Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Conni

katharsis
I don't play Hanzo as much, I much prefer Widowmaker as a sniper
but honestly Hanzo can protect himself better than Widowmaker can at close range tbh. Unless venom mine :P

I don't play Hanzo as much, I much prefer Widowmaker as a sniper
but honestly Hanzo can protect himself better than Widowmaker can at close range tbh. Unless venom mine :P
Widow's assault rifle is very strong and many players don't know how much damage it does (including Widowmakers—I'm sure you know this but a lot of people don't and they play Widow and die to silly things they don't have to, which leads to some nasty surprises for people when they try to duel competent Widows)

She's extremely vulnerable to being flanked and bursted in a lot of locations if she's stationary or doesn't leave herself an escape route, whereas Hanzo tends to be closer to his team on most maps, but you need to be able to actually get to where Widow is and then duel her to kill her. If you proc her mine she'll turn around and destroy you if you don't have a lot of burst. ~130 DPS but a lot of spread, ignoring headshots.

It's partly just because Hanzo is meant to be medium-range and okay in closer quarter combat and Widow is a super long range sniper, but I think even though Widow gets ruined in any sort of combat that isn't 1v1 up in a room boxed off from the rest of the game, her ability to protect herself is quite impressive relative to Hanzo's for her design.

They really are just different takes on the sniper. Hanzo is a utility sniper who is meant to focus on denying points on the ground, he has shit long range and actually needs to be up close or fighting nearby his team and the objective, and he has a few more options for self-defence that mostly revolve around those same skills as a result. Widow isn't meant to be defending herself but is very capable at it anyway for her class style.

Speaking of snipers, I was just thinking I'd love to see a hero is focus is being mobile while scouting (sort of like the TF2 scout I guess, but less offensive) both things like turrets and the enemy, sort of like the snipers but more mobile, and then I was like, oh, duh, I just haven't played with any Tracers that weren't just running around pointlessly on defense... actually Symmetra has this kind of utility sometimes I guess, I like her sentries.

Last edited:
reports say that the projectile revert help out lucio zen and ana a fair amount, which is good imo

also the mercy heal rate buff is 50 -> 60 HP/s, no clue how good that actually will be but it's enough to outheal level 2 sentries now

e: also bastion short premiering live in 2 minutes!!!!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
reports say that the projectile revert help out lucio zen and ana a fair amount, which is good imo

also the mercy heal rate buff is 50 -> 60 HP/s, no clue how good that actually will be but it's enough to outheal level 2 sentries now
I'm pretty sure Ana isn't affected by the projectile change ? Since she came out WITH the change right...? haha. Might be wrong. Anyways, IMO it's probably a revert due to it being a bug instead of it being underpowered or what. I personally have better accuracy with Zen after the projectile hitbox got changed fsr. But yeaaa Mei's M2 shots are really wonky after the change. Likely they're just temporarily reverting till they fix everything.

Ana is bae and shots are awesome.

AND GET TO THE BASTION ALR ;O; haha

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Not excited about a nerf to discord for 30%. I think we can do better than that to make zen not a constant debuff to the enemy. The issue stems from the near-instant travel time now. Perhaps a cooldown to discord would be better? But at least zen does the same damage to people.

So the bastion short just played and I thought it was great. It seems in the twitch chat people were calling it cringe which I am having a hard time understanding (then again why am I trying to understand twitch chat).

Edit: I think they were talking about the female announcer person.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure Ana isn't affected by the projectile change ? Since she came out WITH the change right...?
They reverted the change on PTR, where hitboxes are again like trucks. Ana's primary fire is a projectile.
It seems to me that quickplay is gotten worse?

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They reverted the change on PTR, where hitboxes are again like trucks. Ana's primary fire is a projectile.
It seems to me that quickplay is gotten worse?
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747185139

So yea, Ana came out at the time that the projectile hitboxes got changed. So I don't think there's any older version of projectile for Ana to rollback to. So probably there isn't a difference for Ana.

Shouldn't QP get better since no comp? :0 or did everyone flock to PTR haha. Or are you saying it's like more tryhard/toxic or something.

ALSO hp bars for everyone is a good thing. Time to turn that on~~

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I thought all projectiles had their hitbox added in an automatic way, so they just changed the script to make all hitboxes on all projectiles larger?
I'm having quick plays such as: why using a heal, why using a tank, why going to the payload, why going to the point, I'll just camp their respawn what could happen
Literally now: Most of a Numbani tank without a tank. I'm the sole healer with a Mercy, 4 attackers and 1 Junkrat. They didn't change even in the final push, when a tank WAS needed. Sigh.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Nah they manually tweaked it for each hero. IIRC there were those that were 'significantly' reduced, and those that were just slightly tweaked.

I thought all projectiles had their hitbox added in an automatic way, so they just changed the script to make all hitboxes on all projectiles larger?
I'm having quick plays such as: why using a heal, why using a tank, why going to the payload, why going to the point, I'll just camp their respawn what could happen
Literally now: Most of a Numbani tank without a tank. I'm the sole healer with a Mercy, 4 attackers and 1 Junkrat. They didn't change even in the final push, when a tank WAS needed. Sigh.
sounds like competitive during the season >.< well no not that bad but I genuinely think QP is better than comp at playing koth, possibly due to how overtime works

idk how QP and competitive MMR interact if at all but if you played comp all season and little QP that might be a reason as well.

QP atm is QP + competitive players both fucking around a lot tbh. I'm actually enjoying it but only bc I'm not soloing. I think probably the only QPism that annoys me is not contesting for overtime/in the last few seconds/people seemingly not knowing if you stand near the payload you can contest it as it's cruising into the destination and that happens sometimes in comp too >.< just got made backfill into a horribly losing team on hollywood with no healer, picked lúcio, we managed to defend until I died near the last seconds and god forbid symmetra risk dying by holding for literally 0.5s until we TP back with our ults.. and that's an above average backfill match for me since people usually leave because the match is very one-sided, I really hate loading up overwatch for a quick game in between things and getting made backfill, I get why backfill is necessary but sometimes I only have time for one game or whatever and it sort of spoils the pick up and play feel that made this game compelling for me at a time when I don't have the time for mobas. at least extra xp. it just sucks because you're not likely to be made backfill unless you play solo and if I only have time for 1-2 games I'm sure as heck playing solo (spoilers: games love groups for a reason tho >.<)

I felt QP was a lot worse just before the comp season ended than it is now, because almost everyone who wanted to play the objective was grinding comp

edit: yey, i finally have everything i wanted from this event, and a lot more like the genji/2xzarya/2xtracer skins and a few legendaries on heroes i actually play surprisingly.. and the lúcio emote + potg thing so happy >.< except the d.va skin... rly wanted that. but i don't play d.va so can't complain. ridic haul. plus i could buy a d.va legendary now if i wanted... i just.. wanted the rare d.va skin... hahah

having both the lúcio legendaries + the mercy epic makes me happy bc i only rly play lúcio and mercy and ana and zen. (and i rolled an ana legendary too)

also i want hero recs >.< to branch out!! i want to learn how to tank next maybe but i'm open to thougts. i tend to rack up a LOT of objective time and prefer to be on top of the objective a lot spamming. i find lúcio and mercy (and mei) have the nicest gun, i'm absolutely atrocious as d.va (mech management) and have no clue how to play her even tho i'd kill to :< i'm trying a little zarya but i can't get the hang of her.

i kno i should just try lots of heroes, but my opportunity to tank rather than heal is rare, so i want to go in with some info basically!!

Last edited:

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
i still dont understand quick play mmr at all. i went from having the worst players every game and barely having above 50% winrate to now everyone in the game being rank 60-70 on both sides. I mean its good if i wanna get a semi serious game in without actually having to do ranked but it makes it really hard to learn/practice new champs vs really good people.

only a couple more days before the event ends i might end up having to spend money, i almost have everything i want except the 2x lucio skins. no clue why i have gotten everything else multiple times but havent seen one lucio skin yet..RNG pls

jumpluff just keep trying to learn DVA, i don't really have any hero recs but she really fits into every team comp and is always viable now. i spammed her a lot in rank. i just mostly played her as a tank in the front line blocking important abilities and didn't really flank or try to be a ghetto tracer like some people tell you to be. she has great chase down though so if someone is low just chase them down and group back with your team after you kill the dude...thats the only 'flanking' i do with her. as far as mech management goes its just about hiding as zero suit dva and hitting some big dude to recharge your mech fast. the only time i really try for kills as zero suit dva is during her ult while people are trying to run away

all the tanks are pretty good right now imo, depends on your playstyle. you're always going to keep your team alive a lot longer as reinhardt (provided they're positioning around the barrier properly) and he's probably the best hero at riding the cart, always get gold objective time with him on payload. 2000 shield is a shit ton and when you're sitting in front of a choke/on a checkpoint you're making it that much harder to contest, and anyone who engages on you poorly is susceptible to getting 1shot by charge. d.va's guns are difficult to track with sometimes ime because of the movespeed + fire rate but she has pretty good damage potential for a tank if you can aim and defense matrix is straight up busted regardless against certain enemy comps, not even reinhardt can tank an entire whole hog/barrage/deadeye. also she has that multikill potential with Zarya B).

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i still dont understand quick play mmr at all. i went from having the worst players every game and barely having above 50% winrate to now everyone in the game being rank 60-70 on both sides. I mean its good if i wanna get a semi serious game in without actually having to do ranked but it makes it really hard to learn/practice new champs vs really good people.

only a couple more days before the event ends i might end up having to spend money, i almost have everything i want except the 2x lucio skins. no clue why i have gotten everything else multiple times but havent seen one lucio skin yet..RNG pls

jumpluff just keep trying to learn DVA, i don't really have any hero recs but she really fits into every team comp and is always viable now. i spammed her a lot in rank. i just mostly played her as a tank in the front line blocking important abilities and didn't really flank or try to be a ghetto tracer like some people tell you to be. she has great chase down though so if someone is low just chase them down and group back with your team after you kill the dude...thats the only 'flanking' i do with her. as far as mech management goes its just about hiding as zero suit dva and hitting some big dude to recharge your mech fast. the only time i really try for kills as zero suit dva is during her ult while people are trying to run away
I think the mmr is it matches your mmr against one specific opponent. If you happen to be randomly matched on a team with skilled players, then the enemy team will try to be at least that skill rating as well.

Joim

Pixels matter
I'm trying to git gud with Mercy, given she's gonna be much better after PTR. Also I'm on the verge on buying boxes again, I still lack 2 skins and I'm very completionist :S

Joim

Pixels matter
I opened about 200 boxes. I got over 100 levels and bought 75 boxes. Sigh.
Also, sentences that trigger me:
-Haha but it's only quickplay
-wtf Mercy you are not healing ever
-(Genji) Need healing! [Other side of the map]

After a few days for the nerfs to sink in how is Genji? He was one of the heroes I was most interested in playing out of gameplay and aesthetic (dude is Raiden and Gray Fox in one) reasons.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I opened about 200 boxes. I got over 100 levels and bought 75 boxes. Sigh.
Also, sentences that trigger me:
-Haha but it's only quickplay
-wtf Mercy you are not healing ever
-(Genji) Need healing! [Other side of the map]
man try being lucio and having ur heal up and someone's like "LUCIO WHY ARENT U HEALING" like fuck off mate i'm not wasting my E when there's just 1 person in my LoS that needs healing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)