OU WiFi Team Aces High

I agree completely with Dominion. And i'm testing out the team right now as it stands without our re-rates. Suicune is taking a beating and being kinda useless :( That lack of lefties on him coupled with the life orb damage really takes it's toll on cune. And on one of my matches with your team i got swept pretty bad by a bronzong with hypnosis and dream eater. O_o
The good news is that Scizor did some pretty good damage, tho i didn't like being locked into one attack. And Swampert was a beast. he took hits like a tank and dealt them back pretty good too. I protected every other turn to let leftovers give me back some health unless i predicted a switch or a DD/SD/etc. Other than that so far your team's pretty solid tho.
Awesome! But... I did say that I was gonna throw Lefties on Suicune. Im not sure if you missed that or something. As for the Bronzong, I'm assuming it was a trick room team? otherwise Ape would have made scrap metal out of it o.o

Anywayz, thanks for testing it. Really appreciate that. It just shows what happens when you tweak things a tiny bit lol.

Awesome! But... I did say that I was gonna throw Lefties on Suicune. Im not sure if you missed that or something. As for the Bronzong, I'm assuming it was a trick room team? otherwise Ape would have made scrap metal out of it o.o

Anywayz, thanks for testing it. Really appreciate that. It just shows what happens when you tweak things a tiny bit lol.
I must have missed the leftovers on suicune, i'll make that change when i have a chance. And ape was already taken out when the zong came in (i think that was his plan lol).

I must have missed the leftovers on suicune, i'll make that change when i have a chance. And ape was already taken out when the zong came in (i think that was his plan lol).
Lol damn... okay, so what that tells me is that I need a way to stop people from setting up anything that makes Ape, or any of my sweepers for that matter, useless... I guess that includes Trick Room, Sandstorm (nothing I can do if the person brings in Tar or Hippo though...), and all that jazz. Any suggestions?

Lol damn... okay, so what that tells me is that I need a way to stop people from setting up anything that makes Ape, or any of my sweepers for that matter, useless... I guess that includes Trick Room, Sandstorm (nothing I can do if the person brings in Tar or Hippo though...), and all that jazz. Any suggestions?
It's not so much you need to stop setups (but that would be a good idea regardless :)), it's that you need to predict really good with this team. One thing you can do is switch Swampert's Protect with Roar for scouting purposes. Then you can decide when to send out what poke and when to save it for later. But the biggest thing is just to get a lot of matches under your belt with this team and get a good feel for what poke does good against other pokes etc.

It's not so much you need to stop setups (but that would be a good idea regardless :)), it's that you need to predict really good with this team. One thing you can do is switch Swampert's Protect with Roar for scouting purposes. Then you can decide when to send out what poke and when to save it for later. But the biggest thing is just to get a lot of matches under your belt with this team and get a good feel for what poke does good against other pokes etc.
Hmmm... Protect is really useful tho... Good way of getting free health back. But... new question. Is there a good replacement for Superpower on Scizor? Dropping his Attack and Defense and being locked into it doesn't really sit well with me. Ideas?

Hmmm... Protect is really useful tho... Good way of getting free health back. But... new question. Is there a good replacement for Superpower on Scizor? Dropping his Attack and Defense and being locked into it doesn't really sit well with me. Ideas?
I do like the idea of free health and the stall with Protect, but Roar lets you scout more. I do find Protect to help me out a bit more then Roar, but Protect can leave you open if you don't have the best predictions. And Scizor could use Brick Break instead of Super Power, it's not a huge loss in power and i think it evens out after the first Super Power. So Super Power is better if you think you'll only use it once or twice in a row, but Brick Break is better for just sitting there and spamming. Hope this helped :)

EDIT: I tested this team and Jolly T-Tar (it wasn't scarfed tho) did some pretty good damage to this team. He waited until i had gengar out to pursuit (since i was locked into shadow ball and it did almost nothing) then he took out infernape too. :(

Another problem is bulky suicunes. I just got walled by it while i gave it a chance to set up 4 calm minds :/ t-bolt from gengar did 10% and it swept 4 of these pokes. Just some problems i'm seeing so far.

Basically if just about any poke gets a chance to set up this team gets hammered hard. :(

I do like the idea of free health and the stall with Protect, but Roar lets you scout more. I do find Protect to help me out a bit more then Roar, but Protect can leave you open if you don't have the best predictions. And Scizor could use Brick Break instead of Super Power, it's not a huge loss in power and i think it evens out after the first Super Power. So Super Power is better if you think you'll only use it once or twice in a row, but Brick Break is better for just sitting there and spamming. Hope this helped :)

EDIT: I tested this team and Jolly T-Tar (it wasn't scarfed tho) did some pretty good damage to this team. He waited until i had gengar out to pursuit (since i was locked into shadow ball and it did almost nothing) then he took out infernape too. :(

Another problem is bulky suicunes. I just got walled by it while i gave it a chance to set up 4 calm minds :/ t-bolt from gengar did 10% and it swept 4 of these pokes. Just some problems i'm seeing so far.

Basically if just about any poke gets a chance to set up this team gets hammered hard. :(
Damn... that's a really big problem, cuz none of my guys can counter EVERYBODY... Every poke can set up on any one of mine... Gyarados on Suicune... Tyranitar on Gengar... All of the big names everyone knows is gonna have a field day with my team... I can't seem to think of any ways to stop them either... Ugh... I knew my team wasn't perfect, but I didn't know it would be this easy to set up on...

Ok I'm not seeing this physical ape doing much. Infernape will bring in starmie, salamence, all things that will force him to switch out. A nasty plot ape might work but starmie still outspeeds. I am inevitably suggesting a mixape that can at least check most pokemon that don't outspeed him. It will fix the potential swampert annoyance. Salamence and scizor are the only physical sweepers you need. You are much better off with a mixape that can rape most of the metagame when its counters leave.

Besides that this is a standard team. I question the willow o wisp on gengar, seeing as trick will cripple blissey, but you do have the advantage of crippling scarf tar with burn. Situational so I won't go into which is better. Another nitpik is why you don't have hp electric on cune.

Edit: looking from the above posts, you NEED hp electric on cune. Another cune can come and wipe you out. The guy above me said stuff about scarf tar. That you cannot fix. It is prediction. If you aren't predicting willowisp is a wasted slot.

I agree with the removal of WoW on Gengar. HP Ice/Fire would be a good option here.

HP Electric is a good idea, but i noticed a lot of swamperts getting the switch in on cune vs gyaras, so HP Grass is an option also. But i think a more bulky build is also a good idea. Cune wasn't taking hits very well even with leftovers, so it's your call on what you want to do here.

A MixApe is a good idea unless you want to go with a MixMence set on Salamence instead. And i'm noticing that NOBODY is giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving him any chance to set up. :(

I agree with the removal of WoW on Gengar. HP Ice/Fire would be a good option here.

HP Electric is a good idea, but i noticed a lot of swamperts getting the switch in on cune vs gyaras, so HP Grass is an option also. But i think a more bulky build is also a good idea. Cune wasn't taking hits very well even with leftovers, so it's your call on what you want to do here.

A MixApe is a good idea unless you want to go with a MixMence set on Salamence instead. And i'm noticing that NOBODY is giving him the benefit of the doubt and giving him any chance to set up. :(
Well I checked my Gengar's HP and luck has it that it's neither Ice nor Fire... And the thought of rebreeding for that HP seems exceedingly, extremely, and obscenely daunting...

As for the MixApe, It looks like a really nice idea, but wouldn't taking EV's out of Speed just get him raped even faster? I actually considered MixApe while building this team, but then I thought that splitting his EVs would just make him a "Jack of all trades, but Master of none" But I guess Scizor is the master of physical sweeping now, so there's nothing stopping Ape from bringing raining hell from both sides of the attacking spectrum.

Well I checked my Gengar's HP and luck has it that it's neither Ice nor Fire... And the thought of rebreeding for that HP seems exceedingly, extremely, and obscenely daunting...
Well then, that won't work at all. Options left are Trick or Explosion unless you want to go custom :p

As for the MixApe, It looks like a really nice idea, but wouldn't taking EV's out of Speed just get him raped even faster? I actually considered MixApe while building this team, but then I thought that splitting his EVs would just make him a "Jack of all trades, but Master of none" But I guess Scizor is the master of physical sweeping now, so there's nothing stopping Ape from bringing raining hell from both sides of the attacking spectrum.
MixApe will be slower, but he'll have a tiny bit more coverage if you use him. Don't forget my suggestion of MixMence tho :)

Well then, that won't work at all. Options left are Trick or Explosion unless you want to go custom :p

MixApe will be slower, but he'll have a tiny bit more coverage if you use him. Don't forget my suggestion of MixMence tho :)
Lol I'm assuming then you think that MixMence is the better option? Well will it work with an Adamant nature? Geez no matter what, I have to breed and breed and breed... Who knew Pokemon would be so much work -.-'

Anyway as for Gengar, I remember reading on its analysis page that even with a Timid nature, adding 92 EVs into Attack should give Boom Boom enough punch to dent stuff. So I guess that's the way to go, seeing as I want to be able to inflict as much pain as possible, no frills attached haha.

EDIT: I'm still deciding between changing Ape or Mence to Mixed, but I've changed WoW to Boom Boom, and Hydro Pump to Surf.

Lol I'm assuming then you think that MixMence is the better option? Well will it work with an Adamant nature? Geez no matter what, I have to breed and breed and breed... Who knew Pokemon would be so much work -.-'
You could always see if anyone on wi-fi has what you need lol. And no, adamant will not work for the MixMence or MixApe. For Ape i would go for Naive, so that way you can change back and forth between physical based and special based somewhat freely. And for MixMence, if you want the new version of MixMence then you want Naive, but for the old version you want Rash. They'll both work well, i would try them both out on shoddy or whatever online emulator you like.

Anyway as for Gengar, I remember reading on its analysis page that even with a Timid nature, adding 92 EVs into Attack should give Boom Boom enough punch to dent stuff. So I guess that's the way to go, seeing as I want to be able to inflict as much pain as possible, no frills attached haha.
If you don't want to sacrifice the EV spread then you can always just put trick on, which will help cripple those pokes that try to set up on you :)

EDIT: I'm still deciding between changing Ape or Mence to Mixed, but I've changed WoW to Boom Boom, and Hydro Pump to Surf.
I'll also do those changes so i can try out the newer team. Please update your first post with changes tho :)

You could always see if anyone on wi-fi has what you need lol. And no, adamant will not work for the MixMence or MixApe. For Ape i would go for Naive, so that way you can change back and forth between physical based and special based somewhat freely. And for MixMence, if you want the new version of MixMence then you want Naive, but for the old version you want Rash. They'll both work well, i would try them both out on shoddy or whatever online emulator you like.

If you don't want to sacrifice the EV spread then you can always just put trick on, which will help cripple those pokes that try to set up on you :)

I'll also do those changes so i can try out the newer team. Please update your first post with changes tho :)
I'm not really sacrificing anything on Gengar, cuz it's Timid, with 31 Speed IV's. With the Scarf, it would reach 350 x 1.5, a whopping 525 Speed. That's incredible overkill, on basically anything. So I figured it wouldn't change much, taking out of Speed... cuz it means 92/4 = 23. So that's just 23 points out, so that's, at the end of it all, 327 Speed. Still quite a bit when given the Scarf boost.

And the changes for Gengar and Cune are already up. The only reason I haven't changed Ape or Mence is because I haven't chosen which to change yet.

I'm not really sacrificing anything on Gengar, cuz it's Timid, with 31 Speed IV's. With the Scarf, it would reach 350 x 1.5, a whopping 525 Speed. That's incredible overkill, on basically anything. So I figured it wouldn't change much, taking out of Speed... cuz it means 92/4 = 23. So that's just 23 points out, so that's, at the end of it all, 327 Speed. Still quite a bit when given the Scarf boost.
Well the only thing you will be losing on is the other ScarfGars you go up against. So you're gonna get killed by them for sure. If you keep the speed EVs then at least you have a chance with the speed tie.

And the changes for Gengar and Cune are already up. The only reason I haven't changed Ape or Mence is because I haven't chosen which to change yet.
How about you post up both and just put that you aren't sure on which to go with so that way other people can help you decide?

Well the only thing you will be losing on is the other ScarfGars you go up against. So you're gonna get killed by them for sure. If you keep the speed EVs then at least you have a chance with the speed tie.

How about you post up both and just put that you aren't sure on which to go with so that way other people can help you decide?
Hmmm good point... I guess Trick may be the best way to go after all... And it'll give Gar a new toy to play with and to hit ppl with afterwards anyway XD

And changes have been made.

Hmmm good point... I guess Trick may be the best way to go after all... And it'll give Gar a new toy to play with and to hit ppl with afterwards anyway XD

And changes have been made.
It's hard to make the decisions without trying them out to see how they work for you, since every player plays differently. :p

It's hard to make the decisions without trying them out to see how they work for you, since every player plays differently. :p
Yeah, I'm in the process of trying to get Trick for him... It's taking a long time cuz I have to do everything by hand... (read: BATTLE FRONTIER OVER AND OVER AND OVER) Geez it's getting madddd boring just trying to battle and battle and battle... And then I've basically decided to go with MixApe, just because I feel it would rock a little harder and hit more stuff. I mean, just looking at the moveset, it would patch up a couple of holes in my team, like a little bit more Water coverage, especially for those bulky Waters that everyone loves to use. Like you said, when Cune got +4, it took only 10% from ScarfGar's Tbolt. Maybe Ape's GKnot might do a tiny bit more, and do it a little faster? We'll just have to see.

EDIT: Keeping my options open though, maybe when people say stuff about it, it'll change my mind. I'm LEANING towards MixApe, but if MixMence is legitimately better for the team, then so be it.

Yeah, I'm in the process of trying to get Trick for him... It's taking a long time cuz I have to do everything by hand... (read: BATTLE FRONTIER OVER AND OVER AND OVER) Geez it's getting madddd boring just trying to battle and battle and battle... And then I've basically decided to go with MixApe, just because I feel it would rock a little harder and hit more stuff. I mean, just looking at the moveset, it would patch up a couple of holes in my team, like a little bit more Water coverage, especially for those bulky Waters that everyone loves to use. Like you said, when Cune got +4, it took only 10% from ScarfGar's Tbolt. Maybe Ape's GKnot might do a tiny bit more, and do it a little faster? We'll just have to see.

EDIT: Keeping my options open though, maybe when people say stuff about it, it'll change my mind. I'm LEANING towards MixApe, but if MixMence is legitimately better for the team, then so be it.
Yea, that can be exhausting, i think you should look at this part of the forums to see if you won't need to go through all of that work:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
I would also try out both MixApe and MixMence on shoddy or a similar emulator so you don't have to spend the time on one that you potentially wont use.

Hello!

Seeing as Mence is gone and you want a replacement, then I would suggest mix flygon if you want the same speed as mence of mixnite if you want the power of mence, either way run: 4Atk 252Spe 252Sp.Atk and naive for them with: Draco Meteor | Fire Blast | Earthquake | Roost

Good Luck!

Hello!

Seeing as Mence is gone and you want a replacement, then I would suggest mix flygon if you want the same speed as mence of mixnite if you want the power of mence, either way run: 4Atk 252Spe 252Sp.Atk and naive for them with: Draco Meteor | Fire Blast | Earthquake | Roost

Good Luck!
But... If we want a MixNite/Gon, shouldn't the EV's be a little more balanced? It seems a little too Specially based. If I were to use that EV spread with a MixGon, what power would I be losing if I were to go with Earth Power over EQ? Just a thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)