Project OU Teambuilding Competition V9 (Done! See you all in Sun & Moon)

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And Team 5 by AOJ has won this teambuilding round pretty convincingly. Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame actually right now alongside the 2 teams missing cause then I wont do it, lol. Good job.

I suppose we can move on to the next round!

ROUND 51:

This Pokemon is intriguing tbh, and there has been saying about some interesting sets outside its standard pivoting and rocks setter capabilities so that actually interests me, so yeah lets roll with it. Make a team with/around Cobalion, thats the challenge for this teambuilding round. ORAS is coming to an end so not much else to do, probably like 4 and 5 more weeks and this thread will be done, lets make the best of it!

Building Round lasts until... wait, there was a PS incident, isnt it? Well... the deadline for building round will depend entirely on when PS will be available again so we will be in touch. 5 days from that day should do, I will be sure to update the thread with the official deadline.

In the meantime, have fun!

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Crave (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Razor Sharp (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 64 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Frame of Mind (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Before We Fade (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 224 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Till It's Over (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Happiness: 0
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Far Away (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Used this in wcop semis vs k12themadchine

Chose this cobalion set because its a lot better than physical in the current state of the meta imo, and it takes advantage of the rise of dark types/MZor, and also defensive grasses like amoonguss and tangrowth. Cobalion's typing and bulk give it some unique advantages over keldeo, most notably allowing it to abuse defensive grasses as set-up fodder, also beating rotom 1v1 usually (focus miss *_*), being able to threaten fairies like gardevoir, diancie, and even clefable, and also sporting a really good defensive stat to go alongside CM boosting.

My team is designed to support cobalion in a few ways. Tyranitar is essential with cobalion imo, as trapping lati's and fat psychics is very helpful for cobalion, and it also pressures zards and talonflame. Rotom-W's defensive utility meshes very well with the two, and its ability to pressure in and volt switch out lati's so they can be trapped early is great. You can also lure in defensive grasses for coba to set-up on, or burn them and then volt to guss if it isn't the right time yet (this also helps with eq tang and such). Amoonguss's defensive typing is stellar with the team as it provides a reliable defensive answer to a lot of fairies (like clefable, azu, diancie, and even tanking psyshock from mgard to spore it, since cobalion needs a little chip + a cm to ko it). This gives cobalion a lot of breathing room and spore also offers set-up opportunities. Scarf Lando provides a necessary element of speed, a secondary ground immune, and in general is great with intimidate, u-turn, and a strong offensive presence. CM Megazam offers a faster and stronger sweeper/cleaner to pair with cobalion, and also gives the team another outlet to combat opposing spikes with magic guard.

What I really enjoy about this team is that I wouldn't replace cobalion with another member because I think cobalion is one of the best fits with the other 5. The closest thing I would consider is heatran, but cobalion offers speed and sweping potential, and its typing gels better with the team to take on threats like kyurem or weavile. This is very important to me as cobalion is a very niche mon, so I like that this team makes the most of what it uniquely offers.

Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 96 HP / 8 Def / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Iron Tail

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

I posted this team in the OU bazaar but ok.
Specs Cobalion is definitely not so strong compared to other threats in the tier, but the surprise factor is what makes the difference.
Weakening Lando and Skarmory, Excadrill can sweep more easily.
Tyranitar Band because stall is real.
Clefable Rock to support and absorb status. Tornadus-T and Slowbro are sponges, with CM Mega Slow for potential anti crit setup for the end game.

Uranusaur (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Bros before Hoes (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

My Mixtape is (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Snoop Lion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 144 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Kane and Clefable (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Tios Mio (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost

This team is actually one of my older teams, made back in XY if I remember correctly, but it still fairs well in the current meta. The team is fairly simple, with Slowbro and Clefable being around to help cover each others' weaknesses, Heatran giving the team a good counter to Mega Scizor and fairies and M-Venusaur was just added in for some more bulk and a good counter to Excadrill and Tyranitar. Latios was added in recently to give the team a much needed heavy hitter as well as a Defog user to ensure the bulky team isn't losing health on every switch in. Cobalion is useful in giving me some momentum with Volt Switch, hazards of my own, and an excellent counter to Bisharp and a check for Kyurem-B, two of the biggest problems with the team before Cobalion's inclusion. Best part is that Cobalion actually fits the role perfectly and isn't just shoehorned in for no reason, which makes the team feel more natural for me to use.

Last edited:

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

The team is centralized around mega slowbro. The idea around slowbro is to get rid all toxic users, all Electric type, all bug types, Grass types and etc. As you can tell slowbro needs a lot of support in order to sweep teams. So, to start off with the lion. I just figured out that this lion walls and checks the two most prominent dark types in the tier in weavile, and bisharp. Even though low kick does like 80%. With taunt, and volt switch. Standard set. Next, is lando with the tech hp fire. The reason is that scizor and ferro become a problem to this team. And I already have ways to deal with flying types. With 16 IVs to 2 Hit OK bulky mega scizor after rocks. Next is the main man himself mega bro is like a better cune because it can't get crit. Latias for hazard control and healing wish in just in case I mess up with mega slowbro. Next is scarf t-tar is trap and revenge the twins, and Gengar. Finally, Rotom-w with a defensive pivot. Also, a another scizor check, however, I am going to put this calc here to allow people to understand why sometimes rotom-w is not an answer. +2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 246-291 (81.1 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 68 SpD / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpD / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 52 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Okay so, I personally don't see much use of the offensive sets of Cobalion, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, it's just that there are better options to cover that role. That being said, I decided to use the SR set. Standard, Iron Head and CC for coverage and Volt-Switch to give you momentum. I will also use this as my Bisharp and Weavile counter and to threaten slower Fairy types. Then I immediately thought of Cobalion's weaknesses being Fire and Ground. The most dangerous Fire-types in OU are Both forms of Zards, so I wanted to cover them with Mega Altaria, which also gave me an answer for Mega Sableye, Rotom and other bulky mons that can annoy Cobalion. DD to set-up vs these bulkier mons and use it as a wincon, Heal Bell to prolonge its lifetime. I added speed enough to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. I realised I was weak to MGross and Fairy and Ground types in general, so I added Skarmory. I like to run it with Counter because it helps vs sweepers like M Pinsir, M Scizor and SD Gliscor, not to mention that TPunch MGross is gaining popularity (it only does 61% max roll). The rest of the set is standard. Next up I added Gliscor to deal with Clefable and Heatran. It works as a second sweeper too. I wanted to run it with Rock Slide to lure Fire types like Taunt Talonflame wich otherwise would be a massive threat to the team. I wanted it to outspeed things like Volcanion and Mew. So I already had two special walls but none physical that could take hits of threats like Mega Medicham so I thought Slowbro was the perfect choice. It provided me another Keldeo switch-in too and a Scald user which is always good. CM helps me out with other CM users like Clefable and Suicune. Last but not least I wanted to add Tangrowth to complete the Regen core and to deal with slower Steel types like Ferrothorn and Specs Magnezone since these two are really annoying to the team.
Edit: I forgot to mention that Tang also helps me deal with Manaphy.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
MFW Forgot to put a date for the round to finish .-.

Wednesday 28th will be the deadline assigned to the building phase.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Taunt

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Coballion is a pretty interesting pokemon in ou. One of its main niches is it's fighting typing, which enables it to take on Dark-types like Bisharp, Weavile, and Tyranitar. I ran the offense pivot set so it could switch around taking hits while firing off its strong attacks. I ran Taunt over SR to have it double as a stallbreaker if need be. I wanted to create a dual-fighting core for this team, so I decided to use Mega Lopunny along with Coballion. These two together are good at overpowering their checks, and M-lop works well on Bulky Offense. Speaking of which, I needed some pivots to support M-lop, and a rocker since I was running taunt on Cobalion. Enter Landorus-T. Not much to say here; it's a great pokemon that works well on most teams, and is great Stealth rocker, making it a great choice. However, my team was looking incredibly weak to psychic and flying types, I decided to get Tyranitar on the team. It's a great pursuit trapper that can also deal with flying-types with its powerful Rock STAB. Then I wanted another pivot that could deal with Azumarill and M-Diancie, a water-resist, and an extra flying check. So, Rotom-W was perfect for the job. It could take a lot of hits while dealing with pokemon that threatened my team. Finally, for hazard control, powerful Dragon STAB, and a Keldeo Check, I put Latios on the team. And that's how this team was built.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Surf

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute

Cobalion = Wanted to start with a pivot-esque set but three attacks + Taunt to mix it up a little. I find a lot of people want to switch in to this thing until they get bopped by a STAB move or a Stone Edge. Does not have Volt Switch but still is a solid pivot and does a decent breaking job.
Latios = Good ol' CM Latios. I wanted to use this thing because Cobalion works against its checks (Bisharp, Tyranitar, Weavile, fairies in particular) so effectively. Nothing wants to take regular LO Dracos, and it really ramps up as a wall breaker after a boost. Surf is there for coverage (gotta hit those invincible Heatrans na mean?). It also doubles as a water, fighting, and electric resist.
Clefable = Rocks are key, so why not use the most splashable Stealth Rock's setter at the present time? Clef also does a great job spreading status and providing a key resist to Dark types as well as a Dragon immunity.
Rotom-Wash = Necessary bird check and another water resist that can pivot in my breakers. Very typical Rotom-W use here.
Tornadus-Therian = I wanted to use this as I feel like it still is so damn good. Provides a ground immunity and a fighting resist for Cobalion. It also provides another way to get my breakers in, and is my designated stall breaker thanks to Knock Off. Great speed, great mon.
Alakazam/Mega Zam = Choose depending on the situation of course. I needed a mega and I felt like this beast could benefit from the current members of the team (notably Cobalion, who helps with those beastly Darks). Besides it's typical murder, it is this teams way of dealing with weather abusers by playing it smart and tracing the respective speed boosting ability. It's always love when it gets a sub up and takes out half a team!

ALWAYS SHINY (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

THUNDER HORSE (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

MACHO MAGIC (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

NOT GOJIRA (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

WET SOCKS (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

2 PESTO (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Heal Block
I can't think of a decent Cobalion build that doesn't include TTar + Lando-T + Rotom-W. Consequently, that makes a little over half the teams for this round look like FV's WCoP squad. I tried to diversify, but this team is definitely not without its weaknesses. Main core revolves around abusing Dark-type coverage between WispTect M-Gardevoir and SD + 3 attacks Cobalion. Considering how Char-Y and Talonflame don't need to fear a Psyshock hit on entry, it's best that Cobalion have a countermeasure in the form of Stone Edge, which lets it best Char-Y + Pursuit cores on its lonesome. Fat psychics and the Latis are taken care of by Tyranitar, SR + Sand counter + general pivoting needs are covered by Landorus, and Rotom-W deals with Scizor, Bisharp and works as a secondary birdspam check. Amoonguss, again, makes this team look like a poor knock-off of FV's team, so I had to settle with Latios. Does a better job of handling Keldeo offensively, and packs a Chansey/Clefable tech move in Heal Block. If Chansey isn't a problem and you're seeing a lot of max/max Bold Clefable, then run Psychic instead.

For context's sake, HP Ice on Lando is for opposing Lando/Chomp/sometimes Gliscor. Fast Rotom-W deals with Jolly Bisharp and offensive M-Zor, which can take advantage of Lando-T and TTar respectively. Double status because even if you switch Lando to Scarf and Tyranitar to Rocks + Chople, this team doesn't appreciate faster threats. The other tech moves (Heal Block, WispTect) are already explained.

MrAldo

Hey
HAH, I almost forgot about this again! Man, I love all of you for using the proper formatting <3

VOTING TBH!

Team 1

Crave (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Razor Sharp (Tyranitar) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Atk / 64 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Frame of Mind (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Before We Fade (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 24 HP / 224 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

Till It's Over (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Far Away (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
Used this in wcop semis vs k12themadchine

Chose this cobalion set because its a lot better than physical in the current state of the meta imo, and it takes advantage of the rise of dark types/MZor, and also defensive grasses like amoonguss and tangrowth. Cobalion's typing and bulk give it some unique advantages over keldeo, most notably allowing it to abuse defensive grasses as set-up fodder, also beating rotom 1v1 usually (focus miss *_*), being able to threaten fairies like gardevoir, diancie, and even clefable, and also sporting a really good defensive stat to go alongside CM boosting.

My team is designed to support cobalion in a few ways. Tyranitar is essential with cobalion imo, as trapping lati's and fat psychics is very helpful for cobalion, and it also pressures zards and talonflame. Rotom-W's defensive utility meshes very well with the two, and its ability to pressure in and volt switch out lati's so they can be trapped early is great. You can also lure in defensive grasses for coba to set-up on, or burn them and then volt to guss if it isn't the right time yet (this also helps with eq tang and such). Amoonguss's defensive typing is stellar with the team as it provides a reliable defensive answer to a lot of fairies (like clefable, azu, diancie, and even tanking psyshock from mgard to spore it, since cobalion needs a little chip + a cm to ko it). This gives cobalion a lot of breathing room and spore also offers set-up opportunities. Scarf Lando provides a necessary element of speed, a secondary ground immune, and in general is great with intimidate, u-turn, and a strong offensive presence. CM Megazam offers a faster and stronger sweeper/cleaner to pair with cobalion, and also gives the team another outlet to combat opposing spikes with magic guard.

What I really enjoy about this team is that I wouldn't replace cobalion with another member because I think cobalion is one of the best fits with the other 5. The closest thing I would consider is heatran, but cobalion offers speed and sweping potential, and its typing gels better with the team to take on threats like kyurem or weavile. This is very important to me as cobalion is a very niche mon, so I like that this team makes the most of what it uniquely offers.

Team 2

Cobalion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 96 HP / 8 Def / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Iron Tail

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
I posted this team in the OU bazaar but ok.
Specs Cobalion is definitely not so strong compared to other threats in the tier, but the surprise factor is what makes the difference.
Weakening Lando and Skarmory, Excadrill can sweep more easily.
Tyranitar Band because stall is real.
Clefable Rock to support and absorb status. Tornadus-T and Slowbro are sponges, with CM Mega Slow for potential anti crit setup for the end game.

Team 3

Uranusaur (Venusaur) (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 232 HP / 112 Def / 140 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Bros before Hoes (Slowbro) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

My Mixtape is (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Snoop Lion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Kane and Clefable (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Tios Mio (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Roost
This team is actually one of my older teams, made back in XY if I remember correctly, but it still fairs well in the current meta. The team is fairly simple, with Slowbro and Clefable being around to help cover each others' weaknesses, Heatran giving the team a good counter to Mega Scizor and fairies and M-Venusaur was just added in for some more bulk and a good counter to Excadrill and Tyranitar. Latios was added in recently to give the team a much needed heavy hitter as well as a Defog user to ensure the bulky team isn't losing health on every switch in. Cobalion is useful in giving me some momentum with Volt Switch, hazards of my own, and an excellent counter to Bisharp and a check for Kyurem-B, two of the biggest problems with the team before Cobalion's inclusion. Best part is that Cobalion actually fits the role perfectly and isn't just shoehorned in for no reason, which makes the team feel more natural for me to use.

Team 4

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
Lax Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
The team is centralized around mega slowbro. The idea around slowbro is to get rid all toxic users, all Electric type, all bug types, Grass types and etc. As you can tell slowbro needs a lot of support in order to sweep teams. So, to start off with the lion. I just figured out that this lion walls and checks the two most prominent dark types in the tier in weavile, and bisharp. Even though low kick does like 80%. With taunt, and volt switch. Standard set. Next, is lando with the tech hp fire. The reason is that scizor and ferro become a problem to this team. And I already have ways to deal with flying types. With 16 IVs to 2 Hit OK bulky mega scizor after rocks. Next is the main man himself mega bro is like a better cune because it can't get crit. Latias for hazard control and healing wish in just in case I mess up with mega slowbro. Next is scarf t-tar is trap and revenge the twins, and Gengar. Finally, Rotom-w with a defensive pivot. Also, a another scizor check, however, I am going to put this calc here to allow people to understand why sometimes rotom-w is not an answer. +2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 246-291 (81.1 - 96%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Team 5

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 68 SpD / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 240 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Defog
- Iron Head

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 204 SpD / 60 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 52 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Okay so, I personally don't see much use of the offensive sets of Cobalion, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they're bad, it's just that there are better options to cover that role. That being said, I decided to use the SR set. Standard, Iron Head and CC for coverage and Volt-Switch to give you momentum. I will also use this as my Bisharp and Weavile counter and to threaten slower Fairy types. Then I immediately thought of Cobalion's weaknesses being Fire and Ground. The most dangerous Fire-types in OU are Both forms of Zards, so I wanted to cover them with Mega Altaria, which also gave me an answer for Mega Sableye, Rotom and other bulky mons that can annoy Cobalion. DD to set-up vs these bulkier mons and use it as a wincon, Heal Bell to prolonge its lifetime. I added speed enough to outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt. I realised I was weak to MGross and Fairy and Ground types in general, so I added Skarmory. I like to run it with Counter because it helps vs sweepers like M Pinsir, M Scizor and SD Gliscor, not to mention that TPunch MGross is gaining popularity (it only does 61% max roll). The rest of the set is standard. Next up I added Gliscor to deal with Clefable and Heatran. It works as a second sweeper too. I wanted to run it with Rock Slide to lure Fire types like Taunt Talonflame wich otherwise would be a massive threat to the team. I wanted it to outspeed things like Volcanion and Mew. So I already had two special walls but none physical that could take hits of threats like Mega Medicham so I thought Slowbro was the perfect choice. It provided me another Keldeo switch-in too and a Scald user which is always good. CM helps me out with other CM users like Clefable and Suicune. Last but not least I wanted to add Tangrowth to complete the Regen core and to deal with slower Steel types like Ferrothorn and Specs Magnezone since these two are really annoying to the team.
Edit: I forgot to mention that Tang also helps me deal with Manaphy.

Team 6

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Iron Head
- Taunt

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog
Coballion is a pretty interesting pokemon in ou. One of its main niches is it's fighting typing, which enables it to take on Dark-types like Bisharp, Weavile, and Tyranitar. I ran the offense pivot set so it could switch around taking hits while firing off its strong attacks. I ran Taunt over SR to have it double as a stallbreaker if need be. I wanted to create a dual-fighting core for this team, so I decided to use Mega Lopunny along with Coballion. These two together are good at overpowering their checks, and M-lop works well on Bulky Offense. Speaking of which, I needed some pivots to support M-lop, and a rocker since I was running taunt on Cobalion. Enter Landorus-T. Not much to say here; it's a great pokemon that works well on most teams, and is great Stealth rocker, making it a great choice. However, my team was looking incredibly weak to psychic and flying types, I decided to get Tyranitar on the team. It's a great pursuit trapper that can also deal with flying-types with its powerful Rock STAB. Then I wanted another pivot that could deal with Azumarill and M-Diancie, a water-resist, and an extra flying check. So, Rotom-W was perfect for the job. It could take a lot of hits while dealing with pokemon that threatened my team. Finally, for hazard control, powerful Dragon STAB, and a Keldeo Check, I put Latios on the team. And that's how this team was built.

Team 7

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Surf

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Cobalion = Wanted to start with a pivot-esque set but three attacks + Taunt to mix it up a little. I find a lot of people want to switch in to this thing until they get bopped by a STAB move or a Stone Edge. Does not have Volt Switch but still is a solid pivot and does a decent breaking job.
Latios = Good ol' CM Latios. I wanted to use this thing because Cobalion works against its checks (Bisharp, Tyranitar, Weavile, fairies in particular) so effectively. Nothing wants to take regular LO Dracos, and it really ramps up as a wall breaker after a boost. Surf is there for coverage (gotta hit those invincible Heatrans na mean?). It also doubles as a water, fighting, and electric resist.
Clefable = Rocks are key, so why not use the most splashable Stealth Rock's setter at the present time? Clef also does a great job spreading status and providing a key resist to Dark types as well as a Dragon immunity.
Rotom-Wash = Necessary bird check and another water resist that can pivot in my breakers. Very typical Rotom-W use here.
Tornadus-Therian = I wanted to use this as I feel like it still is so damn good. Provides a ground immunity and a fighting resist for Cobalion. It also provides another way to get my breakers in, and is my designated stall breaker thanks to Knock Off. Great speed, great mon.
Alakazam/Mega Zam = Choose depending on the situation of course. I needed a mega and I felt like this beast could benefit from the current members of the team (notably Cobalion, who helps with those beastly Darks). Besides it's typical murder, it is this teams way of dealing with weather abusers by playing it smart and tracing the respective speed boosting ability. It's always love when it gets a sub up and takes out half a team!

Team 8

ALWAYS SHINY (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 24 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast

THUNDER HORSE (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

MACHO MAGIC (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

NOT GOJIRA (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

WET SOCKS (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 40 Def / 220 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

2 PESTO (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Heal Block
I can't think of a decent Cobalion build that doesn't include TTar + Lando-T + Rotom-W. Consequently, that makes a little over half the teams for this round look like FV's WCoP squad. I tried to diversify, but this team is definitely not without its weaknesses. Main core revolves around abusing Dark-type coverage between WispTect M-Gardevoir and SD + 3 attacks Cobalion. Considering how Char-Y and Talonflame don't need to fear a Psyshock hit on entry, it's best that Cobalion have a countermeasure in the form of Stone Edge, which lets it best Char-Y + Pursuit cores on its lonesome. Fat psychics and the Latis are taken care of by Tyranitar, SR + Sand counter + general pivoting needs are covered by Landorus, and Rotom-W deals with Scizor, Bisharp and works as a secondary birdspam check. Amoonguss, again, makes this team look like a poor knock-off of FV's team, so I had to settle with Latios. Does a better job of handling Keldeo offensively, and packs a Chansey/Clefable tech move in Heal Block. If Chansey isn't a problem and you're seeing a lot of max/max Bold Clefable, then run Psychic instead.

For context's sake, HP Ice on Lando is for opposing Lando/Chomp/sometimes Gliscor. Fast Rotom-W deals with Jolly Bisharp and offensive M-Zor, which can take advantage of Lando-T and TTar respectively. Double status because even if you switch Lando to Scarf and Tyranitar to Rocks + Chople, this team doesn't appreciate faster threats. The other tech moves (Heal Block, WispTect) are already explained.

Voting lasts until Saturday October 1st at 11:00 PM GMT -5. May the best one win!

Reactions: zbr
Voting time!

Team 1

Nice bulky core here, gives quite a bit of problems for balance teams to handle. I started by adding Heatran to the core, which I knew would work well here. I went on to add Keldeo to help with things like Bisharp and Tyranitar, then added a Gengar to help with stall teams, and rounded off with Raikou for momentum and not lose automatically to Electrics, as Mega Latias alone could get worn down very very easily. I replaced Raikou with Rotom-W after some testing, as I thought that the team was way too weak to Sand teams. With Rotom-W, the build seemed to be tending towards a more balanced build. It was also very very weak to Mega Metagross. As such, I decided to replace Gengar with Gourgeist-XL, a very niche choice. With the addition of Gourgeist-XL, I decided to try replacing Keldeo with Tyranitar to break stall teams as well as Pursuit trap things like Hoopa-U which if given multiple switch ins would get a kill every time. At this point, I was mostly done with the build. However, the team was very weak to things like Bisharp and Charizard-X. A ground type was needed, but I liked that Rock typing, as Rotom-W alone gets worn down by Mega Pinsir, especially as I don't have recovery outside of Leftovers. I decided against Hippowdon, and went with Rhyperior because it looked better, and just stopped physical threats better.

Choice Scarf Heatran was chosen, as I needed some form of speed control on such a slow team. Rhyperior has Toxic for Azumarill, which is pretty dangerous, as Gourgeist-XL cannot outspeed unless I drop tons of bulk, and I only have Rotom-W, so I wanted to be able to lure it. The team basically aims to spread status and eventually set up with Mega Latias. I know that Gourgeist-XL without spikes is very weird - I heavily considered some other options, like Chesnaught (thanks SunnyORAS), Klefki, etc - but I didn't like it after testing it.

you belong with me (Latias) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Stored Power

make it to me (Togekiss) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

you found me (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

photograph (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

she will be loved (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 52 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

let her go (Rhyperior) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 228 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Team 2

- Latias CM stored power is so cool and works really well with his bulk and cool speed. Tbolt for general coverage and megaGyara. Max def to be surprinsingly bulky+takes better pursuit.
- Togekiss NP to break stall.
- Ferrothorn to have a dragon/fairy/steel core because it sounds cool. Twave to support team (mainly togekiss air slashes) and cripple really annoying mons for the team like megaZam.
- Keldeo restalk to counter dark spam (mainly weavile and bisharp who run through the team without keldeo).
- Tyranitar scarf for some annoying birds mainly.
- Excadrill to have hazard control + better speed control + he's a cool mon with all those scars.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Team 3

I thought with something like Mega Latias+Togekiss, the obvious way to go would be spike stacking balance.Hippowdon, and Ferrothorn get hazards on to the field, while Togekiss breaks stall with the NP/Air Slash/Bell set, while the Thunder Wave/Stun Spore spam from Rotom-W/MLatias/Ferrothorn cripple offensive teams, which allows Togekiss at some point to put in work even versus those squads. Keldeo, is just here so that I'd have something fast, that's able to exploit the hazards that have been laid on the field and the fact that it gives me an extra sharp check so that Hippowdon isn't overly pressured really helps. The team basically has ways to deal with most play styles, but does have trouble have trouble with some balance breakers like KyuB,MCross, and MMedi. The status spam also helps Keldeo just rip into teams, that have been chipped away at enough.

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpD / 176 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Roost

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Nasty Plot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Secret Sword

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 160 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Team 4

So first off i have the core M-Latias + Togekiss then i wanted to cover its weaknesses by adding good teammates. First off was Keldeo because it can switch into Bisharp , Weavile and its stabs Steel , Ice , and Dark which gives this core trouble. Then Stuff like Talonflame, Clefable , Gardevior, M-Venusaur, etc Give this team trouble so i thought heatran would a perfect pokemon to help the team out resisting Fairy , Poison, Flying , Grass , Fire , Ice, etc. this also gives us our rocks. next was Gliscor because i needed something that can help vs stall and a bulky ground with recovery. Gliscor fits this perfectly. Next up is Ferrothorn. i wanted another water resist and spikes along with Utility. and another steel because those fairy and psychc types can get out of hand lol. next i will explain the sets

Mega-Latias has its CM Bolt-Beam set which has great coverage. Timid Nature . 248 HP ,68 Def , and 192 Speed to outspeed max speed garchomp.
Next is Togekiss. I chose to run a defog set because hazards on my side can be hurtful to my team and pressure me. I don't think a nasty plot set is needed because my SD Gliscor + Support + Hazards from my team members already can handle fat teams. Bold Nature. 248 HP, 240 Def, 20 speed to not get 2 hit ko'ed by latios's Psyshock even after rocks. 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Togekiss: 129-152 (34.5 - 40.7%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery. And 20 speed ev's to outspeed M-Venusaur if needed.
Next is Keldeo which is our Dark , Steel , Ice Resistance pokemon. and speed control pokemon being able to outspeed a lot of the meta with its scarf. I Choose the scarf set because this team lacked speed which was bad so i put a scarf on to outspeed pokemon that danger this team and could late game sweep.
Next up is Heatran. its SpD Set fits on this team being able to put on rocks, switch into Talonflame, Ferrothorn , Clefable , and M-Venusaur pretty safely while being able to toxic and taunt stuff and burn pokemon with lava plume. Next is Gliscor with EQ , Roost , SD , and Stone egde. This SD set can be very good vs certain balance and stall teams and being a status absorber. Stone edge can catch people off guard when they think their Talonflame, Togekiss etc are safe and you just surprise them with those flying stones. Last is Ferrothorn for the support. Leech seed for recovery , Spikes, Knock Off to take away a pokemon's Item, and Gyro Ball

This team has 3 win conditions. Set up hazards. Weaken the other teams pokemon then Late Game Sweep with CM M-Latias or Scarf keldeo or win with Gliscor.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 176 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

This was for round 24 but since there is no way in hell Im copying the entire hall of fame from past thread... lets start fresh on this one, shall we? This is for "week 1" now.

Voting goes until friday night, 9:30 PM to be exact, GMT -5

MrAldo

Hey
And Team 1 by FlamingVictini has won this teambuilding round! Congratulations, will be added to the hall of fame sooner or later :)

3 or 4 more rounds (probably 5) are left so yeah, lets make the best out of it

Moving on!

ROUND 52:

Something simple. Zapdos have been "stolen" from the UU neighbors a while ago and many people, including myself, wondered why this rose back to OU out of nowhere when it wasnt even that good. Well, it got better by the time, but not to the point it should be OU but thats just my opinion. Boring story aside, the challenge is building with/Around Zapdos.

Teambuilding round lasts until Saturday at 10:30 PM GMT -5. Good luck!

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Reversal
- Aerial Ace / Stone Edge

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Spe
Lonely Nature
IVs: 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp

Alomomola @ Eject Button
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Zapdos is a decent addition to Wonder Trio, since he can control Clefable Stealth Rock + Thunder Wave.
Alomomola Eject Button to take a Lava Plume Heatran / Ttar move and be able to safe switch to Dugtrio. Maybe Mirror Coat can replace Toxic, or not.
Chansey to cure and absorb status without run unnecessary Heal Bell PP, thanks to Natural Cure.
Dugtrio Stone Edge for Volcarona or Aerial Ace to remove Breloom after Stealth Rock and LO Recoil.
Probably already existed some teams based on Wonder Trio + Zapdos but ... This is ORAS.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 96 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Stun Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

I decided to go for Discharge Zapdos because of the extra paralyze chance which can come in handy versus things that think can freely switch into a Tbolt or Volt Switch. The rest of the set is standard, however I changed the EV spread to 96+ SpA so you can still OHKO Mega Pinsir

Mega Metagross is a super strong fast attacker and I went with the standard Jolly 4Atk set. Ice Punch over ThunderPunch or Bullet Punch because I don't feel like priority is necessary and catching chomps and landos on switches is hot

Choice Band Tyranitar hits super super hard and has an easier time trapping a lot of stuff. I really like being able to trap stuff with ttar but missing out on a latios ohko with scarf is pretty nasty. also crunch just wears down common switch ins much much easier and makes it very difficult for the opponent to switch in

amoonguss is a super nice defensive pokemon being able to defensively pivot so many things is ridiculous. spore + stun spore is really fantastic because some people will feel forced to switch out with their sleeping mon into their amoong check. stun sporing a mega pinsir or tornadus-therian is just hilarious :D
also clear smog wasn't necessary because we have megagross which can shut down CM clef anyway and amoonguss gets dealt with quite easily with amoong/keld

i felt choice scarf keld was the way to go, you still miss out on quite a bit of speed if you don't run scarf on ttar and i just in general really like the revenge killing that scarf keld offers, even though I guess you could go for specs here too if you're confident enough with some matchups

and i went with the very boring clefable here, i still need a rock setter. thunder wave utility is nice even though i guess you could just run toxic if you're not too confident with stall matchups or unaware if you don't feel too confident with your azu/opposing clef matchup

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Steel Wing
I started with three-attacks Zapdos because I don't like its Defog set and I fucking love Static. SR Atk-invested Mega Diancie keeps status and hazards away from Zapdos while setting up rocks (even against stall) to net it KOs; the spread lets it perform against Heatran and standard Clefable. Standard Bisharp dissuades defoggers from removing Diancie's rocks (Zapdos scares the spinners), and also clicks Knock Off on things Diancie hates. It also capitalizes on Zapdos's paralysis support to sweep. Tbolt bulky Starmie spins, has longevity vs. stall & status users, and checks Water and Ground-types. AV Conkeldurr is a special tank that makes status users uncomfortable and also checks Thundurus and Weavile nicely (and fills out Dark/Psychic/Fighting). CB Talonflame is the revenge killer, backup Ground immunity, and Fairy check.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)