paintseagull's art thread

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think that captures everything that is wonderful about your style, dear paintseagull.

The paper-y texture in the background just adds to the whimsical nature of the piece!

I wish I would get cards like that.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Happy New Year everyone!!

Arterview update!

Secret Santa art! I hated this idea at first until I actually started drawing it, then I realised what a perfect combination this is! Ferrothorn is still ugly though :)

Mienfoo for da smog!

And some photos! Got a new telephoto lens and a light scoop (cheap thing that improves the built-in camera flash on SLR's) recently.

That's all for now! Hope to have some more drawings soon!

If that dog isn't the cutest thing I ever saw, I don't know what is.

Such clear and crisp photos with beautiful composition, you're definitely multitalented.

wow, your art is amazing! i especially like the roguish expression of the pikachu in team-lemon line, and the tea cups -- so cute!

Posting to say that this is an amazing picture. I love how you caught the details on the feathers and the slight reflection on her eyes. How close did you get to that magnificent bird?

paintseagull

pink wingull
Posting to say that this is an amazing picture. I love how you caught the details on the feathers and the slight reflection on her eyes. How close did you get to that magnificent bird?
Thank you! I didn't need to get super close since I was using a telephoto lens. This was taken at 180mm.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dragons!!!!

Reallllly like the upper left, so curious and playful. Your other smog drawings has left little to desire as well, and I'm very jealous of the quality of your camera (and the skills to sue it). Always been a fan of taking photos up close.

paintseagull

pink wingull
Finally time for a new art post!

Necturna pre-evo design

Viable NFE's Smog art (Hippopotas is really fun to draw)

What's new in NU art: Angry Birds!

Ignoring the fact that Volmise is the only other pony fan because I like the colours on this..

And a photo!! Took this in Santa Barbara when I was there a few weeks ago. I have more from that trip that I'll post later

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The LC and Angry Birds one are great + cute + idk what. HAHA. Since when did Rotom-S become a bird and get eyebrows >.> haha. I like your style a lot! :)

paintseagull

pink wingull
I wanted to do a tumblrmon with Wingull but it turned out suckyyyyy

Oh well I'll prolly do more :)
You guys do some! (Draw you with a favourite pokemon wearing an outfit inspired by that pokemon)

Rubber boots were a poor choice in retrospect :\

Volmise

.:The Firefly Light:.
is an Artist Alumnus
D'aww! What are these creatures from? They almost look like something I'd expect from a virtual pet site!

First one is a cute babby dwagon from her mega dragon post, and the second is the baby form of CaP 1, Scratchet.
Both are so cute~ <3

happy thread birthday!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really like that acid spray from its back. Frilled lizards overall are cool and a great design for this CAP.

also dat Electabuzz hnnnHNNNG

paintseagull

pink wingull

So here's my latest piece for the smog. I only had handful of hours one night to do this. I had a pose sketched on paper, so I re-sketched it in photoshop, then got it in my head to make a purple background to compliment the yellow. Once I got to lines, I got frustrated since I had been using thin lines lately but they weren't working for me. So I just started painting... time constraints meant that I had to kind of just go with whatever happened.

Anyway here's the result and I actually am completely not sure if I am proud or ashamed of it? I'm not really looking for validation, just an honest opinion of what you like or don't like about it!

Wow I haven't told you yet how much I adore this piece.

I actually really really love it, I'll probably use it as a wallpaper cause he colour scheme is so lovely. The yellow and purple work super well together, and the purple shading gives it super lovely depth. It also helps that you're a master painter heh :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)