1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pal Park Multiple Times Within 24 Hours Glitch

Discussion in 'Stark Mountain' started by ΩDonut, Jun 9, 2007.

1. ΩDonut

ΩDonut don't glaze me bro
    is a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Found here. I didn't see it around the forums anywhere, so I don't think anyone here really knows about it.

I just tried it, and wound up transferring 12 Pokemon within half an hour. Nice glitch!
  2. TempestJG

TempestJG

i almost never transfer anyway so i have no need for it.
    the only times i ever transfer is when a fully EV trained Pokemon is ready to be brought into D/P from my Emerald, since Emerald imo is the best game to breed and EV train.
    and this usually takes AT LEAST a day for simply one pokemon.
  3. Andren

Andren

So true [shakes head in disappointment]...

Oh, well, at least I can now transfer breeding chains over quickly...
  4. Familiar Trainer

Familiar Trainer

Amazing find.

Now I can transfer 100's of cloned Rare Candy's from my Emerald at a time instead of having to go through the Elite Four in D/P 30 or so times before a Pokemon reaches level 100.
  5. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Most awesome news I've seen in a while. Now all we need is a mass cloning glitch like Emerald's and we're set.
  6. Judgement

Judgement
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

this is really great. this + emerald's cloning glitch will make things a LOT easier.
  7. Easton

Easton

Awesome find! I don't have R / S / E / FR / LG though, so that sucks for me
  8. CT20

CT20

This is awesome./

I got sick of using CMbliss today and i had to wait 3 hours to migrate my S-Toss/Aromatherapy Bliss.

Why was this not revealed earlier on ;p
  9. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

nice glitch. now I don't have to complain as much about waiting another 12-24 hours/day
  10. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Nice. I wish I have more than one cartidge :(
  11. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

awesome find.
  12. sarunibi

sarunibi

This rocks, especially since I have all 5 advance games.

this should definitely be stickied...
  13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

AFAIK, if you re-set the date on the DS to your current date, then you need to re-sync whichever cart it was that you used multiple times.

I.E. today is June 9th, I import from Emerald three times, which would put me at June 11th (or 12th) on the DS. If I set the DS's date back to June 9th when I'm finished, I would need to re-sync the date w/ Emerald before it would act properly again.

I'm not 100% certain on this, but a few days back I mass imported rare candies/PP Maxes from Emerald, then re-set the DS's date. A couple days later I tried to import from Emerald again and it told me I needed to wait 24 hours. I figured it was because it thought the date was however many days ahead from all the importing I did. I couldn't remember what the date should have been, so I just jumped it ahead two weeks and it worked fine.

So I figure if you're not going to be using the trick for at least a day, and you want the DS's date to be correct, just make sure you re-sync your cartridge for when you're going to have downtime.
  14. Treedweller

Treedweller

Ooh, cool glitch, but I'm still waiting on a mass cloning glitch in D/P a la Emerald; I hate the GTS so much.
  15. Larvi

Larvi

Are there any ill effects of setting the time back on your DS after you are through with this cheat? I know pokemon diamond and pearl keep a log and it would be pretty obvious from it that your time was reset. I saw this trick posted on Gamefaqs quite a while back but didn't use it since I r don't want anything funny to show up on the cart should Nintendo decide to do another JAA style event. I managed to get all of the pokes I wanted transfered over anyway doing it legit. So much so that I'm almost out of room to store anymore pokemon on my Diamond. Only 2 boxes left.
  16. AlleyViper

AlleyViper

That's a good question. I haven't personally seen anything sketchy going on with my game, but that doesn't mean it's not flagged in some way or another. If there would be any way of the log being an issue, I'd imagine it would be if the game keeps more information than it shows. When I access my journal, it only keeps 10 days worth of information, and while it currently has dates ranging back and forth from June 8th to June 22nd, if there's no backup then presumably that'll all get wiped once enough time passes.
  17. pooch

pooch

I hardly think you could be disqualified from a Pokemon tournament for changing the time on your DS. What would you do when the clocks go forward/back an hour?
  18. shadysback321

shadysback321

I agree with this post.
    It also make's it easier to check IV'S cause I can transfer over Rare Candies from Emerald.
  19. Origin

Origin

Oh hell yes.
    Now I don't have to wait a year to get every single flipping pokemon in the game! (lol)
  20. DevilinDenial

DevilinDenial

To believe I thought people knew about this.
  21. Larvi

Larvi

Yeah, I agree that it probably isn't a big deal even if there is a record somewhere of it. But I know games like animal crossing do have negative consequences for time traveling, so I'm surprised that pokemon doesn't.
  22. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

It does...sort of. Time travelling in Pokemon will cause Berries and other time-based events to stop growing/working for 24 hours. This is just a little glitch around that issue.
  23. deathshadow8895

deathshadow8895

Interesting! I don't need to try it though, as I already have most of my pokemon transfered. I don't see much use in it though. I'm not sure why anyone would want to transfer that many pokemon at a time.

~Ewww, I don't like the cloning glitch in GTS or emerald. It's useful, but it's still sorta cheating.
  24. ZRDragoon

ZRDragoon

IMO, Diamond and Pearl's Power EV items make is so much easier. I don't even give Vitamins to my pokemon and I can finish EV training something in like 25-30 minutes on that fisherman with 6 magikarps or the cowgirl person with 5 bidoofs. Wild Pokemon is harder, but Vs Seeker stuff makes it easier.

Nice find, BTW.
  25. TheMantyke

TheMantyke slow
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

neato glitch

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)