SM OU OvO

> OvO <

Introduction

One of my favorite starters ever, Decidueye has a beautiful moveset as well as the hitting extremely hard. I wanted to build a team for my beautiful bird. Move aside, bird-jesus.

Teambuilding Process

I started with Decidueye. I wasn't sure exactly what type of team this would be, but it is built pretty aggressively.

The Team

OvO (Decidueye) @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Sucker Punch

The star of the show, OvO himself. Swords Dance is set up for sweep, and Leaf Blade, Sucker Punch and Spirit Shackle for coverage. Of course, with the decidium Z, with swords dance up, he takes out some of the heftier pokemon in the tier.

+2 252+ Atk Decidueye Sinister Arrow Raid vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 378-445 (107.3 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Decidueye Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 373-441 (58 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Decidueye Sinister Arrow Raid vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Celesteela: 397-468 (99.7 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Decidueye Sinister Arrow Raid vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex: 306-360 (100.6 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Decidueye Sinister Arrow Raid vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 463-546 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bird of Pray (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

I needed a defogger. Originally, I had Tapu Fini in this slot, but I realized how bad Tapu Fini is, so I ditched it for another bird god. A very defensively bulky set, running Roost for recovery. Zapdos is a better fire type than most fire types, and can take out some of the most annoying threats in OU. Discharge is extremely powerful STAB coverage for Ninja and Tapu Fini.

Tapu datass (Tapu Lele) @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tapu Lele is by far my favorite Tapu. Its stupidly high special attack stat allows it to do ridiculous amounts of damage. I'm running a more bulky set, capable of staying on the field a few turns as well. Taunt to break stall, and moves for coverage.

poke.exe (Beedrill-Mega) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Tailwind

My favorite Mega, Beedrill compliments Tapu Lele perfectly. Able to outspeed and OHKO Mega Alakazam, take out all 4 Tapus, and deal insane amounts of damage first, Beedrill makes an ideal pivot. Poison Jab and U-turn are primary STABs, with Drill Run for Heatran and Magnezone. Tailwind sets up double speed for Tapu Lele, and the opponent deals with 3 turns of hell when Lele comes in. Psychic Terrain prevents Beedrill from being killed by priority. They compliment each other well.

Go away weavilexd (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Originally, I was running the DDance set, but the set was too flimsy. I decided to go with a bulkier set that can tank a few hits while also having the ability to sweep through teams. Rest and Sleep Talk for survival.

abcdefghijkLmnopqrstuvwxyz (Greninja-Ash) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Originally, I was running the spikes protean set, but I changed to Ash-Specs for revenge killing and generally hitting things hard as fuck. U-Turn provides it means to get out of bad situations, and Water Shuriken is priority.

Conclusion

My second team, this one is far more serious than the last. I wanted a team that could showcase my favorite starter, and this is what I came up with.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)