NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Approved by shade. Also kinda approved and cohosted by Da Letter El

OHOHOHOHOHOHO

What is going on? Within the country of the United States of America, everything seems to be going quite peaceful... except the 2016 presidential election, race riots, and all of this goddamn pointless terrorist acts happening across the world! You flip to the news channel and you hear the legendary future esports caster: Steven Snype take the stage.

"Well Da Letter El, it seems that across the entire world, countless acts of terrorism and racial biases leave this country in a more tense state higher than RODAN's on/off relationship with Firebot. Nobody knows what the hell is going on, but people are dying every other week ---"

Your TV goes black, but you hear one thing:

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMAFS;LKJDG;LKSQJGLKFA;LKDSJFA;LKFJDSAKL;FJSALFJSA;LFKJSA;LKFJSA;LFKJSAFDAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look outside and find a big cloud of black smoke. It appears the NBC news station has blown up as one commercial plane flies right into it. It seems that Steven Snype has died as the NBC building comes down into a pile of rubble. However, through the wind rustling by, you find this piece of paper

Dear Steven Snype,

You are Steven Snype, the awesome news caster. You have never consistently written any role PM of a game you hosted to make it easier for the mafia to fake a claim. As host of the game, you may or may not have some important influential powers.

Because you care about equality, you know that all villagers are the same. There is nothing special about any particular villager.

You are also a champion of democracy and civility. This game ends when the living players elect to end the game. You know that there are win conditions associated at this point and at this point only. A player does not have to be alive to win the game. All that matters in terms of win conditions is what game state happens when the player ends. The main village's win condition is to end the game while there are at least a certain number of villagers alive and if there are no threats to the village still alive.

Should you decide that a player is being a massive piece of shit with respect to the gameto the game, you can opt to have them subbed out or forcibly godkilled. Moral of the story: it would be best if nobody was a dick to you. I'll be lenient on this.
You find a wild praj.pran nearby and asks "what the hell does this cryptic paper mean? I don't know how to play mafia."

A Bass shows up and decides to neatly write out a document. Here it is!

praj.pran reads through this document and scribbles down some more things after reading through Bass' notes and proudly declares "THESE MUST BE THE RULES!"

1. For the lynch vote, all players also have the option to end the game. This in effect ends the game, but it is a different outcome from voting from the other options.
  2. Should an end-game be voted, nobody will be lynched and the game will end and the village/terrorist win conditions will be evaluated at this time.
  3. The hosts strongly recommend voting this if you are sure that you want the game to be ended at this stage. If you are not sure about ending the game, you may still vote for No Lynch, which is a regular No Lynch vote and the game will still continue.
  4. To vote End Game, bold Vote to End Game

1. The game ends when the living players vote to end the game (determined by 50% of all total living players, rounded up to the nearest integer as majority).
  2. There is a difference between voting to end the game vs voting for no lynch. Should you want the day to end but the game to continue, voting no lynch is the route to go for. The End Game vote is an independent outcome.
  3. The village wins if the terrorists are dead at the time of game finish and if the alternative terrorist win condition (see Rule #4) is not fulfilled by the time the game is finished.
  4. Terrorists win if at least one terrorist is alive when the living players vote to end the game or if a significant (but predetermined amount known to the terrorists) proportion of the villagers are dead.
  5. Terrorists are publicly known to have an unknown amount of kills to be used during the game. This number may be 0, 1, 2, 3, or enough to blow the whole damn playerbase. Only the terrorists and the hosts know how many bullets they have. Not even the NSA will know before this game starts. The Patriot Act still needs to be ratified before they can do that kiddos.
  6. If there are multiple terrorists in this game, they will start united.
  7. This game can only end in a Terrorist Victory or a Villager Victory.
  8. No communication can happen outside of the thread between villagers. Communications between any terrorists must happen within a host-sanctioned group PM and include both Steven Snype and Da Letter El
  9. During nights, no posts may be made, but should a player be lynched, they are entitled to one death post shortly after they are lynched (within 6 hours of lynch post). This rule is just meant for good show. Don't be a dick. An "Oh drats" type of post is acceptable.
  10. To vote, Vote <Player> or Vote No Lynch. Note the bolding. This is so I can more easily differentiate votes from other text. To bold, highlight the text "vote player" and click on the B in the formatting menu right above where you'd type your post. Alternatively, surround your text with b tags like so
    Code:
    [b]Bold this text for me![/b]
    ==> Bold this text for me!
  11. Should you decide to change your vote, do not modify your original post. Post unvote followed by the appropriate vote you'd like to vote.
  12. Do not modify your posts. If you fuck up, you fuck up. It's human and it's a part of mafia. Posts will be reverted to their original content if there are edits made.
  13. In the case that at game start there is at least one terrorist in this game, should all terrorists in the game be eliminated, I will not announce the terrorists' elimination until the living players vote to end the game.
  14. Cardflip is on though. This means that I will reveal whether or not a player is terrorist or village at the end of the cycle they die. If they die during the night, they will be revealed at the beginning-of-day update. If they die during the lynch, they will die during the end-of-day update.
  15. Should there be a tied number of votes, the outcome of the vote will be randomly decided among the options tied for the most # of votes
  16. NEW: Should the result of a lynch be "No Lynch" on consecutive days, the game will end as if a "vote to end" had been called.

Bass picks up the paper. Skeptical of what he just read from what he just wrote down, he looks at the role PM of Steven Snype and compares it to the additions that praj.pran wrote up.

"This makes no sense! Snype's role PM mentions nothing about terrorists! What is going on?"

praj.pran "Ummm... Wait! I'll tell you how... but only if you can guess what Pokemon I am!"

Bass, being quite skeptical of praj.pran leads a lynch and billymills hammers the lynch for once in his life and together, they beat up praj.pran...

A little paper rolls out

Dear praj.pran

You are a terrorist!

Fuck everyone else, all that matters about life is you!

You win if <snip>...

C'mon guys, we all know what happened the last time praj was on a mafia team, do you really think I'd publicly reveal this condition already?

It appears that praj.pran was a TERRORIST! We surely know that he was responsible for Steven Snype's death, but how many others are there? More importantly, who is in this town? You find a registry containing every member of the town.

Da Letter El and I are hosting this. I'm still recovering from hurricane, but I have more stable internet access. Granted I'm still a workaholic, so expect me to be on about once every 24 hours for a few hrs during evenings EDT. If you have any questions, forum PM is the best way to go about contacting me. I'd also recommend using your role PM conversations for questions regarding the game. I also idle on Showdown and IRC as andrew, but that is less reliable as I may be out and forgot to close Showdown.

I adjusted the numbers for the signups we had and rather than make the two subs starting slots, it would be better for this game if we had the two subs as subs. I also mis-stated rule #3 as with rule #4 it is a tad bit inconsistent, so I clarified it. I also updated the rules a bit regarding posting. I will still be accepting sub signups and use them as and when they are necessary. All players, you have 24 hours to post in this thread at least once before I sub you out. (18:45 GMT -4, Oct 17 2016).

Following Day 1 will be Night 1 (meaning kills are active after this day, should they exist).

You will have 72 hours for Day 1 (18:45 GMT -4 Oct 19 2016) (See Post #275). Every other deadline will have 48-hour deadlines.

Day 1: (#77) ==> (#231) ==> Actual lynch(#385) -- pancake (Village Town)
Night 1: (#393) -- Blazade (Village Town)

Day 2:(#658) -- Haruno (Village Town)
Night 2: (#669) -- Josh (Village Town)

Day 3: (#940) - Dentricos (Village Town)
Night 3: No Death

Day 4: (#1156) - Former Hope (Village Town)
Night 4: No Death

Day 5: (#1431) - Aubisio (Village Town)

Last edited by a moderator:
vote vermin supreme vote haruno still the scummiest player i've seen outside of twin, but twin has been a more consistent player

speaking of which, cmon twin at least make up a reason for your vote

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
Conveniently, I die in the other game as soon as I start playing this one!

I like this mechanic (although I think it's been done before); it adds an extra layer of WiFoM to the game. Because Day 1 has already started, I highly suggest we get to the regular posting and not the shitposting (lol)

so lol

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
no never nl on d1 NOC, especially not in this one - the terrorists win if a certain number of villagers are dead regardless of how many of them are alive, so the longer the game goes on the more we risk losing

we need to lynch scum asap

Also, personally I am not as convinced that there's as much need to lynch someone every day this game. If someone dies during the night, we know that there are still scum. So especially later in the game, it would seem that the scum might intentionally not kill to fake their deaths and try to cause town to end the game.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Apologies, but host note that I did not make this clear in the PM but has been asked to me privately that I thought I had put in public knowledge and had this implicit assumption in wording of other rules, I will state this explicitly. Sorry for not explicitly making this clear.

Rule # 13: In the case that at game start there is at least one terrorist in this game, should all terrorists in the game be eliminated, I will not announce the terrorists' elimination until the living players vote to end the game.

Walrein Cardflip is on.

EDIT: ^^ added cardflip to the rules.

"In the case of at game start there is at least one terrorist in the game"

My god...

I'm never making that assumption but some math.

Assuming the terrorists have a finite number of kills and need to rely on mislynches it is better to lynch after the kills go off because more info.

Assuming the terrorists have overwhelming/infinite kills it is far better to start lynching now.

I think it's far better to start lynching and create day information instead of taking the disgustingly optimistic play of waiting till they run out of kills while hoping we can lynch accurately. Hopefully that puts the no lynch discussion to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)