NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's been kooky, that's for sure.

Anyway, here's the post you've all been waiting on.

Howdy everyone!

I quoted every single Flyhn and Asek post. And responded to most of them. Wanted to give thoughts on every player, and I thought I'd start alphabetically for kicks.

And then I ran into this.

hey y'all I'm working 5 days in a row public holiday rates in a tourist town for massive bank so my activity's gonne be kind of shite for the next few days

walrein poaching someone i assume he knows from another forum pretty much locks that dude in for town. as much as i hate using a sub to clear someone theres no way in my mind that Scum!Walrein would go to this much effort to find a good sub. Borath the Oscillator : casa micasa baby

I really dunno what to think about OM room considering theres such a lack of anything to think about lol. I think at least one of them or aubisio is scum but what have I got to work with to judge either on them really other than the fact that they are idling and generally just shitposting when they actually do decide to check the thread lol

I'm going to lay out the game as it is for me right now (THIS DAY)

Town circle : Borath, Texas, Hawkie
Dunno: Rssp1, Twin
Lynch targets: Aubisio, Former Hope, OM Room.

I think I'm missing a player from that list but I can't pin down who it is off the top of my head and i dont wanna check the OP

If I need to lay down more thoughts on why I'm saying this stuff I can, but I've put a lot of my thoughts into yesterday about what I thought if Dentricos flipped town and none of thats really changed

Quote or highlight me for questions and I'll answer, but uni and work are bitches so dont expect immediate replys.

my votes not moving for now btw and i havent forgotten about it
I'll go ahead and remove the parts that don't matter.

hey y'all I'm working 5 days in a row public holiday rates in a tourist town for massive bank so my activity's gonne be kind of shite for the next few days

walrein poaching someone i assume he knows from another forum pretty much locks that dude in for town. as much as i hate using a sub to clear someone theres no way in my mind that Scum!Walrein would go to this much effort to find a good sub. Borath the Oscillator : casa micasa baby
I don't think I ever really addressed it, and despite Asek bringing it up often, I had almost forgotten about it. Hadn't really fully registered. But now it has. And holy shit.

I maintain my stance that you shouldn't base a read off of OOG factors. That's one of my rules. But I was so busy focusing on that I didn't realize what this meant in regards to Asek. Let's talk about it.

Asek cleared a rather scumread slot, based on an OOG factor that only they ever brought up.

Scum would never do that.

Think about it. You're scum, you see a townie getting scumread by quite a few folks. They get subbed out. You think to yourself, "Myself," you think, "Scum!Walrein would never sub out like that for this skeleton." But you don't say that. Not out loud. Because Borath here is a potential mislynch. You need as many mislynches as possible. So you certainly don't hardclear the slot out of the blue because of the OOG factor. Only a townie trying to narrow the PoE would do that.

Sometimes, it's just that simple. Sure, I could keep reading, or I could've just not deleted my ISO up to this point, but why bother? My mind's made up. Asek does not do this as scum unless he's crazy.

Lock it in.

ASEK IS TOWN.

Next up on my alphabetical list is Borath the Oscillator. I have some insider information that he may be town. I've seen his Role PM after all-

It just now occurred me that due to the nature of my substitution I never actually saw my Role PM.

Well since I didn't get an invite to the scum chat I'm going to assume I'm town.

By the way nobody got the joke in this post so I'll explain it.

I was going to link you to the Hedging page on the MafiaScum Wiki but the site appears to be down at the moment.

Basically it's when people are wishy-washy and qualify all of their reads.

"But on the other hand", "I may be wrong", "Does anyone else think", etc.

Minor statements that make you seem less responsible for your reads. If you can sneak them by, they're an excellent tool in the scum arsenal.

But on the other hand, some people are simply wishy-washy by nature. It's not a guaranteed scum tell. From what I've gathered, Former Hope is one of these people. I may be wrong, but that is my interpretation. Does anyone else think it's NAI?
I gave examples of hedging, a scum tell, and then proceeded to use all of those examples. Nobody called me out on it. I was very sad.

As an aside I don't feel like making any defenses because who cares?

BORATH THE OSCILLATOR IS A SEXUAL PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS.

Next up is Gale, I believe. Gale was...

OM Room!

Who was...

Betathunder!

The fabled substitute sandwich! I never thought I'd see the day...

Anyway, this guy's top scum right now since I just cleared Asek, so let's see how this goes...

Well on D1 Betathunder was useless. And then he subbed out. What are the odds?

Anywho there's not much to work with there so let's talk about the Nightkill. Blazade was killed, and Blazade suspected several folk, including Beta. Suspicious? Not really.

Now, the Josh kill I'd be willing to theorycraft on. Josh had a hard town read on Betathunder. This transferred to OM Room. After he made sure everyone knew this, he was killed. Interesting...

I don't believe the kill was made to frame Walrein/Myself. I think it was made to make OM Room look better. Somebody play the X-Files theme for me.

Ok first of all; I'm going ahead and stating that texas is town. This is literally the same meta he had as town in the last game I played with him; and he ended up being a power role. Literally going exact same way too; so it could be possible set up but otherwise he's like 80-20 town; especially with his ISO's backing him up. <-- already read him before but just confirming

Let me explain rssp1 / josh / walrein a bit here.

rssp1 is just overall super helpful for town; with content that suggests it even more. He's been good at pressuring and reading and honestly all his logic is sound. He may of died off a bit lately, but that doesn't mean what he did before should be ignored.

Josh is just a bit everywhere; but his logic connects at some points, but falls in later ones. Overall the impression given is a chill town player who knows what he's doing; but doesn't matter if he's lynched or not otherwise then that we lose a town player; predicting him to be a VT instead of a power role.

Walrein... Just has good overall content really. None of his posts scream scum, his d1 posts were thought out and reflective and only say scum in the subtlest of ways. I guess Josh picked up on that? I haven't read the last two pages so idk who else is reading him.

Still reading aubisio since he kind of acknowledged my reasoning then died so yeah.

Again, I shouldn't really have to protect myself for beta's stuff !_!

What the fuck?

Josh is just a bit everywhere; but his logic connects at some points, but falls in later ones. Overall the impression given is a chill town player who knows what he's doing; but doesn't matter if he's lynched or not otherwise then that we lose a town player; predicting him to be a VT instead of a power role.

There are some people I know who would call this a scumslip. There are some people I know who would say it is an example of a derpclear being DENIED. I think it's closer to being a scumslip.

Let's look at the facts. There are no power roles this game. Simple enough concept to wrap your grey matter around. But here OM Room says he "[predicts] he is VT instead of a power role". That's where the derpclear comes in, and where it gets DENIED. But put that together with the entire statement as a whole. This is tone reading 102, so pay attention. (Full disclosure: Tone reading is a bitch.)

"predicting him to be a VT instead of a power role"
"logic connects at some points, but falls in later ones"
"doesn't matter if he's lynched or not"

Let's talk about something that jumped out at me here, most notably in the first quote. Would it surprise you to see any of these statements in your scum chat? Because I wouldn't be. Being on the lookout for power roles and dismissing the possibility of someone being a power role isn't really something townies do. Sure, at high level play you try to predict who is a PR and leave cover for them or try to save them from a lynch, but both of those things involve not mentioning you think they're VT. The only person who would care about narrowing down the PRs would be... scum, of course. The final quote shows a detachment from lynches, especially when coupled with the fact that OM Room seems to imply Josh is town, something OM Room shouldn't know.

This post is a fucking gold mine on the re-read.

One last little bit is his Walrein read. Plays it safe by claiming a town read but throws some shade by claiming Josh "picked up" on the "[subtle] scum[tells]". This of course leaves options open, so he could decide later whether he wanted to change his mind on Walrein/Myself, or just pocket the slot.

Just want to clarify your reasoning on me here; It's defending you and lack of activity correct?

On another note; does ANYONE have any information at all. If your a power role I'd reccomend sharing information but in ways so that you won't die at night =[

We pretty much need the information at this point.

(also it helps to know it's not nilla because that would be the greatest troll ever)
DERPCLEAR...

DEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNIIIIIIIEEEEEEEDDDDDD

Also blatant PR fishing.

Again.

Texas > Rssp1 > Hawkie > Borath the Oscillator - in terms of manipulative behavior

Rssp1 > Texas > Borath the Osciallator > Hawkie - in terms of likely to flip scum (Hawkie is for an Rssp1 lynch #1232, 1233)

Texas is avoiding Rssp1 after he subbed in for Shubaka (Day 1)

Doesn't make sense, is feeding the thought that Rssp1 is townread.
And is not taking a definite stance on day 3.
All three are definitely not scum, as in he knows something that he is not sharing

Lynch rssp1

Based on viability and to clear the mess.
Twin isn't on this list. NOTED.

Neither is aubisio, despite aubisio being the main wagon that day and at that point.

Also this post is absurd.

Speaking of manipulative behavior, Gale fudges the truth a bit when he says Hawkie is for an rssp1 lynch, thereby planting seeds in others' minds that "Hey, if two people think it's a good idea..."

What do I mean? In the first post linked, Hawkie is stating a fact, not presenting an attack. In the second post linked, rssp1 isn't mentioned at all. This shoddy argument is... well, shoddy.

I see both texas and hawkie as town so I dont think thats a possibility. Why do you think that's the case?
Yay we got a scum here!

Why do you think Texas is town?
This is nonsense.

"I'm townreading these two."

"FUCKIN- AMAZING! WE GOT 'EM BOYS!"

because when he was pressured, his defenses were townie. Although his posts/scumminess d1 and some of d2 were kinda bad, his contributions have otherwise been p good and I have a strong feeling that twin v texas is town v town.
That cannot tell you he is town.

Are you town hunting or scum hunting?

Can you get me the posts were his defenses were townie?
And if he was scummy D1 and D2, then what are you talking about?

Gut feeling that twin v texas is t v t in Day 5 = you are scum!
Yes it can. You're not the god who decides what tells people are allowed to use.

You say that thinking twin v texas is T v T means rssp1 is scum. Why? Because you disagree? Well too bad.

Oh, and if you disagree, that means twin is lock scum now that Tex is dead and town, yeah?

I'll tell you what I think. I think you're trying to either imitate your town game (which I haven't seen) or you're trying to powerwolf and doing a poor job of it.

I am not seeing straight thoughts from you.

I didn't ask you to get the posts where he was scummy d1 and d2.
If twin unvoted someone and voted Texas, then what does that even tell us wrt this context?

Read an argument as tvt, but where is the progress on those reads after that?
The confidence of that tvt read on day 5 is what is questionable.
You have shut down your scum hunting wrt Texas by clubbing him into a tvt with twin.
Alright fine, that's fair, you think this is a possible TMI. I can buy that.

But what the actual fuck does that last sentence even mean?

Also why the fuck would rssp1, as scum, want to clear two townies who are trying to lynch each other?

Because you are not converging the argument, you are diverging it.

Instead of talking about this game, you are generalizing a concept and asking me to take a stand. The answer to that question is simple, it depends on your motive.

In this game, you are not presenting facts, dancing around arguments and diverging them. Which means you are not trying to solve the game, but doing the opposite of it.

Which shows your motivation of doing so as scum.
Just let the irony sink in on this one.

Hmm okay if that is so, what about Borath the Oscillator?

Hanging out and letting us destroy ourselves with paranoia is a viable strategy for scums, and he is just loafing around without engaging in critical / meaningful discussion. I can smell confidence in his posts that I don't expect from a townie when we are almost half down without a scum flip.

Unlynch Rssp1

Lynch Borath the Osciallator
So the rssp1 wagon fails to gain traction. So Gale jumps again. Notice that while he jumps from wagon to wagon, he never defends aubisio. He doesn't want to stop that lynch, he just wants to make sure townies are going against townies.

Also the phrasing of "what about Borath the Oscillator?" is great. You don't need to ask permission to have a genuine scum read.

Tested traction, I think Borath has to be scum based on that.

Checking something atm.
Borath or Texas is fine with me.
First off, his traction argument is stupid. He goes on about it for a while without directly addressing it, hoping everyone will buy into it. Whenever rssp1 asks about it Gale responds with "it's complicated" or "it's a scumhunting tool" without going in-depth.

Secondly, despite stating I have to be scum, here's his next post:

Unlynch

Lynch Texas Cloverleaf

Is scummy in all variations of possible scum team, and is individually scummy, building a case on him.
Your confidence continues to impress.

rssp1 : This is an example of Scum confidence, which is something they would unconsciously exhibit right now.

With almost half of town being wiped out its common to have townies disheartened. Scums would be the confident bunch in this case.
I stand by my response.

You say that with a lot of confidence, friend.
At this point he makes a huge post about rssp1 that's basically just a bunch of baloney.

Seems the paranoia is real!
Thanks for the commentary, chief.

Lynch Asek

Wagon on, for clarity. I bet there wouldn't be a hammer on this wagon.
This is fucking ludicrous. Assuming that both Asek and Gale are town, and this was our last lynch (which we certainly believed), and there are at least two scum (which we also believed at the time and sort of believe now) then this would have been GG. A throw for the ages.

That didn't happen though. And I think Asek is town.

You do the math.

do you mind providing the convincing for your vote on me then

you haven't touched on me previously so im wondering why you're voting me.
^ Scum
This is getting near comedic. Can I stop this ISO now?

I will. I've decided.

Given you've gone AWOL, I'll take that as a concession.

GALE WING SROCK IS A TRAITOROUS CUR AND MY EARLIER COMMENTS ABOUT OM ROOM'S CHARACTER ARE LIKELY TRUE

So yeah that's my opinions on the lynches today. Thoughts? I could do twin and rssp1 also but I'm quite lazy.

i skimmed the post, borath brings up good points about gale
can someone PLEASE explain what traction is I still don't understand it
will re-read the post again

borath while I would like long posts like that again if you dont want to im not going to force you to do more
that being said, could you quickly summarize your thoughts on me, twin, and hawkie? do you think any of us are scum, or do you think there's only 1 scum in the game?

i skimmed the post, borath brings up good points about gale
can someone PLEASE explain what traction is I still don't understand it
will re-read the post again

borath while I would like long posts like that again if you dont want to im not going to force you to do more
that being said, could you quickly summarize your thoughts on me, twin, and hawkie? do you think any of us are scum, or do you think there's only 1 scum in the game?
I think there is an equal chance between 1 scum and 2 scum.

If I had to pick out of you three off the top of my head I'd say twin but I'd like to re-examine all of you before we call it game.

JS the gale vote on asek does not mean it's impossible for it to be a TvT with 2 scums because its 4 votes for hammer. Also why didn't you bring up gale voting and bringing up a case against me and hawkie.

So

Its because I finished uni exams and have a week off work

I don't idle unless I have to
ah fair enough, I can understand that

RE: Borath's post
I suppose that's a good point about asek, it seems very anti-scum to do something like that.

holy shit I NEVER noticed that's what you were trying to do when you posted about hedging T_T
good point about om room's weird post, I thought he was scummy but I never picked up on that.

yeah gale's points and arguments overall have been terrible, but i'm seriously not sure whether that's just a playstyle thing with gale (i havent played any noc games w/ him that I remember so i wouldnt know).

Like, similarly to how asek clearing someone based off of a reason that had not been said before is anti-scum behavior, wouldn't gale's entire gameplay be so obviously scummy that it's anti-scum? I mean, I really don't think gale would do that on purpose after seeing frustration multiple times, although I suppose after he was townread for doing so he just went full steam ahead.
gah I dont know like these were things that I saw too but I just dismissed them because they felt too obvious and thus wrong... but I hadn't considered the option where gale thought of that and thus committed it without worrying about being scumread.

(Insert hedging statement here)
What do you guys think?
(End of hedging statement)

Is gale unintentionally scumslipping as scum/town, or intentionally doing so to be townread? I suppose if he's scum making the gambit of "i'm scum and my partner is asek" then he might be intentionally seeming scummy.

I need some sleep
i'll be back in the afternoon, hopefully gale turns up because atm I really don't know who i'd lynch

gale do you have any defense for yourself

hawkie what are your thoughts on what I said
I think i'm just a lot more nervous about following through on these arguments based on what happened w/ dentricos but the gale lynch feels off to me

idk wtf gale was doing but shifting to/fro 4 lynch targets this close to the end of the game just isnt town he didn't care where the lynch was going as long as he was in control

Yeah that's true I suppose
I think my main issue is that everyone seems to be for lynching gale atm which means that if he is scum, he doesnt have any scumpartners? IDK that is throwing me off as well although I suppose bussing could be going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)