OU Underdogs

Ok please can we stop the random one liners as they are getting extremely annoying and are doing nothing to contribute to the discussion of rain offense so I'll just add rain pokemon to the threatlist and start a new discussion of stall. Tagging ShootingStarmie and Monte Cristo cause they are good fgts stall users in ou.
Stall literally lost a solid 60% of their best pokemon. Chansey is ded, Mega Venusaur is ded, Heatran is ded, ZardX is ded, hippo is ded, you get the point. Stall does still have a few good weapons, and replacements to that list do exist.

Amoongus will be the Mega Venusaur of this meta. Having not bad defensive typing, good bulk, and a solid defensive ability in regenerator, Amoongus will most likely be a staple on all stall teams here.

Quagsire is still Quagsire. Doesn't give a FUCK about your set up sweepers.

Blissey isn't outclassed anymore! Literally operates the same as Chansey with less bulk, not much to say here.

P2 has always been a decent wall, just mostly overshadowed by Chansey even though they preform very different roles. Now, P2 can stand out more easily as a standalone wall.

Sure, stall lost vital defensive Pokemon, but one of the reasons why said Pokemon were top threats in the first place was because of their ability to wall top-tier offensjve threats, most of which are banned.

To be honest, Mega Venusaur stall isn't as great as it used to be in the OU meta. As a matter of fact, Amoonguss is possibly even more popular among good stallers. A lot of great players use it as a pivot over Mega Venusaur for a number of reasons. Stallbreaker taunt w-o-w Victini seems good in this metagame as it has key resistances to combat the highly esteemed Mega Gardevoir. Of course, Mega Gardevoir can always ditch Calm Mind or Taunt for Shadow Ball, so it's still circumstantial. Mega Gardevoir is definitely suspect worthy.

Gonna go a little off-topic and talk about mah boi Mega-Medicham.

Essentially, it lost several of its biggest offensive checks in Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, and Aegislash, making it a lot easier to use and much more effective. Its Substitute set is as deadly as ever; set up a sub on a defensive mon, and you're ready to start tearing apart teams with your coverage.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Poison Jab / Fire Punch
- Substitute

High Jump Kick is much more spammable now due to the two main OU ghosts (Aegislash and Jellicent) being locked away in A rank. Zen Headbutt is dat secondary STAB. Poison Jab might seem a bit odd, but:

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham Poison Jab vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 304-358 (109.3 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

this calc actually means that Mega-Gard can't even check you on the turn it mega evolves, which allows you to keep on rekking with Medicham. Fire Punch is also a pretty legit option since it roasts Scizor. There are actually plenty of decent coverage options (Drain Punch to regain health after Sub, Thunder Punch for Gyara and Slowbro, Bullet Punch bc prio, etc..) that can go in that slot; it's up to you. The real selling point of the set is Substitute, which devastates opposing teams if you set it up as the opponent switches out.

So we have all kinda figured out Mega Gardevoir and Mega Megacham do work in this meta, so I'm gonna introduce a really cool offensive check to BOTH

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk

If you take a look at the current OU viability rankings, you'll notice a lot of the best Flying-type checks, as well as the birds themselves, are in the higher ranks. So what takes over as the next best flying type? Some would argue it's Staraptor's time to shine, but I'm gonna hype CROBAT instead for one reason: Infiltrator. With this ability, it'll bypass Substitute, making it one of the best offensive checks to Mega-Cham in the metagame. Take a look at this damage output:

252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 324-382 (116.5 - 137.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- DED
252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Medicham: 524-618 (200 - 235.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO <-- you just killed it TWICE
252 Atk Choice Band Crobat Brave Bird vs. -6 0 HP / 0- Def Sewaddle: 5512-6492 (2386.1 - 2810.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So if you want a solid check to the top 2 megas, or you just wanna spam Brave Bird a la Talonflame, give BandBat a try.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was actually building a OU stall team when I realized that I could actually use it within this metagame if I tweaked it just a little, so yeah, I can't wait for this to be implemented so that I can try it out!

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Specs or Scarf Ninetales could be really cool because no real good fire type competition and it enables mega houndoom and regular venusaur, extremely cool niche mon to use.

I am stall, I use stall, I will still sometimes use stall, stall is viable. ending stall command 2387 beep boop.

Alright I'm bumping this because imo it's one of my best creations ever and has a lot of potential considering how it combines ou with oms there is possibly a very large playerbase that could exist for this.

Alright I'm bumping this because imo it's one of my best creations ever and has a lot of potential considering how it combines ou with oms there is possibly a very large playerbase that could exist for this.
lol totally forgot about this meta. though it looks fun as shit oras is gonna be a pretty big shake up for this meta. either way i want to get back into this if anybody's down to play :]

EDIT: actual constructive thought, hydrei and noivern look pretty strong as some nice special dragons since there is a huge lack of the lati twins and with chomp being gone things like scarfed, banded, and defog flygon could all be pretty nice since everything that outclassed those sets is banned

canno

formerly The Reptile
ORAS soon makes bumping this now a maybe not amazing idea but whatever

So this meta has changed since we last left it before. For one, M-Garde and M-Medicham, top dogs of the meta, are gone due to now being A-Rank. We also have things like Breloom being usable. There's probably some other changes I didn't know about, but yeah Breloom looks really solid here with no bird to kill its face or mega venu to wall its shit. Obviously it still has problems with shit like Mandibuzz but it looks really solid overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)