[OU Warstory]Ghost battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK everybody ive been waiting to write a war story for a while now having read and been entertained by so many so here my shot at it. (skip the next paragraph if you don't care about the thoughts behind my team)

After I heard that the Heart Gold and Soul Silver moves had been added to the server I thought to myself I wonder what of those could be most useful to O apart form X. Speed dragonite and I decided that it was: Super fang Crobat, Head smash Aggron and Aqua Jet Feraligatr so I decided to make a team with them all in to try out in OU which ended up in making the team look like this.

My opponents team will be shown at the end of the story

Treebeard's moves will look like this.
darkvirus's moves will look like this.
other text will look like this.
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
Treebeard sent out Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).

darkvirus sent out Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).

So it appears im against the anti lead starmie which is a good match up for me as it will likely try and ko me with either thunderbolt or ice beam and there is 1 well known pokemon which resists both that I happen to have on my team and as I running max speed im conferment I will out speed with the U-turn and switch to a counter

Crobat used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 43% of its health.
darkvirus switched in Magnetron (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Starmie used Ice Beam.
It's not very effective...
Magnezone lost 21% of its health.
Magnezone was frozen solid!
Starmie lost 10% of its health.
---
darkvirus: rofl
Treebeard: What the hell. I actually froze it�

I think what my opponent said says it all that hurt a lot so now im annoyed this is my 1st turn on my 1st game of today O deer his next move will be to switch to a counter or try hydro pump which I resist meaning I see a switch coming so I keep zone in to scout and hope he unfreezes so ill thunderbolt and see what happens.

Treebeard switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).

Gyarados's intimidate cut Magnezone's attack!
Magnezone is frozen solid!

He brings in a gyrados now I wish I unfroze and took that thing down as it stops my SD gatr sweep due to resisting its stab and intimidate either he will EQ now or he will expect me to switch to a counter and DD up so I decide to sacrifice magnezone in hope of unfreezing again and TB that gyra or he dies and I can bring in my gengar and scare it off.

---
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.

My guess was right but I did not unfreeze meaning I now have a +1DD gyra to deal with which my opponent dose not realise sweeps this team clean so lets try unfreeze again and TB him as I don't think he will try get greedy and DD again in case I do unfreeze.

---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Magnezone lost 68% of its health.

Still no and now I have a dead zone.
---
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Magnezone lost 11% of its health.
darkvirus's Magnezone fainted.
(6-5)

I was waiting for this to happen now how to take down a +1 DD gyra either gengar can try scare him off but I don't carry thunderbolt or a scarf meaning if he is the standers full attack and speed gyra its GG if not crobat should still out speed and be able to hit home hard with super fang and get his health down.
---
darkvirus switched in Crobat (lvl 100 Crobat ?).

Crobat used Super Fang.
Gyarados lost 50% of its health.
Gyarados used Stone Edge.
It's super effective!
Crobat lost 100% of its health.
darkvirus's Crobat fainted.
(6-4)

Now looking back I realise he has to be a bulky gyra not just because I out speed and got Korea but as he waterfall'ed my zone and not Equated it as he must be carrying DD/SE/waterfall/taunt meaning I should be able to scare him out with gengar.
---
darkvirus switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).

As I don't carry Thunderbolt and he will be expecting ill use shadow ball to hit whatever comes in hard

Treebeard switched in Swam pert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Swampert lost 48% of its health.
Swampert's special defence was lowered.
Gengar lost 10% of its health.

So a swampert is his electric resist and I got a lucky S.def drop which makes up for the freeze I guess meaning I can KO swampert next turn meaning he will switch out as he is not set up rocks or wants to let a good wall die so shadow ball again.

---
Treebeard switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Scizor lost 30% of its health.

Scizor the bane of gengar I stay in I get BP'ed or I switch and get per suited gah I hate these moments but that's why I have a little move called...

---
Gengar used Protect.
Gengar protected itself!
Scizor used Pursuit.
Gengar protected itself!

Ha-ha protect gengar the best move in the game at times and as I know he going to pursuit I can just ohko him with HP fire.

---
Gengar used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 70% of its health.
Treebeard's Scizor fainted.
(5-4)
---
Treebeard switched in Gengar (lvl 100 Gengar ?).

So he brings in his own gengar and this also isn't too much fun as I have no idea what kind he is as it can run so many different sets scarf/specs/orb/sub punch. meaning time to use that heavenly move again called protect to scout his attack.

Gengar used Protect.
Gengar protected itself!
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gengar protected itself!

Shadow ball now my main switching to that is dead meaning my other other resist is my aggron whose made to attack not take hits really but lets go for it and see what happens.
---
darkvirus switched in Aggron (lvl 100 Aggron ?).

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Aggron lost 39% of its health.

ouch 39% that hurt but still I can now RP up and hope he cant focus blast me, but if he switches that shows he is scarfed as I doubt specs would do that little damage or if he attack he shows he is either orb as by this time and not subbing I put that out of the window.
---
Treebeard switched in Salamander (lvl 100 Salamence ?).

Salamence's intimidate cut Aggron's attack!
Aggron used Rock Polish.
Aggron's speed was sharply raised.

So a menace but with a x4 weakness to ice punch and aggrons respectable attack should be a comfortable KO.

---
Aggron used Ice Punch.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Salamence lost 100% of its health.
Treebeard's Salamence fainted.
(4-4)
Aggron lost 10% of its health.

perfect now what's he going to switch in to try stop this monster.

---

a gengar now I assume by this time he is scarfed but lets check either I out speed and ko with head smash or he KO's me with focus blast(please miss)

Gengar used Focus Blast.
It's super effective!
Aggron lost 51% of its health.
darkvirus's Aggron fainted.
(4-3)

yah it did not miss and now I know exactly what his item is and a fighting move means a free switch to my gengar to shadow ball whatever he switches in.

---

Treebeard switched in Starmie (lvl 100 Starmie).

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 47% of its health.
Treebeard's Starmie fainted.
(3-3)

Well that was a quite unexpected switch and im happy to see it go but that means he just used as death fodder to bring back that gengar.

---

Scouting time.

Gengar used Protect.
Gengar protected itself!
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gengar protected itself!

I'm out of ghost resists and im not letting gengar die meaning time to reveal another member of my team to take the hit.

---
darkvirus switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gliscor lost 47% of its health.

phew its not a 2kho meaning I can now roost off the damage and hope he switches as I cannot hurt gengar outside of U-Turn.---
Treebeard switched in Swampert (lvl 100 Swampert ?).

Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor restored 41% of its health.

Perts back and its about time I got my rocks down as im assuming he is thinking the same thing.

---
Gliscor used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Swampert used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

better late then never its time to U turn out as swampert can ko me and EQ wont ko him with that HP left. meaning I need to reveal the last member of my team as his swampert cant really hurt it.

---
Gliscor used U-turn.
Swampert lost 14% of its health.
darkvirus switched in Feraligatr (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).

Pointed stones dug into Feraligatr.
Feraligatr lost 12% of its health.
Swampert used Hydro Pump.
Feraligatr lost 20% of its health.

The gatr shrugs that off like nothing happened meaning its time to SD up and attempt a sweep as he switches or dose pitiful damage to me again.

---
Feraligatr used Swords Dance.
Feraligatr's attack was sharply raised.
Swampert used Roar.

Pointed stones dug into Gengar.
Gengar lost 12% of its health.

Bleh I wanted to set up then but still gengar is a nice one for him to bring out as I can threaten it with a ko with shadow ball my guess is he will sacrifice this as he has got either a scarfgar who wont want to switch in as he needs that to be able to beat me or a bulky DD gyra which could cause my team a real headache.

---
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Swampert lost 53% of its health.
Swampert used Hydro Pump.
Swampert's attack missed!

oh thank the hax for that now that's really made up for the freeze on zone at the beginning time to SB again and finish this thing off.

---
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Swampert lost 21% of its health.
Treebeard's Swampert fainted.
(2-3)

after killing this in come that pain in the ass again

---

Protect time to scout his attack

Gengar used Protect.
Gengar protected itself!
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gengar protected itself!

time for the only person I want to take a hit from gengar sorry glis you did not do all that much this game.

---
darkvirus switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).

Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gliscor lost 49% of its health.

im dead.

---
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gliscor lost 45% of its health.
darkvirus's Gliscor fainted.
(2-2)

at this point I stop for a Min or 2 and try to work out just how can I win this and my only hope is that my gatr can survive a shadow ball enough to get it into torrent range for a boosted AJ meaning in he comes and AJ to get the damage in to be able to ko next turn should I survive

---
darkvirus switched in Feraligatr (lvl 100 Feraligatr ?).

Pointed stones dug into Feraligatr.
Feraligatr lost 12% of its health.
Feraligatr used Aqua Jet.
Gengar lost 37% of its health.
Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Feraligatr lost 44% of its health.

Yes im in torrent range and he is in KO range or so I hope meaning all I have to do is finish him then its game over.

---
Gengar lost 51% of its health.
Treebeard's Gengar fainted. (1-2) perfect now in comes gyra crap he has got a fair amount of HP left I might not win this after all.

---

Treebeard switched in Gyarados (lvl 100 Gyarados ?).

Gyarados's intimidate cut Feraligatr's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Glisgor you many not have made much of an impact and maybe my sacrifice of you was unnecessary but you have won me the game. as from this point 2 AJ will ko meaning he cant DD or gatr kills him and if he attacks gatr then gengar out speed and kills.
Gyarados lost 11% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Feraligatr lost 11% of its health.
darkvirus's Feraligatr fainted.
(1-1)

he attacked me meaning its left for gengar to finish it. TY for a great game treebeard.

---

Gengar used Shadow Ball.
Gyarados lost 14% of its health.
Treebeard's Gyarados fainted.
(0-1)
darkvirus wins!

Opponents team.

MVP

This game was all about who can stop the other persons gengar from sweeping as he is a total monster. He scored the most Ko's for both sides and without him I would have struggled to kill just about anything and without his scarfgar keeping my gengar in cheek he would have lost a lot quicker.

And now my verdict on some of the new moves people have got
Head smash is what this thing was crying out for with this move he has a ability to OHKO and 2HKO just about all UU and OU threats with the move rock polish or even thunder wave support he can cause problems and when you pair that up with a Choice band then careful what you switch into it.
Improving on his amazing support move pool he now has super fang to break down walls as nothing switching in wants to lose 50% of his HP instantly couple that with Taunt and U-turn/roost/sunny day/rain dance and the need for no EV investment in Atk he becomes even more useful.

With aqua jet now in his move pool it makes up for his lackluster speed combined with SD and torrent it can be a force that can change the pace of a game very quickly as you opponent struggles to find a way past but in OU he will find problems with gyra and intimidate with resisting AQ but still once he is out of the way could be sweeping teams in no time.

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoyed it feel free to criticise so I know how to improve for next time I get to write a War Story.

This log was formatted using Warmachine Version 1.0​

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was pretty haxy. The comments weren't that great. The protect Gengar was a good choice to the team though.

6/10

Do you know what a comma is?
[Note: Not "coma"]

Also, the three "highlights" didn't really do much... I agree with the above poster; Protectgar was the show stealer.

I'm amazed by the efficiency of Protectgar. It was great.

But the comments... sucked. I usually don't mind bad grammar, but the lack of commas really hurt my eyes. Not only that but they were just you saying what your next move was going to be.

I actually thought the battle wasn't that bad. The commentary would've been good as well, if you had actually used correct grammar. The complete lack of capitalization and most punctuation really hurts the warstory since the reader has to focus more on what you're trying to say rather than on the battle.

I agree with the above posters. It was a rather average battle with average comments. It was an acceptable first try though, despite the hax and the formatting (don't center it, it makes it awkward to read). You have potential, just improve on your grammar, expand on your thoughts some more and pick a better battle, and you'll be well on your way.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
The bad grammar was quite a put off, and kind of distracted from the match. But protect gar preformed quite admirably and I will have to try one myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)