Part II of the Breeding Guide

When I hatch Pokemon I usually fill up on eggs my party consists of 1 flame body Pokemon, 1 with fly, and 4 eggs. Then I go to the cycling road and get in the second lane from the right and tap up on D-pad quickly and whenever i get close to the end i just ride up to the top and do it again. Once Three of my four eggs have hatched I fly back to solaceon Town and deposit the hatched and pick up the egg thats waiting for me then ride around until i have two more eggs by that time the last unhatched one i had in my party will have already hatched i deposit it, pick up the last one and fly to the cycling road to repeat it again.What do you think?

Oh, there's a second page... I guess I will post my edit here...

Hydro_Flame XZ18 said:
EDIT: btway, I have a suggestion concerning the mass hatching method: Wouldn't it be better (or at least no worse) to withdraw consecutive parties of 5, but in reverse order? That way the pokemon with the highest egg counters would be first, and the ones hatching soonest would be last, so everyone would have their egg counter reduced every 255 steps.
*btw, this was in an edit in my previous post, for those who haven't figured it out, but I moved it here when I realized there was another page. Just clearing things up.

Something strange is happening to my eggs, they are all hatching 25 steps faster than normal and i have no idea why the counter keeps turning over at 230 steps. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is?

For some reason I encountered the same thing: This morning I was hatching magikarp eggs and there was only a 230 step interval between eggs hatching, as opposed to 255. And I mean consistently: I've hatched 7 eggs now and each of them have been after 130 steps; and I didn't do anything differently.

Also why is this the only part of the breeding guide that has no title in the... title?
Yeah that didn't make any fucking sense did it... the other 4 parts all have little titles, ie: "Introduction to Breeding" or "Hidden power breeding in Emerald, Diamond and Pearl", this one strangely lacks one...

To be perfectly clear, these are the four different ways to transfer a nature 50% of the time to the baby:

1. A Male Pokémon breeding with a Female Pokémon holding an Everstone results in the baby having a 50% chance of having the same nature as the Female Pokémon.
2. A Male Pokémon breeding with a Ditto holding an Everstone results in the baby having a 50% chance of having the same nature as Ditto.
3. A Female Pokémon breeding with a Ditto holding an Everstone results in the baby having a 50% chance of having the same nature as Ditto. (Even if both the female Pokémon and Ditto hold Everstone, it will still be a 50% chance of the nature being transferred, and it will always be the Ditto nature that is transferred to the baby.)
4. A Genderless Pokémon breeding with a Ditto holding an Everstone results in the baby having a 50% chance of having the same nature as Ditto.
There's a bit of an ambiguity here: What happens if a female Pokemon holding an Everstone breeds with a Ditto who is not holding one? Can the female Pokemon still pass her nature on, or can she only do that with a male?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Everstone would then be irrelevant, by which I mean, it only has the 50% chance to pass on the nature in those cases. All other cases follow the regular distribution.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
There's a bit of an ambiguity here: What happens if a female Pokemon holding an Everstone breeds with a Ditto who is not holding one? Can the female Pokemon still pass her nature on, or can she only do that with a male?
Ditto's nature will be passed to the baby if it is holding Everstone, no matter with which Pokemon Ditto is breeding, and whether or not the other Pokemon is holding Everstone.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
he/she asked about female with everstone + ditto without everstone -> the answer is the everstone wouldn´t work, when ditto is in play it only works if ditto holds it...

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In FRLG on route 14, the level 23 dittos make it easier to determine right away whether an IV stat is at 31 or not as they will be as follows:

HP = 62
Nature enhanced stat = 37 (adamant ditto with 31 in attack)
Nature neutral stat = 34 (jolly ditto with 31 in attack)
Nature deficient stat = 30 (timid ditto with 31 in attack)

can someone please answer my question?
Falkon said:
1) Put a pokémon you don't want next to the unhatched egg in the party lineup. (By next, I mean to the left of. So you have monster->egg on the lineup. For me, I was using my fodder eevees and then had the egg to the right of them.)
2) Go to BEBE's PC and select MOVE POKéMON
3) Go to your Party Monsters
4) QUICKLY Select the monster you're gonna get rid of
5) QUICKLY Release that monster (Timing does matter, if you're too slow you'll see nothing in the end, just ended up doing that on my tests)

Okay, here's where it gets tricky.

6) After the monster is released, hammer A until the "Bye bye (name)!" Text comes up.

Get ready, and watch the lower left corner where the little overview of the monster's name/typing/nature/ability is scrolled through slowly.

7) QUICKLY Press the A button to clear that text, and in the preview window in the bottom left you will BRIEFLY (and I mean it's quick, like half a second to a second) see the nature of the unhatched egg, which has now moved into the (now released) old monster's slot, in that lower left corner preview window.
Taken from Falkon's thread a long time ago. This is how I said it in my guide, in the Manaphy section :
Catching Diamond and Pearl Legendaries : A Guide said:
Next, go to a Pokémon Center, select "Move Pokémon", and hover over the junk Pokémon in front of the Egg. Wait until it’s type is displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen, then release it. After it says "Bye-bye -Pokémon’s name-" wait maybe another second, then press the A button. If you timed it correctly, you should see a flash of a Nature - [the Pokémon]’s nature

Wow if the synchronizing has a 50% chance of passing the nature to the pokemon caught, my luck must really be bad.

2/23 for adamant nature dittos using adamant synchronize natu.

Only took me 3 hours to find an adamant natu using a red pokeblock (kept running into oddishes mostly, then running into quirky serious and docile natus...)

Oh well I'll keep trying starting to become a pain :S

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Wow if the synchronizing has a 50% chance of passing the nature to the pokemon caught, my luck must really be bad.

2/23 for adamant nature dittos using adamant synchronize natu.

Only took me 3 hours to find an adamant natu using a red pokeblock (kept running into oddishes mostly, then running into quirky serious and docile natus...)

Oh well I'll keep trying starting to become a pain :S
Your game is probably not Emerald, Diamond or Pearl, then.

Then how am I catching dittos in the cave? ^^

I think thats emerald only, and yes my catridge is green and emerald like, and cloning bug works on it xD

I'm starting to get more adamant dittos now though so its paying off.

Guess that came off a little rude didn't mean to be however lol.

Guess I could also say ty for the tips, never knew this synchronizing worked like this :x (always thought it was a useless ability to be using on my toxic umbreon.)

X-Act

Oh, okay. Must have been going through a rough patch in the random number generator, then, lol.

Peterko

Never give up!
Something strange is happening to my eggs, they are all hatching 25 steps faster than normal and i have no idea why the counter keeps turning over at 230 steps. Does anyone have an idea as to why this is?
For some reason I encountered the same thing: This morning I was hatching magikarp eggs and there was only a 230 step interval between eggs hatching, as opposed to 255. And I mean consistently: I've hatched 7 eggs now and each of them have been after 130 steps; and I didn't do anything differently.
today, this thing started on my diamond as well...maybe it´s a game award for much playing/breeding or something like that

my first thought was that this occurs after a month of playing (I started on june, 8th...so today is day 30 for me - anyone who has the game longer and doesn´t breed could give proof for this), but now I think it has something to do with the number of eggs you hatched so far... I´m not sure, but the number could be 1000

X-Act

I didn't answer to this before because I couldn't explain it, but now Peterko has a viable explanation.

So before it didn't happen to you, Peterko, and now it's happening?

I only bred for 5 eggs, and it was 255 for my Burmy.

Whoa. The same thing's happening when I breed my gligar. I'm positive it's been over 2 months since I had this game and I just noticed it. I always look at the step counter when my egg hatches and today is the day that this happened.

Also my record in the Jubilife Tv station says I only hatched 937 eggs.

My gligar yesterday hatched at 2805 steps but now it's 2530 steps.

EDIT: Let me hatch that egg again because I might have messed things up by accidentally pressing the step counter.

EDIT 2: Nope, just hatched the gligar egg again. It hatches at 2530 steps now for some reason. This is actually pretty cool. It saves me about 300 steps.
Edit 3: Speaking of gligars, I now have a quadruple(technically quintuple but the 31 is in Sp.Att) gligar. Yay, my two weeks breeding for one has paid off...sort of lol.

Peterko

Never give up!
yeah the step counter changes from 255 to 230, so the internal one goes -1 (-2) every 230 steps instead of 255...that´s why you save 275 steps on gligar (step counter 20)... you bike 230 (18), 230 (16), 230 (14), 230 (12), 230 (10), 230 (8), 230 (6), 230 (4), 230 (2), 230 (0), 230 (egg hatches)

hmm...I have 565 eggs hatched, so my calc was really off, but that doesn´t matter, yesterday I hatched 67 or 68 eggs, this can be it

it is probably 500 eggs, maybe you didn´t notice suicune137 while you mass bred for 2 weeks...or it has something to do with the number of eggs you hatch of one particular pkmn, you say you´ve bred gligar for 2 weeks, out of my 565 at least 4/5 were shroomish hmm, anyway, it´s an award for much breeding :]

EDIT:
Pietro XD: question: number of steps for a shroomish to hatch in D/P, 9x255 = 2295 right? with 9x230 = 2070...I´ve started to breed a different pkmn...a 20 internal counter pkmn, and it needed 2805 (11x255) steps to hatch...which means the 230 didn´t work anymore, next thing I did I tried shroomish again, the same parents, 2295 steps, not 2070...this means that the step counter changes only for the pkmn you breed after a particular number/time
xactxx: ah so if you breed something else, that lowering in the number of steps ends
Pietro XD: yeah
xactxx: interesting
xactxx: that makes the job of finding how many we need to breed easier
xactxx: I mean, how many in order for the number of steps to lower
Pietro XD: yeah I´m gonna get that one

Yeah I can help too. I have a tangela to breed anyways.

I haven't bred any Tangela so far in my Pearl so I'll see how it goes.

EDIT: Well here are my results. I'll keep editing this post if I hatch more eggs and stop untill I get the reduced egg steps. This is with Magcargo in my party.
Seems I'm back to 2805 steps.

Tangela egg 1: 2805
Egg 2: 2805
Egg 3: 2805
Egg 4: 2805
Egg 5: 2805
Egg 6: 2805
Egg 7: 2805
Egg 8: 2805

Then I replaced the parent and I got the first tangela egg hatched at 2530 steps.

I was experiencing the same thing yesterday with my Magnemites. I had locked on a Magnet Rise Modest, and was checking each egg and if they werent good, soft resetting. However, I took a break to go do something on WiFi and when I got back the steps to hatch was back at 2805. And the Jubilife records center says ive hatched 2467 eggs, so I doubt that is the problem.

Does this work for Ditto's? For example, if I had female feebas w/ terrible IVs holding everstone, and ditto w/ perfect IVs holding lucky egg, would it inherit the ditto's IVs?

X-Act

I think this is the right section to post. Anyway, a new discovery on GameFAQ's (Don't laugh, I'm serious) has lead to evidence that equipping a Lucky Egg to the father results in a similar average of IV's. Read about it here: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=36627808
PsychoDragon from GameFAQS said:
In trying to make myself a Ninjask, I bred eight generations of Nincadas. Based on the rumor that Lucky Eggs are beneficial, I made the Father hold one each time. The mother was holding an Everstone, to pass on the Jolly nature that I wanted).

Because of the limitations in making a non-ugly graph for all 53 Nincadas, I'll just post the results of each generation here.

I had my original Ninjask and Ditto. The average of Ninjask's IVs is 11.25, and Ditto's IVs average to 14.97. The average of these two numbers is 13.11. They beget the Number Generation, for I named the Nincadas 1, 2, 3, and so on until 7.

The average IVs for 1 through 7 are 13.25, 16, 4.75, 10.33, 10, 18.75, and 17.42. The average for this entire generation is 12.93.
Do you see that? The average IVs for the parents was 13.11, and 12.93 for the children- a difference of 0.18!
First of all, the size of the sample used is only 7, which is clearly not enough to warrant such claims. Secondly, a little mathematics should convince people that this is nothing but what probability would give you anyway.

Since the average of the parent's IVs is 11.25 and that of Ditto is 14.97, the total average would be 13.11, as the guy here says. In 8 out of 9 cases (according to our guide), you get 2 or 3 IVs passed. So, in 8/9 of cases, you get either:

1) 2 IVs from Ninjask: average of 11.25.
2) 2 IVs from Ditto: average of 14.97.
3) 1 IV from Ditto and 1 from Ninjask: average of 13.11.

whose average is 13.11 (this happens 32.98% of the time), or

4) 3 IVs from Ninjask: average of 11.25.
5) 3 IVs from Ditto: average of 14.97.
6) 2 IVs from Ditto and 1 IV from Ninjask: average of 13.73.
7) 2 IVs from Ninjask and 1 IV from Ditto: average of 12.49.

whose average is 13.11 (this happens 54.49% of the time).

So you either have 2 IVs with an average of 13.11 and 4 random IVs, or 3 IVs with an average of 13.11 and 3 random IVs, in 8/9 of cases. (I'm not going to calculate the other cases since they won't alter these numbers much.)

In the case of 2 IVs, the other 4 random IVs' average is 15.5, and so the average for the six generated IVs is (13.11*2 + 15.5*4)/6 = 14.70. Since this happens 32.98% of the time, this average rounds down to 14.70 * (32.98 / 100) * (100 / (32.98+54.49)) = 5.543.

In the case of 3 IVs, the other 3 random IVs' average is 15.5, and so the average for the six generated IVs is (13.11*3 + 15.5*3)/6 = 14.31. Since this happens 54.49% of the time, this average rounds down to 14.31 * (54.49 / 100) * (100 / (32.98+54.49)) = 8.915.

Hence, the average IVs if you transfer 2 or 3 IVs are 5.543 + 8.915 = 14.458.

This means that, by using the hypothetical 'Lucky Egg' averaging out boost, you actually tend to get a worse IV average (12.93) than without. This means that the influence of Lucky Egg to IV breeding is not statistically significant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)