bulky Pokemon such as opposing Celebi while Keldeo helped Entei vs walls such as Quagsire. At this point, Scarf Kyurem-Black was added to help with the slightly slow nature of the team while it could also revenge-kill threats such as Lati@s and Tornadus-T which troubled us. Landorus-T provided us with a solid rocker that could check Talonflame and Charizard-X, both of which posed threats to the team and Mega Scizor was added due to its traits in Defog + Bullet Punch, while providing a good Lati@s and Gardevoir check." -AllAttack, thanks for helping me write this, although if I were to be honest I didn't think of any of that at all..
Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 32 HP / 200 Atk / 24 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Psyshock

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 28 SpA / 228 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
Team 7

This is something. Flame Plate Entei is nice as fuck especially after an SD pass where it lures in shit that think they can take a move they think it's locked into until they get smacked by a coverage move the following turn. Celebi is nothing special, the 56 Atk EVs let it kill something but I don't remember what, it was probably a water type. MegaPedo completes the FWG core and is probably the scariest SD Pass recipient in the entire tier because it already hits insanely hard at neutral and becomes increasingly harder to revenge kill with Speed Boost. Lando-T exists for Sand and checking a bunch of mons including Talonflame, Lum is something I'm messing around with in order to screw Wisp Talons that think they can get one off for free, it's also my rocker because it's one of the more consistent setters in the tier that doesn't get blown over by Sand while not completely sinking your momentum. Latios is the CharY and Manaphy switchin for this team and helps in case Celebi is too pressured to handle Keldeo or the other way around, Latias is weak af so I'm not running it. Thunder is awesome, ohkos Manaphy and Azumarill while taking a huge chunk out of Bisharps and a 30% chance to completely ruin ScarfTTars, its a cool option that should be used more despite the ass accuracy. Scarf Rachi fills a bunch of holes such as being my Lati and Fairy switch in, while also making sure I don't get completely mopped by Alt at +1. Overall, it feels like a nice build so far but it's definitely far from complete, I'm gonna give it a run in stour tonight and see if I can find any huge holes that need fixed. Biggest threats so far are Bisharp and Electrics.
edit: it actually works after some decent success in stour, getting to r5
Entei @ Flame Plate
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 88 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Seed Bomb
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch
Team 8

We initially began by brainstorming ideas, and settled upon CB Entei + Nasty Pass Celebi + Mega Manectric. The idea was to punish the absurd MegaMan weakness in recent offense/BO teams that we had come across. Furthermore, there was a good degree of offensive synergy, as Celebi was a great defensive pivot (shoutout to daftmau5 for the amazing spread), being able to effectively pivot into bulky waters/grounds that commonly switch into Entei.

The first thing that popped out to us was the glaring bird weakness; we also wanted more insurance vs offense in the lategame. This prompted the addition of Tyranitar + Excadrill. These two were golden additions, allowing us to check + Pursuit trap Latis, check opposing sand offense (via Balloon drill) and have much more secure lategame wincon through cleaning with Excadrill. Additionally, this also took advantage of the defensive synergy that Celebi provided, with Celebi-Tyranitar being a great defensive backbone for the team.

We noticed something really annoying for the team: Bisharp. This prompted more brainstorming, and Arch suggested the idea of RestTalk Keldeo, which really enriched the team through providing a better check to Landorus and Bisharp, while taking advantage of the Nasty Passing that Celebi was able to do to punish obvious switch-ins. It also really synergized the function of the team as well; now the team was all about causing as much havoc as possible with Entei/Keldeo, trapping/eliminating checks with Mega Manectric/Tyranitar, and cleaning with Excadrill.

So then we had a team! Notable threats to the team include Mega Alakazam which is dealt with through Chople Crunch Tyranitar. Options for this team include Ice Beam Shuca Berry Tyranitar if Grounds become too annoying.
Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 112 SpD / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Bulldoze
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry/Shuca Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch/Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
These were really last minute, I'll/Arch will add some more if I have time :]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-276056307
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-276050507

That said, I'm still going to vote for team 7. It just looks the most well-built overall. (I still don't like its chances against stall lol)

Reactions: AM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)