Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I do this a lot and I make sure to keep an ear on flank routes near me so I could hear flankers coming.
I'll be sure to silently creep on lone Ana's with my floaty legs. hahaha i kid.

Anyway ya it's all just rules of thumb and what not. You can basically just no scope like Rein every range since they're large and slow with shield up. You can no scope Winston for the most part if you can land air shots unless they're AD spamming pretty far away. I personally dislike how hard it is to see Ana's projectile though. Makes it harder to get feedback and compensate your next shot haha. Aim for 70/70+ acc as long as you aren't farming and should be fine in general. Don't worry if acc drops when people keep diving you and you're forced to fight them more often, it happens. Just show them Ana's boss and make them regret cos Ana just wins 1v1 lol.

With Ana I think hipfire is okay if you're just sort of spamming healing into a cluster and it's not mid battle. The issue with scope healing is the hitbox is so large that often you cannot get around targets like hog or Dva (just get out of the way fuuuu).

But scope healing is my preferred way to heal, and getting quick scopes down helps you a lot of the time with targets like Phara and Genji.

My two cents.
Hm does the projectile actually help you not fat aim your tanks? Don't really know but that's interesting. Also ahahaha yes when random things block your heals :C Worse still if they block your grenade after you tried to jump shot it over their head but they jump or walk into you ;o;

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Quality of matches is getting quite bad and the season is oficially ending the 22nd. So yeah, s3 is basically over.

Omg guys! Finally hit Top 500 with solo Symmetra! That's like the ultimate goal haha. Here are some pics of it

Honestly the whole idea of playing only Symmetra came as a joke back near the end of season two, before I even knew she was having a rework... just because I loved playing her so much and I had seen some funny videos of other people doing it. Played the first ~15 hours of her pre-patch and hit Masters, then after the patch I started doing much better with her until eventually got super high up! Pretty crazy because I've never been this high in any video game before, especially not with a character people consider "bad' lol. So crazy!

Also, if you're interested on a "guide" of sorts, I made one in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SymmetraMa...re_here_finally_hit_grandmaster_with/dd988ul/

Anyways sandshrewz I have no idea what "specs" and stuff means, like "8GB RAM, NVIDIA 940M" is a foreign language to me haha. It's a pretty new-ish laptop if that helps? I'm fine if the FPS isn't great (I don't really plan on playing a ton of, if any, comp) I just don't want like under 30 FPS lol, I want to be able to actually play the game if I'm going to buy it again x_x

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LightningLuxray Don't worry I was (still am) a computer noob until I bought a new laptop and had to learn about specs and stuff (especially so to run OW! haha). hit the windows key, search for 'dxdiag' and run the command. Paste your processor and memory RAM from the first tab, and from the Render tab paste the chip type and its memory.

We'd probably get a better idea of how much FPS you should get. Useful links:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/overwatch-system-requirements
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7637

ah! another symm main "proving a point" by going literally solo symm the entire season!!

i hate u..
Thanks b! Lmk when your Genji finally hits top 500 :heart: (if ever! :x)

Really though if you read what I said you'd know I'm not trying to prove a point, I was / am just doing it for fun and ended up climbing hehe.

sandshrewz here's what I got (it won't let me copy/paste for some reason so I have to type it manually, so if there are any errors I apologize!):

Prossesor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MN RAM
Chip Type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Approx. Total Memory: 8264 MB

This look good? I can't read the articles atm but I will when I have the time, thanks so much for the help

Last edited:

sandshrewz

POTATO
Might want to check the chip name if it's supported in the blizz article just in case. Most likely yes though.

75% render scale should be suffice for you since you have better specs than I do.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks b! Lmk when your Genji finally hits top 500 :heart: (if ever! :x)

Really though if you read what I said you'd know I'm not trying to prove a point, I was / am just doing it for fun and ended up climbing hehe.
SICK BURNNNNnnnnn from the console symm-only top 500 oh my lord. i cant exist anymore. please end my misery,,,

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SICK BURNNNNnnnnn from the console symm-only top 500 oh my lord. i cant exist anymore. please end my misery,,,
Don't burn console too much. It's actually pretty hard to rank due to the amount of leavers. I think my Ana game would transition well to PC personally

Has anyone tried out the server browser yet on the PTR? What are some good custom games you've seen? What are some good ideas?

One of the more popular custom games in LoL was Catch the Teemo, and I've been thinking about how you'd best do an OW version. Since we'll be able modify the cooldowns of individual abilities, we could give Sombra near-permanent stealth and make her hide from Winstons or Meis or something. Make Sombra the sole defender on a 2 CP so she can hide, and attackers would ignore the point and try to kill her. I think it could be really fun and good to practice map knowledge!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I didn't try too many servers but I did try a 300% movement speed Lucio-only mode with no cooldown on amp it up where if you get hit by anything you immediately die. So you're one shot by melee, boop (which still had 4 sec cd) and his left click. And another mode with no cooldown on ana's sleep dart where if you get one shot by all left clicks, also had very high movement speed. They were fun for maybe 1 or 2 mins then I got bored.

I've seen a lot of "boss fight" servers while browsing though and they seem to be fun.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Ya boss fight modes remind me a lot of vs Saxton Hale/freak fortress 2 from tf2. Haven't tried them a lot but it seems fun

sandshrewz

POTATO
So it's nearing season end and I was bored and decided to have some chill comp games since I was kinda okay if my rank dropped cos idc anyway. Heard people tend to throw more in season end but I wen ahead anyway and got the same thrower for 3 games in a row lmao >_> was pretty annoying. Thrower aside, as I said before I probably should bother ranking up my comp SR cos as it stands my QP mmr is better than my comp SR lmao. Pretty common to get masters/gm on qp but I have to deal with plat-diamond games where nothing makes sense in SEA region and it doesn't matter if you build ult fastest, clutch the most times, etc, it just goes pretty randomly imo. Serves me for being lazy hahaha.

BUTTTTTTT. I was pleasantly surprised and played like the best soloq game I ever had at near 2.9k (rip lose streak!!). For the first time in ever all players were on voice chat, which is freaking rare in SEA LOL, probably similar to like other mix language regions. I played Ana and we had a weird KOTH comp with Ana/Mercy, and we had a 3 man stack. They were all pretty chill and I just slid into my shotcalling mode since that's literally my strongest aspect though I don't play Lucio to shotcall and have to mutlitask everything u_u! It was really great to just call every single small thing and people just followed out of trust. Also Ana is such a strong character lmao with such huge carry potential. Single handedly denied like 3 Earth Shatters (albeit they weren't good shatters but could still wipe the team anyway..), tilted an enemy Mei by heal tanking frozen Mercy, kiting/killing enemy Genji... A lot of things lol Ana's kit is so overloaded. Ended up calling too many things that didn't happen cos the enemy somehow didn't realise to execute things that could potentially wipe us lols, but w/e better to overestimate the enemy.

I must say not being able to see your team ult all the time is pretty annoying and keep asking like how much is your ult >:| hahahaha. HUD improvements plssss. Having to count 11 ults is not fun okies I'd rather count just 6 thanks heh. Played some Zen too cos Zen is too fun but still can't win games even though outhealing Ana, always getting ult first, etc heh. Ana is just easier to clutch with cos you can't shoot during Transcendence rip.

Basically way too fun being able to do what I do best, shotcalling. Even though it's just plat-diamond and I don't even need to worry about my life (unless monkey :C) so it's generally easier to keep track and read the situation. Wouldn't mind if I get the chance to play in a proper 6 stack (and no I'm not gonna play Lucio lol).

edit: also this https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753148967?page=2#post-26

'24 is not who you think it is.'

CAN I HAVE MY DAMAGE RESIST SUPPORT PLS THANKS

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
if i had to guess we're getting soundquake (this guy), athena, or liao as the next hero. We'll have to wait and see but im excited, was never too interested in doomfist

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i finished my placements for season 3 after having overcome my extreme ladder anxiety.

i went into this mainly as a very shitty ana / lucio main, playing soldier when my team needs dps, and i gotta say i started off quite well. the first game was a loss but then i went on a win streak of three, making me feel quite confident in my support skills. sadly, after that i hit a wave of attack bastions and brainless junkrats, and while it is obviously very easy to blame them, i feel like i genuinely played some 5v6s / 4v6s in my placements. the last few games were pretty close, apart from the very last one, in which our plat opponents basically had impenetrable defense on eichenwalde and our team didn't know how to deal with their overwhelming offense.

i was very scared i was going to be ranked somewhere like bronze or low silver, because i felt like i didn't really perform all that well, and perhaps i had some shaky performances in there, because it is quite difficult to heal with ana when your team comps are 4 low silvers playing dps :toast:

anaway, i was rather surprised when i got the following result:

so obviously i didn't do that great, but at least i'm not bronze right? i'm hoping to reach high gold or maybe even plat by the end of season 4, because i feel like it can be a lot more serious now i'm out of my placements and ranked in a relatively decent tier (for my skill level)

sandshrewz

POTATO
Two random highlights from today; decided to upload to YouTube instead for slightly better quality though apologies for 480p and 30fps lol. Also warning: might be loud >_>! ahahah

Not sure if it's audible but I just called against Zarya D.Va combo. I did overkill there with Dragonblade for the lols basically. Also I didn't hear Junkrat using rip tire :c

Probably gonna trigger people by how often I check flank and press tab, even between shots lol.

iLlama

Nothing personal, I protect my people
Omg guys! Finally hit Top 500 with solo Symmetra! That's like the ultimate goal haha. Here are some pics of it

Honestly the whole idea of playing only Symmetra came as a joke back near the end of season two, before I even knew she was having a rework... just because I loved playing her so much and I had seen some funny videos of other people doing it. Played the first ~15 hours of her pre-patch and hit Masters, then after the patch I started doing much better with her until eventually got super high up! Pretty crazy because I've never been this high in any video game before, especially not with a character people consider "bad' lol. So crazy!

Also, if you're interested on a "guide" of sorts, I made one in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/SymmetraMa...re_here_finally_hit_grandmaster_with/dd988ul/

Anyways sandshrewz I have no idea what "specs" and stuff means, like "8GB RAM, NVIDIA 940M" is a foreign language to me haha. It's a pretty new-ish laptop if that helps? I'm fine if the FPS isn't great (I don't really plan on playing a ton of, if any, comp) I just don't want like under 30 FPS lol, I want to be able to actually play the game if I'm going to buy it again x_x
This is why console overwatch is a joke. Honestly can't stand when I face symm-torb and my team refuses to run dive and pharah. Just boggles my mind how incompetent masters can be.

This is why console overwatch is a joke. Honestly can't stand when I face symm-torb and my team refuses to run dive and pharah. Just boggles my mind how incompetent masters can be.
Haha well there are actually more top 500 Symms on PC than on console. I think it might have to do with lesser turret damage on console, or just a smaller playerbase on console in general, or both idk. But yeah your best bet against Symm if you have to solo her is Tracer or Pharah, Junkrat is also pretty good but your team might get mad if you play him lol.

iLlama

Haha well there are actually more top 500 Symms on PC than on console. I think it might have to do with lesser turret damage on console, or just a smaller playerbase on console in general, or both idk. But yeah your best bet against Symm if you have to solo her is Tracer or Pharah, Junkrat is also pretty good but your team might get mad if you play him lol.
I can only carry my team as pharah or tracer so much lol. Haven't had a problem with solo queue until the ptr change happened and my teammates magically forgot how to play the game at a high level and peeps started randomly quitting matches when we had the lead or the infamous rage-quit because they walked into sentries and an ice wall. That alone dropped me back 300 sr and now i'm stuck in mid-diamond sr hell until the season ends tomorrow.

On another note, i'm not sure if anyone has happened to type in "overwatch tier list" on google recently (i did earlier today because somebody asked what i thought about it) and by chance the first site that comes up offers boosting, so, being ever so interested in how much people were willing to pay for top 500, i just had to take a look. Honestly haven't laughed so hard at something so pathetic in a long time. Thoughts on the chances of little teenagers running off with their parents' credit cards?

Skill Rating boost from 0 to 4400 or more for $2461.08
Skill Rating boost from 3000 to 4400 or more for $1995.00
Skill Rating boost from 4000 to 4400 or more for $1276.00
Skill Rating boost from 4350 to 4400 or more for $242.00

Pretty decent if you're looking to make a pretty penny lmfao

aVocado

@ Everstone
I can only carry my team as pharah or tracer so much lol. Haven't had a problem with solo queue until the ptr change happened and my teammates magically forgot how to play the game at a high level and peeps started randomly quitting matches when we had the lead or the infamous rage-quit because they walked into sentries and an ice wall. That alone dropped me back 300 sr and now i'm stuck in mid-diamond sr hell until the season ends tomorrow.

On another note, i'm not sure if anyone has happened to type in "overwatch tier list" on google recently (i did earlier today because somebody asked what i thought about it) and by chance the first site that comes up offers boosting, so, being ever so interested in how much people were willing to pay for top 500, i just had to take a look. Honestly haven't laughed so hard at something so pathetic in a long time. Thoughts on the chances of little teenagers running off with their parents' credit cards?

Skill Rating boost from 0 to 4400 or more for $2461.08
Skill Rating boost from 3000 to 4400 or more for $1995.00
Skill Rating boost from 4000 to 4400 or more for $1276.00
Skill Rating boost from 4350 to 4400 or more for $242.00

Pretty decent if you're looking to make a pretty penny lmfao
those sites are super expensive and no one uses them lol, I've heard about ow boosting in other forums for much cheaper.

iLlama

I always figured it existed for overwatch like any moba or rpg, i just wasn't expecting for it to be on the first tier list site on a google search and cost over 2 grand, it's hysterical

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)