[OU] The "Undead" Army

The "Undead" Army

Well, this team is focused on hyper offense. It is based around Life Orb Offensive CM Raikou. It has a defensive pokemon, but it is for the completion of the core.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The story:

I wanted to build one of my teams around the new Raikou, with Aura Sphere, and tried to do my best.

Raikou’s most crippling weakness (and only) is ground. Gengar tends to force switches a lot and set up subs, so I decided it would be the best choice. Also, I see that most teams tend to send in Scarfgon at my Raikou (after all I would do the same).

I tried to seriously build a core on my team, and after all, it matched with my style. Interestingly, I got two revenge killers in it. Which I really like.

After all, all teams need a lead. Why not my idea of an anti-lead?

THE TEAM

“TacoBelly” @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Defense.
Nature: Adamant
Earthquake
Trick (changed from Fire Punch)
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak

Role: Lead

Have you ever faced this guy? I think not, really. It’s one of the anti-leads i developed with caution. It is immune to the everlasting Fake Out and Explosion.
It is really bulky, and with the choice band, really threatening. His only real counters are Swampert and Machamp.
Earthquake is the most powerful move he has. It just counters LeadGross, Ttar and LeadApe perfectly, besides from (obviously) countering LeadTran. It is also his most powerful move to hurt Swampert or coming with a late game appearance. Trick cripples Forretress, Skarmory and Hippowdon, which Fire Punch did not. Ice Punch is Dusk’s best move against LeadNite, Aero, Gliscor and Flygon.(remember what I said about the Scarfgon Abuse?). Shadow Sneak was my attraction to this set. A banded STAB Shadow Sneak Can 2HKO most Pokemons weak to it, including Azelf, Froslass, and Gengar (1HKO). It also gives me (yet another) revenge killer.
It can’t be OHKOed by common attacks. For a quick examination, CB Absol’s Sucker Punch does 112.9% - 133.3% to this spread. And it is a super effective STAB move at +1 coming from a base 130 attacker.

Raikou @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Nature: Rash (only legal nature)
Aura Sphere
Hidden Power Ice
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt

Role:Setup Sweeper/ Special Hard Hitter

The pokemon that I based this team on. It 1HKOes many things just with its non-boosted T-Bolt. But after it sets up a CM, It 1HKOes anything that isn’t named Blissey or Snorlax. It is indeed a setup sweeper (finally not a revenge killer!)
Aura Sphere gets Magnezone (resists Electric / Ice) and normal types whose you can’t deal with a non boosted T-Bolt.Hidden Power Ice makes great coverage with Thunderbolt, and gets Gliscor/Dragonite by surprise, which really helps my team.
Thunderbolt is a STAB move, and, with LO, Deals as much damage as it could.
Some Interesting calcs:
+1 HP Ice vs 252/104 Careful Hippo = 81.4% - 96.2%
T-Bolt vs 248/0 Neutral Nature Scizor = 71.1% - 84%
Aura Sphere vs 0/4 Neutral Natured Heatran = 83.6% - 98.5%
Note: I tend to setup at least 1 CM for every match.

“Perv” @Life Orb
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Substitute

Role: Hard Special Hitter/ Sub Switcher/ Scarfgon Trap
My second sweeper. It is fast as hell and has perfect coverage with Focus Blast + Shadow Ball. Hitting hard is his job.
Shadow Ball is for STAB, hitting hard.
Focus Blast hits Steel types super effectively.
T-Bolt hits Gyara and Normal/flying types.
As i said, this is basically a Scarfgon trap. I found amusing how many scarfgons come in my Raikou, So i used a Substitute set for safety, once Gengar is frail as hell. I could use Rotom but i think it isn´t worth the Special Attack drop.
It is a common set, so I have not much to talk
about.

"Peace" @ Leftovers (Changed from Breloom)
EVs:,204 HP, 102 Special Defense, 204 Special Attack
Nature: Calm
Earth Power
Rest
Seed Flare
HP Fire

Role:Core #1/ Tank

This set is supposed to counter some threats, like Scarftran, Empoleon, Swampert, Scizor etc...
Earth Power is my most powerful non-STAB move. It hits Steels and Electric Types hard.
Seed Flare is my STAB, and even with its shaky accuracy, it still can SPdef lower and be VERY powerful.
HP Fire hits other grass types and Steel Types for VERY good damage.
Rest heals yourself, and is a great combination with Natural Cure.

“ChuckNorris” @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 204 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 54 attack
Nature: Naive
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Stealh Rocks
Explosion (Changed from HP electric)

Role: Core #2/ Hard Hitter

A ScarfTran. As one of the only Fire types who resist SR, Heatran is definitely a good addition.
Fire Blast is it´s main STAB move. Even when it is not super effective, it still destroys everything that isn’t named Blissey or Snorlax.
Earth Power counters other Heatrans and Other Fire types, like Ape.
Stealth Rocks is a gimmicky move. It FAKES a non-scarf Tran, and it gives me that good SR support. (Suggested by LazyBoy)
Explosion is a last resort. Only using it at low health, you can beat Blissey, Snorlax, and non- mentioned Special walls.
Lets do some calcs with the current EV spread/nature:
Explosion vs 252/252 Bold Bliss = 88.1% - 103.8%
Fire Blast vs 252/0 Bold Cress: 34.5% - 40.5%
Fire Blast vs 128/0 Neutral Machamp : 61.5% - 72.5%

Da Boss @Choice Band (changed from Leftovers)
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed
Ability: Huge Power
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Superpower (changed from Focus Punch)
Return (changed from Substitute)

Role: Revenge killer/ Blissey counter/ Core #3

The offensive core’s last mon, Azumarill. An equivalent to 150 base attack may be already much, but giving it a Choice Band...
Aqua Jet gives me a priority STAB move, and my main revenge killing move.
Ice Punch counters Dnite, Gliscor, Flying types and Scarfgon. (I know I can take an Outrage/EQ)
Superpower is is my main counter to Bliss and Lax. Besides, it is my most powerful move.
Return gives it Water/ Normal coverage, which is always good.

Counter List:
Sub Split Gengar: It can sweep my team once azumarril and Gengar are eliminated. I need a suggestion.

SORRY FOR THE RAIKOU FAIL PIC.

Fairly respectable team, I would recommend a Flygon, if possible as it's a Dragon / Ground type immune to ALL ground type attacks (Including Stealth Rocks), it can learn Earthquake, and it has devastating speed (when EV trained). Just an opinion.

Alright running through your team:

Starting with your lead, Dusknoir. While original, it could use some tuning up. You should definitely put trick onto Dusknoir, as having a CB Noir the whole game is kind of a burden. Since you seem to like Ice Punch, replace Fire Punch instead. Forretress won't appreciate being Choice Banded, and your Heatran laughs at Scizors. Your team isn't bulky and if Dusknoir gets some leftovers, he can be much harder to take down.

I like your Raikou/Gengar combo, and thunderbolt seems like a better choice than HP Fire or Ice on your Gengar because of the composition of your team. Well done. Substitute Gengar is one of my favorite sets, and it seems to work very well on your team.

CeleTran core is pretty good, but why do you run 204 Special Attack on Heatran? You're missing some EVs, or maybe it's just a typo.

Also, I would run Superpower over Focus Punch on Azumarill, and Waterfall over Substitute. Due to Azu's low speed, it's not going to be getting up a lot of subs. Also, what do you do to a full HP pokemon? Try to aqua jet it to death? Set up a sub? It seems kinda gimmicky, you need something that can hit things hard and not just revenge kill. Focus punch also seems gimmicky on a revenge killer. Superpower will still do a TON to Blissey (who rarely has full HP when she switches in anyway)

That being said, stealth rock support would also be very nice on your team, Azumarill, Raikou, Gengar, and Heatran will all get way more OHKOs with stealth rock than without.

Anyways, nice team.

Alright running through your team:

Starting with your lead, Dusknoir. While original, it could use some tuning up. You should definitely put trick onto Dusknoir, as having a CB Noir the whole game is kind of a burden. Since you seem to like Ice Punch, replace Fire Punch instead. Forretress won't appreciate being Choice Banded, and your Heatran laughs at Scizors. Your team isn't bulky and if Dusknoir gets some leftovers, he can be much harder to take down.
I really appreciate that. You are correct in every way, so i will replace it in the set, thank you.

I like your Raikou/Gengar combo, and thunderbolt seems like a better choice than HP Fire or Ice on your Gengar because of the composition of your team. Well done. Substitute Gengar is one of my favorite sets, and it seems to work very well on your team.
I thought about that when i was making the team. It makes a good offensive synergy, which i can't lose.

CeleTran core is pretty good, but why do you run 204 Special Attack on Heatran? You're missing some EVs, or maybe it's just a typo.
I added 54 Attack points, so that i have a chance to 1HKO Bliss with Explosion.

Also, I would run Superpower over Focus Punch on Azumarill, and Waterfall over Substitute. Due to Azu's low speed, it's not going to be getting up a lot of subs. Also, what do you do to a full HP pokemon? Try to aqua jet it to death? Set up a sub? It seems kinda gimmicky, you need something that can hit things hard and not just revenge kill. Focus punch also seems gimmicky on a revenge killer. Superpower will still do a TON to Blissey (who rarely has full HP when she switches in anyway)
I think that you are wrong. Azumarill forces a lot of switches, and setting up a Sub on a switch to, like, Zapdos is always really nice. And if i have a sub up, why not Focus Punch?

I think that you are wrong. Azumarill forces a lot of switches, and setting up a Sub on a switch to, like, Zapdos is always really nice. And if i have a sub up, why not Focus Punch?
Sure, it's your team. Just be wary that Azumarill isn't going to get a lot done by itself. It's gonna need support (which don't get me wrong, you have.)

Hm...

The Undead Army

Well, this team is focused on hyper offense. It is based around Life Orb Offensive CM Raikou. It has a defensive pokemon, but it is for the completion of the core.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The story:

I wanted to build one of my teams around the new Raikou, with Aura Sphere, and tried to do my best.

Raikou’s most crippling weakness (and only) is ground. Gengar tends to force switches a lot and set up subs, so I decided it would be the best choice. Also, I see that most teams tend to send in Scarfgon at my Raikou (after all I would do the same).

I tried to seriously build a core on my team, and after all, it matched with my style. Interestingly, I got two revenge killers in it. Which I really like.

After all, all teams need a lead. Why not my idea of an anti-lead?

THE TEAM

“TacoBelly” @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Special Defense.
Earthquake
Trick (changed from Fire Punch)
Ice Punch
Shadow Sneak

Role: Lead

Have you ever faced this guy? I think not, really. It’s one of the anti-leads i developed with caution. It is immune to the everlasting Fake Out and Explosion.
It is really bulky, and with the choice band, really threatening. His only real counters are Swampert and Machamp.
Earthquake is the most powerful move he has. It just counters LeadGross, Ttar and LeadApe perfectly, besides from (obviously) countering LeadTran. It is also his most powerful move to hurt Swampert or coming with a late game appearance. Trick cripples Forretress, Skarmory and Hippowdon, which Fire Punch did not. Ice Punch is Dusk’s best move against LeadNite, Aero, Gliscor and Flygon.(remember what I said about the Scarfgon Abuse?). Shadow Sneak was my attraction to this set. A banded STAB Shadow Sneak Can 2HKO most Pokemons weak to it, including Azelf, Froslass, and Gengar ( 1HKO). It also gives me (yet another) revenge killer.
It can’t be OHKOed by common attacks. For a quick examination, CB Absol’s Sucker Punch does 112.9% - 133.3% to this spread. And it is a super effective STAB move at +1 coming from a base 130 attacker.

Raikou @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP.
Nature: Rash (only legal nature)
Aura Sphere
Hidden Power Ice
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt

Role:Setup Sweeper/ Special Hard Hitter

The pokemon that I based this team on. It 1HKOes many things just with its non-boosted T-Bolt. But after it sets up a CM, It 1HKOes anything that isn’t named Blissey or Snorlax. It is indeed a setup sweeper (finally not a revenge killer!)
Aura Sphere gets Magnezone (resists Electric / Ice) and normal types whose you can’t deal with a non boosted T-Bolt.Hidden Power Ice makes great coverage with Thunderbolt, and gets Gliscor/Dragonite by surprise, which really helps my team.
Thunderbolt is a STAB move, and, with LO, Deals as much damage as it could.
Some Interesting calcs:
+1 HP Ice vs 252/104 Careful Hippo = 81.4% - 96.2%
T-Bolt vs 248/0 Neutral Nature Scizor = 71.1% - 84%
Aura Sphere vs 0/4 Neutral Natured Heatran = 83.6% - 98.5%
Note: I tend to setup at least 1 CM for every match.

“Perv” @Life Orb
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Substitute

Role: Hard Special Hitter/ Sub Switcher/ Scarfgon Trap
My second sweeper. It is fast as hell and has perfect coverage with Focus Blast + Shadow Ball. Hitting hard is his job.
Shadow Ball is for STAB, hitting hard.
Focus Blast hits Steel types super effectively.
T-Bolt hits Gyara and Normal/flying types.
As i said, this is basically a Scarfgon trap. I found amusing how many scarfgons come in my Raikou, So i used a Substitute set for safety, once Gengar is frail as hell. I could use Rotom but i think it isn´t worth the Special Attack drop.
It is a common set, so I have not much to talk
about.

"Peace" @ Leftovers (Changed from Breloom)
EVs: 252 HP, 106 Special Attack, 152 Speed
Nature: Modest
Protect
Leech Seed
Seed Flare
HP Fire

Role:Core #1/ Leech Seed Staller

Okay, replacing my Breloom is this Shaymin. It is my one and only defensive pokemon.
As a combo, Protect + Leech Seed are great. Protect gives you a free turn of recover/damage with Leech Seed.
In case a Grass type Blocks my way, i have HP fire to take it down.
Let's see:
HP Fire vs 0/4 Neutral Celebi and Shaymin = 36.4% - 42.8% = 3HKO
HP Fire vs 4/0 Neutral Breloom = 71% - 84%
Seed Flare just owns Vaporeons/Gyaras/Cunes. Also it helps a lot against Hippos and TTars.
Tanking examples:
Fire Punch from Jolly Rachi = 33.7% - 40.1%
Flametrower from Modest Azelf = 65.3% - 77.2%

“ChuckNorris” @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 204 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 54 attack
Nature: Naive
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Explosion (Changed from HP electric)

Role: Core #2/ Hard Hitter

A ScarfTran. As one of the only Fire types who resist SR, Heatran is definitely a good addition.
Fire Blast is it´s main STAB move. Even when it is not super effective, it still destroys everything that isn’t named Blissey or Snorlax.
Earth Power counters other Heatrans and Other Fire types, like Ape.
Dragon Pulse Counters Dragonite, besides being only resisted by steels, giving Heatran perfect (or nearly) coverage.
Explosion is a last resort. Only using it at low health, you can beat Blissey, Snorlax, and non- mentioned Special walls.
It is also common set so I can’t say much about it.
Lets do some calcs with the current ev spread/nature:
Explosion vs 252/252 Bold Bliss = 88.1% - 103.8%
Fire Blast vs 252/0 Bold Cress: 34.5% - 40.5%
Fire Blast vs 128/0 Machamp : 61.5% - 72.5%
Dragon Pulse vs 0/0 Dnite = 59.4% - 70%

Da Boss @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Speed
Ability: Huge Power
Aqua Jet
Ice Punch
Focus Punch
Substitute

Role: Revenge killer/ Blissey counter/ Core #3

The offensive core’s last mon, Azumarill. An equivalent to 150 base attack may be already much, but giving Focus Punch to it is TOO CHEAP, GAMEFREAK.
Aqua Jet gives me a priority STAB move, and my main revenge killing move.
Ice Punch counters Dnite, Gliscor, Flying types and Scarfgon. (I know I can take an Outrage/EQ)
Focus Punch is just ownage. My main counter to Bliss, thanks to the 101 HP subs.
I will run calcs:
Focus Punch vs 252/252 Bold Bliss = 100.8% - 118.8%
Aqua Jet vs 4/0 Neutral Lucario = 38.4% - 45.2% <- Azumarril takes ES and Vacuum waves pretty well, so it sure means something.
Aqua Jet vs 4/0 Neutral Rachi = 23.8% - 28.2% <- Takes an Iron Head suffering 16.3% - 19.3%.

Counter List:
Sub Split Gengar: It can sweep my team once azumarril and Gengar are eliminated. I need a suggestion.
GyaraSkarmBliss: Fixed by Explosion Heatran and Shaymin.
Not sure what to think of this. I know you based this team off of offensive Pokemon, but there are better ways to do it (Not to say I agree with a completely offensive team, anyways). Bronzong has decent Attack with good Defenses. Same story for Snorlax, whom has an awesome movepool. Milotic and Gyarados are also good Special Walls with good Attacking stats. Forretress can also wall the opponent while striking with a base 90 Attack. Rhyperior, Vaporeon, Espeon. They all have good defenses with good Attacks / Special Attacks. Try a more balanced team...

Not sure what to think of this. I know you based this team off of offensive Pokemon, but there are better ways to do it (Not to say I agree with a completely offensive team, anyways). Bronzong has decent Attack with good Defenses. Same story for Snorlax, whom has an awesome movepool. Milotic and Gyarados are also good Special Walls with good Attacking stats. Forretress can also wall the opponent while striking with a base 90 Attack. Rhyperior, Vaporeon, Espeon. They all have good defenses with good Attacks / Special Attacks. Try a more balanced team...

"Well, this team is focused on hyper offense" The first phrase explains it all...
It is my thinking, but if you like Balanced teams, it is your preference.

An interesting team, but i think the lack of any entry hazards (particularly SR) really hinders the team. Threats such as Gyarados (especially jolly LO variants) and Dragonite can pose massive threats to the team, either by setting up on a number of pokes (gyara can set up on azumarill at -1 attack, heatran locked into either fire blast or earth power, dusknoir on anything other than trick really) and dragonite can either wreck teams with the mixed variant or begin sweeping with DD (heatran does help against DDnite, but unless you're sure it's a DD variant, you can risk heatran taking alot of damage switching into attacks. My suggestion would be to possibly use a wish + calm mind variant of jirachi. This helps with the mixnite problems b providing a more reliable switch to draco meteor (taking some pressure off of heatran) and with a spread of 252 HP/ 220 def (standard for the set) it allows jirachi to survive a +1 LO EQ from gyara and ohko with thunderbolt, I would suggest replacing raikou with this set, as it performs the same roles, calm mind sweeping, luring in scarfgon whilst providing wish support for the other team members.

With the addition of jirachi, i also suggest a few minor changes. For example, this set cures your GyaraSkarmBliss problem that was "sorted" by explosion tran, so i would possibly consider using stealth rock on heatran. Whilst this may seem counter intuitive for a scarf set, it allows you to scout for switches and then being able to react appropriately on heatrans next switchin. It also helps with problem threats like Gyara/Dnite as well as netting your other pokes more KOs. Plus with heatran being entrusted to revenge so many different threats, sacrificing him with explosion is probably not the best idea.

Also, I would agree with bigelow about replacing substitute on azumarill. I don't deny the fact that he can force plenty of switches, my main concern is that (apart from heatran, which can be seen from a mile away) azumarill is your only semi-reliable heatran switchin. Especially if it's a substitute version of heatran, it will wreck at least 1 of your pokes as you break its sub, and seeing as currently heatran gets a free switchin against a number of pokes (heatran on anything bar earth power, same for dusknoir bar EQ, any move on shaymin) meaning it can have mutiple chances to wreak havoc. A more reliable bulky water would help alot, possibly starmie if you wish to keep the offensive nature of the team, would help alot. It would also help against some of the problem pokes if you choose to use the jirachi set i suggested earlie, dealing with heatran and infenape, 2 common pokes capable of stopping jirachis sweep.

Thats all the major problems I've noticed, any other problems can generally be dealt with by careful switching, though 1 wrong prediction could be trouble against alot of pokes

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with the team!

*smiles*

An interesting team, but i think the lack of any entry hazards (particularly SR) really hinders the team. Threats such as Gyarados (especially jolly LO variants) and Dragonite can pose massive threats to the team, either by setting up on a number of pokes (gyara can set up on azumarill at -1 attack, heatran locked into either fire blast or earth power, dusknoir on anything other than trick really) and dragonite can either wreck teams with the mixed variant or begin sweeping with DD (heatran does help against DDnite, but unless you're sure it's a DD variant, you can risk heatran taking alot of damage switching into attacks. My suggestion would be to possibly use a wish + calm mind variant of jirachi. This helps with the mixnite problems b providing a more reliable switch to draco meteor (taking some pressure off of heatran) and with a spread of 252 HP/ 220 def (standard for the set) it allows jirachi to survive a +1 LO EQ from gyara and ohko with thunderbolt, I would suggest replacing raikou with this set, as it performs the same roles, calm mind sweeping, luring in scarfgon whilst providing wish support for the other team members.

With the addition of jirachi, i also suggest a few minor changes. For example, this set cures your GyaraSkarmBliss problem that was "sorted" by explosion tran, so i would possibly consider using stealth rock on heatran. Whilst this may seem counter intuitive for a scarf set, it allows you to scout for switches and then being able to react appropriately on heatrans next switchin. It also helps with problem threats like Gyara/Dnite as well as netting your other pokes more KOs. Plus with heatran being entrusted to revenge so many different threats, sacrificing him with explosion is probably not the best idea.

Also, I would agree with bigelow about replacing substitute on azumarill. I don't deny the fact that he can force plenty of switches, my main concern is that (apart from heatran, which can be seen from a mile away) azumarill is your only semi-reliable heatran switchin. Especially if it's a substitute version of heatran, it will wreck at least 1 of your pokes as you break its sub, and seeing as currently heatran gets a free switchin against a number of pokes (heatran on anything bar earth power, same for dusknoir bar EQ, any move on shaymin) meaning it can have mutiple chances to wreak havoc. A more reliable bulky water would help alot, possibly starmie if you wish to keep the offensive nature of the team, would help alot. It would also help against some of the problem pokes if you choose to use the jirachi set i suggested earlie, dealing with heatran and infenape, 2 common pokes capable of stopping jirachis sweep.

Thats all the major problems I've noticed, any other problems can generally be dealt with by careful switching, though 1 wrong prediction could be trouble against alot of pokes

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with the team!
You seem to be right, but what should I switch out for Jirachi and Starmie?
I seem to be pressured to take out my lead, so that I can have SR support, so that would be the Rachi switch. But what about Starmie?

If I took out Substitute from Azuma, I would have no reasons whatsoever to don't run a CB set.

I wish you luck, because from my view, you are a good player.

Well, as i stated, jirachi for raikou seems like a pretty straight swap. They both serve basically the same role as each other, sweeping with calm mind, luring in scarfgon etc.

However, the switch between azumarill and starmie (seeing as they are both water types) is a bit more difficult. Whilst they both share similar resistances, they have completely different counters/checks. One of the main problems I can see if you do choose to use starmie, is that a large portion of your team becomes specially based, making special walls a bit of a problem (although its not as bad as it seems, both jirachi and shaymin would be more than able to beat bliss/lax 1v1)

I actually dont have a problem with the lead, although CB Noir seems like an odd choice, in practice it has some pretty good matchups as a lead. Dusknoir is slower than machamp, so it only takes a 50 BP payback, which is nice, it can 2hko azelf leads and trick bulky leads like hippowdon/swampert. As long as you have stealth rock somewhere on your team, the lead position isn't too much of a problem.

Also, can I ask why you chose Shaymin to replace breloom? at the moment breloom seems like a much superior choice. This is because whilst you have many ways to beat bliss 1v1, you listed azumarill as your "blissey-counter", but this is shaky at best. As blissey is usually seen on stall teams, entry hazards are likely to be set down (lets say for example SR and 1 layer of spikes, probably mid way trhough the game) and you're switching azumarill into blissey. Best case scenario you switch into softboiled/wish/aromatherapy and force it out, but even then after a substitute + 2 turns of lefties + entry hazards, you've lost 37% health right there, meaning you're "counter" can only switch in 3 times at most. Worst case scenario, you switch into seismic toss or toxic. This ups the damage taken to 67% (29% from seismic toss + hazards + sub + lefites x2) or if you switch into toxic it's 55% (18% from 2 turns of toxic, 24% from hazards, -12% from lefties, 25% from sub), which is hardly ideal. This can somewhat be alleivated without the use of substitute, but a raw focus punch is risky at best. Whereas breloom, especially leech seed variants, can switch in much more readily, especially if toxic orb has already been activated.

But anyway, for fear of boring you to death, i'll stop rambling. Good luck with the team.

p.s Thanks for the view and just to let you know, this is PeaceKeeper :P

Well, as i stated, jirachi for raikou seems like a pretty straight swap. They both serve basically the same role as each other, sweeping with calm mind, luring in scarfgon etc.

However, the switch between azumarill and starmie (seeing as they are both water types) is a bit more difficult. Whilst they both share similar resistances, they have completely different counters/checks. One of the main problems I can see if you do choose to use starmie, is that a large portion of your team becomes specially based, making special walls a bit of a problem (although its not as bad as it seems, both jirachi and shaymin would be more than able to beat bliss/lax 1v1)

I actually dont have a problem with the lead, although CB Noir seems like an odd choice, in practice it has some pretty good matchups as a lead. Dusknoir is slower than machamp, so it only takes a 50 BP payback, which is nice, it can 2hko azelf leads and trick bulky leads like hippowdon/swampert. As long as you have stealth rock somewhere on your team, the lead position isn't too much of a problem.

Also, can I ask why you chose Shaymin to replace breloom? at the moment breloom seems like a much superior choice. This is because whilst you have many ways to beat bliss 1v1, you listed azumarill as your "blissey-counter", but this is shaky at best. As blissey is usually seen on stall teams, entry hazards are likely to be set down (lets say for example SR and 1 layer of spikes, probably mid way trhough the game) and you're switching azumarill into blissey. Best case scenario you switch into softboiled/wish/aromatherapy and force it out, but even then after a substitute + 2 turns of lefties + entry hazards, you've lost 37% health right there, meaning you're "counter" can only switch in 3 times at most. Worst case scenario, you switch into seismic toss or toxic. This ups the damage taken to 67% (29% from seismic toss + hazards + sub + lefites x2) or if you switch into toxic it's 55% (18% from 2 turns of toxic, 24% from hazards, -12% from lefties, 25% from sub), which is hardly ideal. This can somewhat be alleivated without the use of substitute, but a raw focus punch is risky at best. Whereas breloom, especially leech seed variants, can switch in much more readily, especially if toxic orb has already been activated.

But anyway, for fear of boring you to death, i'll stop rambling. Good luck with the team.

p.s Thanks for the view and just to let you know, this is PeaceKeeper :P
My breloom was an SD variant, and his only attacks were Seed Bomb and Mach Punch. But let's say I ran a SubSeed loom.

A Spore could easily be predicted and force a switch into something else, lets say RestTalk Gyara. While with a poke that can attack while sleeping and in a situation whose you can't Spore anymore, That would be a big hole, specially if the stall team runs Tran or Shaymin/ Celebi. Heatran can live Seed Bombs with ease and Sub on a Focus Punch, if I carried it. Shaymin/Celebi could HP fire me, while being imune to Leech Seed and resistant to Seed Bomb. And Celebi even resists Focus Punches.

It seems like an odd choice at first, but Shaymin gives my team a good synergy and it IS a big loss.

Also, about the Jirachi stuff, I also have a problem. As you see, I builded the team around Raikou, and it is a big loss if I switched it.

I could follow your suggestion and give Heatran SR. It seems better than HP Ice or Dragon Pulse.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i see a touch of a starmie weakness if shaymin has been removed.

against it you could bring in raikou, but, starmie will outrun due to timid nature, and hydro pump will have a high chance to defeat raikou with rocks damage and 1 LO recoil

i see a touch of a starmie weakness if shaymin has been removed.

against it you could bring in raikou, but, starmie will outrun due to timid nature, and hydro pump will have a high chance to defeat raikou with rocks damage and 1 LO recoil
*Facepalm*

73.6% - 87% Hydro Pump on Raikou coming from an LO Starmie.Not even Koes with SR and has A chance of KOing with 1 LO recoil, but probably I will not be with it, because I usually use Raikou late game.

Shaymin's moveset is odd for a hyper offensive team. Leech Seed works best on teams with lots on entry hazards. Without them, the opponent loses nothing by switching out after being Seeded. The special attacker set works much better for your team, allowing you to maintain offensive pressure.

Shaymin@Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid/Modest Nature, 252SpA/4Sp.D/252Spe
Seed Flare
HP Fire
Earth Power
Rest

You already know the benefits of HP Fire and Seed Flare. Earth Power allows Shaymin to actually beat Heatran (unless its holding a Scarf or Shuca Berry). Rest allows her to heal back up, and works perfectly with Natural Cure.

I've faced your lead before, and the first time it took out a few of my 'Mons just from the surprise factor. However, in our subsequent battles I beat it pretty easily. In tournaments, I love the idea; but if you're using this team for laddering I would use a more conventional Stealth Rock lead. Azelf is a great choice, Almost always getting up Rocks and KOing a pokemon with its powerful explosion.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Hasty Nature, 4 HP, 252SpA, 252Spe
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Psychic/Fire Blast
Taunt

Stealth Rock racks up damage quickly, and facilitates your sweep. Explosion almost always takes something down, while Taunt stops other leads from setting up. Psychic is for STAB, while Fire Blast has better overall coverage.

Good Luck!

Shaymin's moveset is odd for a hyper offensive team. Leech Seed works best on teams with lots on entry hazards. Without them, the opponent loses nothing by switching out after being Seeded. The special attacker set works much better for your team, allowing you to maintain offensive pressure.

Shaymin@Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid/Modest Nature, 252SpA/4Sp.D/252Spe
Seed Flare
HP Fire
Earth Power
Rest

You already know the benefits of HP Fire and Seed Flare. Earth Power allows Shaymin to actually beat Heatran (unless its holding a Scarf or Shuca Berry). Rest allows her to heal back up, and works perfectly with Natural Cure.
I don't know what I was thinking when I made this Shaymin. I will get the moves of your set but Modify the EVs to survive some threats.

I've faced your lead before, and the first time it took out a few of my 'Mons just from the surprise factor. However, in our subsequent battles I beat it pretty easily. In tournaments, I love the idea; but if you're using this team for laddering I would use a more conventional Stealth Rock lead. Azelf is a great choice, Almost always getting up Rocks and KOing a pokemon with its powerful explosion.

Azelf@Focus Sash
Hasty Nature, 4 HP, 252SpA, 252Spe
Stealth Rock
Explosion
Psychic/Fire Blast
Taunt

Stealth Rock racks up damage quickly, and facilitates your sweep. Explosion almost always takes something down, while Taunt stops other leads from setting up. Psychic is for STAB, while Fire Blast has better overall coverage.

Good Luck!
I really have success with it in the ladder, and I really don't wanna lose it. I have that SR on the ScarfTran also for that surprise factor and for the SR (duh). So I really don't need another lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)