1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

CAP 2 Part Deux: Closing Comments

Discussion in 'CAP Process Archive' started by Hyra, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyra

Hyra
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Well, we have finished our second Create-a-Pokemon. All that's left is for us to decide height and weight (which still aren't decided on Syclant) and for KoA to color in his art to match his sprite. Oh, and the Pokedex entries need to be grammar checked.

Revenankh
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Typing: Ghost/Fighting
    90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed; Total = 525 BST

Primary Ability:
    Shed Skin
    This Pokémon has a 30% chance of removing Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Poison, and Sleep at the end of each turn.

Secondary Ability:
    Air Lock
    While Pokémon with Air Lock are out, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled. Fire and Water moves are at normal power in sun and rain, Rocks have normal Special Defense in sandstorm, SolarBeam has 120 power and takes 2 turns, and Blizzard and Thunder have normal accuracy. The game will report that the weather is still going, however. The weather's effects will return when the Pokémon with Air Lock switches out.

Pokedex Entry #1:
    "It is said that REVENANKH have to train regularly to keep their physical form. Should one ever slack off, it will be reduced to mere bandages."

Pokedex Entry #2:
    "REVENANKH is known to inhabit tombs or crypts to avoid light and train itself in peace. However, if anyone disturbs it, REVENANKH has been known to chase the intruders for anything from a week to decades."

Pokedex Entry #3:
    "Though normally solitary, REVENANKH gather on full moon nights in remote desert locations. Contests of strength often follow."

Height= 6 ft. 0 in.
    Weight= 97 lbs.

Level Up Moves:
    1. Ice Punch
    1. Wrap
    1. Bide
    3. Sand Tomb
    7. Rock Tomb
    10. Imprison
    14. Arm Thrust
    18. Mean Look
    21. Glare
    24. AncientPower
    28. Shadow Punch
    32. Revenge
    36. Power Whip
    45. Hammer Arm
    52. Grudge
    52. Curse
    60. Moonlight

Egg Moves: (Indeterminate / Humanshape)
    Shadow Sneak (Dusknoir, Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb)
    Mach Punch (Hitmonchan, Infernape)
    Memento (Spiritomb, Muk, Weezing)
    Spite (Gengar, Mismagius, Banette, Spiritomb)
    Destiny Bond (Gengar, Weezing, Wobbuffet, Cacturne)
    Pursuit (Hitmontop, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Toxicroak)
    Ominous Wind (Drifblim, Spiritomb, Rotom)
    Knock Off (Hariyama, Sableye, Banette)
    Night Shade (Gengar, Sableye, Banette, Dusknoir)
    Nasty Plot (Spiritomb, Toxicroak)
    Force Palm (Hariyama, Medicham, Lucario)

TMs:
    1. Focus Punch
    6. Toxic
    8. Bulk Up
    10. Hidden Power
    11. Sunny Day
    12. Taunt
    15. Hyper Beam
    17. Protect
    20. Safeguard
    21. Frustration
    26. Earthquake
    27. Return
    30. Shadow Ball
    31. Brick Break
    32. Double Team
    37. Sandstorm
    39. Rock Tomb
    41. Torment
    43. Secret Power
    44. Rest
    48. Skill Swap
    52. Focus Blast
    56. Fling
    58. Endure
    60. Drain Punch
    63. Embargo
    66. Payback
    68. Giga Impact
    79. Dark Pulse
    80. Rock Slide
    82. Sleep Talk
    87. Swagger
    90. Substitute
    HM04. Strength
    HM06. Rock Smash

Previous Information and Threads:
    Part 14a - Spriting
    Part 14 - Spriting
    Part 13 - Evolutions
    Part 12 - Sprite Gathering
    Part 11 - Analysis
    Part 10a - Pokedex Entry
    Part 10 - Pokedex Entry
    Part 9 - Name
    Part 8 - Move Pool
    Part 7b - Ability
    Part 7a - Ability
    Part 7 - Ability
    Part 6b - Art
    Part 6a - Art
    Part 6 - Art
    Part 5 - Base Stats
    Part 4a - Base Stat Range
    Part 4 - Base Stat Range
    Part 3 - Role
    Part 2b - Secondary Typing
    Part 2a - Secondary Typing
    Part 2 - Secondary Typing
    Part 1b- Main Typing
    Part 1a - Main Typing
    Part 1 - Main Typing
    The Beginning
  2. Hyra

Hyra

Okay, for the one issue the main post didn't address:

I'm not being a Topic Leader again, its too much work. So until a better way of choosing a Topic Leader is found, I'm just going to nominate the two people I think are most capable for the job:

Dane and Gothic Togekiss

There are a lot of other people I would have nominated, but they already have a position of influence in the Create-a-Pokemon Community. I want this to go to someone without any distractions and I want to give more people more influence. Out of those two, my preference is Dane, but his low post count might turn some of you off, which is why Gothic Togekiss is there as a runner-up.
  3. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Hm...that's a toughie. I image it being around 4 to 6 feet tall, including the distance he's floating off the ground. Weight....I don't really think he's all that heavy so less than 30 to 60 pounds is my guess.

Wow....I'm touched you consider me capable enough of being the next Topic Leader, really. To be honest, I had both dreamed and dread about this day. I dreamed that I would have my chance to prove everyone I can be a good Topic leader and dread it because I fear I would screw up and cause the whole project to crash and burn. If you want my honest opinion I believe that Dane make a better topic leader than myself since I'm more of a follower than leader type of person. I'm not saying I wouldn't jump at the chance to be Topic leader or anything but I'm just putting my two honest cent into this.
  4. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

To all posters, please keep this thread on the topic of closing out Revenankh. The process of selecting a new Topic Leader is being discussed in the Process Guide Workshop.
  5. Time Mage

Time Mage

Regarding height & weight: I think it should be 1.8 m tall (that's 5 feet and 10 inches) and should weigh about 110 Kg (242 lbs). I chose a weight above 100 Kg so that Grass Knot will hit with 100 BP, basically.
  6. Deck Knight

Deck Knight October Surprise
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm actually going to suggest something lighter considering Revenankh basically has no lower body.

Ima go with 3'10 and 170 lbs. That's seriously bulky dudes. If you consider legs that are about 3 feet long and weigh about 40% of the total body weight, this thing would be built like a 6'10 285 lb linebacker.
  7. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

i think thats a bit too heavy, mummies are normally decayed and dried out, and this is also part ghost. i'd go with something along the lines of 5'8" and...well make grass knot hit with 80 bp max, whatever that will translate to.
  8. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Guy, this thing have no true solid body so really it shouldn't be weight no 100+ kg or anything. The question I have is how much does a bundle of rags weight anyway?
  9. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

that depends. what kind of rags are you talking about, because silk weighs less than burlap.
  10. Deck Knight

I viewed this more in the vein of Sableye and Banette which have true solid physical forms, unlike Gengar which is pretty much just a malevolent shadow.
  11. Time Mage

Time Mage

Dusknoir: Is a ghost. Has no legs. Is hollow.

Yet it is
    7'03" and weighs 235 lbs.
  12. Deck Knight

Clearly Dusknoir is made out of FAT air. We know Dusclops is hollow, but its 5'03 and 65 lbs. From Dusknoir's dex you'd conclude it has a transistor radio somewhere inbetween the ectoplasm.

Also since this is humanshape I want to keep it somewhere within the realm of human proportions. Only Hariyama really breaks the mold, and it is based off sumo wrestlers.
  13. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

FYI, weight needs to be decided before I can implement Revenankh on the server. As was mentioned earlier, weight affects how much damage a pokemon takes from moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick. Actually, Low Kick is irrelevant against Revenankh, but you know what I mean....

I'm not saying this to rush anything. I'm just putting it out there, so people won't start the barrage of "Why isn't Revenankh on the server?!?"
  14. latinoheat

latinoheat

5ft 9 200 pounds
  15. tennisace

tennisace
    Social Media Chief

are you crazy? this is a ghost. i admit dusknoir is fat, but this is also a mummy, which should weigh less than when it was alive.
  16. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Probably the rags used to mummify real bodies but I think I remember people stating that he might be made out of supernatural material which is lighter and more stronger than any fabric known to man.

I kinda view it as both. It had sorta of a physical body but no true inside or fillings thus making it hollow but have the illusion of having mass underneath the wrappings.
  17. Time Mage

Time Mage

Well, as long as Grass Knot doesn't hit for less than 80 BP, it's fine with me. But I think it should be fairly heavy and tall.
  18. Rhykune

Rhykune

Hmm... when I imagine this, I imagine something light but huge.

I'm thinking 10ft 2in tall and about 100 Pounds.
  19. Tauros

Tauros

footprint, cry, miny sprite (you know what i mean those little things when u open up the menu), height and weight thats all still open!!!!!!!!

Edit: Gothic Togekiss for our next pokemon!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Jesus...those measurements alone would scare me if it was real and I was trying to catch.
  21. Rhykune

Rhykune

I'd be scared if I saw this no matter what size it is.
  22. tennisace

tennisace
    Social Media Chief

hehe schlorp... but i agree 10' 2" is too tall, dusknoir is only 7' 3"
  23. Gothic Togekiss

Gothic Togekiss

Yes but I image it being more frighting if you saw a 10 foot plus floating mummy with hands big enough to wrap your entire head without problem and crush it like a damn grape.
  24. tennisace

tennisace
    Social Media Chief

any particular reason we need this to scare the childrens? its not like it has intimidate for an ability
  25. Deck Knight

This is going nowhere at breakneck speed.

Deck recommends this:

We go a bold vote on the weight range.

Code:
    Weight           Power
    < 10 kg                   20
    10.1 kg–25 kg          40
    25.1 kg–50 kg          60
    50.1 kg–100 kg        80
    100.1 kg–200 kg      100
    > 200.1 kg              120
    For standard:

< 22 lbs. = 20
    23-54 lbs. = 40
    55-110 lbs. = 60
    110-220 lbs. = 80
    220-440 lbs. = 100
    > 440 lbs. = 120

After we get that decided we can just pick a random weight.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)