Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Normal Spam

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Pachirisu Voltturn

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
PACHIRISU VOLTTURN

Hello friends!! It's Ktutverde, the addict to Pachirisu, and I have decided today to present a Funny and Competitive team!​

Everybody in high ladder (I mean 1700+) have met at least once my pachirisu teams (I did like 15 teams). I've tried everything in a core with him, and I today reached the highest rank I could do with this almost useless squirrel. Playing with it is hard because he is frail, very frail on the defensive side. I chose the set I used in Pokemon Black2 vs the champion of the league XD : Specially Defensive staller. Let's have a look to this team!

PROOF OF PEAK​

Team Building Process

Before you criticize me, please know that I chose Pachirisu not only because it's my favorite mon, but because it has a small OU niche. For those who don't know what is niche, it's a role that a pokemon of a lower tier does in OU better than his rivals (Pachirisu is usually inferior to raikou, manectric, rotom etc).

1) Pachirisu absorbs volt switch thanks to Volt Absorb, and therefore blocks perfectly opposing electric types thanks to its special bulk.

2&3) Pachirisu being able to put rotom down to 20 percent or less, I paired it with a fast attacker and a revenge killer sporting great synergy with it.

+

4) Then I needed a keldeo counter, water resist and lopunny counter since landorus was scarf.

5) One gengar+serperior+venusaur+other grass check.

6) And finallly the much needed rocker and Bisharp+Weavile+Scizor counter.

DONE!! Let's have a detailed analysis!

THE TEAM ANALYSIS

Marmita (Pachirisu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Careful (+spD -spA)
EVs: 248 HP/ 252 spD/ 8 def
-Nuzzle
-Toxic
-Super Fang
-U turn

Say hello to the new OU threat! Marmita is the ultimate Manectric+Raikou counter. The calm mind variant just loses to a slow uturn followed by Landorus scarf U turn, Pachi eats boosted HP ices till raikou can't make more subs. Versus bulky Offense, pachirisu comes on Rotom, tanks up to 3 Hydro, absorbs sometimes a volt switch, and toxic him. Then, whatever comes he super fangs and it's -50% in any case! Nuzzle is for volcarona, clefable, and everything immuned to toxic or too dangerous.
Great alakazam+gengar check, nice tornadus+wOw talon switch-in too. Bring it on slow scalds and get a toxic.

Desert Wind (Landorus-T) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly (+spe -spA)
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
-Earthquake
-Stone edge
-U turn
-Knock off

Lando is standard, and was chosen because all my previous pachirisu builds had no revenge killer. Lando was the only one fitting well and which allowed me to beat SubCM raikou via a u-turn loop with pachirisu. Great synergy with pachi (opposing landorus are lured by super fang and toxic, same with rotom). Knock off helps to get rid of Rocky Helmets (every rocky user is a landorus counter), so that metagross easily launches strong moves.

Bluejerk (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear body>Tough Claws.
EVs: 252 atk/ 252 spe/ 4 def
-Meteor Mash
-Hammer Arm
-Thunder Punch
-Pursuit

Gross was an amazing choice because it fixes Pachirisu's poor effectiveness in OU. Fast, able to sweep unprepared teams (notably sandstorm builds), he also has a weakness to rotom, which is lured by Pachirisu and can't grab momentum thanks to volt absorb. It serves as diancie+gardevoir+lati check, can easily come on the field after pachirisu nuzzles and superfangs clefable to the point he can't risk using T-wave and has to soft-boil. Meta is usually the wincon vs every playstyle.
Pursuit because Ice punch had no use in the team, and latios is a big threat. Still Gliscor might be a threat, but in this case I would rather use HP ice tornadus.

Feast (Slowbro) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold (+def -atk)
EVs: 252 HP/ 232 def/ 24 spD
IVs: 0 atk
-Scald
-Psyshock
-Slack Off
-Calm Mind

Standard Bro. Counters almost every physical attacker, but I use it for keldeo, lopunny,talonflame SD/band etc. A great landorus switch-in. It usually sweeps bulky offensive teams when electrics have been toxiced and superfanged by pachirisu. Not much to say, helps vs zardX etc... AND MEDICHAM which is a destroyer vs that kind of builds.

White Wind (Tornadus-T) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Hasty (+spe -def)
EVs: 96 HP/ 160 spA/ 252 spe
-Hurricane
-Superpower
-U turn
-Knock off/HP Ice

Standard pivot, it's the third of my team with pachirisu and slowbro. The real strength of this combo is that they handle many OU threats and pivot so as to bring Metagross in. Moreover Volt absorb+Water+Flying is an amazing combo and enables pachirisu to recover health on volt switches more often than one could think. I bring Torn on gengar, and when it is too weak, my only choice is too speed Tie vs him with metagross. Serperior is totally stopped, and superpower allows to kill TTar before he uses band pursuit. Another time Knock off, because it works very well and always gets rid of rotom Leftovers, so metagross and Lando have an easy time.
HP Ice is an option if you use the team, since I already have knock on Lando and gliscor is a pain.

Mario (Infernape) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP/ 52 Def/ 208 spe
-Stealth rock
-Will-O-Wisp
-Close combat
-Slack Off

"Here we go!" It is me Mario, and I run a defensive spread recommended by Smogon, able to survive to Diancie's earth power, kyurem's one and retaliate with a powerful close combat. This move is preferred to low kick for power constancy, and the ability to kill a weakened rotom, or hit hard diancie on the switch (up to 67%), while low kick does nothing. The spread allows to outspeed lead chomp, burn it, survive the EQ and set up rocks. It is not a staller able to stay long so close combat's drop is ok. If you set up rocks and keep enough health for countering Scizor, Weavile and bisharp, your opponent will have trouble for breaking the Metagross+Infernape core. Stealth rocks over taunt because... who the fuck finds use on taunt? This move is ass on an Infernape since clefa and slowbro, starmie etc just wall it to death!

I'm very proud of this team, even if it is by no mean extremely good. It just works in high ladder and that's enough for me. Amazing players can probably do even better with a Pachirisu, but I'm not such a skilled player: what I've done is really enough for me, and I can now stop using Pachirisu (I've spent more than one month with it).
I hope you enjoyed my unique playstyle, and I can now end my third RMT.
AH! I forgot some little things:

SHOUTOUTS
-My spanish friend Maybe Win who supported me and loves pachirisu winning battles
-His friends that now are mine too, Egalvanc and Prince
-Lifeisaroll my italian friend because if you get haxxed, well "It's Life"
-Niko, the one with a Dunsparce as an avatar (many nikos here), who really supported me and my Marmita
-Storm Zone who often says that my Pachi teams are great, that really motivated me
-All my opponents, even those who get salty vs pachirisu, because I need battles to improve my weird teams and adapt them to OU !!
REPLAYS
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-414362892 : pachirisu+slowbro defeat a thundurus nasty plot without losing one HP
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-414357658
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-414345569
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-414439807 : I predict so well that I win. Won't happen twice

REPLAYS WITH OTHER PACHI TEST TEAMS

Birdspam Pachirisu (see above) is a viable team in OU but struggles a bit with rocks, so I preferred presenting this one which works better!!
See you in my next RMT friends !!

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello there, big fan of the team :]

This team is really well built so there's not much to say, but one thing I noticed is that this team can lose to a good Zard Y team quite easily. Tornadus-T can't do anything back while Pachirisu can take 1 hit it can't switch in. The rest of the team is OHKO'd except Infernape but since it's slower it's not the best check either. So, I recommend using 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe on Infernape, this set allows him to outspeed Mega Charizard Y and actually keep using Slack Off until the sun is out, making it an effective switch-in (though if rocks are on the field it might be harder). It also has the added affect of outspeeding many threats such as Jolly Excadrill and Mega Medicham, both which are hard-crippled with a burn (Slowbro can't check Mega Medicham if it has Thunder Punch). You can also opt for 248 HP / 52 SpD / 208 Spe to outspeed Garchomp leads.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hello there, big fan of the team :]

This team is really well built so there's not much to say, but one thing I noticed is that this team can lose to a good Zard Y team quite easily. Tornadus-T can't do anything back while Pachirisu can take 1 hit it can't switch in. The rest of the team is OHKO'd except Infernape but since it's slower it's not the best check either. So, I recommend using 248 HP / 68 SpD / 192 Spe on Infernape, this set allows him to outspeed Mega Charizard Y and actually keep using Slack Off until the sun is out, making it an effective switch-in (though if rocks are on the field it might be harder). It also has the added affect of outspeeding many threats such as Jolly Excadrill and Mega Medicham, both which are hard-crippled with a burn (Slowbro can't check Mega Medicham if it has Thunder Punch). You can also opt for 248 HP / 52 SpD / 208 Spe to outspeed Garchomp leads.
You are completely right, but I didn't mention I have never met zardY with this team. The fast spread is recommended by smogon and I knew it existed, but I just kept this spread till the day I would be swept by a zardY. Never happened yet but I will add a sentence concerning this. Thanks a lot!!

Niko

is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hahaha you've done it! Cool team bro, maybe you can give tw>psyshock on slowbro because char x is a bit problematic :)

Ktütverde

of course
Here you can see why calm mind is important. Pachirisu blocks rotom and via rocks+knock off he finally faints, so slowbro sweeps vs the famous medicham+keldeo team :)

cool. just wanna recommend this infernape set:

Infernape @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Low Kick

more bulkier and rocky helm is nice to take stuff like uturn or whatever. close combat defeats the point of ur ape set. also lives chomp eq, but dont worry about trying to outspeed and burn it as some chomps use lum berry

Are you a mexican Ktut? Nice use of Pachirisu regardless.

Before watching your replay vs storm zone I noticed that for a VoltTurn team you don't have hazard control. Haven't you thought of a hazard removal mon or at least ways to outhazard your opponent?

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
:o I'm not rating this but I used Pachirisu and I swear, AV max spdef with Nuzzle, Quick Attack, SuperFang and U-Turn is the best set :]
XD for me toxic is the best move on pachirisu, and the lack of hazard control is a bit fixed by lefotvers. deafeating rotom is imposible with AV :/

Ktütverde

of course
Are you a mexican Ktut? Nice use of Pachirisu regardless.

Before watching your replay vs storm zone I noticed that for a VoltTurn team you don't have hazard control. Haven't you thought of a hazard removal mon or at least ways to outhazard your opponent?
Not mexican, I'm spanish+french (it's not a joke). Honestly, when u use pachirisu, you have to make heavy team compression for the last 5 slots due to pachirisu poor effectiveness in OU. I still struggle with this team in OU, and adding defog just looks imposible. Latitwins don't work with pachi, starmie is too frail and I need slowbro, excadrill can't be all out like gross... I honestly tried but no way^^

Ktütverde

of course
cool. just wanna recommend this infernape set:

Infernape @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Low Kick

more bulkier and rocky helm is nice to take stuff like uturn or whatever. close combat defeats the point of ur ape set. also lives chomp eq, but dont worry about trying to outspeed and burn it as some chomps use lum berry
MMh true but leftovers are handy so as to recover half rocks damage^^ both are viable and both can be knocked off x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)