1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Overall: Boobs+!!

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Chou Toshio, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

A little present for my buddy bloo:

[​IMG]
  2. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

Realised I didn't 'disc you! XD Your art is really amazing, the Macross picture is great! DO NOT SAY YOU ARE BAD AT ART OR I WILL FREAKIN' KILL YOU!
  3. Chou Toshio

is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Not bad-- just "ok" :P

I can't promise when, but I think I'll turn my next major Pokemon drawing into one of those speed-enhanced tutorial videos. Please look forward to it...
  4. guanlong

guanlong

Awesome art. I like your style.

I want Kujiryuu in a new game! It sounds so broken :D
  5. Chou Toshio

Too bad it has a 0% chance to 2HKO Max/Max Ferrothorn, even with Choice Specs Timid STAB Earth Power (there's no way you'd use modest...) >___>

fucking Ferrothorn...

Hmm... a max power Water Spout in rain does cleanly 2HKO Ferrothorn though... lol
  6. Chou Toshio

K guys, I hope you WATCH THE VIDEO

Of this being colored:

[​IMG]

I know it can be pretty difficult to keep up with what's happening in the video (I wanted to make it longer, but Youtube only gives me 10 minutes...), so you should probably review the guide: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3197009&postcount=64 earlier in this thread to review the basic techniques I use if you care to know what I'm doing.
  7. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

That Latios is EPIC.
  8. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Amazing indeed! And seeing the work that goes into makes it even better!

And I'm pretty sure Youtube upped the limit for vids to 15 minutes even for regular users? Regardless, it was a great watch.
  9. Blue_Star

Blue_Star
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

that tyranitar avatar is so freaking epic

good job, dude, you're a master at photoshoping, I wished I could draw like you =O
  10. Acklow

Acklow

The art keeps getting even more impressive. Keep up the amazing work!!!

(I like that Latios, btw) =D
  11. JarardoMartino

JarardoMartino

That was an awesome video! It was cool to see all the hard work you put into your impressive pieces!
  12. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

I hope I don't sound like an ass, but that Latios seems to have an oversized neck... it looks a bit long.
  13. Chou Toshio

I actually agree Breludicolo. I was concerned about that when I did the initial line art-- but I was too lazy to fix it, and it's not all that noticeable. In any case, this is use proportions, and the size of the head was meant to be exhagerated to get that "movement"-- I just exhagerated a bit too much. :P

For instance, Tyranitar's hand in my avatar is also too big (compared to the official art, and to the background arm). That doesn't matter too much though, because sometimes feeling/perception/impression of the piece is more important that exactness-- especially of anatomy of fictional creatures.
  14. LeviLamprey

LeviLamprey

I watched the video and can safely say that digital art looks INCREDIBLY FUN. It is a bit elongated, but whatever.
  15. Chou Toshio

I'm surprised no one commented on the part of the video where I colored Latios's belly white and had to go fix it :P
  16. Fulgrate

Fulgrate

Some of your art is reaching beyond the awesome tier.
  17. BKC

BKC
    is a Tutoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Castle Valetis a Past WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 16 Champion

when i saw the latios my mind was blown. great stuff
  18. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

can i have a sweet salamence pic for my avvie?
  19. Chou Toshio

Thanks guys :D

Perhaps I needs to post it explicitly in my OP, but I don't do requests
  20. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

21. kaonohiokala

kaonohiokala

This is my new background! It's nice to know someone from Hawai'i made this. Also, I really liked your 'i'iwi Pokemon! Lately, I've been very interested in the birds around here myself. Any chance you could make art based on the kōlea bird? Cutest/coolest bird ever. :<

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...m=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=612

P.S. This isn't a request, it's a kauoha... or not, lol. FOR THE BOYS!
  22. Chou Toshio

Keven asked me to draw him a "Kaioken" Infernape. Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Avatar without blur/burn effects:
    [​IMG]
  23. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

That's beyond incredible.
  24. wekhter

wekhter

That aura is really cool
  25. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

That is indeed beyond incredible. Your perspective is top-notch, Chou. It really impresses me!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)