Out Of The Darkness And Into The Light (Darkrai)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
So was cleaning out my old desk, and found a few Darkrai codes lying around. Eight of them to be specific, and ideally I'd like to give them out to people who didn't have the opportunity to receive them. Remember, these codes are only good until August 31st, so get your posts in now.

Da Rules
1.) Do NOT Spam
2.) One code per user, no reserving codes
3.) You must have a NA game to use Darkrai code
4.) Everyone can request a code
5.) Honesty

Nature: SRable
Moves: Dark Void / Ominous Wind / Nightmare / Feint Attack

Instructions
(Answer the Following Questions)
1.) Favorite thing about Darkai
2.) Were you able to receive a previous Darkai? Why or why not?
3.) Have you ever helped out another Smogon member with trades?
In 24 hours, I'll go through the thread and PM the winners the code, and I'll let the mods close it.

Its design is honestly great and is the main thing I love about it. It definitely invokes a menacing presence that sends chills down your spine. I remember facing it when I hacked the secret key in Pokemon diamond when i was in third / fourth grade and I was truly terrified when facing it due to how creepy it looked (though the creepy music playing in the background and the situation that I was in certainly did help in creating that fear). Its stats are also pretty good, which is nice and another thing I like about it, though not as much as its design.

No, I wasn't able to receive it, namely due to me being a lot more interested in Fire Emblem than in Pokemon at the time of its distribution. I also gave my 3DS cart for both XY and ORAS to my friend, who didn't get his Darkrai either.

Not really, I only really help out personal friends with trades to evolve trade only mons like kadabra and Dusclops.

Favorite thing about Darkrai
His look. He has this look like he's deadly(and he is). Also, he seems like the Pokemon that needs an awesome mega (looking at you, Nintendo)

Were you able to get a previous Darkrai? Why or why noy?
I did, but only after I bred a huge power lure ball marill and something else I forget

Have you ever helped out another Smogon member with trades?
Technically, yes. It was more them helping me, though

1.) Favorite thing about Darkai:
He looks cool and strong, and I love his dark void, it like almost 100% hit "almost"

No, I wasnt able to receive it, bcz i just started play pokemon last month and i didnt know anything

No, I joined smogon last month if im not wrong, and i dont really understand about this web (still learning). Well sometimes i help my friends

1.) Favorite thing about Darkai: I really like its design, it looks powerful and intimidating.

2.) Were you able to receive a previous Darkai? Why or why not?: No, I stopped playing Pokémon for a while, the last one I played was Black 2, mainly because I didn't have a 3ds until recently.

3.) Have you ever helped out another Smogon member with trades?: No, like I said, I just bought a 3ds with Omega Ruby, so I can't do a lot to help (yet).​

1.) Favorite thing about Darkrai
It's literally the embodiment of nightmares. Both aesthetically and to play against. You basically need a Lum Berry or a Pokemon with insomnia/magic bounce or you're going to sleep and have a really bad time. Of the latter the only viable insomnia mon (Mewtwo Y) don't get put to sleep, but that's cool - it has dark pulse.

(Repeat the previous sentence, but replace insomnia with magic bounce, Mewtwo Y with Mega Diancie, and Dark Pulse with Sludge Bomb).

Without a doubt is its ability to beat it's opponent with nightmare tactics rather than brute force is what makes it really cool compared to its uber brethren. Check the usage stats, everything around it has a BST higher than it.

Edit: Almost forgot that it's shiny colour palette is (almost) the same as Heath Ledgers Joker in the Dark Knight. In my opinion, the single greatest performance in modern cinema.

Unfortunately not. My wife had just given birth to our second daughter when the last distribution was on. I wanted to do my bit as a father rather than be sat on my DS soft resetting.

I'd like to think so. I was a cloner before it was 'mainstream' too. I'd also like to think I'm the go to guy for that sort of thing for some of the longer term members of Smogon. I've recently traded codes also, and found them to be more valuable than most Pokemon I've been able to catch/train or soft reset.

Last edited:
I think Darkai is one of the few Pokemon that manages to visually encompass every facet of its lore. It manages to borrow from the reaper aesthetic while not being a direct imitation and also hints towards its incorporeal nature with it's wavering silhouette. It's ability and unique move also lends to the creation of well-executed and designed Pokemon.
I was able to receive a previous Darkrai code, but I didn't have time to SR it immediately. My brother got back into Pokemon shortly after and since Darkrai was one of his favourite Pokemon I decided I would give it to him. He became disillusioned after playing a previous Pokemon installment, I don't remember which one, and I figured if he got one of his favourite Pokemon on this game it would encourage him to give it another chance.
Yeah, I used to help with cloning, distribution, and various things here and there back in the day.

I have a least 3 codes laying around almost to be forgotten, would be willing to expand the pool of codes.

Karmaloop3

formerly Jim Bailey
Thanks to the generous donations from smithkavik and Vykun, I now have 30 Darkrai codes to offer. So even those that received one prior will almost certainly receive one. I've started sending them out already, so get them while they last.

1) cool design, can be run as an all out attacker( special and mixed) or as more of a " annoying/ sleep spammer" on a team.
2) I had the opportunity but the events that you have to drive to are difficult for me to get to so I missed it
3) I have not yet had the opportunity to help out another person here but I have offered( Evo trades, breedjects, Dex filling).
Thanks for the second chance at the darkrai event.

My favourite things about darkrai are simply it's design and the fact that it's broken. I love it's shiny form too.

I have only ever gotten code event pokemon from trading with other players. I can't them myself because I don't think they give out codes in the gaming shops where I live.

A few times. I only help with breeding flawless HA mons, trade evolutions or move tutoring etc. I can't clone or anything like that. I usually help users if I can.

1.) Favorite thing about Darkrai
My favorite thing about Darkrai is that he is awsome, he is so badass and the design, OMG the desing.
No cause i just recently could receive event pokemons, cause in my country there's no gamestop.
I started my on breeding for shiny hunt, and since then i could trade a lot of people and been able to help the comunity in a lot of ways. If you need help i could try and help out! Just PM.

I love the balance between Darkrai and Cresselia, and when I was young playing pearl I always wondered what Darkrai was, because it isn't really explained in the whole Canalave City episode.

No! I recently took a break from playing the console games this year when I went off to college. I started trying to complete my national dex this summer in order to celebrate Sun and Moon coming out, but I missed a lot of events in the interim.

I actually made this account today in order to trade some of my extra Arceus codes, so not yet. I am definitely a competitive noob, so I'm not sure I'd be in the position to do so yet. But I love the smogon community and have had a PS account since 2007! I will get there:)

It looks cool & awesome.
No, I got my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire after the Darkrai gift.
No, but I will if given the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)