1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Data Phasing Myself Out

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence is a three-dimensional retard.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I'd just like to note that Flora quit Smogon, as from what I've heard...
  2. Korski

Korski Distilled, 80 proof
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributor

I agree with pretty much all of this thread. Putting 2-4 people in charge of approving and maintaining RPs, 2-4 people in charge of the Ref Training Grounds / Ref Tutoring Program and updating mechanics changes, and 2-4 people in charge of Data Threads, SoTGs, and projects like the Gym League and CAP Revamps would ease the load on Deck and give a more structured leadership to ASB. Deck can still retain final say on all those things mentioned in the OP, but he also won't have to micromanage every little bit leading up to that point.
  3. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Claiming SotG responsibility with DarkSlay (just like usual). We may revamp the process, but SotG will remain a thing.
  4. shinyskarmory

shinyskarmory

Thanks for spending (and continuing to spend) so much time getting this game up and running!
  5. smashlloyd20

smashlloyd20

Just in case my earlier post didn't make it clear I can help with anything besides RP, which I don't have enough experience in. Only if somebody wants me to though.
  6. Glacier Knight

Glacier Knight

deck knight, this is such a neat thing you made. its the only thing i do on smogon really, so im glad this came into existence! well i feel bad now becuase heres all these people that can do stuff to better and keep up with asb, and i cant do nothing really. :/ . unless you want a test dummy, or an arena maker haha. but still, i give myself up if things ever need another person to pitch in.
  7. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

OK, so I should probably get some stuff done on this today.

RP Approval Committee

This committee will require a unanimous vote to approve an RP, and will consist of the following 3 members:

Zarator
    Alchemator
    Engineer Pikachu

Duties for the RP Committee will be to prove potential RPers on how their RP will flow (how will a battler progress through their RP), what the compensation will be, and to make suggestions to keep the compensation level of all RPs roughly equal. They will also be empowered to approve refs for an RP with the consent of an RP owner if that RP is being overwhelmed. Finally, they will ensure the smooth transition of any RPs abandoned by their initial owner.

Gym League Advisory Committee:

This Committee will be charge with making decisions for candidates for each Gym and seeking out new Gym Leaders if those gym leaders cannot maintain records in accordance with the rules for Gym Leaders. If two or more persons wish to form a Gym together, then they must be much more strict in making both leaders adhere both to win records and activity. The committee will consist of the following members:

Kaxtar
    Athenodoros
    iiMKUltra

Ref Assistance and General Maintenance:

Finally, there will be four more promotions to help upkeep on the forum and with reffing concerns in general. They will monitor the Registration Tower, Data Audit Thread, and Ref Training Grounds for new posts and maintain these lists.

Korski
    Son_of_Shadoo
    Leethoof
    IceBug

As for me I'll get back around to doing the CAP Revamp project. In the meantime, I'll see about getting editing access to all these folks.
  8. Metal Bagon

Metal Bagon

Well, at least my RP has a chance to get approved. Disappointed to miss out on the commitee but o well, life goes on.
  9. Leethoof

Leethoof

Wait....happy face. I have responsibility. So, what exactly is my (and Korski and Icebug and SoS's) job?
  10. Deck Knight

Deck Knight A Knight for the Aegis
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Basically I'm working on getting you edit access for the forum, so you can handle all of the data maintenance requests in the Data Audit Thread, leep the Registration Thread up to date with links for new profiles, clean a few things up now and again, and otherwise be support staff for the entire forum. So it's really much more of a "duties as assigned" position, but since the game is continuous and we have a lot of time zones covered, it should go a bit more smoothly.
  11. TheWolfe

TheWolfe

Deck Knight, I want to thank you and the rest of the CAPASB team for creating a incredibly engaging, exciting, and overall memorable experience. This is by far the best system of Pokemon Anime Style Battling on the web due to its incredible attention to detail, statistics, promptness, and original roleplays. The counter system gives a great feeling of growth as your Pokemon get stronger as you improve in skill.

According to the thread, it seems like everyone got all the bases covered involving current and future projects, but I'd be more than happy to serve to any contributions in the future. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)