1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Paralyze Team-Suggestions please-

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Emperor of Flannel, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Emperor of Flannel

Emperor of Flannel

Hello members of smogon just asking for advice and feedback on a paralyzeteam I've always wanted to pick up and use. all feedback and advice are welcome thanks.​

[​IMG]
    (Hastsezini) Giratina @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 Sp.Def / 4 HP
    Impish Nature
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roar
    - Rest​

The basic idea is to tank and Phaze the opponent's team it seems simple basic and it just outright works and the plus side ghost typing is always a +​

[​IMG]
    (TonsO'Fun) Chansey @ Evolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
    Calm Nature
    - Seismic Toss
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Heal Bell​

The Cleric of the team and probably one of the best walls I've ever seen haha xD Yeah again Paralyze the opponent stoping sweepers from setting up and hopefully if the Para starts to get lucky a few S' Toss and that should finish the job. it also supports Girantina's lack of recovery from rest and can also prove the same for snorelax​

[​IMG]
    (Diabetus) Snorelax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 HP
    Careful Nature
    - Body Slam
    - Curse
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk​

Now I know Curselax has lost his luster and shine in today's metagame but the idea of taking advantage of a crippled oppponent and setting up curse can absolutely change the momentum of a battle. Honestly he seems to be able to carry the whole team on his own but I love Curselax.​

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ (Leftovers?/Choice Scarf?/Life Orb?)
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 HP / 4 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Substitute (Stealth Rock?)​

Flinch Hax Jirachi annoying, Powerful, OU ...I kinda don't really need to say anymore he just NEEDS to be on a para team my only problem is what hold item to run :/ Since the Paralyze will support the lack of Speed IV's scarfing Jirachi seems pointless and Leftovers while great seems like overkill seeing how most team members run it. Life Orb was a the item I was planning on running taking advantage of Wish and Higher Atk Stat. Also seeing how I lack an entry hazzard Should I swap Sub or Stealth rocks? I seems only logical as Chansey and heal bell away a problem status.​

[​IMG]
    (Dio Brando) Togekiss @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Hp
    Bold Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Thunder Wave
    - Roost
    - Substitute​

ParaFlinchHaxorz... Yeah if it's still a shocker this team is a Paraflinch team Togekiss is there to bring the pain Flinch, Flinch and more flinch ​

[​IMG]
    Shaymin-s @ (Not exactly sure what hold item???)
    EVs: 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
    Modest Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Seed Flare
    - Synthesis
    - Leech Seed​

Anything Togekiss can do he can outrightly do better o_o I know this pokemon is cursed to wander the depths of the banned list but it's just too much fun. Flinch and a seed flare that can lower Sp def by 2? Wow can he can leech seed what is not to love.​

Thank you for taking the time to read and evaluate please give advice on what to add/remove and change.
  2. IFailAtPokemon

IFailAtPokemon

I think you'll need to be much more specific. I mean, 'not exactly sure hold what hold item' isn't really going to help someone rate your team, is it? And some of your descriptions are okay but ones like Togekiss's need to be better. Good luck.
  3. blitzlefan

blitzlefan I remember it all too well...
    is a Pre-Contributor

On an Ubers team, Snorlax and Togekiss simply aren't all that viable, as though they might be able to tank hits, they aren't going to be doing all that much damage, especially as Ubers stats are a LOT higher than that of Snorlax and Togekiss. Also, what is Snorlax going to do with only Body Slam against a Ghost-type such as Giratina-A/O or Arceus-Ghost? Even worse is that a lot of Arceus-Ghost carry Calm Mind, which means that they can easily set up and sweep. Also, any mono-attacking pokes with Refresh like Arceus-Dark or Latias can begin to set up and then clear themselves of any obnoxious statuses. Furthermore, though I know it's what you're centering your team around, and that Paralysis is a useful status, you have 3 pokes running Thunder Wave, which can be easily avoided through any RestTalk users, Substitute users, or Ground types in general (hint: GROUDON or GLISCOR; they will wall the majority of your team).

Suggestions: As your team doesn't have that much of an offensive presence and simply relies on ParaFlinch to win the match, I suggest a Kyogre to deal with Ground types, as they are immune to Thunder Wave, probably over Togekiss. The Specs version is very useful, and your team could use an answer to Groudon and to sun teams in general, as Jirachi and Shaymin-S are both Fire weak. This is the set I recommend:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder
    - Surf

In addition, an amazing poke that goes well with Kyogre, and can set up entry hazards as well as provide the Paralysis support you like is Ferrothorn. With an excellent typing and superb defenses, Ferrothorn seems a lot more likely to stick around and provide paralysis support, while wearing down threats with Leech Seed and Iron Barbs.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Spikes
    - Power Whip
    - Leech Seed
    - Thunder Wave

With Ferrothorn providing reliable Paralysis support, you can afford to dump Thunder Wave on Chansey, and perhaps run Toxic over it, as or else you have no way to deal with sturdier walls such as Lugia or Ho-oh. However, as both are often seen running Substitute, a more offensive approach to dealing with them can be found in Zekrom, as he has a STAB super-effective move that hits through Lugia's Multiscale. Zekrom could probably go over Shaymin-S, as Shaymin-S is quite frail and seems a little bit out of place on a defensive team sucha s yours.

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Bolt Strike
    - Outrage
    - Dragon Claw
    - Volt Switch

On your Giratina, I think that if you run Rest, it's almost required that you run Sleep Talk, or else you're basically set-up fodder for the omnipresent EK Arceus, CM users (eg Latias), DD Rayquaza, etc. Try running Sleep Talk over Shadow Sneak, as how much damage is it really going to do, with no Atk investment whatsoever and only a base 60 (w/ STAB) power and running on a 100 base Atk? Also, as you have Jirachi (and Ferrothorn, maybe?) on your team, Thunder Wave is not completely needed, and so you could consider Dragon Tail or Will-O-Wisp on Giratina, as to spread entry hazard damage or cripple a physical attacker. Definitely run Stealth Rock over Substitute on Jirachi, as Stealth Rock is effective in keeping Ho-oh, Lugia, and that ridiculously overpowered Kyurem-W in check. On Jirachi, I think you should run a spread of 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD as to tank more hits, and Thunder could possibly be run over Body Slam, as for more damage/coverage, but then you run the risk of being shut down by Ground types.

All right... that was long... hope it helped! GOOD LUCK! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)