BW OU [Peaked #1st @ 1634] - Sand Enduring Territory

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dreamy Desert

Introduction

I started building this team a couple of months back because I was keen to playtest the new Dream World metagame, and I knew that to challenge for top spot on the DW Ladder in order pass for voting requirements, a solid Sand/Rain offensive team would be the best way to achieve such a feat. I felt there weren't as many people trying through the earlier stages of the first stage of DW, as I found myself in the top 10 in a matter of no time whatsoever.

There was a spell where I dropped down to dissapointing #30th after my unsuccessful "Rain-troll" team, consisting of Politoed, Keldeo, Garchomp, Breloom, Thundurus and Genesect. I reverted back to sand in pursuit of those [RS] users and one or two council members near the top.

The main strategy is to easily summon your weather (SashTtar) and lure out their Politoed; I then proceed to sack Chandelure after delivering Shadow Ball/Energy Ball before it faints, so my Tyranitar can then Pursuit Politoed before it gets a chance to escape. From there, it was down to Excadrill, Blaziken and Garchomp to abuse SandStream and put the opponent under enough pressure he/she cannot begin to execute their own "plan of action".

Note: I have tested Keldeo/Breloom over Genesect but prefer the extra Focus Sash user and its coverage to do lots of damage prior to whipping out a sandstorm.

I've switched positions with mostwanted, brii and, on occasion, Frizy... all fighting for 1st place.

Team

Tyranitar (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Crunch / Roar
- Superpower
- Pursuit / Roar
- Stealth Rock

Focus Sash and Tyranitar may be suited better for the Battle Subway or even VGC. However, Dream World tends to be a fast-paced metagame which may slighty resemble "Ubers", in a sense that you're trading off powerhouses until the better team's opportunity presents itself. Watching their Terrakion fall straight off the face of this planet is a blessing in any metagame.

The spread is your run-in-the-mill 252/252 spread, expecting enemy TTar leads; so I raised my Tyranitar's Speed to accommodate for that. If I was up against Rain, I'd usually lead with Genesect instead. I can save Tyranitar at 1HP if necessay because Excadrill's Rapid Spin can be vitally important.

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

I don't think there is a better Choice Scarf user in Dream World. Whether Chandelure + Shadow Tag is broken remains a mystery until us council members gather together and discuss his position on the grander scale of things. Unless Blaziken is running Flare Blitz, Stealth Rock and is equipped with a Swords Dance boost (or Baton Pass), you're Blaziken troubles are comfortably dealt with.

It's sufficient at dealing enough damage to Politoed prior to calling upon Tyranitar and Pursuit-trapping Politoed so I control the weather.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill was chosen as 1/3 of the team's sweeper core. It has trouble with Air Balloon users outside of the common Skamory/Gliscor (former carries Shed Shell), but one of Dream World's fastest threats means it's very versatile and can be saved until a Swords Dance opportunity arises itself. Breloom has to be caught by Chandelure before I attempt to sweep.

I have used Jolly, but prefer Adamant to hit Skamory harder and hope for a flinch.

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

The first Garchomp set that came to my mind in Dream World was BrightPowder, and for unmistakable reasons. Considering strongly whether or not I could rely on such a cheap tactic for success, I opted for a fresh item in Salac Berry to ensure I could outspeed the metagame (bar Deoxys-S, Excadrill and Protect-lucky Blaziken) and proceed to sweep.

If there was one moveset I would consider changing, it is definitiely this one though. Dragon Claw lacks the power versus the bulkiest of checks and ones which resist Earthquake are a nightmare to deal with. Regenerator Amoongus + Shed Shell (props to brii) was tanking this for fun and escaped all Chandelure attempts to collar it.

Blaziken (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Protect

I wouldn't use Blaziken without either Protect or Baton Pass in Dream World. I've used all kinds of Blaziken before, yet this one is without a doubt the most effective set. After one Swords Dance, those calculcations don't do justice for just how big of a performer Blaziken is. Protect is handy for checking yourself against other Blaziken, but Hi Jump Kick is sin as much as it can be a saint. Should you use your own Chandelure correctly, Blaziken should be getting at least one kill per game and if not, you're doing it horribly wrong.

It's dual-stab's Base Power are exeptionally great, which is why usually most of us choose Adamant over Jolly; that, and personally I'm not aware of Jolly Blaziken's figures seeing as without Chandelure, it's very easily walled.

Genesect @ Focus Sash
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

By the time I came back around to remaking Genesect, I had still yet to reach first place. Focus Sash Genesect has the move variety that hits so many targets for super effective damage, with Download boosting your elemental attacks or U-turn. I stopped using Genesect and switched to Focus Sash Garchomp, with Keldeo in its place.

However, when I'd use Garchomp to lead against [RS] user with SashGenesect, I'd get frozen or they'd simply U-turn out to Chandelure. He wasn't using Naive on his Genesect, to which I figued would help me prosper when I'd use my own; they'd Flamethrower me thinking I wasn't Focus Sash (instead, Choice Scarf) but would lose because I could U-turn due to being faster on the second turn.

It was then when I decided that I'd revert back to Salac Berry Chomp, rely on Chandelure and Genesect to gape holes in physical defenses.

I think this team's run may soon start coming to an end, but may be useful for when we get around to discussiing the tiers future and how we wish to see the metagame develop. I feel there is much more team ideas to explore and therefore we should take a more relaxed approach to and for the state of Dream World.

Rate/Thoughts

Export

Garchomp (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Genesect @ Focus Sash
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Blaziken (F) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Speed Boost
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Tyranitar (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Stream
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Chandelure (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Energy Ball

Hey (Boss) Taylor

This team really seems to be heading in the right direction but I think that there are few things that could be improved upon. First of all, I highly recommend switching Chandelure's nature back to Modest, more power is always appreciated on this trapper while revenge killing. Timid allows you to reach 426 where Modest boosts your speed to 388, this allows it to outspeed respectable portion of the unboosted metagame. The main idea between Modest is to get an instant OHKO on already weakened Bulk Up Conkeldurr which otherwise presumes a huge threat. Modest also lessens off the pressure from Tyranitar's back to win the weather war. To accommodate well with this change Overheat is a solid canditate and replacement for Flamethrower. Lets be honest Flamethrower isn't beneficial on CS Chandelure in any way, it has more potential on the Calm Mind variant; Overheat packs a massive 140 BP which works extremely well in the conjunction with its 427 special attack and easily decimates the likes of bulky fighting and grass-type mons. 90% accuracy isn't too bad since its main purpose is to revenge kill and to weaken opposing mons for your other sweepers to be golden.

Overall this a brilliant team and well-adjusted to the current offensive metagame. Using two Focus Sash mons on the same team is definitely a smart idea and thanks to this RMT its usage will increase significantly on the ladder :/ Also I just passed you on the ladder so you might want to consider fixing your title.

This team reminds me why I don't play Dream World. In other words, a very scary team. If you're facing trouble from opposing weather, make Tyranitar Brave or Quiet or Sassy. This gets your sandstorm up first, and get at least one blow in due to the sash. Also, you could then transfer speed into health for extra bulk.

But if the jolly works for you, Godspeed :)

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey (Boss) Taylor

This team really seems to be heading in the right direction but I think that there are few things that could be improved upon. First of all, I highly recommend switching Chandelure's nature back to Modest, more power is always appreciated on this trapper while revenge killing. Timid allows you to reach 426 where Modest boosts your speed to 388, this allows it to outspeed respectable portion of the unboosted metagame. The main idea between Modest is to get an instant OHKO on already weakened Bulk Up Conkeldurr which otherwise presumes a huge threat. Modest also lessens off the pressure from Tyranitar's back to win the weather war. To accommodate well with this change Overheat is a solid canditate and replacement for Flamethrower. Lets be honest Flamethrower isn't beneficial on CS Chandelure in any way, it has more potential on the Calm Mind variant; Overheat packs a massive 140 BP which works extremely well in the conjunction with its 427 special attack and easily decimates the likes of bulky fighting and grass-type mons. 90% accuracy isn't too bad since its main purpose is to revenge kill and to weaken opposing mons for your other sweepers to be golden.

Overall this a brilliant team and well-adjusted to the current offensive metagame. Using two Focus Sash mons on the same team is definitely a smart idea and thanks to this RMT its usage will increase significantly on the ladder :/ Also I just passed you on the ladder so you might want to consider fixing your title.
Your rate is appreciated, pal.

I used to have Overheat before I had to reboot my PC and whipe it clean; re-building most of my readily available teams took forever.

]This team reminds me why I don't play Dream World. In other words, a very scary team. If you're facing trouble from opposing weather, make Tyranitar Brave or Quiet or Sassy. This gets your sandstorm up first, and get at least one blow in due to the sash. Also, you could then transfer speed into health for extra bulk.

But if the jolly works for you, Godspeed :)
I've considered using a slower Tyranitar but when you can outspeed their Tyranitar first in sand, it allows you play your strategy effectively by forcing your opponent to make the first move. I feel Pursuit, Stealth Rock and Superpower are set in stone. The last moveslot is up for grabs; Dragon Tail / Roar / Ice Punch/Beam?

Edit: Left the room after selecting find battle and lost 25 points

Actually, I think you should go with Thunder Wave in the last slot, and go with Life Orb on Excadrill. I think this would really easy sweeping with Garchomp and Excadrill. Thunder Wave does the same job as Roar at stopping a setup sweeper gone wild with Focus Sash, but also helps sweeping. Skarmory will love switching into Tyranitar once it knows you're all physical, and that gives you a chance to paralyze it.

Now, your two sand sweepers have a much easier time with Skarmory. Excadrill, for one, is able to get past a paralyzed Skarmory more often than not (54% of the time to be exact), if you carry Life Orb. +2 Adamant Life Orb Rock Slide 2HKOes phycially defensive Skarmory after Stealth Rock, unless it carries Leftovers, in which case Chandelure can trap it anyway. Now, if Rock Slide flinches the first use, or Skarmory is fully paralyzed, Excadrill can sweep right through Skarmory, and then their whole team.

And for Garchomp, this is rather obvious. Sand Veil + Thunder Wave means a 100% accurate attack, which in this case is Whirlwind or Brave Bird, only has a 60% chance of hitting, which makes fishing for a Sub that much easier.

Anyways, solid team, good luck.

Well, I've wrecked this team several times (luv u bb), however it is an exemplary Sand Team that is definitely a model for DW. A few nitpicks I would use (though I would never use Chandelure, such a bs mon') if I utilized the team would be to try out Overheat on Chandelure instead of Flamethrower, since you're going to be switching out after trapping something anyways, so I don't see why Flamethrower is in any way better. I would also try out Frustration instead of Rock Slide on Excadrill, since it allows you to hit Rotom-W hard who seems to be a threat due to the major Water weakness and lack of a resist. I hate SashTar since it's such a waste in my opinion, but I have long before told you that and you declined my advice, so be it. Also, I would try out Bulk Up instead of Swords Dance on Blaziken, and Baton Pass to pass off boosts to either Excadrill or Garchomp since that's broken. With this in mind, I'd use Lum Berry on Garchomp instead of Salac Berry, and Outrage instead of Dragon Claw, for power! Also, you're desperately weak to Rain and Keldeo, so keep that in mind.

Love you! <3

Taylor

i am alien
Actually, I think you should go with Thunder Wave in the last slot, and go with Life Orb on Excadrill. I think this would really easy sweeping with Garchomp and Excadrill. Thunder Wave does the same job as Roar at stopping a setup sweeper gone wild with Focus Sash, but also helps sweeping. Skarmory will love switching into Tyranitar once it knows you're all physical, and that gives you a chance to paralyze it.

Now, your two sand sweepers have a much easier time with Skarmory. Excadrill, for one, is able to get past a paralyzed Skarmory more often than not (54% of the time to be exact), if you carry Life Orb. +2 Adamant Life Orb Rock Slide 2HKOes phycially defensive Skarmory after Stealth Rock, unless it carries Leftovers, in which case Chandelure can trap it anyway. Now, if Rock Slide flinches the first use, or Skarmory is fully paralyzed, Excadrill can sweep right through Skarmory, and then their whole team.

And for Garchomp, this is rather obvious. Sand Veil + Thunder Wave means a 100% accurate attack, which in this case is Whirlwind or Brave Bird, only has a 60% chance of hitting, which makes fishing for a Sub that much easier.

Anyways, solid team, good luck.
I think I will consider using Thunder Wave; at least Skamory can't always phaze me out when it fully paralyzes.

Well, I've wrecked this team several times (luv u bb), however it is an exemplary Sand Team that is definitely a model for DW. A few nitpicks I would use (though I would never use Chandelure, such a bs mon') if I utilized the team would be to try out Overheat on Chandelure instead of Flamethrower, since you're going to be switching out after trapping something anyways, so I don't see why Flamethrower is in any way better. I would also try out Frustration instead of Rock Slide on Excadrill, since it allows you to hit Rotom-W hard who seems to be a threat due to the major Water weakness and lack of a resist. I hate SashTar since it's such a waste in my opinion, but I have long before told you that and you declined my advice, so be it. Also, I would try out Bulk Up instead of Swords Dance on Blaziken, and Baton Pass to pass off boosts to either Excadrill or Garchomp since that's broken. With this in mind, I'd use Lum Berry on Garchomp instead of Salac Berry, and Outrage instead of Dragon Claw, for power! Also, you're desperately weak to Rain and Keldeo, so keep that in mind.

Love you! <3
I have a Baton Pass Blaziken on a different Garchomp team, but will consider Outrage or the standard Yache (maybe Haban x) berry set. I'm keen on trying Bulk Up on that team though, darling. Frustration/Brick Break/X-Scissor doesn't appeal to me in Dream World when I can rely on QuakeSlide and Chandelure together.

I want to use my beloved ScarfTar set as it seems useful for the first OHKO, but if they can capitalize on resisting the move you're locked into, this isn't the type of team that can switch around TOO often.

Did I forget to mention I had no Water resistance? I was thinking that when I was writing this up lol.

Strong team. Garchomp packs a powerful punch, especially in sand teamed with Excadrill. But on Blaziken, if you're going to use Flare Blitz in Sand with no recovery, your sweeping will come to a short stop. I think you should maybe try Leftovers over Air balloon. Sure, Air balloon could help against Excadrill or Garchomp, But you will shortley die in 2-3 Turns using Flare Blitz. Maybe just try Blaze Kick or Fire punch. Aside from that, great team. I can see why it Peaked #1.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I can understand how this team got #1 on the ladder, it must put the opponent under a lot of pressure having to deal with Dory, HaxChomp, and SBKen all at the same time. However, there are a couple of glaring flaws that I am seeing that pose a problem to your team. The first is that you have no water resistance at all, meaning if a Politoed or some such thing switches in and fires off a STAB Rain-boosted Hydro Pump, who's going to take the hit? For this reason I would suggest an offensive CM Suicune to replace Garchomp, who seems to be the least necessary and effective member of your team thus far.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Next, Conkeldurr seems to give you some trouble, as not a single one of your Pokemon can OHKO it, even Chandelure, so for that reason I would suggest Overheat > Flamethrower because that'll give you a decent chance at the OHKO on Conk and even if you can't OHKO he will still most likely die from residual sand damage since he can't Drain Punch Chandy to regain HP. Keldeo also eats you alive...but it's a sand team, I dunno what you're supposed to do about that. Finally, I can see Rotom-W hurting especially a bulky variant since even Chandy can't OHKO upon trapping it, Energy Ball will only do around 50%. Suicune should really help for this and that's why I suggest the Hidden Power Grass on that to deal a fair bit to Rotom-W after a CM.

There's honestly nothing else I can really criticize, great job Taylor with another highly successful DW team!

This team is the reason that I haven't played dream world in awhile lol. So many top tier threats all put together in one team so well. Great job on this team!

Not necessarily saying this will help your team over your current sets, but whenever I ran DW, the first and best Blaziken set I ever used was:

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-HJK
-Stone Edge

Also, my favorite Genesect set:

Genesect @ Life Orb
Modest
-Rock Polish
-Bug Buzz
-THunderbolt/Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

This kinda reverses your roles for the two; BLaziken becomes the Sash user while Genesect is more of the direct sweeper. I actually normally lead with Blaziken. At +2, Stone Edge easily 2HKO's Dnite and Lati@s, two of Blaziken's usual switch-ins. Only ones that still beat it was Slowbro and Jellicent. Meanwhile, if Genesect gets the +1 Special Attack AND the RP off, it tears through teams like no other (except maybe Blaziken ;D).

The highest I've ever gotten in BW, due completely to my lack of tryhard-edness (and the fact that school started back up 2 days after I started PO), was only a meer 12th on the DW ladder back in late 2010 (I actually tried back in 4th Gen on Shoddy, and got to #1 OU for quite a while, then moved on to Ubers after getting bored with OU's easiness, and reached #12 there in 2 hours. I then went to UU and got #4 in about 40 minutes. Ever since then I haven't cared too much for Laddering). But anyways, that 12th spot I reached in 2010 was with BLaziken, Thunderus/Serperior, Hippowdon, Terrakion, Genesect, Excadrill. Those were the two sets I ran for my Blaziken and Genesect, and were heands down the best ones I ever tried. You can try them if you want, but since I haven't played DW since mid-2011, I dont know how the metagame is relative to those sets. I just thought I might mention them, since they were THE 2 best pokes I had used in DW.

And, just a side note: No one used Terrakion on PO then. I'm claiming 1st user right now. Just like how I was 1st with using Lum berries on sweepers (Lucario and Mence)back in early 4th Gen. xD

Not necessarily saying this will help your team over your current sets, but whenever I ran DW, the first and best Blaziken set I ever used was:

Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Fire Punch
-HJK
-Stone Edge

Also, my favorite Genesect set:

Genesect @ Life Orb
Modest
-Rock Polish
-Bug Buzz
-THunderbolt/Ice Beam
-Flamethrower

This kinda reverses your roles for the two; BLaziken becomes the Sash user while Genesect is more of the direct sweeper. I actually normally lead with Blaziken. At +2, Stone Edge easily 2HKO's Dnite and Lati@s, two of Blaziken's usual switch-ins. Only ones that still beat it was Slowbro and Jellicent. Meanwhile, if Genesect gets the +1 Special Attack AND the RP off, it tears through teams like no other (except maybe Blaziken ;D).

The highest I've ever gotten in BW, due completely to my lack of tryhard-edness (and the fact that school started back up 2 days after I started PO), was only a meer 12th on the DW ladder back in late 2010 (I actually tried back in 4th Gen on Shoddy, and got to #1 OU for quite a while, then moved on to Ubers after getting bored with OU's easiness, and reached #12 there in 2 hours. I then went to UU and got #4 in about 40 minutes. Ever since then I haven't cared too much for Laddering). But anyways, that 12th spot I reached in 2010 was with BLaziken, Thunderus/Serperior, Hippowdon, Terrakion, Genesect, Excadrill. Those were the two sets I ran for my Blaziken and Genesect, and were heands down the best ones I ever tried. You can try them if you want, but since I haven't played DW since mid-2011, I dont know how the metagame is relative to those sets. I just thought I might mention them, since they were THE 2 best pokes I had used in DW.

And, just a side note: No one used Terrakion on PO then. I'm claiming 1st user right now. Just like how I was 1st with using Lum berries on sweepers (Lucario and Mence)back in early 4th Gen. xD
I'm totally sure you were the first to use Lum Berry's and using Sash Blaziken in sand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor

i am alien
I did recommend Sash Blaziken in our DW sub-forum and I have it on a team of mine. You pass to Yache Garchomp and you're in a good position to survive the attack because the opponent doesn't always expect they have to deal with those boosts for much longer in sand.

I don't know if it's any better than Air Balloon because I enjoyed using this Tyranitar with Focus Sash ever since Fear was discussing it with me back in Gen 4. Regardless, Lucario and Salamence ususally required Life Orb to give good players' teams moe firepower to break through the opponent's team.

I guess because Dream World was new for me when I built this team, Genesect just appealed to me seeing as we have three unreleased Pokemon exclusive to Dream World tiers. It is the most replacable member of the team, but Keldeo is generally more suitable for sweeping; I prefer versions of offensive Suicune in Adv/DP OU more so than Gen 5.

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the luvs <x3

Personally I like it. it has several good fighters put together. The only problem is that t-tar has sand stream and blaziken/chadulure are not rock,ground,steel, or even have a item that gives them immunity. In other words you might screw yourself over with t-tar's sand. But again, it's a good team.

This team gets severely molested by most variants of Keldeo and most variants of Manaphy. I tried this team out, and those are the results that I got. I enjoyed using this team, however, the weakness to the aforementioned Pokemon prevented my participating in any truly high ranked play with it.

Taylor

i am alien
This team gets severely molested by most variants of Keldeo and most variants of Manaphy. I tried this team out, and those are the results that I got. I enjoyed using this team, however, the weakness to the aforementioned Pokemon prevented my participating in any truly high ranked play with it.
I guess because the opponent is not likely to lead with Keldeo, and most certainly not Manaphy, allows you to prepare yourself for when Keldeo eventually comes in. It's preparing my Excadrill/Blaziken/Chandelure to get one attack in prior to fainting, then I can hopefully Protect for Speed Boost without Keldeo using Substitute in the same turn. Keldeo requires Rain support if he wishes to OHKO Garchomp after one Calm Mind, so they need to bring their Politoed sooner rather than later.

I do have another version of this team, but the strategy is noticably different in that I don't run Chandelure and I opt for Shed Shell on Tyranitar. In place of Chandelure and Genesect, I have Breloom and Keldeo giving me useful Water-type resists.

However, I now lose my only Fighting-type resist and other than replacing Breloom/Keldeo for Chandelure/Deoxys-S, this team should remain the same. It is a fine template when looking at how to build a successful DW team, and perhaps should serve as a guideline for similar varients adjusted to everyones' own preferences for when making their own.

appreciate x

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi Taylor nice Team you got there.

Looking at your team you have a crippling weakness to Waterattacks (with no Mon being able to really take one hit) and Sunteams can prove to be annoying too (exspecially Venusaur).

I honestly dont see what Genosect accomplishes for you that your other Teammates not already accomplish (besides being a really good Mon that fits in almost any Team). Well hes certainly nice vs. Dragons and stuff and a last-ditch effort thanks to Focus Sash but i think you should be able to Revengekill most Threats (or rather you dont let them set-up) with Excadrill and Blaziken.

After thinking it through i came to the conclusion that an Dragon might be the replacement for Genosect.

Latias/Latios are the obvious ones (maybe even with Shed Shell) and they both lure Mons in that Chandelure is able to defeat or on whom Blaziken/Excadrill/Garchomp can set up.

Something like Wish, Protect, Draco Meteor/DPulse/Psyshock/Surf/HP[xyz]-Latias or a simple set consisting of DM, Surf, HP[xyz]/Psyshock, Recover might suit your taste. The Item shouldb obviously be a Shed Shell so you can escape that pesky Chandelures and trap them with TTar.

Hydreigon (Scarf) is another possible Replacement but it doesnt fare so well vs. Keldeo.

Just throwing out some ideas that might fix that 'weakness'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)