Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Team 7

I actually like most of the builds in a general sense barring some move options used. I tried building for this competition but felt it would be too similar to one of the M-Aero / Gengar builds I posted back in teamshop, so it felt kind of redundant / unrewarding. Not surprisingly the foundation of most of these teams follow a similar format I find, and I probably wouldn't have deviated from some of the choices used here either. When flegg stops bitching about M-Sableye builds he'll use Smack Down / SD Lando-T so he isn't walled to shit by Skarm and use an M-Aero set that doesn't want to make me throw up.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team 4 by seriously can we stop the bandwagon already good lord FlamingVictini has won this teambuilding round. Congratulations! will be added to the hall of fame someday (yes, someday).

Now we proceed to the next teambuilding challenge.

ROUND 44:

+

Everyone and their mother are using Landorus-Therian on every relevant OU build so I guess it wont hurt to add him to the core in question, but thats besides the point. Empoleon (PENGUIN), one of those defoggers I consider usable besides latios (sad world we live in) which complements landorus-therian extremely well by patching that annoying ice and water weakness, while landorus-therian helps with the fighting, ground and electric weakness to an extent. Both can be run offensive or defensive, etc. The real challenge here is using Empoleon effectively here cause we all know Lando is the undisputed King.

Voting lasts until July 21th at 11:59 PM GMT -5 (Central time). Have fun!

p2

Banned deucer.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

empoleon sucks ass and the way it constrains teambuilding is aids PLS GIVE US A BETTER CORE OR MON NEXT TIME AAAAAAAA

ok apparently im actually taking the time to write a semi-serious description for once. uu had an offensive shuca berry set that looked cool so i used that and put rocks on empo too, i stuck with flash cannon because i want to apply additional pressure to clefable while being able to remove hazards given the passive nature of the team and how easily it can be exploited by stuff like skarm and ferro, so defog gives me room to backpedal against those annoying kinda builds but i have 3 spike immunes so probably shouldn't be as big an issue as im making it out to be but spikes are broke so it's w/e. lando does lando things and is the only good scarfer that fit on the build given changes i had to make to accomodate one because i need the speed control. ferro helps stack hazards nicely with empoleon and SPIKES ARE BROKEN IF I DIDN'T MENTION THAT ALREADY so it works great here. mega latias because keldeo is also broken and so is zard y. cm surf sp is a broken set so i used that too. quag was a weird addition but it fits nicely as an electric check not completely bent over by pursuit from darks and its nice against clefable, another broken mon, curse is good too. i had eplate lando and scarf ttar over lando and clef but it was so weak to broken sab which i actually put in the effort to fix for once, flamethrower clef helps get over the passiveness against ferro and skarm yadadada. i gave sonired the old version to ladder with and he it gave him aids so it must be effective.

Last edited:

Empoleon is one of my favorite starters, and I actually like using it alongside another Stealth Rocker such as Landorus-T. It allows me to use a more offensive set on Empoleon instead of the sp. def set. I went with the offensive shuca defog set as it gave me tons of useful coverage to abuse.

I went with a more defensive Landorus-T build in order to give me somthing to swap in against powerful physical attackers like Talonflame, Mega Charizard X, or Tyranitar. I also had it set up rocks in order to use the more offensive Emploeon set.

Mega Charizard X is one of the most deadly set-up sweepers in the tier, and what I chose to build my team around. With just one dragon dance, it becomes the most dangerous pokemon on the field, and is a powerful physical sweeper that added to the offensive capabilities of my team.

Serperior rounded off the fire, water grass core that I started with Empoleon and Mega Charizard X. I used the SubSeed variant so that I had deadly sweeper with defensive potential. It could get behind a sub and set up with leaf storm, destroying unsuspecting teams.

Specs Raikou is one of my favorite sets, because of how effective of a pivot it is. Because I already had defensive landorus-T and Empoleon, I didn't want to run a Rotom-W on this team, as it would have been unessessary. It's also incredibly strong on it's own. Specs Thunderbolt hurts even things that resist it, Hidden Power Ice gives me some much needed coverage against ground types, and shadow ball is great for pressuring bulky psychic types my team has trouble with. At this point, I had everything I needed, so I decided to round the team off with a wall that you can pretty much slap on any team.

The one thing my team didn't have was a set-up sweeper, and Magic Guard Clefable was perfect. It can set up and end games against unsuspecting pokemon,and it's also a deadly wall that can tank hits and help me win games. Not much to say about this thing, it's just a really good pokemon.
Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Iron Tail

MrAldo I recommend that you put everything in sprites because it takes up less space, less time to load, and looks better in general.

Teambuilding process: Aesthetically pleasing, therefore fitting of a chiseled Adonis such as myself. NP anything beats stall.

Last edited:

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Toxic

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Landorus-T is the main star of the show since it is required for this teambuilding competition and I chosen the scarf set for it since it can act like a revenge killer and a momentum grabber with its U turn while doing its basic stuff like getting stone edge kills against torn-t & opposing talonflames

Empoleon is lando's partner in crime for this week's teambuilding competition and I find it ok since it can cover lando's weakness from ice and water types, I made it special defensive bulky so I can take hits against opposing pokemon like the lati twins and mega diancie, empoleon is my defogger since it is one of the few defoggers to resist stealth rock and also can set up its own rocks and I chosen toxic to help weaken pokemon from again the lati twins, slowbro and bulky mons in general without relaying on scald burns which can be handy

My chosen mega pokemon was Mega Latias since it just helps covers Lando's and Empoleon weakness to keldeo which really can hurt the combo while help covering up electric, ground and fighting weakness for the empoleon, I chosen the calm mind set with the moves ice beam and thunder bolt, ice beam to beat the bulky fat grounds, dragons, grass and flying types while thunder bolt covers up water types, skarmory and neutral damage to weaken heatran and scizor, also I picked roost so I can give latias her own healing option throughout the match.

Clefable I find very needed for this team since I chose the ability Unaware it helps this team not getting swept by set up sweepers such as garchomp and mega gyarados while T-wave is also nice for slowing down faster pokemon and annoying pokemon such as heatran and I picked flamethrower to help do more damage against steel types which usually annoy clefable like scizor, bisharp and ferrothorn.

While having my own clefable is nice but while teambuildng and doing some tests on ladder, another opposing clefable can damage this team and I needed something to break balance easier at the same time so I picked nidoking as my 5th pokemon as it is another important pokemon on my team with the coverage earth power, sludge wave, flamethrower and ice beam just 2hko so many pokemon expect for chansey and slowking however the pokemon around nido helps cover these two pokemon.

My final choice was Talonflame and the set I was using is a bulky sword dance variant since I needed something to beat bisharp and chansey nicely and have a pokemon that can sweep and revenge kill at the same time, I also picked will o wisp so I can help weaken opposing physical pokemon such as landorus-t and the main reason why I pick wisp was to beat bisharp.

This team has a nice selection of offensive mons with bulk while having a few defensive mons, this team can abuse the 3 status toxic, t-wave and will o wisp which can be very handy and I hope you enjoy reading and more importantly my team I built.

Where it began

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Low Kick

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

I honestly tried this time around but building around a mon I have never builded before is hard. Empoleon was interesting and now after 4 days I present you my best work. Before we get started if you don't understand the title of the team you need to play in-game more often, anyways on to the team.
First mon mega gardevoir with taunt to allow it to be a rather reliable wall-breaker, standard spread in order to take a lati@'s psyshock. Next, is defensive infernape, which partner well with gardevoir and if you don't want to risk the ever reliable move named focus blast. Infernape walls ferro, scizor, non-earth power tran. Next on the team is Latios for some hazard control and keldeo check. Now I decided to add defensive empoleon for rocks and slight clef answer. Scarf lando for the speed control. Finally leech seed serperior for the late game allowing it to sweep.
This is the best I can do and the ladder is a strange place so proper testing is nearly impossible. Because seeing max hp mane or a life orb clef or a mega meta gross that is walled by fairy types is just disheartening.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-402321042
I noticed a couple things while building and testing with this team. One, that I am not skilled enough and I need a tutor. Two I need to be more versatile with my mon selections every time I build. Three apparently max hp mega mane lives a specs keldeo sercret sword who knew. Four I can't build a team that isn't 6-0 by life orb nasty plot three attack thundy. And five I wish Torterra was good

Anyways enough with the self-deprecation. Good luck one and all and pray to the lord FlamingVictini that you win this week. <3

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Earth Plate
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-402956600 vs someone on the ladder. this just shows the team :) This team is meant to put pressure on with SD Chomp and Band Tyranitar and clean with M-Latias or Scarf lando. Amoonguss provides support dealing with serperior and azumarill and providing a nice water resist and emploeon provides rocks and some nice offensive pressure with modest hydro. I admit this took a long time to think of because emploeon is average but i made this finally.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Cenamazing I would really love if you could follow up the format other people are posting their teams with, it makes my job easier. I will let it pass next time but if you fail to apply the format for next rounds, I will just simply ignore the team

THAT GOES TO EVERYONE

Nice, good amount of teams, nice looking ones as well! Lets get this going.

Team 1

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Surf
- Roost

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Curse
- Recover
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
ok apparently im actually taking the time to write a semi-serious description for once. uu had an offensive shuca berry set that looked cool so i used that and put rocks on empo too, i stuck with flash cannon because i want to apply additional pressure to clefable while being able to remove hazards given the passive nature of the team and how easily it can be exploited by stuff like skarm and ferro, so defog gives me room to backpedal against those annoying kinda builds but i have 3 spike immunes so probably shouldn't be as big an issue as im making it out to be but spikes are broke so it's w/e. lando does lando things and is the only good scarfer that fit on the build given changes i had to make to accomodate one because i need the speed control. ferro helps stack hazards nicely with empoleon and SPIKES ARE BROKEN IF I DIDN'T MENTION THAT ALREADY so it works great here. mega latias because keldeo is also broken and so is zard y. cm surf sp is a broken set so i used that too. quag was a weird addition but it fits nicely as an electric check not completely bent over by pursuit from darks and its nice against clefable, another broken mon, curse is good too. i had eplate lando and scarf ttar over lando and clef but it was so weak to broken sab which i actually put in the effort to fix for once, flamethrower clef helps get over the passiveness against ferro and skarm yadadada. i gave sonired the old version to ladder with and he it gave him aids so it must be effective.

Team 2

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
Empoleon is one of my favorite starters, and I actually like using it alongside another Stealth Rocker such as Landorus-T. It allows me to use a more offensive set on Empoleon instead of the sp. def set. I went with the offensive shuca defog set as it gave me tons of useful coverage to abuse.
I went with a more defensive Landorus-T build in order to give me somthing to swap in against powerful physical attackers like Talonflame, Mega Charizard X, or Tyranitar. I also had it set up rocks in order to use the more offensive Emploeon set.
Mega Charizard X is one of the most deadly set-up sweepers in the tier, and what I chose to build my team around. With just one dragon dance, it becomes the most dangerous pokemon on the field, and is a powerful physical sweeper that added to the offensive capabilities of my team.
Serperior rounded off the fire, water grass core that I started with Empoleon and Mega Charizard X. I used the SubSeed variant so that I had deadly sweeper with defensive potential. It could get behind a sub and set up with leaf storm, destroying unsuspecting teams.
Specs Raikou is one of my favorite sets, because of how effective of a pivot it is. Because I already had defensive landorus-T and Empoleon, I didn't want to run a Rotom-W on this team, as it would have been unessessary. It's also incredibly strong on it's own. Specs Thunderbolt hurts even things that resist it, Hidden Power Ice gives me some much needed coverage against ground types, and shadow ball is great for pressuring bulky psychic types my team has trouble with. At this point, I had everything I needed, so I decided to round the team off with a wall that you can pretty much slap on any team.
The one thing my team didn't have was a set-up sweeper, and Magic Guard Clefable was perfect. It can set up and end games against unsuspecting pokemon,and it's also a deadly wall that can tank hits and help me win games. Not much to say about this thing, it's just a really good pokemon.

Team 3

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Roar

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast / Iron Tail
Teambuilding process: Aesthetically pleasing, therefore fitting of a chiseled Adonis such as myself. NP anything beats stall.

Team 4

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Toxic

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
- Moonlight

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
Landorus-T is the main star of the show since it is required for this teambuilding competition and I chosen the scarf set for it since it can act like a revenge killer and a momentum grabber with its U turn while doing its basic stuff like getting stone edge kills against torn-t & opposing talonflames

Empoleon is lando's partner in crime for this week's teambuilding competition and I find it ok since it can cover lando's weakness from ice and water types, I made it special defensive bulky so I can take hits against opposing pokemon like the lati twins and mega diancie, empoleon is my defogger since it is one of the few defoggers to resist stealth rock and also can set up its own rocks and I chosen toxic to help weaken pokemon from again the lati twins, slowbro and bulky mons in general without relaying on scald burns which can be handy

My chosen mega pokemon was Mega Latias since it just helps covers Lando's and Empoleon weakness to keldeo which really can hurt the combo while help covering up electric, ground and fighting weakness for the empoleon, I chosen the calm mind set with the moves ice beam and thunder bolt, ice beam to beat the bulky fat grounds, dragons, grass and flying types while thunder bolt covers up water types, skarmory and neutral damage to weaken heatran and scizor, also I picked roost so I can give latias her own healing option throughout the match.

Clefable I find very needed for this team since I chose the ability Unaware it helps this team not getting swept by set up sweepers such as garchomp and mega gyarados while T-wave is also nice for slowing down faster pokemon and annoying pokemon such as heatran and I picked flamethrower to help do more damage against steel types which usually annoy clefable like scizor, bisharp and ferrothorn.

While having my own clefable is nice but while teambuildng and doing some tests on ladder, another opposing clefable can damage this team and I needed something to break balance easier at the same time so I picked nidoking as my 5th pokemon as it is another important pokemon on my team with the coverage earth power, sludge wave, flamethrower and ice beam just 2hko so many pokemon expect for chansey and slowking however the pokemon around nido helps cover these two pokemon.

My final choice was Talonflame and the set I was using is a bulky sword dance variant since I needed something to beat bisharp and chansey nicely and have a pokemon that can sweep and revenge kill at the same time, I also picked will o wisp so I can help weaken opposing physical pokemon such as landorus-t and the main reason why I pick wisp was to beat bisharp.

This team has a nice selection of offensive mons with bulk while having a few defensive mons, this team can abuse the 3 status toxic, t-wave and will o wisp which can be very handy and I hope you enjoy reading and more importantly my team I built.

Team 5

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Low Kick

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
I honestly tried this time around but building around a mon I have never builded before is hard. Empoleon was interesting and now after 4 days I present you my best work. Before we get started if you don't understand the title of the team you need to play in-game more often, anyways on to the team.
First mon mega gardevoir with taunt to allow it to be a rather reliable wall-breaker, standard spread in order to take a lati@'s psyshock. Next, is defensive infernape, which partner well with gardevoir and if you don't want to risk the ever reliable move named focus blast. Infernape walls ferro, scizor, non-earth power tran. Next on the team is Latios for some hazard control and keldeo check. Now I decided to add defensive empoleon for rocks and slight clef answer. Scarf lando for the speed control. Finally leech seed serperior for the late game allowing it to sweep.
This is the best I can do and the ladder is a strange place so proper testing is nearly impossible. Because seeing max hp mane or a life orb clef or a mega meta gross that is walled by fairy types is just disheartening.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-402321042
I noticed a couple things while building and testing with this team. One, that I am not skilled enough and I need a tutor. Two I need to be more versatile with my mon selections every time I build. Three apparently max hp mega mane lives a specs keldeo sercret sword who knew. Four I can't build a team that isn't 6-0 by life orb nasty plot three attack thundy. And five I wish Torterra was good

Team 6

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Flash Cannon

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Earth Plate
Ability: Rough Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-402956600 vs someone on the ladder. this just shows the team :) This team is meant to put pressure on with SD Chomp and Band Tyranitar and clean with M-Latias or Scarf lando. Amoonguss provides support dealing with serperior and azumarill and providing a nice water resist and emploeon provides rocks and some nice offensive pressure with modest hydro. I admit this took a long time to think of because emploeon is average but i made this finally.

Voting lasts until July 23th (Saturday) at 11:30 PM gmt -5. May the best one win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)