1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Party Of Six

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by Jumpman16, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

this thread is awesome

good work jump
  2. Ice Rabbit

Ice Rabbit

This is a proper time to say "What the fuck?"
  3. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

you guys can essentially thank (BAN ME PLEASE) havoc for me finally writing up this installment :oops:

Ok, I think I'm gonna do more than just spray Doug with a little water if I get out of this. What a little bitch! Why should I have to stand up to this intimidating bully for him? I *just* got my hair done, for crying out loud! How a girl like me be bolder than a guy like him is beyond me, really.

Whatever, we're both new to this little group here, so I'll let him slide, I guess. ;) Besides, I guess I owed him one after last week.

We were at the mall — I'd dragged him there so I could pick up some Maybelline eyeliner and mascara among other things :) — and who should I bump into? Why, Zach, the quarterback of the Lavender State Legends, along with two of his backup quarterbacks, Arthur and Mort. In my aspirations to be a cheerleader in college, I'd heard about these guys — all state champions for their own high schools about five years ago, were all fantastic QBs. Now? Well, all QBs for the same college...let's just say they're not as, well, special as they were a few years ago.

Well, Zach still is because he can still take a hit. Artie can't quite throw as far as he used to, for whatever reason, and Mort isn't as mentally tough and confident as he used to be, letting trash talk get into his head more now than in high school. And neither of them have ever been able to take a sack too well — they just about faint if that happens. They're all in the same frat too, thanks to Zach pulling some strings for Mort and Artie...don't tell them that though. How do I know all this? Well, I know a couple of girls from my high school that cheerlead at Lavaridge now, and...let's just say cheerleaders still gossip, even in college. :X :lol:

Oh sure, like a year ago — before I, you know, discovered what eating the right things and a little exercise can do for a girl with my genes, seemingly overnight :mrgreen: — a fine quarterback — yeah, I said fine :oops: — like Zach would have suckered me with the same bullshit Harmory just got owned by. Yeah, about that...let me just say that, quite frankly, she and her two "little" bosom buddies got what was coming to them. Ok, that's a little harsh, especially since I've, well, developed quite nicely over the last year or so, but I still instinctively harbor a little bit of jealously over anyone with a nice rack, ever since my first few attempts to make the cheerleading squad in high school miserably failed. Sure, I may have been ugly, acne-ridden and flat as a board back then, but...whatever, I'm hot now, what do I have to be bitter about? :mrgreen:

Well, I can be bitter about quarterbacks like Zach. We had one just like him at my high school, and he wouldn't give me the time of day, no matter how many hints I dropped...until one day sophomore year. I mean, I know I wasn't the prettiest girl in school. But it's flat-out rude to spout off a couple cheesy one-liners to get "the ugliest girl in school" to blow you in study hall just you lost a bet to your jock friends, don't you think? And just because you're the quarterback of the football team? Fuck that. And, honestly, fuck quarterbacks who have that holier-than-thou attitude in general — I'm going to make it my goal to thwart as many of them as I can.

Starting with Zach here. I see him gliding down from the escalator as I'm walking out of the store, and, well, lets just say that thanks to ESPN2 (which I LOVE because they cover the Bassmasster Classic a lot, a sport I just can't get enough of for some reason) and their coverage of the National Cheerleading Competition, Zach's not the only one who knows who I am, even if I wasn't wearing my uniform. But give me a break...

"Hey Mylo, girl, what's happenin?"

"Uh, not much..." I turned my head a bit and tried not to laugh, and he probably took this as some kind of blush. Good. Let's reel this fucker in, I was thinking all the way.

"You shake those pom-poms around bit for me, and I can give you something to cheer about," Arthur said, and he and Mort could hardly contain themselves behind Zach. Believe me, I wished I was in their shoes because I was about to lose it myself. What the fuck kind of pathetic pick-up line is that? :roll:

"Shut up, Art," Zach said with a glower, then turned back to me. "I saw you on ESPN, and let me just say..."

What, you've got a nice rack? Damn those are some legs on you, girl? I was ready for anything. Anything except:

"I really wish you went to Ledge, Mylo. I'm sure I would throw a lot better with a girl like you cheering for me o—"

The sound of two shopping bags hitting the floor grounded Zach mid-sentence.

"That's enough, preppy." Doug stepped right in front of me and I didn't so much mind about the bags I sweetly asked him to carry — he's a little bitch, remember :) — for me. Oh, I can smile about it now, but at the time...I was absolutely thunderstruck. I don't know what I would have done if Doug hadn't cockblocked him right there, but the same paralyzing feeling that comes with a loss of a girl's control to an attractive guy, a feeling I knew so well from high school, had begun to creep back into my head.

"You can throw those lines okay, pretty boy...now let's see how you can CATCH." And with that, Doug bent down and scooped up a handful of stones that served as decoration for the island of display trees outside the cosmetics store. The mere threat of being showered with those rocks that sent the Lavaridge Ledges flying. It was obvious that Arti and Mort didn't much like rocks and weren't going to come to Zach's rescue, but they took off considerably faster than Zach did, even though the quicker Zach is a great scrambling quarterback and the other two like to stay in the pocket more and pass from there.

Anyway, those jerks hightailed it outta there quick. And I'm getting the feeling that Doug and I going to be complimenting each other a lot in the future, watching each other's backs. But that still doesn't quite excuse him from the danger I'm in right now with the hit I'm about to take from this guy. But as I stepped in front of Doug like he had for me a week ago, he menacingly and rhythmically flexed seemingly every muscle in his body, was kind of scaring me a little bit, to be honest.
  4. Hazerider

Hazerider

I believe Zach, Arthur and Mort are Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres, Doug is Dugtrio and Mylo is Milotic.
    Although something's wrong.. Dugtrio can't trap Zapdos :|
    Maybe I'm confusing things.
  5. dishwasher

dishwasher

notice how zack ran away at the threat of rocks :wink:
  6. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

Yeah they're the birds, notice they all played for the Lavender State Legends. Also zach (zapdos) is still a good QB since "he can still take a hit" unlike the other two. None of them can take a sack (aka rock attack) well. Doug is dugtrio from the last episode, it's even more obvious when Mylo says she'll spray him with water.

I think QB refers to flying pokemon since mylo says that she wants to thwart as many of them as she can. The third to last paragraph is dugtrio switching in on a zapdos bolt. And of course Zach is quicker since zapdos has a higher base speed than the other two. Dugtrio didn't trap zapdos, he rock slided so zapdos switched out (ran away).
  7. meddle

meddle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

lol Aerodactyl/Dugtrio sacrifice combo

this thread is brilliant
  8. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

And now Milotic is taking a hit from Salamence, the 'intimidating bully'
  9. Basics

Basics

You guys are close, but:
    She didn't switch out right away.
  10. Articuno64

Articuno64 1 to 63 were taken
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

she probably ice beamed to get zapdos at health low enough for the rock slide KO
  11. dishwasher

dishwasher

well with dougs club boah band he can ohko zapdos iirc
  12. Loki

Loki like seashells
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournamentis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Champion

No I think she switched immediately,

it began to creep into her head so just as she was about to be hit dugtrio absorbed it.
  13. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I liked this one. However, all you really needed to do was name Zach. Naming the other two was kinda overkill. Just mentioning that neither of them can take a sack was good enough.

My favorite part was the first paragraph. Even though Dugtrio can take out a lot of big things, he's really still scared at heart, with his "bold" girl stepping in when he gets scared. Maybe it was just me, but the fact that he only grabbed just a handful of decorative rocks made me think that, since Dugtrio doesn't have a huge attack stat, his Rock Slide is somewhat weak (but still enough to send the quarterbacks running).

I might be imagining this too, but I think I caught a reference to Espyjump in the paragraph about ESPN2 covering the Cheerleading Competition...since Espyjump can pass to a lot of different things, it could serve as a connection for a lot of things to be seen together on a team, maybe?

I'm sure that I missed something after the initial read, so I'll read it again. :)
  14. Nitrous

Nitrous

awesome :koffing:
  15. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

Not sure about this...Club Boah band makes him more powerful? Hence the menacing stretching of Dugtrio's muscles?
  16. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

17. ABC-Trainer

ABC-Trainer

Well i was going to post everything as the previous posters cept for the tbolt/twave part which i missed.
  18. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Remember it's a continuation of the last one, so the intimidating thing is Mence..

I didn't pick up on the espyjump thing first time through, that was class..

NP: The Beach Boy's Barbara Ann
    Have a nice day.
  19. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

actually, i'm interested to hear where you guys see the espyjump reference in that espn2 paragraph, cause i sure didn't actively make one, lol

havoc, i like to give my character's names whenever i can...salamence doesn't even have a name and i don't like that, i had to call him a bully instead. it gives the characters names to which they can refer one another, and that's usually a good thing, imo

also, about the tbolt/twave thing...not quite, you guys are reading a little too much into that, which is to be expected in a thread of this nature, but i thought i sold the point with "thunderstruck," Loki got it saying Tbolt (I was thinking Thunder but they are the same thing really). Dan Dan, if it had activated Marvel Scale, I would likely have made a comment about Mylo's boldness increasing or something, but you were close

edit: lol, i used the word "paralyzing", that is my fault and i meant that entirely figuratively (not the literal paralysis you would liken to an electric attack, but more a 'omg shit shit hes talking to me hes so dreamy what do i DO :oops:'

edit2: oh ok i get where you guys are getting the espyjump reference...no lol, it's a mere coincidence that Espeon's and ESPN's names are extremely similar, a similarity I of course took advantage of long ago in nicknaming my EspyJump "ESPY Award" (a real, annual sports awards show for those of you not in the know), but everything else is coincidence lol
  20. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Dear god Jump, this is genius.
  21. The.Lost.Hylian

The.Lost.Hylian I'll have what you're drinking
    is a Researcher Alumnus

I want my custom title to say "Reading Jumpman's Stories"
  22. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

false advertisement, this story was supposedly the greatest
  23. Aeroblacktyl

Aeroblacktyl The pizza doesn't scream in the oven! LOL!
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

okay just reread its a pokemon story, all advertisement was fulfilled =[

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)