NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think i'm the only person who thought asek was scummier than twin
I dont actually think anyone wouldve gotten twin + asek so they did a vgood job
That was my last scum read before flopping onto borath at the eod where I got lynched

Reckon if I don't flop and stay on twin+asek as solve you guys have a chance

Alternatively if I don't die that night and can buddy gale who I was certain was town we have a solid chance

Speaking of, what was the reasoning behind cutting the votes at 7 Da Letter El? Feels like in cases where deadline is extended unexpectedly the natural course is to have votes count until the point of lock since you aren't censoring the posts that are made after the initial deadline

Kind of amazed I lasted as long as I did, thought I was going to die for sure after the Haruno/Former flips but somehow my defenses convinced people I was town

Mildly irritated no one jumped along when I brought up twin doing things that he was calling people as scummy for, I don't really know how to effectively pressure people yet, could have used some help with that

btw future hosts I'd like to scum at some point and get the opportunity to learn from more experienced players. doesn't matter when

This was basically a mountainous setup slightly nerfed in favor of the village with only two kills.

These games are hard. There's essentially no information to work with and you guys didn't know that there were no roles or anything to help out. I didn't super follow the game but I would just say there's no reason to take such a loss too hard. Mountainous games are very difficult to win as village (not to take anything away from scum - they played well to win).

Personally I think these sort of games are best in small numbers with short deadlines so things don't drag. I get the sense that the game went on and it got harder to keep track of stuff which is never good when all you have to rely on is posting. I did like the concept of the game though, and I feel like it might work better as an OC game.

e: I have been informed it was stated that it was all vanilla. So it's not as difficult as it could've been but still pretty difficult. My point stands!

Last edited:

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I don't know what to really say lol. Town went 7 days of straight myslynches though I did not have much faith in town winning even if we eliminated both twin + asek considering how the game design works. gg no re. Can we please please please please stop unvoting someone just because they shittalk you? Like come on now looool everytime texas/twin shittalk someone they get pressured to not vote.

really the only lynches that i'd say were bad were FH/Texas
dentricos self-destructed and haruno was lurking/inactive (aubisio was the exact same so we probably shouldn't have lynched him but eh)
Ehhh I get strong emotions. I still dont see how its remotely more likely scumdentri would play like that. Like I didnt need to make a push to try to get Texas to live because I thought he was town. As scum I universally benifitted more by staying quiet.

That being said I would say most people played fairly well.

Hawkie picked up on a lot of really good logic (in my eyes) and once fh finally died he locked onto twin and kinda asek. His game was thrown off by gale's scumhunting tactics (that came with no explanation) but he was amazing.

Rssp1's reads were both great before day 3 but he both kinda got thrown off after this. Also he kept it together at endgame which was well played by him.

Texas put lots of thought in the game and it showed late game with he reads being on point. He really should not have died that day... everyone should vote endgame.

Gale hunted well as he found twin/asek but probably should have been less hostile and explained his reads so he wouldn't irritate town hahaha

If Basil were there early game he would aced it imo. He was on point about how flyhn was posting. I really want to play a game with him where I'm alive ;-;

Asek's scumgame scares me because he looks so much like town trying to figure things out ;-; Only thing I noticed about him was how it was odd he unlynched aubisio in response to me lynching him which in general came off as manipulative.

Twin is great at manipulating people o.o didnt come off as that towny but he played people so well hahaha

Josh and Blazade were right about how the game should have been played. Note that reading their deaths actually would have lead to playing correctly XD

Quite frankly I enjoyed this game :)

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
I probably would've subbed anyway as town, I was really frustrated with this game.

My gameplan going in was regardless of faction was try to mimic my play from DBZ Mafia as perfectly as I could, because common concensus was I acted really towny there. I thought I finally found my place in NOC, and I myself actually felt like I was helping to find scum.

Problem was this game wasn't DBZ. There were far too many players whose playstyle I didn't know, the vote patterns didn't line up well enough to do the same analysis, and finding different methods lead me to nothing. Plus, I had less time on my hands this game due to it NOT taking place over the summer as DBZ did

So I simply did as town!me would when I realize i'm not helping and subbed out. As I said when I subbed out, i only plan to play NOC in the summer from now on, and I await the start of the second official game soon. Hope to see you there, this game was still a fun read after I subbed out, good job twin and Asek on the win :D

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
We really have to do something about the Smogon NOC issue lmao.

For some reason y'all suck at it =)

Anyways, interesting setup, well played Asek and Twin. Thanks to DLE and Steven Snype for hosting, hope everything is going well with the hurricane Snype.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)