Parasect (Ubers Supporter) +

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only issue with Synthesis is that it wouldn't really help Parasect in the long run, or help its team. It would maybe help him recover some health, but it'll never be enough to take a STAB Dragon attack. Which is why I go for Light Screen over it. I mean if you want to use Synthesis by all means, but I don't think that it deserves a mention in the set.

What about Protect? I have used a Protect+X-Scissor Parasect with Insect Plate over Leftovers and it allows Parasect do deal over 52% to Wobbafett switch-ins. (Which can cause hefty damage).

This is also without an Adament nature. I opted for a +Special Defense - Special Attack nature (forgot the name).

Point is, between attacks, (before and after Protect), Parasect can heal 25% before taking its next attack, and all the while deal more damage thanks to Insect Plate, invest more EVs into its Defenses, and use a Defensive Nature all the while dealing and healing more damage than on the suggested set.

The only trouble is deciding what to replace Parasect's 4 move: (obviously keeping Spore, X-Scissor, and adding in Protect, and deciding between Stun Spore, Aromatherapy, and Light Screen).

Perhaps have a Blissey/Celebi with Heal bell, or simply rely on Kyogre's Thunder for Paralysis instead of Aromatherapy/Stun Spore, or a Light Screen Forretress?

Heck you could even keep Parasect's Leftovers and use Protect to heal 36% between turns (turning many 2hkos into 3hkos), as well as scouting in general. Shouldn't Protect at least be mentioned in other options?

Protect won't really help Ubersect at all unless you plan on trying to Protect against a Kyogre to see if it's specs or not. Only thing is, if it is, it's already going to switch so you've just wasted a turn while you could of just Spored a Pokemon to sleep. And, Synthesis isn't such a great move (imo) because the only time a Groudon will throw itself at an Ubersect is if it has Fire Punch. So, you're either playing in Rain, SS or Hail (>_>). If you use Synthesis in hail or SS, recovery % is lowered, same with Rain. It just seems like a waste of a moveslot when you could easily be setting up Light Screen. But as Jibaku mentioned, 60% with his effect and everything isn't too bad.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll post it in other options I guess.

EDIT:
Updated, with an other options paragraph.

Well, technically you could have a Groudon and/or a Kyogre on your team.

Parasect could take advantage of Rain when facing opposing Kyogre (rather than having your own), and be used as a counter, while Groudon would be on your team providing Parasect with Synthesis.

People are probably against Synthesis because they assume the Ubersect wont have Groudon on its own team, perhaps using Groudon on a team will still work with Parasect with Synthesis, and if the opponent happens to use Kyogre (they are still so common), then Parasect maintains its use.

It is simply a move that simply allows Parasect to take advantage of both weathers, which is something most Pokemon cannot do.

You may be right, but Synthesis still seems like a hog of a move slot to me, and now a team hog if we decide to go with your idea by placing Groudon and/or Kyogre on the team. I just think that we could make more of Ubersect's move set without Synthesis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)