1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Papa Zheng Retiring from Pokemon

Discussion in 'VGC' started by TDS, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TDS

TDS

To whom it may concern,
    I am officially retiring from Pokemon. I got an internship in Cambridge this summer and I won't have any time for Nats or Worlds and basically can't take days off for them.
    I will be going to the Philly regional where I will give all friends (chodes, ducks, seniors, and others not mentioned) wins and hope you guys get the top seed and dominate Nats and Worlds! Don't let Ray Rizzo dominate again!
    Depending on the job schedule next year, I might come back for a year or so, who knows. It's been awesome meeting and chilling with you guys at Pokemon events and I hope to see you again.
    Props go to
    The Chodes- Who have been training and trolling with me since the beginning. Hopefully Dragonfe can finally go to some goddam events.
    Team Seniors- Our next generation of pokemon trainers. Stay strong guys, don't let outsiders win.
    Ducks- I have to admit I was skeptical about you guys at nats due to some old "fights" I've had with older members but that's the past. You guys are awesome and so fun to hang out with at Nats. Worlds wouldn't have been the same without you.
    Team Skarmbliss(although this is basically the chodes since we do the same thing, ray just doesnt have chode sprit)- The most hilarious people ever. Created a trollish and fun community that dominates in competitive play. Keep it alive Thomas Mifflin and Ray Rizzo. Don't forget to make Trista Medine mad and go insane.
    Schambers Brothers- Amazing duo of battlers and great friends. Best brothers in pokemon next to the zhengs and I guess the Ha's too.
    The Tyler Min Aaron Simon In N' Out crew- Best food crew in the world. Hilarious and funniest group the hang out with. Yerrrrr Surf Herdierrrrr
    Daniel Levinson- Great friend. Helped me out with TCG and VGC too. We always have fun planning meet-ups and hang outs in NYC. Pokemon Business man of the year!
    Aaron Zheng, Brendan Shouldhavewonworlds Zheng- You two are the best "family" I could have. Thanks so much for the Nats trip (and the team) as I couldn't have made it to worlds without you. You 2 are the best in the world and both of you better take Nats and Worlds this year. Amazing family including your random assortment of pets and you should have won the family award, not the Arnonlds. Good luck and win!

I will miss you all and hope you guys continue to dominate the competition.
  2. BlueCookies

BlueCookies April Fools 2009 Participant
    is a VGC 2012 Masters World Champion

NO

RIP simon yop, it was great knowing you all these years. Hope your internship leads you to a good future irl. Hopefully I'll see you irl at least one more time before you're gone from the pokemon scene for good.
  3. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I commented on this on Facebook.
    Sad to see another one go, but was a pleasure meeting you at Worlds this year. Wish you all in the best in the real world, and next winter, you can all plan the meetup round me, and I'll book flights before they go mad again.
  4. theamericandream38

theamericandream38

Posted this on facebook but it was deleted on accident:

Im sad to see you go simon, but im glad we were able to hang out this year at Nats and Worlds. I wish you the best of luck in your "real life" endeavors and hopefully you will be able to make it to events in the future =) We will miss you!
  5. Jibaku

Jibaku Not taking FS requests atm.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Will miss you :(. You didn't mention Team Chipmunks >:(
  6. dfe

dfe

man, everyone's quitting now. you're a great friend simon, and i wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

also nob i quit mons months ago so no VGCs for me
  7. Human

Human

Going to be different with you leaving VGC :(

Good luck in your internship and may it lead to even better things Simon!
  8. Drifblim

Drifblim

My I didn't even know u played pokemon thought that was just the kids! Too bad you have to leave though
  9. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

(ps actually not my dad)

anyway, i'll miss you simon! i'm sure our paths will cross in the future. you really made our extra vgc 2011 trip worth it, and i'm so glad that we got to go to worlds together! congrats on the internship, and see you soon :D

also team #tylerminsimonaaron is the best worlds 2011 for life <3
  10. Vein

Vein

you'll be back though for sure
  11. CalzoneCannon

CalzoneCannon

Sorry to hear this, although I didn't know you, I hope you do return to pokemon some day. Since you are going to Philly i could meet you there. Have fun at Cambridge!
  12. Oberon

Oberon

watch, you go compete and then end up winning by accident (or not?!)

TWIST ENDING

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)