ORAS UU Pepper ur Angus ORAS UU Balance (peak #15 ORAS UU ladder) [outdated]

Rate my team!

• Total voters
Pepper ur Angus
Island Spices RMT
An ORAS UU team that managed to get me pretty high on the ladder. It features Mega Abomasnow, a very underrated threat.

Click here for proof of peak

Firstly, shout out to DMT(click here for Smogon page) for showing off Mega Abomasnow. He plays Pokemon and Dark Souls on Youtube (more Dark Souls as of recent). He's an awesome player with witty commentary that never gets old.
SmogonDMT Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ygmj7ywd6U2orh_eY1P7g
SmogonDMT twitter: https://twitter.com/smogondmt

Now for the RMT!

So, the premise of this team was to use Mega Abomasnow.

Pepper ur Angus

Pepper ur Angus (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

First take a look at the UU viability thread
here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-uu-viability-ranking-thread-m2.3533364/
Top threats:
#1 - Mega Aerodactyl
#2 - Salamence
You might see scary threats, Mega Abomasnow sees breakfast.

• 252+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 44 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 158-188 (52.4 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage
  • 252+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Salamence: 352-420 (106.3 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
So it picks off Mega Aero with some prior damage and straight OHKO's Salamence. Not to mention after a swords dance this thing will devour teams.
This is the standard UU physical set, with 248 hp EV's to give it the odd HP number and let it less from stealth rocks. 0 speed IV to utilize trick room if the opponent carries it.(changed this after I lost to iplaytennislol's semi trick room team) Also no investment in speed to allow for more bulk and setup opportunities. Dual STAB with Earthquake to catch steel and fire types on the switch.

Tl;dr - Mega Abomasnow shreds anguses

Mega Abomasnow struggles with steel types and fails to break wall cores by itself, so I dropped the hottest thing since "To Pimp a Butterfly"

My Mixtape

My Mixtape (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

For those moments when you just wanna drop some Supah Hot Fire. Nothing bar bulky water types (Pretty much every other mon in UU) wants to switch in to an adamant choice banded sacred fire. Additionally, the bulkier things that try to switch in risk the 50% burn chance, which apparently happens less than scald ensuring some 2HKO's that would not otherwise happen. I use flare blitz instead of drill run/ iron head because if you run out of sacred fires without flare blitz, you're not gonna have a good time.

Additionally, the +2 priority Extreme speed helps pick off threats with lower priority moves.

Pro tip, your opponent is using Mega Beedril, lead with Entei, click Extreme speed. They will most likely lead with Mega Beedril to get the free mega and U-turn out. Leading with Entei forces them to switch out without U-turn, giving you a lot of momentum if you can predict their switch in.

Tl;dr - switch in, click sacred fire, get kill.

At this point I realized that the team needed a Chandelure check.

Hail Hydra

Hail Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Hydreigon works incredibly well with Entei. This is because you can U-turn on the predicted switch in for Draco Meteor and kill something with Entei (or atleast get a burn on something). Once Entei has punched holes in the opponent's team, Hydreigon can drop Draco Meteors and clean up. Also, Hydreigon has quite a bit of bulk, allowing it to usually last entire battles. I chose choice scarf instead of Life Orb or Choice Specs because the team is quite slow. Without the Scarf the team would get blown back by Hyper offence teams.

Tl;dr - Use NASCAR Dragon to out-speed threats and kill them

At this point the team dies to fighting spam and Stealth Rocks. So why not deal with two problems with one Pokemon?

Batman

Batman (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Standard physically defensive Gligar to sponge fighting spam. It has rocks because this is 6th gen and any team without hazards is bad it ensures many 2HKO's with Entei. It also makes it easier to deal with Fire spam, which already gives this team a problem.
The thing about rocks it that it is a pain for Entei and Mega Abomasnow, so defog is mandatory. Try to predict switches so that the lack of U-Turn isnt crippling. Also, try to preserve Gligar until you manage to kill the other team's Stealth rocker. Otherwise, it will be difficult to apply pressure with Entei and Abomasnow.

Tl;dr - Fat bat stops me from getting swept by Mienshao/SD Lucario and is the only form of hazard control

I needed to complete the defensive core. Also forgot that I was playing 6th gen UU.

Obligatory Fairy

Obligatory Fairy (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

I chose Florges over Blissey because Blissey is stupid adds another fighting weakness.

Standard Defensive Florges as a primary switch in to dragon spam and secondary check to fighting. The defense EV's allow it to take on fighting moves from the likes of Infernape and
Scrafty (lol who uses scrafty XD) Heracross. It has enough SpDef EV's to prevent most special hits from 2HKO-ing it. A prime example is Modest Mega Pidgeot's Hurricane, which does 43% - 51.9%.

It is also a wish passer and cleric. Overall, it gives the team much more longevity. Try to keep Florges healthy as it will allow you to outlast your opponent.

Tl;dr - Standard UU Fairy/Flower is team cleric

Oh wait, I need a scald switch in....

Space Fetus

Space Fetus (Reuniclus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Bulky Calm Mind Reuniclus to act as my main scald switch in, mostly because it is not affected by the burn. It can also set up on most scald users. 0 IV's in speed to utilize opponent's trick room. I made this change after I lost to iplaytennislol's semi trick room team.

Another great thing about Reuniclus is that it stops me from getting swept by other Calm Mind users, notably Sub/CM Cresselia and Crocune. Reuniclus actually beats them 1v1. Set up with them and hit them on their non-boosted physical side with Psyshock. Also, if you get lucky you can 1v1 curselax with the focus blast. After you break through their fat piece of garbage, proceed to sweep the rest of the opponent's team.

Try not to stay in on an incoming STAB knock off, as it hurts quite a bit.

Tl;dr - scald switch-in and Sub/CM Cresselia counter.

That concludes the team building process

Threat list
  • Jirachi - if scarfed, it can click iron head and proceed to flinch my entire team down, especially if it gets a free switch in on florges or abomasnow. If facing scarf Jirachi, do yourself a favour and forfeit
  • Entei - try not to let this get in for free on florges, as it does signifigant damage to the team. Try to get rocks up to limit it from doing too much damage
  • Chandelure - try to keep hydreigon healthy if this is around. Also, do not set up with Abomasnow if this is healthy. I cannot kill it with the priority on this team. Now that I look back on the team, I wish I had a strong knock off user.
  • Feraligatr - if its setting up on something, do not switch out. Try to get as much damage on it as possible and revenge with banded extreme speed. If it only gets to +1 speed Hydreigon should be able to knock it out
  • Snorlax - really fat and hard to kill. Entei can 2HKO after rocks damage with flare blitz, and 2HKO sacred fire if you can get a burn. Otherwise it's incredibly hard to stop once it sets up
  • Cloyster - if this sets up a shell smash for free it 6-0's my team
Beating DMT
Beating Turk
Beating Ariana Granbull
Beating King Bowser
Beating YABO

Abomasnow shreding angus on ladder
Importable
Pepper ur Angus (Abomasnow) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Seed Bomb
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

My Mixtape (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Flare Blitz

Hail Hydra (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Batman (Gligar) (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Stealth Rock

Obligatory Fairy (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Space Fetus (Reuniclus) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Thank you for reading my RMT. Hope you enjoy the ORAS UU ladder!

Last edited:
Nice team, not much to say but since you use reuniclus as a crocune counter its gonna have problem against crocune with roar. I've been seeing that a lot these days. Also Lucario is a problem for you if it sets up on florges espeed will be enough to kill hydreigon so having a counter for fera and luc might be useful. You have entei but its locked in adamant.

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Sup spices this is looking like a solid balance team and there really is not much I see to change as with balance usually if you change something, different holes can open up especially with the defensive core which is what I think could see a potential change. The one thing I do see with it and it is completely up to you as the team looks good how it is. In terms of your threat list and I really don't do this often because I think florges is the best cleric in the tier, however I can see vaporeon being a very viable option as a potential cleric and wish passer on your team. And it doesn't need to be the cleric set to be fair as roar and BP vap are very good mons, but none the less vaporeon > florges in my opinion is a viable suggestion and can work in certain situations. And just looking at your threatlist, stuff like cloyster, chandy aside from e ball and trick, and entei can be delt with easier and While vaporeon does not really check gatr and snorlax, it can roar out lax and potentially burn gatr so while it doesn't really stop those mons all that well it can potentially be an annoyance to them. And since gligar can help with fighting spam to an extent you do not have to worry as much about losing that fairy typing however krook is a tad annoying but florges does not like getting knocked off anyways.

Hope you consider it but the squad will be solid either way no doubt n_n

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar/baton pass/heal bell

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Nice team, not much to say but since you use reuniclus as a crocune counter its gonna have problem against crocune with roar. I've been seeing that a lot these days. Also Lucario is a problem for you if it sets up on florges espeed will be enough to kill hydreigon so having a counter for fera and luc might be useful. You have entei but its locked in adamant.
I would not really say lucario is as big of an issue as as long as it does not have ice punch which is its least common coverage move, gligar can easily take care of it. And if all else fails hydreigon even after 1 rocks switch in can live a hit and ohko it back but hera depending on the set can be annoying however not many cores enjoy dealing with SD hera so there is not much he can do without changing a big part of his team.

Lucipurrr

Banned deucer.
Pretty good team! Reun is a pretty good mon right now and it's nice to see him get some good play on an equally as good team.

Yeah Jolly Lucario is a problem for the team if it gets to +2. First answer for Lucario is Gligar. The thing is, it doesn't set up on any member of the team for free as it's quite frail. Also, most Lucarios run adamant, so they can be picked off with espeed.
As for roar Suicune, try to keep up enough offensive pressure to catch a burn on it with sacred fire. When it rests off the burn damage, that's 2 free turns to kill it with Mega Abomsnow.

hera depending on the set can be annoying however not many cores enjoy dealing with SD hera so there is not much he can do without changing a big part of his team.
Hera usually doesn't run the coverage to touch Florges and Gligar. Gligar can whittle it enough to be picked off by Entie or Hyd, if its Sub try to stop it with florges. To be honest if i can predict the switch into a non-scarf Heracross, it's usually free rocks, a free wish, or a free sacred fire.

haxiom edit: merged two posts, please don't double post in the future. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hera usually doesn't run the coverage to touch Florges and Gligar. Gligar can whittle it enough to be picked off by Entie or Hyd, if its Sub try to stop it with florges. To be honest if i can predict the switch into a non-scarf Heracross, it's usually free rocks, a free wish, or a free sacred fire.
Facade and knock off are quite common for florges and gligar respectively

Sup spices this is looking like a solid balance team and there really is not much I see to change as with balance usually if you change something, different holes can open up especially with the defensive core which is what I think could see a potential change. The one thing I do see with it and it is completely up to you as the team looks good how it is. In terms of your threat list and I really don't do this often because I think florges is the best cleric in the tier, however I can see vaporeon being a very viable option as a potential cleric and wish passer on your team. And it doesn't need to be the cleric set to be fair as roar and BP vap are very good mons, but none the less vaporeon > florges in my opinion is a viable suggestion and can work in certain situations. And just looking at your threatlist, stuff like cloyster, chandy aside from e ball and trick, and entei can be delt with easier and While vaporeon does not really check gatr and snorlax, it can roar out lax and potentially burn gatr so while it doesn't really stop those mons all that well it can potentially be an annoyance to them. And since gligar can help with fighting spam to an extent you do not have to worry as much about losing that fairy typing however krook is a tad annoying but florges does not like getting knocked off anyways.

Hope you consider it but the squad will be solid either way no doubt n_n

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Wish
- Protect
- Roar/baton pass/heal bell
Tried out Vaporeon for like 15-20 battles on my alt.
Pros
  • Team had a nice check to sub/cm chandelure, which gives the team a problem if I lose offensive pressure
  • Baton pass set helps keep Entei/Abomasnow/Reuniclus/Hydreigon healthy
  • Baton Pass set gives momentum, which works really well with wallbreakers
Cons
  • Fairy typing missed, Dragon spam everywhere oml.
  • The team really missed the extra fighting resist. Vaporeon CAN NOT switch into a Close Combat or a High Jump Kick. Gligar had to take on all of that pressure. Gligar broke under this pressure quite often.
  • Found out the team had a weakness to bug type, as Yanmega managed to punch holes with Giga Drain+Bug Buzz+Air FlinchSlash
  • Vaporeon speed is quite poor, really hinders any set but the wish+baton pass
  • Vaporeon does not scare out figting/dark types. I found out none of my other mons could really do that as good as Florges could.
Final Verdict
Florges>Vapreon

Nice team man. I would be scared to use it low ladder just because cloyster sets up on gligar. Reun should be able to beat snorlax out. Pretty solid. Will try it out for myself thx man

Hey man pretty cool team you have here. There are a few basic changes that should be implemented.

I am on a phone so I cannot give you the correct spreads but, make abomasnow outspeed doublade with the mega evolution.
Max out Reuniclus' defense investment.

Now for some for serious changes. I think a switch from entei to modest specs Chandelure, SR offensive Krookodile over hydreigon, and and u turn over SR on gligar. Gligar is an awful Pokemon without u turn due to it losing you momentum Everytime it is switched in. I think these changes would help you with a fire immunity, stopping entei from running through your team as well as a way to trick opposing snorlax. I know these are a bit more of serious changes, but I think it structures the team in a better way.

I will edit this post when I am on my computer with the correct sets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)