1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Party Of Six

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Jumpman16, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I knew this could be bad, the minute I first saw them. He and his five friends crashed our party, all loud and adamant. But Trey's voice...it just left a ringing in my ears I won't soon forget. That'd be the least of my worries though, evidently.

See, I knew we wouldn't mix, but something just...*drew* me to Trey, maybe that whole "opposites attract" thing, I don't know. Wasn't all that good looking either — for one thing it seemed like his entire body was covered in metal — but I just felt this attraction, you know? I couldn't get away, and Trey knew it. He pulled me in with this big, modest front, which I eventually could tell he put a lot of effort into.

But no matter how hard I tried to get away, I knew I was a goner. Once I felt that we were really close, and could even feel the electricity between us, he shoots me down, just like that. I think I'm still in shock from it...
  2. Acura

Acura
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

SPOILER

The narrator is Skarmory and Trey is a magneton and his five friends are adamant pokemon using physical attacks

also Jumpman that was really cool
  3. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

don't worry the mole will avenge you
  4. HairScare

HairScare
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

It's kinda sad now that I think about it that Acura's description made more sense to me than the actual topic post itself.

oh beans :oops:
  5. Ice Rabbit

Ice Rabbit

One of the adamant friends was a three-headed mole bent to avenge its fallen partner.
  6. Pysks

Pysks

He got it wrong. It was clearly a nosepass, not a magneton.
  7. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

:lol: nice
  8. Acura

Acura

no it clearly is not nosepass because the name Trey denotes 'three', besides, nosepsass does not have a metal body, unless you were being sarcastic, in which case i am embarassed
  9. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i automatically knew what this topic was about when i read the topic post

good job jumpman++
  10. Pysks

Pysks

*laughs at making you embarassed*
  11. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I was gonna mock jumpman for using the word adamant.. I am quite glad that I didnt now..

NP: Ben Folds Five - Selfless, Cold & Composed
    Have a nice day.
  12. Ice Rabbit

Ice Rabbit

I'm pretty sure it's Magneton.
    If it were Nosepass, there would be something about it Taunting Skarmory or something.

Magneton just takes it out with Thunderbolt.
    Nosepass uses Taunt and Thunder.
  13. RicepigeonKKM

RicepigeonKKM Wait, who?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

For a second I thought this was some sort of homosexual fantasy.

Now that I mention it, lets see how many people on serebii think the same.
  14. cook

cook
    is a Past WCoP Winner

how hilarious in a way

and to add to kkm's post i did to after a second look. now im just damn confused
  15. Pysks

Pysks

link. now.
  16. Ice Rabbit

Ice Rabbit

I thought it was a homosexual fantasy at first too. :lol:

17. Curby

Curby
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

jumpman should put this creativity into the little fanfic about me and my pimp swablu.
  18. Cromat

Cromat
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Ingenius.

edit: Seriously.

edit2: "modest front", "he put a lot of effort to"... genius.
  19. Warthog

Warthog

awesome job jump, id like to see an entire battle made into a fan-fic which would be awesome.

"dont worry the mole with avenge you" - Loki

lol now im going to have to name my Dugtrio for now on "The Avenger" :]
  20. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

ty :oops:

the idea came to me random as fuck, and as clear and sensible as you need to actually be like "hmm why don't i actually write this down"

a couple notes:

1) eric pretty much nailed it on the head, as i would expect since we're the only ones that consisently get the others' puns and witticisms, funny or no lol. :hi5: that said, the five friends weren't originally ALL supposed to be adamant, though i thought i would tip my hand if i said anything more than adamant, i.e. jolly or rash or even naughty.

also one very subtle thing that eric picked up on that holds for ALL fiction but even the best of us forget: the author is not necessarily the narrator in a first person narrative — i.e. "I" isn't Jump.

2) the "threeness" of Trey does indeed indicate Magneton, as do the "ringing in my ears" and the "metal" reference

3) "big, modest front" + "a lot of effort into" = Modest, 252 SpA EVs lol

also kkm did you really post this to serebii lol
  21. Cromat

Cromat
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

I knew this had to be some sort of poke-metaphor when I read "adamant", "modest" and "effort", but I couldn't make the link. The name Trey is probably what confused me, I didn't make the link between Trey and Three.

really good job
  22. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i enjoyed it, that jumpman is quite some writer
  23. Jshadias

Jshadias
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hijacking this topic to say carl's avatar made me giggle
  24. RicepigeonKKM

RicepigeonKKM Wait, who?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

25. dishwasher

dishwasher

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)