Partners in Crime

Ah, I could've sworn you needed plus and minus at the same time.

Just so this isn't a complete waste of post I might as well just post a set

Klinklang
Ability: Clear Body / Minus
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Protect
- Magic Coat

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Your every day stabmons shift gear + gear grind scizor, now in doubles. Not too sure on how good these sets actually are since you can't exactly test anything right now, but klingklang gives scizor all the tools it needs to sweep; shift gear, gear grind, protect and magic coat, alongside with clear body which could be pretty good. In return scizor gives klingklang technician, roost, a good coverage, bullet punch and swords dance to break bulkier teams. Minus could be used however if you don't think you need clear body and you have a special attacker in the back that could benefit from it and klingklang still gives shift gear which raises the speed stat by 2. The EVs are too outspeed everything including and below positive max speed base 150s after +2 but the rest could be tweaked.

Last edited:

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
Well if we're talking about Plus / Minus, here's a core I started thinking about a while ago:

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Ability: Minus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Charge Beam

Ampharos @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Plus
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Power Gem
- Signal Beam

Enjoy your ~1,042 SpA Manectric and ~740 SpA Ampharos, sans boosting.

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
If it wasn't clear enough earlier, here is what I intended to say in my earlier post:
  • Turn sleep clause on (do not ban Prankster)
  • Ban weather setting abilities (manual setting is fine)
  • Ban RS (not Serene Grace)

If it wasn't clear enough earlier, here is what I intended to say in my earlier post:
  • Turn sleep clause on (do not ban Prankster)
  • Ban weather setting abilities (manual setting is fine)
  • Ban RS (not Serene Grace)
I agree with Sleep Clause -honestly, I still don't get why Doubles doesn't have a Sleep Clause, and I played it for months- but I don't see any reason to ban weather setting Abilities, nor do I think it makes sense to ban Rock Slide rather than Serene Grace.

Rock Slide is the only spreading Flinch move, of course, but if you ban Rock Slide while keeping Serene Grace it'll just shift to stuff like Togekiss paired with a Lightning Rod Discharger to dump Paralysis on everything and then spam Air Slash. You even get to have backup paraflinchhaxer, effortlessly -if Togekiss dies, you bring out Jirachi. Etc.

"But -atespeed and crazy-fast Weather 'mons and so on!"

Those murder Rock Slide abuse just fine.

"But things are immune to Paralysis!"

There's things immune to Flinching, too. In Partners in Crime you can even run Limber+Inner Focus at the same time.

Weather, meanwhile... I don't see why people are jumping to the idea that it's broken and needs to be banned. Oh no, Manaphy can have doubled Speed, etc.

... meanwhile Banded Dragonite does this before Manaphy can move.

252+ Atk Choice Band Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Manaphy: 285-336 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Or it's Swords Dance, expecting to survive a turn, in which case its an easy OHKO and sweep with its buddy, Multiscale Mega Pinsir.

Or the opposition sets Tailwind with a Prankster and sweeps with their own omgwtfbbq nonsense, which you have no answer to because you're just a dedicated Rain team.

Etc.

Sure, fine, weather is better. Sure, fine, weather was broken in a past generation.

Whatever.

I'd rather see the meta in action before we make a judgment on weather.

Unless the smogon dex is lying to me greninja and deoxys a are unbanned in doubles. They are probably not that good against offense because of the priority spam but deoxys and greninja would have access to protean extreme speed which would help a little bit. They kinda break balance though. Greninja and landorus I could also be pretty powerful with sheer force protean on a lot of options like ice beam, dark pulse, psychic, gunk shot and some others.

On a side not if you have a ditto on the field and you switch a chansey in, I think you would get an imposter chansey right? Then if there is a set up mon on the opposite side chansey could counter sweep with its huge hp combined with eviolite.

Congratulations on becoming OMotM (the 100th snaq meta? how "happy" does he feel rn?)

On the other hand, I don't think weather will be overpowered to the point of banworthy, considering this is like, the #9001st meta that priority will be the king.

Does anyone know if this is already coded? If it isn't then it's not going to be possible to add given the difficulty and the lack of availability on the part of myself and Slayer95.

EV

Banned deucer.
Hey guys. I'm posting to say sorry to the people involved with this thread who were expecting PiC to get the OMotM ladder for February. Due to the complexity of the code and the unavailability of our two main coders, we weren't able to secure the ladder this time around. However, we're going to make a concession for next month so PiC can have a shot at a ladder again, providing it can actually be coded as intended. Thanks for your patience.

Until then here's a gif of a horse having a ball

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
ok hi
NOTE: THIS CODE IS NOT COMPLETE.
config/formats.js
Code:
  {
     name: "Partners in Crime",
     section: "Other Metagames",
     mod: 'partnersincrime',
     gameType: 'doubles',

ruleset: ['Doubles OU'],
     banlist: ['Huge Power', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Mawilite', 'Medichamite', 'Pure Power', 'Wonder Guard']     
   },
   //get rid of comma if needed
mods/partnersincrime/scripts.js
long pastebin

ONCE AGAIN
NOT COMPLETE

However, move sharing works. Abilities haven't even been looked at yet, but move sharing works. I would quite honestly recommend implementing this on a server and testing various ideas without ability sharing. Maybe PiC-Alpha?
Currently, Hidden Power type is not shared. Don't know if that should be changed.
Oh also the PP count doesn't go down so sorry about that; probably could make it happen but just wanted this out there

So yeah here are some moves for you. Other programmers, feel free to use this as a base if you wanna try and help
As always, let me know if something's glitchy :)

CorruptedOmega

Banned deucer.
Sand is making a comeback.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

So pass Sand Rush to all of your mons. Boom. Special Tyranitar so you don't get completely dicked by Landot. Excadrill is standard. The core appreciates a bulky Water-type to deter Landot, so Rotom-Wash and Milotic are good teammates. Rotom passes Levitate and Milotic provides Competitive support. If you want a more offensive partner Keldeo can be used too (Quick Guard is nice as well).

Maleovex

Lt. Col. of The Kyergrzstan Killer Beez
Sand is making a comeback.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Protect

So pass Sand Rush to all of your mons. Boom. Special Tyranitar so you don't get completely dicked by Landot. Excadrill is standard. The core appreciates a bulky Water-type to deter Landot, so Rotom-Wash and Milotic are good teammates. Rotom passes Levitate and Milotic provides Competitive support. If you want a more offensive partner Keldeo can be used too (Quick Guard is nice as well).
That's been posted like 3 times already

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Kind of surprised to not see this mentioned yet.

+

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain / Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

This is a devastating combo, I basically just shoved on moves for both of them to abuse like having Sleep Powder + Growth on Venu while using Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb because Charizard doesn't have access to it and adding Solar Beam to Char for raw damage, also having two abusable Fire moves + sun is devastating. Since Char didn't have much to offer from there I just shoved on Protect for a free first turn.

Last edited:

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Kind of surprised to not see this mentioned yet.

+

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Modest Nature
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder

This is a devastating combo, I basically just shoved on moves for both of them to abuse like having Sleep Powder + Growth on Venu while using Giga Drain and Sludge Bomb because Charizard doesn't have access to it and adding Solar Beam to Char for raw damage, also having two abusable Fire moves + sun is devastating. Since Char didn't have much to offer from there I just shoved on Protect for a free first turn.
Having synthesis over giga drain should be considered, as its health recovery in the sun is great, and solarbeam is better as this combo is going to get smashed if sun isn't up, or roost over protect. Although, protect is pretty important in doubles.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How is Durant as a Partner? Hustle might sound bad but paired with....

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Superpower

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Energy Ball
- Drain Punch

Hustle Hyperspace Fury. Just remember that. Durant surprising brings enough physical attack coverage for Hoopa to abuse, so the other moves are to smack physical walls. This core hates priority, but Gale Wings, (and not Talonburd) probably will be banned so thats no big deal. But seriously ban Gale Wings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)