QC: 1/3
GP: 0/2
Uploaded: No
Sets in Question: None
[Overview]

• Horrible stats and especially speed
  • BW2 Metagame is much more offensive
  • Only worthwhile stat is attack but that's only at average
  • However, Drizzle + Dry Skin is always good as it was (17.5% HP per turn)
  • In fact, dry skin lets it be a good check to rain teams as that overpowered specs politoed h-pump causes massive damage
  • Excellent choice of a Leech Seed user
  • Spore for sleeping
  • However, mediocre defenses even with investment
  • Bad typing (especially x4 weakness to fire), but some nifty resistances as well like fighting, electric, grass, and ground
  • Has physical Grass STAB to combat rain teams that are taking over BW2 and a water-type immunity is super useful, the whole reason to use it, and to counter Keldeo especially
  • Weakness to SR
  • Taunt bait
  • However, is rewarding when played right WARNING: MEANT FOR RAIN STALL, EVEN THERE YOU MUST HAVE GOOD SYNERGY
[SET]
name: Leech Seed
move 1: Spore
move 2: Protect
move 3: Leech Seed
move 4: X-Scissor / Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Dry Skin
nature: Careful
248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SDef

[SET COMMENTS]

• Spore is the crux of the set, sleeping or what you call removing one pokemon from the game
  • Spore basically cripples a whole entire pokemon for the whole game
  • Leech Seed + Dry Skin + Leftovers heals more than a substitute is worth to make which is always nice. Restores massive amounts of HP
  • Protect is amazing as the extra recovery lets you stall and take hits better pretty much everything faster checks it so you can stall with protect to get some HP and switch
  • X-Scissor is mainly used as Parasect has a decent attack stat to use it and prevent it from being Taunt bait, also Leech Seed immune pokemon are weak to X-Scissor namely Celebi
  • Substitute is a safe-gaurd and works amazingly with the ridiculous amount of healing
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

• Seed Bomb as it hits Politoed and friends hard, note that Parasect will be completely walled by grass-types though
  • Parasect can run 28 Speed EVs to outrun standard Wobbufett but is rare and Wobbefutt is stalled by Leech Seed though
  • Politoed is #1 teammate because it makes this set viable
  • Choice Scarf Gothitelle is good teammate because it traps and KOs most of Parasect's counters
  • Toxic Spikes is a excellent support option as it wears down it's victims even more
  • Rapid Spin or Magic Bounce is nice from preventing it from being worn down easily
  • Bulky water-types are good teammates and ground-types too because they have excellent synergy together
  • Dugtrio is a good teammate too because it traps Tyranitar and Ninetales who bring there fatal weather in for Parasect
  • Multiscale Dragonite resists Parasect's fire-type weakness has Multiscale and can even set-up on fire-types as well
  • The following EVs give it the most amount of defensive capabilitites so its Substitutes are harder to break
  • Toxic is an option, but Toxic Spikes support is much greater appreciated because it is inferior to Protect and Leech Seed
  • 248 Hp make sit switch into SR the max amount of times
[Other Options]

• Hone Claws boosts the accuracy of Leech Seed and it's attack, but that means it'll have to sacrifice Protect which isn't worth it
  • Aromatherapy can be used in the last slot for support but Celebi and Blissey do this better
  • Double Status with Spore and Stun Spore can be used but Amoonguss and even Breloom pull this off better
  • Parasect can run Swords Dance but is outclassed by every other Swords Dance sweeper in OU such as Terrakion and Landorus
  • Parsect has a shallow movepool having very few other options
[Checks and Counters]

• Parasect is difficult to counter if sleep clause isn't activated but after that it is WWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY easier to deal with
  • Anything with a strong STAB move can severely hurt Parasect
  • Sun makes Parasect a sitting Mushroom
  • Xatu bounces back Spore and Leech Seed and retaliate with Heat Wave or stall with Toxic
  • If Parasect is behind a Sub, it can gain some HP before switching so be careful about that
  • Tyranitar scares it out with Stone Edge
  • Landorus-T
  • Terrakion
  • Rain teams have some trouble due to the immunity to water and electric but Hurricane for the likes of Tornadus or Air Slash knocks it to the tundras
  • The bug has to beware of ice-type moves to from rain teams as water + ice have amazing coverage
  • Stealth Rock wears it down
  • Grass / Poison types wall it all day
  • Bounce Gyarados
  • Mamoswine and Scizor have priority to
  • U-turn from Scizor can easily break the Sub and then it can scout for a counter while gaining momentum
  • Most teams have a counter without even noticing however all of these have to wary of being protect stalled if leech seed is up because Protect and the defenses can stall out almost all pokemon in the game and the pairing with Dugtrio or Gothitelle
  • Though Ferrothorn can't do anything back, it can hard wall it because of immunity to Leech Seed and takes little to no damage from X-Scissor while setting up Spikes and/or SR but has to watch out for Spore
  • Tangrowth takes little damage from X-Scissor and can retaliate back hard
  • Tyranitar uses Sand Stream and can force it with its rock STAB, ty sand stream
  • most STAB fire-type moves still KO through rain
  • strong stab moves can kill it slah hurt it badly, pretty much every ou threat threatens it

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think substitute probably ought to be slashed behind x-scissor in the last slot, or possibly even relegated to AC, with protect replacing it as the main option. Protect is just way too good on something that recovers so much health every turn. Too much stuff is faster than parasect and threatens to kill it; protect lets you strip away their health whilst recovering parasect's at an astonishing rate. The main advantage of sub is the ability to pick your target with spore - if someone switches in sleep fodder that can't handle parasect, it puts you in a very strong position.

You need to stress the water immunity more. It's not useful "here and there" - it's basically the whole reason to use parasect - those rain boosted water moves are so powerful that simply resisting water isn't enough.

Also, could we see some justification for that spread? I would suggest focusing on special defense myself. Also, don't mention the 248 HP thing in set comments - it should go in AC. Also, it's very far from critical that SR weak pokemon have "odd hp" - you just don't want an HP stat divisible by 4 (and in parasect's case, if it were disivible by 8 as well, it would be desirable, but it isn't). Even then it's a tiny effect and as such does not warrant mention in the main comments.

tehy

Banned deucer.
yeah, but Parasect's main niche is infinite Subseed stalling because of that ridiculous HP recovery. With Protect, you can do it once and that's about it. Seeing as you have Spore, you can create at least one free turn. If you can parlay that into a kill, Parasect's essentially gotten 2 kills. And it's tough to stop with Grass-types because of X-scissor, only Ferrothorn (Admittedly a very common grass) can shut it down.

READY FOR QC CHECKS

@jc104 did some testing all your changes worked, i changed the set to Leech Seed now because SubSeed seems redundant with Sub being slashed, thx
@tehy Protect is actually better than the sub because para is too slow to set-up the sub first of all, has to spore and leech seed and dry skin doess to much, sub isn't doing anything special imo

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou12199770

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i'm confused as to why this should ever be used in ou over something like, say, amoonguss. if you could perhaps elaborate on that, i'd appreciate it.

i'm confused as to why this should ever be used in ou over something like, say, amoonguss. if you could perhaps elaborate on that, i'd appreciate it.
Amoonguss does have Spore but the point of this set is not to spread status but to abuse Leech Seed and Dry Skin. Amoonguss has Regenerator but that's only on the switch. Parasect also has a interesting typing giving it three horrible weaknesses but 5 nifty and awesome resistances. Ground, Electric, Fighting, and Grass are all common in this metagame so that is a plus over Amoonguss. Unlike Amoonguss, Parasect can check rain-team better because it has an immunity and gets HP restored. Amoonguss falls to repeated Choice Specs Hydro Pumps in rain and especially from Keldeo. Parasect also has a way to attack Celebi in X-Scissor/pokemon immune to leech seed. Parasect has Spore too, they have similiar speed, and they only difference is the small a mount of bulk, being able to absorb toxic spikes, and avoid toxic. Parasect can abuse substitute and protect as well and avoid a lot of KOs and has a bunch of switches against rain teams forcing them to be switched and cripple by Leech Seed or Spore. Amoonguss also has less offensive presence.

jc104

Humblest person ever
Yeah the key is that parasect is immune to water, letting it counter things like specstoed and especially specs keldeo, and that it is a lot more threatening than amoonguss, which basically just sits there doing nothing once it's used spore. Leech Seed is really useful, especially when combined with X-scissor to hit grass types.

@Cygnis - could you add ferrothorn to checks and counters? Although it doesn't handle spore and can't actually take parasect down, it's one of the few pokemon that doesn't mind leech seed or x-scissor (grass/poison types and maybe xatu are the only other things I can think of edit: maybe tangrowth too?). Ferro can set up lots of hazards on Parasect, so it's still worth mentioning even if it cant strictly beat parasect. There are also a few questionable checks and counters in there - celebi won't OHKO with HP Fire in the rain (at least not with an SpD spread) and clearly is highly vulnerable to x-scissor - remove. Tyranitar would be a very poor check if not for sand stream - mention it! Roost stalling with xatu is an awful idea (x-scissor), but it's still a great check obviously. I'd also reduce the emphasis on breaking the sub stall, as frankly it's a rare instance that parasect gets to start it (at least, it's hard to start it and have any way of dealing damage in the process).

Yeah the key is that parasect is immune to water, letting it counter things like specstoed and especially specs keldeo, and that it is a lot more threatening than amoonguss, which basically just sits there doing nothing once it's used spore. Leech Seed is really useful, especially when combined with X-scissor to hit grass types.

@Cygnis - could you add ferrothorn to checks and counters? Although it doesn't handle spore and can't actually take parasect down, it's one of the few pokemon that doesn't mind leech seed or x-scissor (grass/poison types and maybe xatu are the only other things I can think of edit: maybe tangrowth too?). Ferro can set up lots of hazards on Parasect, so it's still worth mentioning even if it cant strictly beat parasect. There are also a few questionable checks and counters in there - celebi won't OHKO with HP Fire in the rain (at least not with an SpD spread) and clearly is highly vulnerable to x-scissor - remove. Tyranitar would be a very poor check if not for sand stream - mention it! Roost stalling with xatu is an awful idea (x-scissor), but it's still a great check obviously. I'd also reduce the emphasis on breaking the sub stall, as frankly it's a rare instance that parasect gets to start it (at least, it's hard to start it and have any way of dealing damage in the process).
changed everything

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok

Its no secret I have a soft spot in my heart for parasect and after giving it a go and running into a few teams that actually used Parasect well im giving this a (bare) pass. However, you really need to emphasis its flaws (there are a lot) and the fact that its tiny niche is really the only reason why its getting an OU analysis. Its pretty much only effective on really defensive teams (ie Rain Stall) so mention those members as teammates.

[qc]1/3[/qc]

Ok

Its no secret I have a soft spot in my heart for parasect and after giving it a go and running into a few teams that actually used Parasect well im giving this a (bare) pass. However, you really need to emphasis its flaws (there are a lot) and the fact that its tiny niche is really the only reason why its getting an OU analysis. Its pretty much only effective on really defensive teams (ie Rain Stall) so mention those members as teammates.

[qc]1/3[/qc]
fixed thx

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really don't see the attraction of this thing. I mean, it is pretty much outclassed by Amoonguss, which is already mediocre in its own right. Yes, I know Parasect is immune to Water attacks, but since Amoonguss stops pretty much every Water-type apart from Gyarados anyway, I don't see why this is that much of an advantage. This is not to mention that it's not like Parasect is any more threatening than Amoonguss anyway (I mean, you're still getting yourself set up on by stuff like Dragonite, while SubCM Keldeo ACTUALLY sets up on you more easily than on Amoonguss. Threatening Grass-types (apart from Celebi) with X-Scissor is almost a non-factor either, since Amoonguss has Sludge Bomb which does the same. Resistance to Ground isn't that big either, since most Ground-types tend to carry Stone Edge anyway. Parasect is also weather dependent. I guess the ONLY real advantage that Parasect really has over Amoonguss is that it deals with Celebi a lot better (which admittedly is very important), but you've weakened yourself to so many more things, like Dragonite, Salamence and Gyarados, and that in itself is not worth it.

Yea but has advantages and downsides with amoonguss who is still viable regardless but the previous posters ave stated parasect a niche over amoonguss so the reason why is rain teams and the infinite stalling and still being to stall simultaneously weakening teams

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have to agree with shrang. Why would i ever use this thing over Amoonguss? Dealing with Celebi is the only possible reason i can think of, which is not good enough considering all the cons that Parasect has. I don't get why so much emphasis is put into Leech Seed, especially when Amoonguss has a much better healing option in Regenerator. Even with Leech Seed Parasect can still be set-up on and walled by Ferrothorn, Tentacruel (T-Sppikes or just pp stall), Forretress, set-up sweepers with Sub (Volcarona, Dragonite, Terrakion, Keldeo, Thundurus-T), Skarmory, and many other defensive Pokemon after Spore has been used. Amoonguss on the other hand doesn't even need Leech Seed with Regenerator and can instead use Stun Spore or Sludge Bomb, giving it more utility.

Amoonguss is bulkier on both sides, has better typing, is more resilient, is neutral to SR and absorbs T-Spikes and finally not dependant at all in rain to function properly. Parasect has shitty typing, shitty defensive stats, is SR weak, and the only things it has going for it are Spore and Dry Skin, which are just not enough. Even the Pokemon it is supposed to counter, Keldeo, 2HKOes it with HP Ice.

Sorry but Parasect sucks

QC Rejected 1/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
To be fair Amoonguss doesn't HAVE Leech Seed.

The thing about it is though, once it's burned its Spore (Admittedly, awesome in every way), what stops even non-sub sweepers from setting up on it? Leech Seed? That's annoying, but if you flat-out KO the opponent it won't kick in, and setup sweepers sort of specialize in that. You can switch back and forth to stall them out, which is a little utility, and it's not rejected by lum berry, but still, such bait, and if you lose that prediction game you are down a mon (And Stall teams don't like being in that position at all). And Counter Keldeo? Hell it can just Cm on it a few times, accept Leech Seed, and plow through shit. If you have a scarfer it's an acceptable pivot but so is other stuff.

Extra fun time: First, tenta can spin on it too. Or Toxic it, whee.

Amoonguss can stop Breloom and Rotom-W. Parasect? I'm sure it 2hitko's Loom but can it take 2 +2 attacks? (If you Protect it could SD again.) If Rotom-W burns it it can only heal 6% a turn, or by Leech/Water attack. Then he Volt Switches (With SR up hopefully). You die in a few turns, and even if you don't you are crippled as hell, weak healing and half-damage Xscissor.

May I also ask why you would use this over... Gastrodon? Seriously, what Grass-type are you beating? Celebi? As previously mentioned, Hp fire does a crapload even in rain, maybe defensive variants. (Maybe.) Ferrothorn? Okay, so it can't do much to you, but what can you do to it? X-scissor will kill it in about god only knows how many turns, and also means you only heal 6% a turn because of Barbs. It just lays any hazards it wants, maybe even para's you, goes about its merry way. Not an atrocious answer but... Pretty bad. Breloom? As mentioned, not all that well. It might be able to stop it, might not. I really ought to calc this. Amoonguss of course wipes the floor with it. Clear Smog does plenty and it can even paralyse you, it can switch out to heal any damage you do.

Seeing as you're rarely beating Grass-types, why this over Gastro? It's quadweak to Grass but you're double weak to Ice and with parasect's weak bulk it's much the same. At least he isn't totally boned in any other weather.

Super side note: Why does a RAINSTALL team desperately need a WATER ATTACK ABSORBER? Can you not find a water-type that works well in rain? Jellicent can Spinblock, Tentacruel Spins and spreads status with SubToxic or Tspikes, and Gastrodon of course is a gastrodon. Then there's Politoed itself, stuff like Heal Bell Celebi and Chansey, Ferrothorn, etc, etc. Either Water Absorb or Hydration Vaporeon, same for Lapras. Anyone see the recent Seismitoad analysis? Defensive Ludicolo is at least not weak to Ice while only 6% less healing a turn and better bulk than this bad boy, and has Water Stab to abuse. Amoonguss could work on a rainstall team I suppose. Yes, i am Fully aware that you're always going to be hit by Water-type attacks really hard on a rain team, but seeing as Water and Grass types benefit from rain greatly, you can always find some other absorber.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If you're running this on rain stall you need to keep in mind that Parasect has incredibly redundant typing with most good spikers on rain (see: Ferrothorn). I don't think I'd even use Parasect with any spiker other than Skarmory.
Warnings over how using Parasect may hurt synergy on rain teams and suggestions of the right Pokemon to counteract this would definitely help give it a useful analysis.

Is Parasect honestly that bad? While it has bad stats and weakning trash I think some thing may split it from Amoonguss and is outclassed by only like 5%.

Parasect nd Amoonguss both have Spore, but Parasect has much more healing. Trust me. An immunity to rain ins better than getting 2HKOed by Choice Specs Keldeo. Seriously, it is meant for stalling not as a wall. I think this thing should have an analysis and shouldn't be getting the attention slash crap that it sucks. Somehow, it deserves an analysis. Leech Seed and rain stall that is all. I will not make Parasect look goo. BAD but has a LS niche.

Made all the changes. Thanks my homies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
But how exactly is it stalling, cygnis? It's hard-stopped by most grasses (Even Celebi can torch you), can't do much to Gliscor (Toxic, Taunt, Swords Dance) , demolished by Toxicroak, beaten hard by Tentacruel, Forretress, and even Donphan. It's set up on by everything forever, too, especially Substitute users. Oh and it's semi-beaten by anything that can OHKO it which is a LOT, especially sans Sub, which is the worst part, doubly so with Protect. If you are forced to use Protect to stall with Leech Seed (You are.), I can just go to X pokemon that can OHKO you and force you out. Stuff like SubToxic Gliscor and Stallrein work so well because you can't just OHKO them, you have a sub. Which is why I said it should have sub in the first place, but it really is too slow and non-bulky to make effective use of it, and since Leech Seed isn't permanent like Toxic, it can't really do that well. Also, Leech Seed only drains 6% of your health after lefties in the rain, so any pretty bulky pokemon can stall you out quite nicely.

Parasect is an invitation for me to set up all over you, once it burns its Spore. Amoonguss? Clear Smog at the very least lets you force the opponent to kill Amoonguss and bring in a check,unless it's got sub, and it can break many of those. (Not Toxicroak, but still). And it can run Stun Spore to reject setup as well. Hp fire keeps ferro and forry at bay to an extent, if you run it. Not perfect but not lolworthy.Oh yeah, and any weather changer essentially takes it down. Bonus points for Ninetales which just wrecks it brutally.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Is Parasect honestly that bad? While it has bad stats and weakning trash I think some thing may split it from Amoonguss and is outclassed by only like 5%.

Parasect nd Amoonguss both have Spore, but Parasect has much more healing. Trust me. An immunity to rain ins better than getting 2HKOed by Choice Specs Keldeo. Seriously, it is meant for stalling not as a wall. I think this thing should have an analysis and shouldn't be getting the attention slash crap that it sucks. Somehow, it deserves an analysis. Leech Seed and rain stall that is all. I will not make Parasect look goo. BAD but has a LS niche.

Made all the changes. Thanks my homies.
Parasect doesn't always have more healing. It only beats Amoonguss in longevity when switching into water attacks, as Parasect's weakness to SR, bad defensive stats, and Amonguss's acceess to Regenerator mean that Amonguss will be the one left with more health usually. Also do your calcs, Amonguss is never 2HKOed by Specs Keldeo without SR, and it is 2HKOed 50% of the time with SR up without factoring in HP's accuracy. Parasect is a shitty staller, because anything that relies on Leech Seed to have a niche sucks this gen. Let me mention all the things that don't care about Parasect Leech Seeding them, can block it, or are immune to it and procceed to set up on it or just beat it: Skarmory, SubCM Jirachi (if it gets in safely), WishCM Jirachi, Skarmory, Heatran, Ferrothorn, Forretress, Amoonguss, SubDDnite, Hippowdon, SD Gliscor, Tentacruel, SubNP Thundurus-T, Venusaur, SubDD Gyarados, Conkedlurr, Sub +3 attacks Kyurem-B and Sub + Hone Claws Kyurem-B, and many other Pokemon.

So do you really want to base your arguments around Leech Seed so much, when by spamming this move you get set-up on by a myriad of Pokemon, offensive and defensive?

Furthermore my main problem is that Parasect can't wall anything due to its shitty bulk, and this is only made worse by Parasect's weakness to SR. Keldeo 2HKOes Parasect with HP Ice, special Landorus too, Politoed and Starmie with Ice Beam, Tentacruel owns with Toxic, etc, etc.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
well i was gonna type out why parasect sucks but shrang did it for me
I really don't see the attraction of this thing. I mean, it is pretty much outclassed by Amoonguss, which is already mediocre in its own right. Yes, I know Parasect is immune to Water attacks, but since Amoonguss stops pretty much every Water-type apart from Gyarados anyway, I don't see why this is that much of an advantage. This is not to mention that it's not like Parasect is any more threatening than Amoonguss anyway (I mean, you're still getting yourself set up on by stuff like Dragonite, while SubCM Keldeo ACTUALLY sets up on you more easily than on Amoonguss. Threatening Grass-types (apart from Celebi) with X-Scissor is almost a non-factor either, since Amoonguss has Sludge Bomb which does the same. Resistance to Ground isn't that big either, since most Ground-types tend to carry Stone Edge anyway. Parasect is also weather dependent. I guess the ONLY real advantage that Parasect really has over Amoonguss is that it deals with Celebi a lot better (which admittedly is very important), but you've weakened yourself to so many more things, like Dragonite, Salamence and Gyarados, and that in itself is not worth it.
for the reasons stated above, QC Rejection (2/3)

After all of this arguement,! I would say Parsect shouldn't deserve a analysis. It was okay in BW1 but this gen.... nah. Okay so Parasect loses. :P

jc104

Humblest person ever
Cygnis, please stop agreeing with the last person you hear all the time. I find it hard to believe your opinion is actually changing unless you really know absolutely nothing about the pokemon you're supposed to be writing about. Not convincing.

That being said, I would only lean slightly towards approving this thing, and bearing in mind how a number of other QC members seems so vehemently opposed, it doesn't look likely that parasect will get an analysis. Sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)