1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

All Gens Past Gens Resource Archive

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Jellicent, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

This thread will chronicle the various useful past gen guides and threads throughout this forum to better organize these resources. If there are any threads you feel would make great additions to this archive, you may post a nomination. Please include a link in your nomination post to the thread in question and a brief reason on why said thread deserves to be archived. Do not nominate a thread that is already nominated.

All Gens

#RuinsOfAlph - The official SynIRC channel for past gens discussion. Swing by to chat in real time with RoA regulars

Netbattle Supremacy Download Link
    Still the only simulator with proper RBY support. If the registry is down, you can advance connect to: atq.zapto.org

The RoA SQSA - If you have a simple question about any past gens, feel free to ask in the SQSA and you'll get a prompt response.

Project RoA - Where you can find underrated and creative past gens sets.

Pokemon Through the Ages - A community discussion on a different Pokemon in various past gens each week.

1st Gen

Hipmonlee's "RBY Battling Guide"
    Speed Tiers
    Viability Rankings
    Mechanical Differences

2nd Gen

Borat's "Guide to Competitive battling/team building"
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7 (Not really :P)
    Speed Tiers
    Viability Rankings
    Threat List

3rd Gen

Speed Tiers
    Viability Rankings
    Threat List

4th Gen

RMT Archive
    Warstory Archive
    Speed Tiers
    Viability Rankings

5th Gen

RMT Archive

Warstory Archive
    Speed Tiers

Viability Rankings
    Threat List
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. Perfect Cell

Perfect Cell

3. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Jellicent

is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Good eye, sandz. Added!

Perfect Cell, that's an awesome resource, but it's better off in OI where Frontier discussion belongs, so I've moved it there ^.^
  5. Crystal_

Crystal_
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I think it would also be a good idea to show the old gen analyses that have already been updated.

And Hipmonlee's RBY guide is very good and contains pretty useful info regarding the main threats and the importance of status.
  6. SoulWind

SoulWind
    is a Tiering Contributoris a SPL Winner

Just a nitpick, Hip's guide that Jellicent posted redirects to a Borat's guide.
    Good job!
  7. Jellicent

Ruiner of Alph

Woops, sorry about that X__X

Fixed ^.^
  8. eriados

eriados

Two really great Youtube channels I've been browsing that have older generation replays are Callous' and Old Gen Archives. Sadly, OldGenArchives seems to have stopped uploading.
  9. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

smogon doesn't condone the support of callous
  10. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

An update possibly. With the addition of the viability ranking threads, I think they are good references to list here, in additions to a couple nominations.

RBY
    GSC
    RSE
    DPP

The old gen mechanics testing thread

And it's not really an info thread, but whatever current mini-tourney is up can be linked (just a thought)?

11. Jellicent

Ruiner of Alph

Added the viability rankings, as well as speed tiers and threat lists (how were they not on here ?_?), plus a few other selections like the DPP Warstory Archive, RBY Mechanical Differences, and some community projects.

I'd rather the archive be concise than a super huge pile of links, but I would like to see some more stuff added. I'll add to it as I think of things, but feel free to make more noms~
    Pocket likes this.
  12. Jellicent

Ruiner of Alph

Finally added BW OU stuff to this. Should I add resources to other metas (Ubers, lower tiers, Doubles, LC) as well? I'd rather have this be a very concise resource that's easy for new players to navigate at a glance, but it seems a shame to leave out so much great info. I might just totally revamp this to spruce it up, so I'm open to suggestions here :3
  13. Isa

Isa

Should probably note that PO has better RBY support than NBS does these days, and of course a much bigger player base. (NBS has some minor improper mechanics involving Mimic but also the wrong type chart regarding Bug vs. Ghost.)

It's also the only reliable GSC simulator as of now. (Proper mechanics and no freezes - GSC has some Pursuit-related freezes that I cannot remember from the top of my head)
  14. Aerodactyl Legend

Aerodactyl Legend

Depends on the generation and tier. I think any Uber tier is good to add. For lower tiers, most seem niche besides DPP and BW. I wouldn't bother with anything else yet unless they're requested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)