Peak at 1 on Smogon, 49 on PO: Sand Offense by Porii Sames

Is this team a 9/10 team?

• Total voters
This team looks good, not much more to say. There are a few innovative sets (Support Latios, CB Hippo), and you seem to have most threats covered. Good Work.

Yeah, I think this thread can be closed now xD.

Don't really see any other improvements i can make, except for little things like something over Crunch on Hippo, U-turn or Psychic and Wish or Roost on Xatu, Xatu's EV spread, etc.

Thanks everybody.

Yeah, I think this thread can be closed now xD.

Don't really see any other improvements i can make, except for little things like something over Crunch on Hippo, U-turn or Psychic and Wish or Roost on Xatu, Xatu's EV spread, etc.

Thanks everybody.
Hey Porii, awesome team, I can't seem to think of anything that somebody hasn't already mentioned so I'm sorry for this but I'm going to ask a question rather than properly rate :/...

What EV spread do you use on your Xatu? I'm using a Dual Screens, Wish and U-Turn set on my sun team and I've been trying to perfect the spread for weeks. Using physically defensive right now. Anyway, thanks!

EDIT: I've switched to Espeon now but I'm still intrigued by your EV spread!

Hey Porii, awesome team, I can't seem to think of anything that somebody hasn't already mentioned so I'm sorry for this but I'm going to ask a question rather than properly rate :/...

What EV spread do you use on your Xatu? I'm using a Dual Screens, Wish and U-Turn set on my sun team and I've been trying to perfect the spread for weeks. Using physically defensive right now. Anyway, thanks!
Yeah, i'm wondering what set your using as well, and why not Espion over Xatu?

I just run max hp/def bold on my Xatu. Probably a better EV spread somewhere, I just don't really think about it much.

I am a HUGE Xatu>Espeon guy because Xatu is 1. Part Flying, which helps A LOT vs. Breloom, and 2. It gets U-turn, which is imo the best move in the game.

Hey Porii, since you advertised this on PBC, I'll rate it ;P.

It's one of the more creative SS teams I've encountered and I don't have many suggestions, but how do you handle Rock Polish Terrakion? It can set up on Landorus' Punishment or Hippo's Crunch and get a +1 Attack boost and then Rock Polish on the switch. You can't revenge it with Exca since your KOed by CC and your only decent checks, Hippowdon and Suicune, can't switch in. I guess Landorus can wall the non-Air Balloon one or all sets if you have Hammer Arm. But after Landy is taken out, your team will be severly crippled. For this reason I reccomend investing some points into Defence for Hippo or Suicune; just enough to tank 2 +1 hits so you can Ice Fang at -1 Defence.

Overall, it's a solid team that strays away from overwhored "standards".

Hey, thx.

Luckily, most people havent realized just how good Terrakion is and I've never activated Justified due to the fact that Terrkaion will rarely switch in to Landorus or Hippo really. Plus, if I DO hit them with that move, then i still pop their balloon, and Hippowdon can most likely take a +1 CC anyways. But I will do some calcs on Hippo to make it bulky (as even uninvested it is almost never OHKO'd by any physical attack unboosted).

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, you should definately put that threatlist in a spoiler.

Anyways, this is a very solid team, there are ways to improve it, but I don't want to get rid of Hippowdon and Suicune as they're too underrused already. The only suggestion I'm going to make is Jolly over Adamant on Excadrill. If you're going to use it to check other Excadrill, having that extra speed to help beat Adamant LO cleanly helps.

Jeez you reply quick o.O

Oh, my apologies, forgot that Dark moves still break balloon x.x. In that case, it seems to me Shuca Berry could make more sense on it, so what would you do in that case?

252Atk +1 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252HP/0Def Hippowdon (Neutral): 60% - 71% (255 - 300 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

A guarenteed 2HKO on Hippo, so I'm going to infer the same on Suicune.

@aboveguy: Air Balloon makes running Jolly pointless since Hippo checks Exca and LO can't KO you when you can.

OK...

1. I will try out Jolly, I've never liked it before, but I will try it.

Terrakion I normally will have to sac something (preferably Xatu) and get a free switch in to Hippo or if I suspect Shuca for whatever reason Suicune, which I'm pretty sure can take a +1 CC and OHKO back with Hydro Pump.

Thx everyone.

wow, when did it peak number 1 on smogon. ^^

One question though. Can you change your beginpost to what it is right now ^^
That way, we can all see how it is played.

I really like to battle you, even though the score by now is 2 - 2 ^^

Hey, remeber me? Lol. Anyways thanks, I borrowed(stole) your team for a tourney, won it all. I'm not even that good. Anyways, thank you Porii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)