1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Overall: Boobs+!!

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Chou Toshio, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

misty has no weak

...i'm not complaining about this but why chou why lol

you're making me feel like doing one of similar fashion too
  2. scampy

scampy

Man, your MAC entries are phenomenal. I absolutely love the style! The photos you took are also beautiful.

edit: I also found your guide to use of the golden section to be very interesting
  3. Brumrha

Brumrha

My god, man!

All I can say is, if Misty had tried to put on a two-piece bikini with a bustline that huge, I'm really sure that her swimsuit won't be able to contain them, thus resulting in some serious wardrobe malfunction...

Hell, I'm even sure that she'll have cases of wardrobe malfunction if she had any piece of clothing on her!
  4. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

They should hire Chou to draw the next set of Pokemon manga.
  5. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Here's another :3

nsfw??? (open)
    [​IMG]

full sized (open)
    [​IMG]

My thread just got more icky
  6. Pocket

Pocket GOJIRA
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Leader

ugh those are unreal... where are the proportions!?? I prefer Misty in the Milotic Twilight Meeting <3
  7. Chou Toshio

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Huh, funny 'cause the Misty in Milotic Twilight Meeting was supposed to be even flatter-- messing with shading/levels/contrast too much actually gave a her a cup size there compared to the original line art.
  8. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

I've seen better. (tits, not art)
  9. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

Please tell me that is not what I think it is LOL

EDIT: Didn't read properly, it IS what I think it is. :oops:
  10. Charmander

Charmander mfw i have a mane and am actually the sun
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Good art! Luvdiscd.
  11. Tortferngatr

Tortferngatr

Dear Rule 34...
  12. Lanturn314

Lanturn314

I love how this thread has 69 luvdisc right now
  13. Xaqwais

Xaqwais

Why is Fate um, more well off than the others?
  14. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

um why would i not be
  15. ssbbm

ssbbm

i guess there's a reason this has 69 luvdiscs
    awww i got ninjaed /:
  16. Chou Toshio

17. RevolverKnight

RevolverKnight

Avvy please
  18. Fulgrate

Fulgrate

Outstanding Haxorus using DD! Absolutely Incredible! I saw the vid, how long did that take in actual time?{Unless that's not fast forward and you draw that fast. X:}

What is that effect where you selected a bunch of different parts, then they all got colored instantly without the hassle of having to bucket fill them all. Also, your ink lines are smooth and instant. I have to go over a line several times to get the varying thickness effect.

What are the dimensions of your monitor? When your at 33%, you still can't see any pixels. I wonder if my small monitor is what limits my ability to draw? I'm guessing you use hotkeys to move that fast.
  19. Chou Toshio

k

[​IMG]

@fulgrate-- Some good questions.

-Took me about 2.5 hours real time, so actually quite a while.

-The selection trick uses the Magic Wand tool. I explain that tool in detail in my guide in the Professor Smeargle thread (go check it out).

-If you look at the video very closely, you'll notice I didn't ink in Photoshop. I did my sketching and initial drawing in another program called Manga Studio, which has some interesting brushes that use vectors instead of pixels to make very clean pretty lines that don't change in quality no matter how big or small the image is adjusted to. Really, this is kinda superfluous, because I can do line art just fine in photoshop, and line art there also has its own special quality.

-I'm using a Macbook 15", so I doubt a huge monitor is my advantage :P (though the mackbooks do have nice monitors).

-Keyboard shortcuts definitely speed things up, and I should probably learn to do more of them (I'm sure a real photoshop wiz who watched this vid at a more reasonable speed, and not 800%, would notice all sorts of inefficiencies in how I draw). The best shortcuts (imo) are zoom in, zoom out, eye drop tool, and undo (multiple undo, letting you undo multiple mistakes). There are a lot of other great ones I should probably learn to use, but these are the ones I use consistently.
  20. blastoiseboy19

blastoiseboy19

-_-
    unneeded avvy change. D:
  21. Chou Toshio

pmeh, maybe but whatever... this is my default avatar after all
  22. Pocket

Pocket GOJIRA
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Leader

I like that avatar the best.
  23. RevolverKnight

RevolverKnight

Awesome, thank you
  24. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG

your style is really good
  25. Paradoxus

Paradoxus

This isn't a request, it's just a suggestion.

Why don't you make a pre evo of absol? You of all People would be great at drawing it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)