CAP 2 Part Deux: Closing Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have finished our second Create-a-Pokemon. All that's left is for us to decide height and weight (which still aren't decided on Syclant) and for KoA to color in his art to match his sprite. Oh, and the Pokedex entries need to be grammar checked.

Revenankh

Typing: Ghost/Fighting
90 HP / 105 Attack / 90 Defense / 65 Sp. Attack / 110 Sp. Defense / 65 Speed; Total = 525 BST

Primary Ability:
Shed Skin
This Pokémon has a 30% chance of removing Burn, Freeze, Paralysis, Poison, and Sleep at the end of each turn.

Secondary Ability:
Air Lock
While Pokémon with Air Lock are out, the effects of weather are temporarily disabled. Fire and Water moves are at normal power in sun and rain, Rocks have normal Special Defense in sandstorm, SolarBeam has 120 power and takes 2 turns, and Blizzard and Thunder have normal accuracy. The game will report that the weather is still going, however. The weather's effects will return when the Pokémon with Air Lock switches out.

Pokedex Entry #1:
"It is said that REVENANKH have to train regularly to keep their physical form. Should one ever slack off, it will be reduced to mere bandages."

Pokedex Entry #2:
"REVENANKH is known to inhabit tombs or crypts to avoid light and train itself in peace. However, if anyone disturbs it, REVENANKH has been known to chase the intruders for anything from a week to decades."

Pokedex Entry #3:
"Though normally solitary, REVENANKH gather on full moon nights in remote desert locations. Contests of strength often follow."

Height= 6 ft. 0 in.
Weight= 97 lbs.

Level Up Moves:
1. Ice Punch
1. Wrap
1. Bide
3. Sand Tomb
7. Rock Tomb
10. Imprison
14. Arm Thrust
18. Mean Look
21. Glare
24. AncientPower
28. Shadow Punch
32. Revenge
36. Power Whip
45. Hammer Arm
52. Grudge
52. Curse
60. Moonlight

Egg Moves: (Indeterminate / Humanshape)
Shadow Sneak (Dusknoir, Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb)
Mach Punch (Hitmonchan, Infernape)
Memento (Spiritomb, Muk, Weezing)
Spite (Gengar, Mismagius, Banette, Spiritomb)
Destiny Bond (Gengar, Weezing, Wobbuffet, Cacturne)
Pursuit (Hitmontop, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, Toxicroak)
Ominous Wind (Drifblim, Spiritomb, Rotom)
Knock Off (Hariyama, Sableye, Banette)
Night Shade (Gengar, Sableye, Banette, Dusknoir)
Nasty Plot (Spiritomb, Toxicroak)
Force Palm (Hariyama, Medicham, Lucario)

TMs:
1. Focus Punch
6. Toxic
8. Bulk Up
10. Hidden Power
11. Sunny Day
12. Taunt
15. Hyper Beam
17. Protect
20. Safeguard
21. Frustration
26. Earthquake
27. Return
30. Shadow Ball
31. Brick Break
32. Double Team
37. Sandstorm
39. Rock Tomb
41. Torment
43. Secret Power
44. Rest
48. Skill Swap
52. Focus Blast
56. Fling
58. Endure
60. Drain Punch
63. Embargo
66. Payback
68. Giga Impact
79. Dark Pulse
80. Rock Slide
82. Sleep Talk
87. Swagger
90. Substitute
HM04. Strength
HM06. Rock Smash

Previous Information and Threads:
Part 14a - Spriting
Part 14 - Spriting
Part 13 - Evolutions
Part 12 - Sprite Gathering
Part 11 - Analysis
Part 10a - Pokedex Entry
Part 10 - Pokedex Entry
Part 9 - Name
Part 8 - Move Pool
Part 7b - Ability
Part 7a - Ability
Part 7 - Ability
Part 6b - Art
Part 6a - Art
Part 6 - Art
Part 5 - Base Stats
Part 4a - Base Stat Range
Part 4 - Base Stat Range
Part 3 - Role
Part 2b - Secondary Typing
Part 2a - Secondary Typing
Part 2 - Secondary Typing
Part 1b- Main Typing
Part 1a - Main Typing
Part 1 - Main Typing
The Beginning

Okay, for the one issue the main post didn't address:

I'm not being a Topic Leader again, its too much work. So until a better way of choosing a Topic Leader is found, I'm just going to nominate the two people I think are most capable for the job:

Dane and Gothic Togekiss

There are a lot of other people I would have nominated, but they already have a position of influence in the Create-a-Pokemon Community. I want this to go to someone without any distractions and I want to give more people more influence. Out of those two, my preference is Dane, but his low post count might turn some of you off, which is why Gothic Togekiss is there as a runner-up.

All that's left is for us to decide height and weight
Hm...that's a toughie. I image it being around 4 to 6 feet tall, including the distance he's floating off the ground. Weight....I don't really think he's all that heavy so less than 30 to 60 pounds is my guess.

Okay, for the one issue the main post didn't address:

I'm not being a Topic Leader again, its too much work. So until a better way of choosing a Topic Leader is found, I'm just going to nominate the two people I think are most capable for the job:

Dane and Gothic Togekiss

There are a lot of other people I would have nominated, but they already have a position of influence in the Create-a-Pokemon Community. I want this to go to someone without any distractions and I want to give more people more influence. Out of those two, my preference is Dane, but his low post count might turn some of you off, which is why Gothic Togekiss is there as a runner-up.
Wow....I'm touched you consider me capable enough of being the next Topic Leader, really. To be honest, I had both dreamed and dread about this day. I dreamed that I would have my chance to prove everyone I can be a good Topic leader and dread it because I fear I would screw up and cause the whole project to crash and burn. If you want my honest opinion I believe that Dane make a better topic leader than myself since I'm more of a follower than leader type of person. I'm not saying I wouldn't jump at the chance to be Topic leader or anything but I'm just putting my two honest cent into this.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To all posters, please keep this thread on the topic of closing out Revenankh. The process of selecting a new Topic Leader is being discussed in the Process Guide Workshop.

Regarding height & weight: I think it should be 1.8 m tall (that's 5 feet and 10 inches) and should weigh about 110 Kg (242 lbs). I chose a weight above 100 Kg so that Grass Knot will hit with 100 BP, basically.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Regarding height & weight: I think it should be 1.8 m tall (that's 5 feet and 10 inches) and should weigh about 110 Kg (242 lbs). I chose a weight above 100 Kg so that Grass Knot will hit with 100 BP, basically.
I'm actually going to suggest something lighter considering Revenankh basically has no lower body.

Ima go with 3'10 and 170 lbs. That's seriously bulky dudes. If you consider legs that are about 3 feet long and weigh about 40% of the total body weight, this thing would be built like a 6'10 285 lb linebacker.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i think thats a bit too heavy, mummies are normally decayed and dried out, and this is also part ghost. i'd go with something along the lines of 5'8" and...well make grass knot hit with 80 bp max, whatever that will translate to.

Guy, this thing have no true solid body so really it shouldn't be weight no 100+ kg or anything. The question I have is how much does a bundle of rags weight anyway?

tennisace

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
that depends. what kind of rags are you talking about, because silk weighs less than burlap.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Guy, this thing have no true solid body so really it shouldn't be weight no 100+ kg or anything. The question I have is how much does a bundle of rags weight anyway?
I viewed this more in the vein of Sableye and Banette which have true solid physical forms, unlike Gengar which is pretty much just a malevolent shadow.

Deck Knight

Dusknoir: Is a ghost. Has no legs. Is hollow.

Yet it is
7'03" and weighs 235 lbs.
Clearly Dusknoir is made out of FAT air. We know Dusclops is hollow, but its 5'03 and 65 lbs. From Dusknoir's dex you'd conclude it has a transistor radio somewhere inbetween the ectoplasm.

Also since this is humanshape I want to keep it somewhere within the realm of human proportions. Only Hariyama really breaks the mold, and it is based off sumo wrestlers.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
FYI, weight needs to be decided before I can implement Revenankh on the server. As was mentioned earlier, weight affects how much damage a pokemon takes from moves like Grass Knot and Low Kick. Actually, Low Kick is irrelevant against Revenankh, but you know what I mean....

I'm not saying this to rush anything. I'm just putting it out there, so people won't start the barrage of "Why isn't Revenankh on the server?!?"

tennisace

are you crazy? this is a ghost. i admit dusknoir is fat, but this is also a mummy, which should weigh less than when it was alive.

that depends. what kind of rags are you talking about, because silk weighs less than burlap.
Probably the rags used to mummify real bodies but I think I remember people stating that he might be made out of supernatural material which is lighter and more stronger than any fabric known to man.

I viewed this more in the vein of Sableye and Banette which have true solid physical forms, unlike Gengar which is pretty much just a malevolent shadow.
I kinda view it as both. It had sorta of a physical body but no true inside or fillings thus making it hollow but have the illusion of having mass underneath the wrappings.

Well, as long as Grass Knot doesn't hit for less than 80 BP, it's fine with me. But I think it should be fairly heavy and tall.

Hmm... when I imagine this, I imagine something light but huge.

I'm thinking 10ft 2in tall and about 100 Pounds.

footprint, cry, miny sprite (you know what i mean those little things when u open up the menu), height and weight thats all still open!!!!!!!!

Edit: Gothic Togekiss for our next pokemon!!!!!!!!!!

Yes but I image it being more frighting if you saw a 10 foot plus floating mummy with hands big enough to wrap your entire head without problem and crush it like a damn grape.

tennisace

any particular reason we need this to scare the childrens? its not like it has intimidate for an ability

Deck Knight

This is going nowhere at breakneck speed.

Deck recommends this:

We go a bold vote on the weight range.

Code:
Weight           Power
< 10 kg                   20
10.1 kg–25 kg          40
25.1 kg–50 kg          60
50.1 kg–100 kg        80
100.1 kg–200 kg      100
> 200.1 kg              120
For standard:

< 22 lbs. = 20
23-54 lbs. = 40
55-110 lbs. = 60
110-220 lbs. = 80
220-440 lbs. = 100
> 440 lbs. = 120

After we get that decided we can just pick a random weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)