Overused ft. BH Cup [Round 2]

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Overused ft. BH Cup
Approved by Quite Quiet

We all know how Balanced Hackmons works, and we all know the mad potential some Pokémon have when we tweak their movesets. However, there are very few of the common "OU" Pokémon in that tier, which is completely reasonable when you have options such as Mega Rayquaza and both Primal Kyogre and Groudon to use, thus we don't see the potential some Pokémon like the Tapus and the like have as they're completely outclassed by some other Pokémon. What would happen if we were to play an "OU Balanced Hackmons" metagame by merging both banlists into one? This is what this tournament will try to find out!

Tournament Rules:

• All normal tournament rules apply, and you should make yourself acquainted with them. As such, there's a link to the aforementioned thread up in this post;
  • This tournament will use two banlists: that of the OverUsed tier and that of the Balanced Hackmons tier. Anything that is banned on one or another is forbidden to use in this tournament - if you use anything banned on either tier the match is automatically forfeited and it's up to your opponent to accept a rematch or not.
  • Pokémon with a BST > 580 are forbidden from use from this tournament. This does applies to Mega-Pokemon as well: you may only use Mega-Evolution whose BST is lower or equal to 580.
  • Any tier shift/ban that may happen during a round will only take place in following one;
  • All matches MUST be played in the Balanced Hackmons format;
  • Matches should happen either on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.

Battle Rules:
Format:
Balanced Hackmons (580 BST cap) - Singles Mode - Best of One (BO1).
OU Clauses: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Self-KO Clause, Battle Timeout, and Endless Battle Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon deemed unreleased or Uber is banned and you can have a list here.
BH Clauses: Ability Clause, CFZ Clause, ComaTalk Clause. Additionally, any Pokémon, Ability or Move banned by the BH Council is forbidden from use; you can check them (alongside with more detailed explanations of the clauses) here.
Additional Banlist: Kartana, Xurkitree, Chansey, and Blissey.
Activity: I expect all matches to be done within a week or less, thus activity wins will only be granted when the lack of activity is blatant or similar cases. All matches that do not fit these criteria shall be decided by coin flipping.
Miscellaneous: You're limited to 1 Mega Evolution per team (as per OU Rules), and keep in mind that you cannot start the match already in the Mega Evolution state, thus you cannot change the ability of a Mega Pokémon (this also applies to Pokemon forms that are activated mid-battle, mainly Ash-Greninja). However, you're not restricted to the 510 EV limit, being able to use the unrestricted EVs format that BH follows.

Round 2

MiyoKa vs. (WINNER OF Stan Soojung vs. Leooo_33)
(WINNER OF Quantum Tesseract vs. double switches) vs. morogrim
Yoss vs. (WINNER OF charizard8888 vs. FLCL)
aki0s vs. Mylo Xyloto
(WINNER OF acidphoenix vs. SinisterSalamence) vs. Magicks
(WINNER OF Silver_Lucario42 vs. matthewc20090) vs. ElMustacho
(WINNER OF TheBurgerKing99 vs. implaser) vs. HeadsILoseTailsYouWin
ScarfWynaut vs. Funbot28

@SinisterSalamance has 24 hours to send me proof that his opponent did not contact him back, else that matchup will be decided by coinflip (yep, this is not an extension like the others).
The deadline of the extensions is Tuesday the 11th at 23:59 EDT.
The deadline of the round itself is Sunday the 16th at 23:59 EDT.

Last edited:

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
good luck to everyone! :]
[also I know far too many extensions, but this is the last round I plan to be so good with that - get your matches done this round please :|]

Perry

slayer
SinisterSalamence vs. Magicks

Miyoka, how am I supposed to see any contact then if you did not claim act and the dude's wall is completely gone? if he confirmes he did not answer your VMs beforehand (or I can get a proof of the deleted messages - iirc g or smods can see them) I will give you the win - otherwise the matchup stands.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
wait what, i contacted RNGIsFatal and he didn't answer me in any way, and even deleted my VM, why i get coinflipped hello?
SinisterSalamence vs. Magicks

Miyoka, how am I supposed to see any contact then if you did not claim act and the dude's wall is completely gone? if he confirmes he did not answer your VMs beforehand (or I can get a proof of the deleted messages - iirc g or smods can see them) I will give you the win - otherwise the matchup stands.
This is completely my bad. I deleted my entire wall because I was deleting shitposts out of anger and I can confirm Miyoka has contacted me first.
Also despite the fact that I won coin flip, I would like to let Miyoka continue next round because I was the one who was contacted, not the one who contacted my opponent in the first place. I was less responsible than Miyoka overall. Sorry again, and don't DQ Miyoka, I was expecting me to be disqualified instead.

Perry

slayer
sorry for the delay dudes, this completely skipped my mind due to a busy day.
We have some coinflip decisions to mak so there we go (to see who's out, as always):

[23:38:23] %mr. perry ♪♫: !pick Yoss, charizard8888
We randomly picked: Yoss

[23:41:31] %mr. perry ♪♫: !pick ElMustacho, Silver_Lucario42
We randomly picked: Silver_Lucario42

so charizard8888 and elmustacho move to the 3rd round, which goes up shortly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)