Pelipper

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk as well, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is slightly lackluster, meaning it is 2HKOed by powerful, resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further, chipping off 25% of its HP every time it switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears the Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses to Rock and Electric, though those two types are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]
name: Physically Defensive
move 1: Defog
move 2: Roost
move 3: Scald
move 4: Hurricane / U-turn
item: Leftovers
ability: Keen Eye
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog clears all entry hazards on both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery while removing its weakness to Rock and dampening its Electric weakness for one turn. Scald gives Pelipper a solid STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn the foe, deterring physical attackers. Hurricane is a good Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon resistant to Water, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath, hard and heavily damages Gurdurr and Samurott, which otherwise easily set up on Pelipper. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a possibly unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock five times from full HP. 56 Speed EVs allow Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon, while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to Roost and its many resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while special Samurott variants can 2HKO it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into them. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either use Scald on switch-ins to fish for a burn or use U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should focus on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can take on the many Fighting-types in NU, namely Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock; meanwhile, Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards as do hazard-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, as it can provide one's team with a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards; in return, they break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]
name: Mixed Wall
move 1: Scald
move 3: U-turn / Hurricane
move 4: Defog
evs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards from both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying typing for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while lessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon that resist Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard as well as heavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, which either take advantage of Scald's burn or resist it, respectively.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock five times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is disadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature strengthens Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers provides Pelipper with another form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

This set can switch in on the likes of special Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to its invested special bulk, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch in against most Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting, such as Musharna or Mesprit, makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock; in return, Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten the Ground-types. Lanturn makes for a great partner, as it can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, or Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, as Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off lets Pelipper remove items and wear down foes even more by getting rid of Eviolite and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offense-oriented teams to allow nothing but priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced teams and is already pressed for moveslots. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB move compared to Hurricane, though the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive presence. A specially defensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has much better natural special bulk; such a set would also be a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, as well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper has reliable recovery in Roost and is able to get out of an unfavorable situation with U-turn, however. An offensive pivot set with Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn or Defog, and Roost is another possible set, allowing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets; however, Pelipper is extremely reliant on Leftovers, as switching into Stealth Rock and attacks wears it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot continually switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or force it out using Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns with Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the number of times it can switch in.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker Special Defense. Jynx deserves a special mention, as it is immune to Pelipper's Water-type STAB moves thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB-boosted Psychic. Sceptile, while being weak to Pelipper's Flying-type STAB move, is able to OHKO defensive Pelipper after Stealth Rock damage with a Life Orb-boosted Leaf Storm.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok this is ready for QC. Particularly the C&C and the Usage Tips I am worried about lacking; however, I cannot think for the life of me anything else to put there (maybe because I am tired af).

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]
  • Great defensive typing, resisting Bug, Steel, Fire, while also sporting a Ground immunity. don't forget Water and Fighting, they're probably its most important resistances
  • Reliable recovery in Roost
  • Two weaknesses in Rock and Electric, albeit common
  • Little offensive presence despite decent offensive options
mention it has good physical bulk, making it a solid check to physical attackers. but that its special bulk is very lacking, stopping it from fully taking advantage of its typing. Also say its SR weakness really cuts into its bulk

you could also mention that as a defogger it has a decent matchup against rock setters, though it fears the rock moves they tend to carry, but this is remedied by Roost getting rid of that weakness

[SET]
name: Defensive
evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
you
[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Defog clears all entry hazards on both sides of the field
  • Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Rock weakness while dampening its Electric weakness for one turn.
  • Scald gives Pelipper a solid STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers.
  • Hurricane gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-type resists such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath hard. Samurott and Gurdurr are also important targets because Pelipper's supposed to check them, but without it it might end up setup fodder
  • U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a possibly unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========
  • 248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. Maximum Defense EVs allows Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. The rest is dumped in Special Attack to hit you don't need to mention where the leftover evs go
  • Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat.
  • Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.
  • Rocky Helmet?
  • A spread of 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe allows Pelipper to outpace Maximum Speed Adamant Rhydon and OHKO it with Scald. I think this might be worth being the main spread

Usage Tips
========
  • Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger who can take on the plethora of Fighting-types in NU such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. put this in team options
  • Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to reliable recovery in Roost and its plethora of decent resistances mention specific Pokemon it can switch in on, i.e. Samurott, Klinklang, Fighting-types. However, Pelipper must be wary of switching in whenever Stealth Rock is up as it takes 25% of its HP every time it switches in turning many 3HKOs into 2HKOs.
say that it can use its switch-in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and that while it can threaten Rock setters it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its rock weakness

Say that when it doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins to fish for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum

Team Options
========
  • Ground-types such as Rhydon, Torterra, and Quagsire I wouldn't mention quag tbh, they often don't fit in the same teams and they kinda clash defensively a lot all pair well with Pelipper as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten said Ground-types.
  • Lanturn is a really good partner as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. I'd also say lanturn tanks special attacks, pelipper tanks physical
  • Frail setup sweepers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards expand on this to also say Pokemon that appreciate hazard removal, like scyther and ice- and fire-types
say it fits nicely on balance voltturn teams
Grass-types are also nice partners

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • Knock Off
  • Tailwind
  • Air Slash > Hurricane
probably mention a specially defensive set, though say that mantine can give it some competition because of its much higher special bulk

mention an offensive pivot set

Checks and Counters
===================

**Lanturn**: Lanturn resists both STABs and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic.

**Fast Electric-types**: Zebstrika, Rotom-N, and Raichu all outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns. I'd just make the section Electric-types and give Lanturn a big mention

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or forcing it out via Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case.
add a special attacker section
make mixed wall a set, the set should be
Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn / Hurricane (maybe in moves)
- Defog

and it avoids the 2HKO from LO Samurott

NV the offensive pivot set should be Hydro Pump / Hurricane / U-turn or Defog / Roost, I've tried it a bit before and its surprisingly hard to wall outside of lanturn (which is the main use of U-turn) and still checks non-Banded Fighters, Samurott, and Klinklang

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
make mixed wall a set, the set should be
Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn / Hurricane (maybe in moves)
- Defog

and it avoids the 2HKO from Samurott
Implemented everything but the mixed wall set. Not sure about this as I have never seen success with it (although that doesn't mean it is a good set). Wondering if other QC members want to input their two cents about this.

nv

The Lost Age
Ok so I added the Mixed defensive set and basically c/p'd the Defensive set Usage Tips and TOs so I may need to reword those. Since I have never really used the mixed set, maybe Pokedots and boltsandbombers, you guys could help me? I will test it though myself. :P

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok so I added the Mixed defensive set and basically c/p'd the Defensive set Usage Tips and TOs so I may need to reword those. Since I have never really used the mixed set, maybe Pokedots and boltsandbombers, you guys could help me? I will test it though myself. :P
You will need to reword those for sure. Firstly, the set plays differently from the physically defensive one so team options and usage tips will be quite different, and the GP team strongly dislikes when people c/p sets since it just looks bad in general.
In team options, you should say that a sturdier fighting resist and normal check is useful because with less defense investment its not as reliable of a check to the likes of sawk and gurdurr. In usage tips talk about what stuff it can switch in on, which is the likes of special samurott, ludicolo, floatzel, poliwrath, etc while in the physical sets usage tips focus on the physical threats it should be switching in on. In set details you might want to mention that max spdef is bad because then you get 2hkoed by banded sawks cc. But yea try the set out and get a feel for how it plays.

nv

The Lost Age
Ok I did the rewording (feels similar to the first one, but different enough to separate itself) and I am currently testing it out so I can add more. Thanks you guys and I will try and test / get this done as soon as possible.

EDIT: Tested it out and I am finding that I love the Mixed Wall set way more than the Defensive set like so much so that it should be its only set or at least the main set. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Pokedots

How should I live to be happy
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok I did the rewording (feels similar to the first one, but different enough to separate itself) and I am currently testing it out so I can add more. Thanks you guys and I will try and test / get this done as soon as possible.

EDIT: Tested it out and I am finding that I love the Mixed Wall set way more than the Defensive set like so much so that it should be its only set or at least the main set. Thoughts?
this was actually talked about a bit but it was decided that physically defensive should be the main spread, as it's just a more reliable Fighting-check and in general to a lot of the physical meta; all the mixed does is check Samurott and other special Water-types, which is important enough for it to earn its own set but overall not enough to be the main one

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========
  • Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of both sides of the field
  • Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while dampening its Electric weakness.
  • Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers.
  • Hurricane gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-type resists such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath hard as well as hitting Gurdurr and Samurott, who either take advantage of Scald's burn or resists it.
  • U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of an unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========
  • 248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat.
  • Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat.
  • Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.
  • Maximum Special Defense investment is bad because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat.

Usage Tips
========
  • Pelipper can switch in on the likes of Special Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the invested special bulk it now has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its plethora of decent resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Samurott, and Sawk. However, Pelipper must be wary of switching in whenever Stealth Rock is up as it takes 25% of its HP every time it switches in turning many 3HKOs into 2HKOs. remember to mention stuff like fighting-types (shaky Sawk check but it still checks Gurdurr/Yama/Chan well), and Klinklang among the Pokemon that give it switch-in opportunities
  • Pelipper can use its switch-in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Rhydon and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness.
  • When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========
  • Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger who can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing.
  • A sturdier Fighting-resist such as Musharna, Mesprit, and Claydol all can tank Fighting-type hits better due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr.
  • Ground-types such as Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten said Ground-types.
  • Lanturn is a really good partner as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn.
  • A Normal-type check such as Regirock and Klinklang can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros since Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
  • Knock Off
  • Tailwind
  • Air Slash > Hurricane
  • Specially Defensive set (faces competition from Mantine though) and makes it a much less reliable check to Fighting-types, Klinklang, and other physical attackers
  • Offensive Pivot set w/ Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn / Defog, and Roost which hits hard while still checking Fighting-types and Klinklang. and SD Samurott

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both STABs and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom-N, and Raichu all outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves as well; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or forcing it out via Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker defensive stat. Jynx gets a special mention as it is immune to its Water STAB thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB Psychic.
qc 1/3 n__n

nv

The Lost Age
this was actually talked about a bit but it was decided that physically defensive should be the main spread, as it's just a more reliable Fighting-check and in general to a lot of the physical meta; all the mixed does is check Samurott and other special Water-types, which is important enough for it to earn its own set but overall not enough to be the main one

qc 1/3 n__n
Implemented this! Thanks :D

Defensive

Rename the set to "Physically Defensive" because there's already two different defensive sets and it needs to be clarified in the name to reflect the spread.

Remove Rocky Helmet from set details and put it at the bottom of OO, because Pelipper gets worn down enough by Stealth Rock as is, so Leftovers are very necessary. It has some merit for wearing down Fighting-types on switch in, but it doesn't have much use outside of that.

In usage tips, I would mention somewhere that Pelipper should be wary when switching into Sawk and Samurott, because Sawk can catch it with Stone while Samurott can potentially be the special set 2HKOing Pelipper with very little issues. Not sure why you say be careful when switching Pelipper into Stealth Rock, when if they're on the field, there's no way getting around it because Pelipper IS the hazard remover. That's not a usage tip remove that.

In team options, when you bring up Liepard and Jynx, don't label them as set up sweepers rather they should be addressed as frail attackers. Note that Defog support is really nice for Sash Jynx for obvious reasons. Add Klinklang as a teammate, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to switch into some common checks to it such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, though it only beats these two with Hurricane so bring that up as well. When mentioning Grass-type teammates don't even say that Pelipper handles Fire-types when the two most notable Fire-types easily break past Pelipper (Magmortar OHKOs with Thunderbolt and Life Orb Pyroar has a good chance to OHKO with Hyper Voice after rocks). The biggest reason you'd use Grass-types with this in the first place is mainly for taking out Lanturn, which should be emphasized.

Mixed Wall

In usage tips make sure to get rid of that line about switching into Stealth Rock as well.

Don't really like the mention of Claydol, when you bring up sturdier Fighting-type resists when the roles they play on a team conflict (both provide hazard control). Claydol isn't used as a sturdy Fighting resist either when it mainly goes the offensive route. Remove that mention.

OO

I wouldn't say specially defensive faces that much competition from Mantine when it has some notable qualities over it, namely Roost + U-turn.

Checks and Counters

Add Musharna to the bulky Pokemon section too because it more or less does the same thing as Audino. Also mention that Mega Audino can rid itself of Scald burns with Heal Bell. It's also worth noting that Ferroseed doesn't appreciate getting burned by Scald, which due to lack of passive recovery, severely limits the amount of times it can switch in.

2/3

nv

The Lost Age
Ok Hootie's check has been implemented and I will begin writing this as soon as I am done moving (~Thursday or Friday). Hope you guys understand!

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
NV giving you 48 hours to write this up or I'm reassigning. I can totally understand your situation with the moving, but its been four days since you said you'd write this and it's been a week since you last edited the OP.

nv

The Lost Age
NV giving you 48 hours to write this up or I'm reassigning. I can totally understand your situation with the moving, but its been four days since you said you'd write this and it's been a week since you last edited the OP.
Sorry about all the trouble, but I am officially moved out and this is written up so I should be ok activity wise now :)

NV

ill check this if you update it with the new meta, mentions of steelix and sceptile in particular need to be here

248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe should be the spread on the first set imo, outspeeding fast rhydon is nice and i dont think the loss in bulk is huge

otherwise i think this is ok so 3/3

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi

[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to continue to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is a bitslightly lackluster, being 2HKOed by powerful resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further by, chipping off 25% of its HP every time Pelipperit switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears their Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses into Rock and Electric; al, though, those two weaknesses atypes are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog clears all entry hazards on both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery andwhile removesing its Rock weakness whileto Rock and dampening its Electric weakness for one turn. Scald gives Pelipper a solid STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn the foe, deterring physical attackers. Hurricane gives Pelipper a goodecent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-typePokemon resistsant to Water, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath, hard as well as hittingnd heavily damages Gurdurr and Samurott, whoich otherwise easily set up on Pelipper. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a possibly unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. 56 Spe EVs allows Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon while the rest isof the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to reliable recovery in Roost and its plethora of decentmany resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while Samurott could end up being the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into these twom. Pelipper can use its switch- in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its Rock weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins to fish for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger whothat can take on the plethora ofmany Fighting-types in NU, such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten said Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn.; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx in particular, as well appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Sash intact. Pelipper provides entry hazard control for-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by hazards. ItFocus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, as it can provide a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Pelipper without Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards while; in return, the Grass-types break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup that, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while damplessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-typePokemon that resists Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard, as well as hitteavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, who eitherich take advantage of Scald's burn orand resists it, respectively.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an unevenodd HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is bdisadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature furstrengther bolstern's Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers givprovides Pelipper with another form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

PelipperTHis set can switch in on the likes of Sspecial attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the invested special bulk it now has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its plethora of decent resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch in against most of the Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch-in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger whothat can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting-resist, such as Musharna and Mesprit, allnd can tank Fighting-type hits better makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while in return, Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten saidthe Ground-types. Lanturn imakes for a greally goodt partner, as Lanturnit can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, asince Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off givelets Pelipper a way of removinge items and wearing down the opponentfoe even more by getting rid of Eviolites and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offensive e-oriented teams to allow nothing barut priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced / bulky teams and is already pressed for moveslots as it is. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB thanmove compared to Hurricane, thoweverugh the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive pressure as isence. A Sspecially Ddefensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has waymuch better natural special bulk,; such a set wellould also being a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, Klinklang, andas well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper still has reliable recovery in Roost while beingand is able to get out of an unfavorable situation viawith U-turn, thoughwever. An offensive pivot set w/ith Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn /or Defog, and Roost is another set idea as itpossible set, allowsing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets, however, Pelipper is extremely relikeant on Leftovers too much, as switching into Stealth Rock + and attacks further wears it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom-N, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves as well; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or forcinge it out viausing Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns viawith Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount of times it can switch in.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker dSpecial Defensive stat. Jynx gets a special mention, as it is immune to itPelipper's Water-type STAB moves thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB-boosted Psychic. Sceptile, while being weak to Pelipper's Flying-type STAB move, is able to OHKO Ddefensive Pelipper after Stealth Rocks damage with a Life Orb-boosted Leaf Storm.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
hi

[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to continue to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is a bitslightly lackluster, being 2HKOed by powerful resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further by, chipping off 25% of its HP every time Pelipperit switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears their Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses into Rock and Electric; al, though, those two weaknesses atypes are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog clears all entry hazards on both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery andwhile removesing its Rock weakness whileto Rock and dampening its Electric weakness for one turn. Scald gives Pelipper a solid STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn the foe, deterring physical attackers. Hurricane gives Pelipper a goodecent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-typePokemon resistsant to Water, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath, hard as well as hittingnd heavily damages Gurdurr and Samurott, whoich otherwise easily set up on Pelipper. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a possibly unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. 56 Spe EVs allows Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon while the rest isof the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to reliable recovery in Roost and its plethora of decentmany resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while Samurott could end up being the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into these twom. Pelipper can use its switch- in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its Rock weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins to fish for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger whothat can take on the plethora ofmany Fighting-types in NU, such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten said Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn.; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx in particular, as well appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Sash intact. Pelipper provides entry hazard control for-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by hazards. ItFocus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, as it can provide a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Pelipper without Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards while; in return, the Grass-types break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup that, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while damplessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Water-typePokemon that resists Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard, as well as hitteavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, who eitherich take advantage of Scald's burn orand resists it, respectively.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an unevenodd HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is bdisadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature furstrengther bolstern's Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers givprovides Pelipper with another form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

PelipperTHis set can switch in on the likes of Sspecial attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the invested special bulk it now has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its plethora of decent resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch in against most of the Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch-in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger whothat can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting-resist, such as Musharna and Mesprit, allnd can tank Fighting-type hits better makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while in return, Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten saidthe Ground-types. Lanturn imakes for a greally goodt partner, as Lanturnit can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, asince Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off givelets Pelipper a way of removinge items and wearing down the opponentfoe even more by getting rid of Eviolites and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offensive e-oriented teams to allow nothing barut priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced / bulky teams and is already pressed for moveslots as it is. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB thanmove compared to Hurricane, thoweverugh the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive pressure as isence. A Sspecially Ddefensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has waymuch better natural special bulk,; such a set wellould also being a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, Klinklang, andas well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper still has reliable recovery in Roost while beingand is able to get out of an unfavorable situation viawith U-turn, thoughwever. An offensive pivot set w/ith Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn /or Defog, and Roost is another set idea as itpossible set, allowsing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets, however, Pelipper is extremely relikeant on Leftovers too much, as switching into Stealth Rock + and attacks further wears it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom-N, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves as well; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or forcinge it out viausing Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns viawith Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount of times it can switch in.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker dSpecial Defensive stat. Jynx gets a special mention, as it is immune to itPelipper's Water-type STAB moves thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB-boosted Psychic. Sceptile, while being weak to Pelipper's Flying-type STAB move, is able to OHKO Ddefensive Pelipper after Stealth Rocks damage with a Life Orb-boosted Leaf Storm.

GP 1/2
Too many damn commas for my liking lmao

This is done! :)

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
P Squared love me
[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is slightly lackluster, being 2HKOed by powerful, (insert comma) resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further, chipping off 25% of its HP every time it switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears the Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost which temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses to Rock and Electric, though those two types are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog clears all entry hazards on both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery while removing its weakness to Rock and dampening its Electric weakness for one turn. Scald gives Pelipper a solid STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn the foe, deterring physical attackers. Hurricane is a good Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon resistant to Water, such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Poliwrath, hard and heavily damages Gurdurr and Samurott, which otherwise easily set up on Pelipper. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a possibly unfavorable situation.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. 56 Speed EVs allow Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to Roost and its many resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while Samurott could be the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into them. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either use Scald on switch-ins to fish for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can take on the many Fighting-types in NU, such as namely Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, (remove comma) ; (insert semi-colon) meanwhile while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards as well as hazard-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams as it can provide a one's team with a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards; in return, they break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of from both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while lessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad poor situations. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon that resist Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard as well as heavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, which either take advantage of Scald's burn and or resist it, respecitvely.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an odd HP number, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is disadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature strengthen's Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers provides Pelipper with another form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

This set can switch in on the likes of special attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the invested special bulk it has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch (add space) in against most Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch-in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting, such as Musharna and Mesprit, and all or Pokemon that can tank Fighting-type hits better makes for a good partners due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while ; in return, (insert comma) Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten the Ground-types. Lanturn makes for a great partner, as it can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, as Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off lets Pelipper remove items and wear down the foes even more by getting rid of Eviolite and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offense-oriented teams to allow nothing but priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced teams and is already pressed for moveslots. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB move compared to Hurricane, though the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive presence. A specially defensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has much better natural special bulk; such a set would also be a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, as well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper has reliable recovery in Roost and is able to get out of an unfavorable situation with U-turn however. An offensive pivot set with Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn or Defog, and Roost is another possible set, allowing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets, (remove comma) ; however, Pelipper is extremely reliant on Leftovers, as switching into Stealth Rock and attacks wear it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or force it out using Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns with Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount of times it can switch in.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker (add space) Special Defense. Jynx gets deserves a special mention, as it is immune to Pelipper's Water-type STAB moves thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB-boosted Psychic. Sceptile, while being weak to Pelipper's Flying-type STAB move, is able to OHKO defensive Pelipper after Stealth Rock damage with a Life Orb-boosted Leaf Storm.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
GP 2/2
mine are add remove comment

thanks mambo lol
[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, (RC) while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk as well, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is slightly lackluster, meaning it is being 2HKOed by powerful, (insert comma) resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further, chipping off 25% of its HP every time it switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears the Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses to Rock and Electric, though those two types are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 five times from full HP. 56 Speed EVs allow Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon, (AC) while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to Roost and its many resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while special Samurott variants can could be the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into them. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either use Scald on switch-ins to fish for a burn or use U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can take on the many Fighting-types in NU, such as namely (either works) Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, (remove comma) ; (insert semi-colon) meanwhile, (AC) while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards (are you saying Mag/Scyth/Pyroar etc also appreciate Pelipper's ability to get rid of entry hazards? if so, do this next change... if you were instead saying that frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's ability to get rid of hazard-weak Pokemon, keep it as is), as do as well as hazard-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, (AC) as it can provide a one's team with a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards; in return, they break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of from both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type typing for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while lessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon that resist Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard as well as heavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, which either take advantage of Scald's burn and or resist it, respectively.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an odd HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 five times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is disadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature strengthens Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers provides Pelipper with another form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

This set can switch in on the likes of special attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the its invested special bulk it has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch (add space) in against most Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, (AC) with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, (RC) Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting, such as Musharna and or Mesprit, and all tank Fighting-type hits better (if that info was important quote me to sort it out) makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while ; in return, (insert comma) Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten the Ground-types. Lanturn makes for a great partner, as it can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and or Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, as Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off lets Pelipper remove items and wear down the foes even more by getting rid of Eviolite and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offense-oriented teams to allow nothing but priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced teams and is already pressed for moveslots. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB move compared to Hurricane, though the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive presence. A specially defensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has much better natural special bulk; such a set would also be a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, as well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper has reliable recovery in Roost and is able to get out of an unfavorable situation with U-turn, (AC) however. An offensive pivot set with Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn or Defog, and Roost is another possible set, allowing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets, (remove comma) ; however, Pelipper is extremely reliant on Leftovers, as switching into Stealth Rock and attacks wears it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly continually switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or force it out using Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns with Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount number of times it can switch in.

**Special Attackers**: Aurorus, Pyroar, and Mesprit all hit Pelipper on its weaker (add space) Special Defense. Jynx gets deserves a special mention, as it is immune to Pelipper's Water-type STAB moves thanks to Dry Skin and can hit Pelipper hard with a STAB-boosted Psychic. Sceptile, while being weak to Pelipper's Flying-type STAB move, is able to OHKO defensive Pelipper after Stealth Rock damage with a Life Orb-boosted Leaf Storm.

[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, (RC) while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk as well, (the previous sentence also started with "Pelipper has x", so this is for better flow) allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is slightly lackluster, meaning it is being ("Pelipper's special bulk blah blah is slightly lackluster, being 2HKOed" -- that's saying Pelipper's bulk is 2HKOed, instead of Pelipper itself, so that has to be fixed) 2HKOed by powerful, (insert comma) resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further, chipping off 25% of its HP every time it switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears the Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses to Rock and Electric, though those two types are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number not divisible by four, (this is nitpicky but the HP stat being uneven doesn't guarantee it can switch into SR five times from full health; it has to be not divisible by four) allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 five (spell out numbers up to ten) times from full HP. 56 Speed EVs allow Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon, (AC) while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to Roost and its many resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while special Samurott variants can could be the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into them. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either use Scald on switch-ins to fish for a burn or use (parallelism with "either x or y"; in this case we have "either use Scald [...] or U-turn", with x being "use Scald" and y being "U-turn". that's not parallel, so you have to either (ha) remove the "use" before Scald or add one before U-turn) U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can take on the many Fighting-types in NU, such as namely (either works) Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, (remove comma) ; (insert semi-colon) meanwhile, (AC) while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards, as do as well as hazard-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, (AC) as (we always use commas before "as" if it means "because"; just a gp thing i guess) it can provide a one's team with a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards; in return, they break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of from both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type typing for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while lessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon that resist Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard as well as heavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, which either take advantage of Scald's burn and or (ya that's good) resist it, respectively.

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an odd HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 five times from full HP. The Special Defense EVs allow Pelipper to avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Samurott's Ice Beam, while the Defense EVs take advantage of Pelipper's great Defense stat. Maximum Special Defense investment is disadvantageous because Pelipper ends up being 2HKOed by Choice Band Sawk's Close Combat. A Bold nature strengthens Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers provides Pelipper with another form of recovery.

Usage Tips
========

This set can switch in on the likes of special attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the its invested special bulk it has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch (add space) in against most Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, (AC) (there was a comma before "such as", so there's one after the list ends too) with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch in (we only use "switch-in" as a noun (x is a good switch-in), so this is equivalent to saying like... "tank opportunities" or something, which is weird, so no dash there) opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, (RC) Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting, such as Musharna and or Mesprit ("a sturdier Pokemon" is singular, but "Musharna and Mesprit" is plural; you have to make them match. changing and to or makes "Musharna or Mesprit" singular), and all tank Fighting-type hits better makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while ; in return, (insert comma) Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten the Ground-types. Lanturn makes for a great partner, as it can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and or (same thing here) Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, as Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Knock Off lets Pelipper remove items and wear down the foes even more by getting rid of Eviolite and Leftovers. Tailwind is a nice option on more offense-oriented teams to allow nothing but priority to revenge kill them; however, Pelipper is better off on more balanced teams and is already pressed for moveslots. Air Slash is a more reliable Flying-type STAB move compared to Hurricane, though the power difference is very noticeable with Pelipper lacking an offensive presence. A specially defensive set is plausible, although it faces competition from Mantine, which has much better natural special bulk; such a set would also be a much less reliable check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Hariyama, as well as other physical attackers such as Klinklang. Pelipper has reliable recovery in Roost and is able to get out of an unfavorable situation with U-turn, (AC) however. An offensive pivot set with Hydro Pump, Hurricane, U-turn or Defog, and Roost is another possible set, allowing Pelipper to hit hard while still checking Fighting-types, Klinklang, and Swords Dance Samurott, albeit not as reliably as the defensive sets. Rocky Helmet is an item option for both sets, (remove comma) ; however, Pelipper is extremely reliant on Leftovers, as switching into Stealth Rock and attacks wears it down easily, meaning it cannot reliably Defog, Roost, or U-turn like it should with Rocky Helmet.

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly continually (if they were constantly switching in that means literally every turn they are switching in, which is impossible) switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or force it out using Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns with Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount number (if you can count it, use number (number of things, amount of stuff)) of times it can switch in.

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
GP 2/2
mine are add remove comment

thanks mambo lol
[OVERVIEW]

Pelipper has a great defensive typing, resisting Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel, and Fire, (RC) while also sporting a Ground immunity. Pelipper has good physical bulk as well, allowing it to check a plethora of physical attackers such as Sawk, Gurdurr, and Samurott. It also has reliable recovery in Roost, allowing it to tank hits throughout the match. Pelipper's special bulk, however, is slightly lackluster, meaning it is being 2HKOed by powerful, (insert comma) resisted special attacks such as Life Orb Samurott's Hydro Pump. Pelipper's Stealth Rock weakness cuts into its bulk even further, chipping off 25% of its HP every time it switches in while Stealth Rock is up. As a Defogger, Pelipper has a decent matchup against Stealth Rock setters such as Rhydon and Regirock thanks to its Water-type STAB moves, though it fears the Rock-type STAB moves they tend to carry; however, this is remedied by Roost temporarily getting rid of that weakness. It also beats Steelix, another common Stealth Rock setter, as it resists its Steel-type STAB moves while being immune to its Ground-type STAB moves. Pelipper only has two weaknesses to Rock and Electric, though those two types are extremely common. Pelipper also lacks an offensive presence despite having access to decent offensive options in Hydro Pump and Hurricane.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Set Details
========

248 HP EVs give Pelipper an uneven HP number not divisible by four, allowing it to switch into Stealth Rock 5 five times from full HP. 56 Speed EVs allow Pelipper to outrun Adamant Rhydon, (AC) while the rest of the EVs are dumped into Defense for Pelipper to tank as many hits as it can from physical attackers. A Bold nature further bolsters Pelipper's Defense stat. Leftovers gives Pelipper a form of passive recovery.

Usage Tips
========

Pelipper can pivot in multiple times throughout the match thanks to its access to Roost and its many resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang, Swords Dance Samurott, and Sawk. However, Sawk can catch it with a Stone Edge, while special Samurott variants can could be the special set which 2HKOes it with Hydro Pump, so Pelipper must be more careful switching into them. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them because of its weakness to Rock. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either use Scald on switch-ins to fish for a burn or use U-turn to maintain momentum. Pelipper should be focused on pivoting into physical attackers, taking advantage of its decent resistances and invested physical bulk.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on balance teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can take on the many Fighting-types in NU, such as namely (either works) Sawk, Gurdurr, and Hariyama. Ground-types, such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra, all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, (remove comma) ; (insert semi-colon) meanwhile, (AC) while Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten Ground-types. Lanturn is a really good partner, as, thanks to Volt Absorb, Lanturn can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn; Lanturn also tanks special attacks, while Pelipper takes care of physical attackers. Frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's slow U-turn and ability to get rid of entry hazards (are you saying Mag/Scyth/Pyroar etc also appreciate Pelipper's ability to get rid of entry hazards? if so, do this next change... if you were instead saying that frail attackers such as Liepard and Jynx appreciate Pelipper's ability to get rid of hazard-weak Pokemon, keep it as is), as do as well as hazard-weak Pokemon such as Magmortar, Scyther, Pyroar, and Aurorus, all of which are worn down fairly quickly by entry hazards. Focus Sash Jynx, in particular, appreciates entry hazard removal to keep its Focus Sash intact. Pelipper fits nicely on balanced VoltTurn teams, (AC) as it can provide a one's team with a physical wall, entry hazard control, and decent resistances all in one slot. Klinklang is a good partner as well, as it appreciates Pelipper's ability to threaten its common checks, such as Poliwrath and Gurdurr, with Hurricane; however, Hurricane-lacking Pelipper cannot check these threats as well. Grass-types such as Lilligant, Shiftry, Sceptile, and Ferroseed appreciate Pelipper's ability to clear entry hazards; in return, they break down Water-types such as Lanturn, Samurott, and Prinplup, which tend to switch into Pelipper.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Defog allows Pelipper to clear all entry hazards off of from both sides of the field. Roost gives Pelipper a form of reliable recovery and removes its Flying-type typing for one turn, negating its Rock weakness while lessening its Electric weakness. Scald gives Pelipper a STAB move with a 30% chance to burn, deterring physical attackers. U-turn allows Pelipper to provide momentum while getting out of a bad situation. Hurricane, however, gives Pelipper a decent Flying-type STAB move that hits Pokemon that resist Water such as Lilligant, Ludicolo, Sceptile, and Poliwrath hard as well as heavily damaging Gurdurr and Samurott, which either take advantage of Scald's burn and or resist it, respectively.

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

This set can switch in on the likes of special attacking Samurott, Ludicolo, Floatzel, Poliwrath, and other special attackers much better thanks to the its invested special bulk it has, its access to reliable recovery in Roost, and its resistances against Pokemon such as Klinklang and Samurott. It can also still switch (add space) in against most Fighting-types, such as Hitmonchan, Gurdurr, and Hariyama, (AC) with the invested physical bulk at the cost of being a more shaky Sawk check. Pelipper can use its switch in opportunities to Defog when necessary, and while it can threaten common Stealth Rock setters, such as, (RC) Steelix, Rhydon, and Regirock, it can sometimes be hard to switch into them or Defog on them because of its Rock weakness. When Pelipper doesn't need to Defog or Roost, it's best to either Scald switch-ins and hope for a burn or U-turn to maintain momentum.

Team Options
========

Pelipper should be used on teams that appreciate a bulky Defogger that can switch into special and physical attackers by taking advantage of its typing. A sturdier Pokemon that resists Fighting, such as Musharna and or Mesprit, and all tank Fighting-type hits better (if that info was important quote me to sort it out) makes for a good partner due to Pelipper being not as reliable as a check to Fighting-types such as Sawk and Gurdurr. Ground-types such as Steelix, Rhydon, and Torterra all pair well with Pelipper, as they are immune to Electric and resist Rock, while ; in return, (insert comma) Pelipper takes on Water- and Grass-types that threaten the Ground-types. Lanturn makes for a great partner, as it can tank Electric-type hits for Pelipper, while Pelipper takes the Ground-type moves aimed at Lanturn. A Normal-type check, such as Steelix, Regirock, and or Klinklang, can help Pelipper take on some of the powerful Normal-types such as Kangaskhan and Tauros, as Pelipper lacks the invested bulk to tank hits from such Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Checks and Counters
===================

**Electric-types**: Lanturn resists both of Pelipper's STAB moves and has Heal Bell to ward off any unwarranted Scald burns. Lanturn can also force Pelipper out with STAB-boosted Volt Switch or cripple it with Toxic. Zebstrika, Rotom, and Raichu all are able to outspeed and OHKO Pelipper with their STAB moves; however, they are all frail and cannot constantly continually switch into Pelipper for fear of Scald burns.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Mega Audino, Musharna, and Ferroseed can tank Pelipper's attacks and set up on it in Mega Audino's case or force it out using Leech Seed in Ferroseed's case. Mega Audino and Musharna can also get rid of Scald burns with Heal Bell, while Ferroseed has a harder time dealing with Pelipper after being burned, as it has no passive recovery, which severely limits the amount number of times it can switch in.

Thanks P Squared. This is DONE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)