Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

Omg!! Today I got only 12 points away from Master but then went on a slight losing streak *cries*, if I get to Master with Symmetra and not Mercy / Lucio I'll laugh though haha.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Got plat today :) Im aiming for diamond by the end of the season. Not sure how realistic a goal that is for me but im gonna do my best. I definitely feel the quality of my games improving. It feels like im actually playing a team game more and more. Hopefully i can keep climbing!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Got plat today :) Im aiming for diamond by the end of the season. Not sure how realistic a goal that is for me but im gonna do my best. I definitely feel the quality of my games improving. It feels like im actually playing a team game more and more. Hopefully i can keep climbing!
honestly diamond isnt all that different/far from plat, you'll probably get there ez

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Some data mine stuff regarding Christmas event. Don't watch if you don't wanna be spoiled! It's not really in depth but the hype is there; it tells you how many new things you can expect in the update.

edit: hey Blizz decided to tweet that it is really starting next Tues!

Last edited:

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Now that I'm in a tier that everyone can properly aim, I may be back to support maining. I don't know, it seems like all I can play to provide a good impact is either D.Va or Ana right now lol

high octane widowmaker player of the game not clickbait :)

also any tips on laddering as a 6 man? Managing emotions with people who get tilted is so hard D:

Tbh if you're laddering with people who get tilted you should probably play with other people :/ and like just stick to quick play with them. It'll only hurt your rank unless they can get anger/annoyance/salt/whatever under control.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Have someone who tilts the least be the tilt manager. If party tilts too much then call it a day. Also depends on experience how well they can untilt the rest.

6 man laddering will mostly match you with other 6 man ladderers, so imo if you're gonna really do it you should get into the mindset of a competitive team; everyone should find the roles they're comfortable with and stick with them, and you should find amongst yourselves a shotcaller who knows the most about map strategies and shit

HailFall

I'm getting pretty good with widow slowly but surely, I might try her in comp sometime on like kings row attack or something since that's arguably her best map. Have to polish up my roadhog a bit though first so I have something solid to switch to if that doesn't work.

I found a site selling codes for the noire widow skin for $25... I bought one because it's my favorite by far. Probably not the best use of money objectively but I'm glad I did it. I love the color scheme, attention to detail, spikes on it, everything. Imo it's one of the best designed skins in the game. It makes me feel lethal lol idk.

Ppl keep auto locking sym in my games and then we get utterly trashed T-T. I don't wanna be a dick to them and tell them not to play her on her maps but at the same time I wish ppl wouldn't play super risky picks like her if theyre not like a god on her. They almost always die before getting tele up. Maybe I'm just getting unlucky idk lol.

Starting to think I should not play ana unless dva is already taken. I don't feel like I have as big an impact with ana, maybe I just need to improve on her but idk what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I can't get into a position where I can heal all of them at once because they're constantly splitting up and fighting like one 3v3 on point and another 2v2 somewhere else. I try to tell them to not get caught up in irrelevant fights but they aren't really listening. I guess everyone has to deal with these kind of things at one point or another so I'll try not to let it bug me too much.

sandshrewz

POTATO
I played a couple of placement games yesterday and today. For today, lost 2 games while in a 3 man party, then won 3 in 4 man party. We had 3 support mains and one DPS carry in the party lolol. The two other support mains got placed in Silver and Gold, definitely not what they should be. Also the Silver player was better than the Gold imo. Literally rank doesn't matter. Me and the DPS carry are still doing placements and we both ended near/at 3k last season. It's quite the party rank disparity lols. We've been matched with Diamonds and stuff and also Plats. Silver is just really awkward I guess. But she didn't deserve Silver seriously, so we partied up to get her rank going or we likely can't even play with her if we placed around 3k. Anyway, she carried the weight of a Diamond playing mainly Zarya/Ana, some D.Va at the end. Anyway I'm really proud of both the Silver and Golds right now. They played pretty well and clutched a lot too. We turned two near unwinnable games into our favor somehow lols. Helps when you have an insane DPS carry who can probably get up to Masters/GM just fine if he actually bothered to, 2 other players who are underranked, and idk I just exist and shot call the heck out of everything lols.

In the end we managed to clutch our third game after some intense feeding by the 2 randoms (lol), and we upped both of them to Gold and Plat respectively. The games weren't super good but I'm really really proud of the two of them lols. The Silver->Gold in particular for actually playing pretty well on Zarya despite being new to her and zoning enemies as D.Va much better than I expected. Our party is definitely unbalanced composition and skill set wise, but whatever man we did work. #rankdoesntmatter

In case people have not yet realized, you are intentionally being placed lower than your skill rank unless you are already at extremely high ELO.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
First days of master were amazing, it's getting full of shitheads lately. I guess there goes my only chance to get GM this season :/

I have just played two games in silver so far. I had an absolute blast. the team communicated so well and we all worked together better than any of my matches in gold. it was actually a positive experience.

all i see here is "I could have got to Grandmaster playing characters who aren't completely terrible!"

jk grats
I wish! I'm not good enough for GM though, especially when the only characters I'm really good at are Mercy / Symm :'( that's why I decided to go solo-Symm instead :)

And HailFall if you want to support a Symm pick try a Reinhardt! He's pretty much required on Defense anyways, but having him on maps like Hanamura and Volskaya makes orb spamming so much easier :D

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Though 76 is the best on that map, it's basically his playground

Edit:
All maps are his playground but that's his favorite

HailFall

im having trouble getting out of this 2500-2600 range.. i feel as if ive come to a standstill because im not sure what i should be doing better if i want to climb further. Idk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)